Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• b_lisieux
    b_lisieux Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    @canyongeek & @cjbrummet Thanks for the kind words. I truly appreciate it. This week will be much better. :wink: I am definitely honest with myself. @cjbrummet Have a fabulous, fun and safe spring break trip with your daughter and granddaughter!! I'm sure all that walking will help you come back to Onederland if coupled with at least some of the time making the best food choices presented to you. But if you don't, you'll get there very quickly after your return. Enjoy the family time. Family is so important!
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Saturday - Success (what have you accomplished; focus on the positive of the week, NSV=non scale victories)

I don't recall if I posted here or somewhere else, or not at all, about fiber types; it's what I have been tracking specifically for the past few weeks because of apparent digestive malfunctions. Anytime I've read about IBS, I never seemed to fit the symptoms part and a lot of the foods recommended to eliminate were not foods I generally ate anyway ... so I always looked at what was recommended for fiber intake ... and I generally meet or exceed those recommendations ... but it never really sunk in before that the type of fiber I'm getting can either help or hinder depending on what was going on with my bodily responses. This week, I had some success in altering the type of fiber I intake to change the body response, at least a little. Feels darned good and I'll keep on monitoring and tracking.

@pneschich ... condolences on the passing of your mother-in-law. It was good to read your update. Keep it going!
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Saturday success- For me there are a few of them
    1- For first time on 29yrs I took drivers license picture with no makeup on just being the real me
  • schwich13
    schwich13 Posts: 31 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    So, I stopped by this thread, and it was exactly what used to work for me in years past. I would like to come along for the ride, if that's ok...
    I'll post my stats, but you can delete them if it's too late to play:

Think Spring! Challenge.

Name: Six
    Height: 5' 5.5"
    Highest Weight: 279 (so many years ago )
    Start weight ( Mar.01.2018 ) : 235 lbs
    Goal weight ( Apr.27.2018 ) : 210 lbs

Weigh-ins, week of
    Mar 09: 225 lbs (first week water drop)
    Mar 16:
    Mar 23:
    Mar 30:
    Apr 06:
    Apr 13:
    Apr 20:
    Apr 27:

Weight-/+ this week: -10 lbs
    Weight-/+ this challenge: -10 lbs

Total weight loss:

Again, I hope you don't mind me tagging along, y'all just look like you're having so much fun!
  • buxbert
    buxbert Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Can I join??

Think Spring! Challenge
    Name: buxbert
    Height: 167
    Highest Weight: 91
    Start Weight (Mar 12, 2018): 90.2
    Goal Weight (Apr 27, 2018): 87

Weigh-ins, week of
    Mar 12: 90.2
    Mar 16:
    Mar 23:
    Mar 30:
    Apr 06:
    Apr 13:
    Apr 20:
    Apr 27:

Weight -/+ this week:
    Weight -/+ this challenge:
    Total weight lost:

I need more spring in my life so I thought I'd join if I may. Looking forward to seeing those kilos gone :-)
  • Birder165
    Birder165 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    canyonGeek wrote: »
    Think Spring! Challenge Update - Week 2

Great job all -- Week #1 is in the books. Almost everyone has checked in. Eleven participants posted a loss this week, for a total of 16.8 lbs all together!!

qwqd5lwc3jy9.png

No worries if you had a fluctuation this week. We all know the scale doesn't always cooperate. Stay strong and stick with it!!

Thanks so much for helping me stay accountable, and have a great week everyone!!

Wow! We did great! Thank you for summarizing and keeping track. What a lovely group of people.
  • buxbert
    buxbert Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    canyonGeek wrote: »
    @schwich13 Not too late! Welcome back!

@buxbert Hi! Yes, you can join. Those are are kilograms, right? :smile:

yes, kilograms, sorry!

• pjakechris
    pjakechris Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just joined and am trying to decide whether to start this 100 lb weight loss journey by using the calorie counting or the new Weight Watchers Freestyle program. I've tried counting calories before but never seem to be able to get through the plateau's that inevitably set in. It's hard enough to be hungry, but to be hungry for days with no weight loss is something I just don't seem to be able to master. The WW Freestyle program has enough free foods on its list that hunger will not be an issue...there are free protein foods, fruits and vegetables, meaning that you basically cut way down on the carbs, fats and sugars. I just don't see how it can work... Maybe I'll try each method for a week or two to see which one works better for me. I could also try to count both the calories and the WW points.
  • Nikion901
    Options
    Monday Check-in ...
    So close to my 20% loss target that I can almost see it and yet I also now realize that I won't get there unless I increase the deficit in calories ...either with my food choices, or with increased physical activity, or a combination of both.

