Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @hanalin--we all have a certain point where we usually give up, but you are past that point, so awesome job! Switching up the calorie intake is always scare--just remember that it's all trial and error. If your current goal isn't working, don't give up; just try something new.

@ana--I have not tried either, but one of my friends is a coach at OTF, and she raves about it. I've been wanting to check it out, but it's pretty expensive. Even if I like it, I doubt I would want to spend the money to go regularly.

@deb--great job with the water. I'm the same way--I never struggle to get in the first 8-10 cups. It's getting more so I can really drop the weight that gets difficult.

@heather-- At first you will have to go to the bathroom more b.c your body isn't used to all the extra water, but don't give up! If you keep drinking more, your body adjusts.

@rpmkarting --I don't eat strictly keto, but when I'm eating healthy, that's what I tend to eat. I'm always more successful when I cut out sugar and most grains and starchy foods. High protein foods tend to keep me satisfied and cut my cravings.

Sunday share:
    I had a decent week on the scale, but I know a lot of that is just water weight b/c prior to this week, I wasn't really watching my nutrition. Tomorrow, my husband and I are going to Savannah for the week. I know there will be a lot of tempting food and beverages, so my goal is to sample in moderation. I also hope the weather cooperates so we can do a lot of walking to counter the extra calories.

Super Summer Slimdown :sunglasses:
    Name: Karen
    Height: 5’7"
    Highest Weight: 247
    Start Weight (June 1, 2018): 201.6
    Goal Weight (August 31, 2018): 180

6/1- 6/8 focus: Hydrate! Try to get your water in every day this week. How I did: I did okay. As I mentioned above to deb, my struggle is to get in more than 10-12 cups/day. That's when I really see success, so I'm working on it.

June 8- 197.8
    June 15-
    June 23-
    June 30-

Weight -/+ this week: -3.8
    Weight -/+ this challenge: -3.8
    Total weight lost: 45.4
  • kbeyer23
    kbeyer23 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday!

Great job so far everyone!! Had a busy weekend, about to hop on my bike with the kids and head to the library summer reading program kickoff. (It's not a short trip- this will be a good workout!) Participated in an epic *kitten* competition yesterday and I am so sore from it- hope I make it to the library and back, haha. Will check in later today with the numbers from our first week.
  • SammyKlingler
    SammyKlingler Posts: 51 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Name: Sam
    Height: 5’10”
    Highest Weight: 341.2
    Start Weight (June 1, 2018): 269.2
    Goal Weight (August 31, 2018): 239.2

6/1- 6/8 focus: Hydrate! Try to get your water in every day this week. How I did: :disappointed:

June 8- 262.6
    June 15-
    June 23-
    June 30-

Weight -/+ this week: -6.6
    Weight -/+ this challenge: -6.6
    Total weight lost: 78.6

I really needed a challenge like this to keep me going towards my goal of 100 pounds gone by the end of summer!
  • kbeyer23
    Options
    Hahahaha, apparently you can't say corn / hole. Which, we call it bean bags normally anyhow. This is cracking me up
  • kbeyer23
    Options
    cw2vmt93spks.jpg

Oh my word, I am so proud of you all!
    As of right now, I have numbers from myself, @DebCountsAll @happygirlxxx @SammyKlingler @moodybear2003 @skinnyjeanzbound @thelifeilove1

Would love to hear from @arschrock and @EmergencyGraphics and ANYONE and EVERYONE else!!! It's not too late to join us- come one, come all! :smiley:

So- in case you love the numbers, here's what I have:
    Total Pounds we want to lose= 171.2 (some have only given monthly goals, so this # will increase)
    Total pounds lost this first week= 14.8!!! (That is 8% of our goal!!!)
    Mini-Goal= Only 42% of us met the hydration goal. But hey- now we're mindful and can keep working at it. Really hoping that everyone meets next week's goal of positive self talk EVERY DAY! You can do it- you are so precious- there are so many great things about the one and only YOU!

