May 31 -

Weight -/+ this week: .6
    Weight -/+ this challenge: -.6
    Total weight lost: 29.8 lbs
  • Birder165
    Birder165 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    kbeyer23 wrote: »
    I looked back at my couple year history on MFP today. Every time I get to this point in my weight loss (about 260lbs) something happens and I give it up and eventually creep back to old habits and gain it all back. Seeing this pattern (not including two stints of weight watchers and Atkins and whatever else! Ugh- so many failed "diets.") is really sobering. I'm nowhere near ready to quit this time. I don't know that anything's really different about my approach other than just being more forgiving of myself and more accountability. For me personally, this is a spiritual journey as well and I've been trying hard to give this battle to God. Cause it really does feel like a war sometimes. Anyways, I'm facing the fear that I will fail again head on, reminding myself to take things day by day and keep putting one foot in front of the other (figuratively AND literally- Gotta get those steps in, dontchaknow!)

This group of people is amazing- keep on keeping on, warriors! I'm looking forward to a spring and summer of success in slimming! Hey maybe that should be the summer challenge title (Summer Slimdown)??? You likey?

This is so timely you saying this! I'm also at the weight I usually give up and quit for whatever reason (250) but I'm also not going to cave in this time. I have so many bad days but this time I always get back on track again, no matter how bad the days are, and keep going. I've decided to be patient with myself and the rate of weight loss.

I agree that this group of people is amazing and I'm so happy to be a part of it!
    Summer Slimdown sounds like a perfect title! I likey, too! :)
  • DebCountsAll
    DebCountsAll Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I would like to see how the Think Spring numbers ended.
  • SammyKlingler
    SammyKlingler Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Karen Takes Charge Challenge! :wink:
    (Aka Kicking Butt in May)
    Name: Sam
    Height: 5’10”
    Highest Weight: 341.2
    Start Weight (May 1, 2018): 284.6
    Goal Weight (May 31, 2018): 276.6

May 1 – 284.6
    May 7-
    May 14-
    May 21-
    May 28-
    May 31 -

Weight -/+ this week:
    Weight -/+ this challenge:
    Total weight lost: 56.5
  • Birder165
    Options
    Lakota1961 wrote: »
    Your all amazing people. This weight problem is a disease or addiction or whatever you want to call it. For me it's very painfully real. I have had it all my life. I struggle all the time. I keep getting knocked down with my eating problem and I keep getting back up. I get knocked down so much, I don't even want to talk about it any more. I just keep plugging along. It could be worse. I could have other addictions or multiple addictions. I won't mention here. I feel all your pain. All I can say is ... don't give up.

I'm in the same boat ... this has been going on my entire life except for a very brief period in my mid 20s when I was at a weight that could be considered normal.
    Are you continuing on with us? I didn't see your stats for May. I hope you're joining us!
  • Silhouette_man
    Silhouette_man Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Birder165 wrote: »
    Lakota1961 wrote: »
    Your all amazing people. This weight problem is a disease or addiction or whatever you want to call it. For me it's very painfully real. I have had it all my life. I struggle all the time. I keep getting knocked down with my eating problem and I keep getting back up. I get knocked down so much, I don't even want to talk about it any more. I just keep plugging along. It could be worse. I could have other addictions or multiple addictions. I won't mention here. I feel all your pain. All I can say is ... don't give up.

I'm in the same boat ... this has been going on my entire life except for a very brief period in my mid 20s when I was at a weight that could be considered normal.
    Are you continuing on with us? I didn't see your stats for May. I hope you're joining us!

Hi Karen,

The batteries for my scale died. I should the mee ones tomorrow and my weight recorded.

Cheers

Gabe
  • dignow96
    dignow96 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Karen Takes Charge Challenge!
    Name: Stewart
    Height: 6’7”
    Highest Weight: Ever? Maybe 360-375lbs. Highest ever recorded: 332lbs
    Start Weight (May 1, 2018): 288.8lbs
    Goal Weight (May 31, 2018): 280lbs

May 1 - 288.8lbs
    May 6 - 285.8lbs
    May 13 -
    May 20 -
    May 27 -
    May 31 -

Weight -/+ this week: -3.0lbs
    Weight -/+ this challenge: -3.0lbs
    Total weight lost: -46.2lbs
  • Silhouette_man
    Silhouette_man Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Karen Takes Charge Challenge!
    Gabe
    Age 56
    Height: 6’

4/27/18 -300.5
    5/6/18 -298.0 - I want to move my weigh in date to Sunday every week. It just makes more sense to me for tracking my food and personal schedule. Thanks.

331.0 - Start Weight
    298.0 - Current Weight
    200.0 - Goal Weight

Total weight loss – 2.5 lbs in Karen's Take Charge Challenge
    Total weight loss – 33.0 lbs

Highest weight recorded – 331.0
  • SammyKlingler
    SammyKlingler Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Karen Takes Charge Challenge! :wink:
    Name: Sam
    Height: 5’10”
    Highest Weight: 341.2
    Start Weight (May 1, 2018): 284.6
    Goal Weight (May 31, 2018): 276.6

May 1 – 284.6
    May 7- 284.6
    May 14-
    May 21-
    May 28-
    May 31 -

Weight -/+ this week: 0
    Weight -/+ this challenge: 0
    Total weight lost: 56.5

• Birder165
    Options
    KATRENAJ wrote: »
    It's been a tough year and I really never got started on my goals. I have picked myself up, dusted myself off and miraculously found some motivation. I need to lose weight for my health and self esteem. After being in the shadow of death and recently losing my best friend in a comedy of medical errors, it now seems I find the courage to continue this path.

The truly difficult part is to continue. My major problems are twofold: Failing to Plan and operating on auto pilot. I realize I must plan my meals and have them ready for times when I need to eat and that I have to practice mindfulness each day to prevent "forgetting" what I need to eat. I also need to remember the consequences of my actions and how they affect my body and health, not just today but in the future.

I had a relaxing beach trip last week but came back with 2.6 lb gain. Have been too ill to exercise but now able but have to push myself out the door,

I want and need this challenge.

Name: Katrena
    Height: 5'0"
    Highest Weight: 250
    Start Weight: 215.8 (May 1st)
    Goal Weight: 210.0 (May 31st)

May 1st – 215.8
    May 7th – 218.4
    May 21
    May 28
    May 31

Weight -/+ this week: +2.6
    Weight -/+ this challenge +2.6
    Total Weight lost: -16.6

Big Hugs to you, Katrena! It sounds like you've had a rough go of it with your own health and the passing of your best friend. I hope you find support & comfort here as we all try to reach our goals together.
  • Teerai
    Teerai Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    2nXpbfc.png

X6EUm8.png