@pjakechris ... Just a suggestion, and if I was able to have a WW membership (I cannot afford the membership) ... I would limit my food the way WW suggests and count my points ... however, I would also log that same food into MFP ... using weights and measures to get good data ... for anything I ate (if it passes my lips, it gets logged). This way, after about a month or three I'd have a good idea of what the calories are that I am actually eating. WW helps you limit food intake of those items that are higher in sugar/starch and fat that is why you get so many free foods to choose from and why the others have a big wollop on the points ... it's to help you make better decisions about the food you are eating. Either way you go, you don't have to go hungry. You just have to make some hard choices about you consume.
  • ladylaura777
    ladylaura777 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I have been so sick for the last week that I am down substantially. Im heading out in a bit to the Dr for some antibiotics. The trick will be to keep the momentum as my appetite returns. 6 pounds down the last 2 days says I'm going to be seriously dehydrated if I dont do something. I am not going to log the scale this morning. Im having twice the tea instead.
    Blahhhhh:(
  • pjakechris
    pjakechris Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the suggestion, Nikion. It will really take time, but I'm going to try this, at least for now. I don't have a Weight Watchers membership, but there is a calculator on-line available for free that gives you the point values for what you are eating or planning to eat. It's at http://www.calculator.net/weight-watchers-points-calculator.html. You can also find a list of the new free foods on-line. It includes things like boneless, skinless turkey and chicken breast, eggs, and most seafood. I had a great, very filling meal on Friday that was zucchini cut up thin like pasta, mushrooms, shrimp, and just a small amount of garlic-alfredo sauce. All I had to count points for was the garlic-alfredo sauce (3 points for the 1/4 cup I used). Between that, and the other free foods I had that day, there was no hunger at all...just some refined carb cravings that I satisfied with things like a baked potato, oatmeal and an English muffin to go with the egg.
  • TripleSnake
    TripleSnake Posts: 77 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    OK, I am sorry, disappeared from here for a while... Scales moved very little on February, maybe around 5 lbs despite of increased sports. Last week cut off Mio electrolytes drops - saw that they have artificial sweetener. Cravings tapered out, appetite as well (again, because low appetite is usual on keto). Spent last weekend without eating at all (from Friday evening to Monday morning), I hope it will kickstart my further weight loss. Already lost around 10% of my initial body weight and 20% of planned to loose weight, but planned to loose might change depending on body composition (if I gain more muscle and better shape, I might be heavier, but looking better...)
  • Nikion901
    edited March 2018
    Options
    pjakechris wrote: »
    Thank you for the suggestion, Nikion. It will really take time, but I'm going to try this, at least for now. I don't have a Weight Watchers membership, but there is a calculator on-line available for free that gives you the point values for what you are eating or planning to eat. It's at http://www.calculator.net/weight-watchers-points-calculator.html. You can also find a list of the new free foods on-line. It includes things like boneless, skinless turkey and chicken breast, eggs, and most seafood. I had a great, very filling meal on Friday that was zucchini cut up thin like pasta, mushrooms, shrimp, and just a small amount of garlic-alfredo sauce. All I had to count points for was the garlic-alfredo sauce (3 points for the 1/4 cup I used). Between that, and the other free foods I had that day, there was no hunger at all...just some refined carb cravings that I satisfied with things like a baked potato, oatmeal and an English muffin to go with the egg.

Thanks for that link ... I went there and did my points allotment, just to see where it would take me ... and the points I got at my current weight stayed the same for the next 100 80 pounds lost and aged increased by 3 more years ... Still ... it caused me to take a closer look at my food diary so I can build a chart for myself for the points ... as I recommended that you do ... and found that in the past month, I've eaten the same 75 foods over and over again. .... LOL! ... I'm going to go back in my log until I fill a whole 100 different foods because I think eating that many different foods over a period of time is the healthiest way to get my nutrient need fulfilled.
  • thollan89
    thollan89 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Monday s almost over stayed within calories today but they weren't really spread out well and I ending up being hungry most of the day. Work kept getting in the way. Hopefully tomorrow will be better