Some gained, some lost a little, some lost A LOT! (Looking at you, Sam- sa-weet baby gherkins, lady!!! WAY TO GO!) The important thing is to KEEP SHOWING UP! Keep TRYING! Don't give in, don't throw in the towel- to borrow a Disney movie catchphrase- KEEP MOVING FORWARD! (Bonus points for the first person who knows which movie that's from!)
  • Teerai
    Teerai Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    X6EUm8.png

2nXpbfw.png

200 more days to make goals :smile:
  • kbeyer23
    Options
    Name: Katrina
    Height: 5’8"
    Highest Weight: 305
    Start Weight (June 1, 2018): 260
    Goal Weight (August 31, 2018): 236

6/8- 6/15 focus: Positive Self-Talk! Say something nice to yourself EVERY day! How I did: :smile: I was able to not only compliment myself on my weight loss journey and my appearance, but more importantly on my other attributes. I did catch myself many times being negative to myself and had a way better awareness of that this week! What a terrible habit- one that needs to change pronto!

June 8- 259.5
    June 15- 258
    June 23-
    June 30-

Weight -/+ this week: -1.5
    Weight -/+ this challenge: -2
    Total weight lost (this round- since Jan '18): 42.5 lbs

I'm currently doing one of my favorite things- camping!!! Cell service is spotty, (so I'm actually hoping this uploads!) but I'm going to try my best to log in and track food every day. There's not a lot of healthy food on this trip :smiley: but I did pack veggies to munch and my food scale. With how active we are, I'm hoping it will all be fine. Lifestyle change is my ultimate goal for this journey and camping (and junk food!) has to fit in there.

Love to you all- hope everyone has a great weekend!
  • kbeyer23
    Options
    OH! I forgot next week's challenge! Does anyone have a suggestion?
  • sweeetypie1
    sweeetypie1 Posts: 122 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Hi everyone. I just found this thread and need some motivation. I'm joining the challenge a little late.

Super Summer Slimdown :smile:
    Name: Diane
    Highest Weight: 250
    Start Weight (June 15, 2018): 250
    Goal Weight (Sept 8, 2018) 239

Hydrate! Try to get your water in every day this week. How I did:

June 23-
    June 30-
    July 7 -
    July 14 -
    July 21 -
    July 28 -

Weight -/+ this week:
    Weight -/+ this challenge:
    Total weight lost:
  • happygirlxxx
    happygirlxxx Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!

Well this week has definitively been better than the previous ... I am back to the weight where I started the challenge so even though I have lost a couple weeks at least now I am in the right direction!

I always like to try new exercises, so this time is Barre and I loved it! And the best part they had a special for new joiners so got myself like 6 weeks of unlimited classes for like $100 (basically half the usual price) .... so that will be my workout for the summer. And let me tell you .... seems easy and simple, not at all!!! I think I could not pull up my panties without feeling all the muscles aches from the classes lol

Super Summer Slimdown 
    Name: Ana
    Age: 42 (but will have a birthday sometime during the challenge)
    Height: 5’3"
    Highest Weight: 229
    Start Weight (June 1, 2018): 168
    Goal Weight (August 31, 2018): 155

6/9 - 6/15 focus: Positive Self-Talk! Say something nice to yourself EVERY day! How I did: :smile: did well I think ... I was quite happy with my effort to get back on track.

June 8: 171
    June 15: 168
    June 23:
    June 30:

Weight -/+ this week: -3
    Weight -/+ this challenge: 0
    Total weight lost: -61

Suggestion for next week could be steps or times that we exercised or how many new healthy recipes we incorporated or how many days we slept at least 8 hours ...

@kbeyer23 how fun camping! Enjoy!

@sweeetypie1 welcome to the group!

Have a good weekend everyone!
  • trinati2001
    trinati2001 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I always like to try new exercises, so this time is Barre and I loved it! And the best part they had a special for new joiners so got myself like 6 weeks of unlimited classes for like $100 (basically half the usual price) .... so that will be my workout for the summer. And let me tell you .... seems easy and simple, not at all!!! I think I could not pull up my panties without feeling all the muscles aches from the classes lol

@happygirlxxx I've done a class at Barre and OMG the next day I could feel every muscle in my body. And they all hurt (not really bad but the good you just worked me and now I'm tired hurt). I would do something like sitting on the toilet and be like OMG I didn't know I used that muscle. What a good full body exercise and it was enjoyable....not torturous for the hour-long class.

AFM it's been a long time since I posted here. I've been on again and off again for the past year. We did a full house remodel and we're living in the garage for 5 months over the holidays. We got our kitchen back in the beginning of Feb. Most of the interior work was done by end of March but we are still trying to get the city to sign off on the drainage around the house. Otherwise we are done!! But I coupe with food....and I couldn't keep up tracking ontop of everything else. I did good until the project went beyond the expected end date of Thanksgiving....and then I couldn't deal anymore. So long story short I've gained back 25lbs of the 40 that I lost and I'm no longer in onederland :( I've had a real hard time getting back on the band wagon. It's like once I fall off it's hard to stay on...but if I join a new bandwagon I'm scared to fall off. So this week to help get on a new bandwagon I'm doing no white carbs Monday through Friday and normal tracking over the weekend. That way I can enjoy my sister's collage graduation and still be on this bandwagon and come Monday back to no white carbs.

I'm hoping this works. I really miss onederland and I refuse to buy bigger clothes even though I need them. So I got to loose weight so my clothes fit again!
  • moodybear2003
    moodybear2003 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Name: Heather
    Height: 5’5"
    Highest Weight: 308
    Start Weight (June 1, 2018): 294.0
    Goal Weight (August 31, 2018): 275

6/8- 6/15 focus: Positive Self-Talk! Say something nice to yourself EVERY day! How I did: :)<3

June 8- 292
    June 15- 291.6
    June 23-
    June 30-

Weight -/+ this week: -.4
    Weight -/+ this challenge: -2.4
    Total weight lost: 16.4

I had a goal this week to drop into the next decade, and I didn't meet it, but I refuse to beat myself up about it. I worked hard, I drank more water, I kept up the positive affirmations every day. I feel like i have several weeks of half pound losses, then drop 2 or 3 at once.

No one has noticed my weight loss, and I'm not surprised. I have hovered around this weight for years, then gained the extra 20 pounds, so I still look myself to everyone. I can't wait to get into the phase where people notice!

• hanalin2
    hanalin2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Would anyone like to add me as a friend for supporting each other? I don’t cut out foods just try to eat more healthy than not but ultimately I focus on calories and exercise. I’m a little over 1/4 of the way to my first goal of 100lbs. I log daily haven’t missed a day in 105 days since I started this
  • trinati2001
    trinati2001 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Getting back to the original topics that Robin started this board with....

Saturday - Success (what have you accomplished; focus on the positive of the week, NSV=non scale victories)

I tracked for the whole week! Mixing things up by going"no white carbs" really helped.. Mostly by making me think and eating different foods. I have two little kids at home (7&4) and it's easy to cop out on dinner and make corn dogs, spaghetti, chicken nuggets, enter any kid food here. Eating like that doesn't help you lose weight and I need to lose the weight from the remodel. I also need to figure out another copeing skill that doesn't involve food... But today is supposed to be about success. I made it through 5 days off tracking and sticking to my plan.

I'm posting my Sunday goal early because I need to think about it all weekend so I don't regain the weight I worked so hard on this week.

My goal is to have an enjoyable weekend without overdoing it. We have a packed weekend of dance recital, family, collage graduation, Father's day all in 2 days. So I'm going to track and eat in moderation
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! We went to Savannah last week, so I really wasn't on MFP at all. It was so much fun! A lot of walking, but also a lot of good food and fun cocktails. I didn't really go overboard with the food, but the extra calories from drinks kind of did me in. I gained back some (but not all!) of my previous week's loss. Now I'm back home and back to logging every day--this is going to be my focus for the week. I'm already behind b/c I didn't log over the weekend, so I'm shooting for perfect logging the rest of this week. :)

Name: Karen
    Highest Weight: 247
    Start Weight (June 1, 2018): 201.6
    Goal Weight (August 31, 2018): 180

6/8- 6/15 focus: Positive Self-Talk! Say something nice to yourself EVERY day! How I did: TBH, I totally forgot about this.

June 8- 197.8
    June 15-200.2
    June 23-
    June 30-

Weight -/+ this week: +2.2
    Weight -/+ this challenge: -1.4
    Total weight lost: 46.8
  • kbeyer23
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Okee doke, folks- here's the numbers I have so far for the week! Hopefully more peeps will check in and we can get that percentage raised!

12a6ve7rktvt.jpg

Of the check-ins so far this week- a majority met the weekly goal of positive self talk! Way to go and keep that up everyone! You are worth this!!!

For this week- my sincere apologies for forgetting the mini-goal! Ana had some wonderful suggestions- so for the rest of this week, let's just make it a general MOVE MORE- and everyone can interpret that for their own needs and the following week we can work on steps- sound good?

Here's who I have checked in so far: myself, @happygirlxxx @moodybear2003 @skinnyjeanzbound
  • DebCountsAll
    DebCountsAll Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Super Summer Slimdown
    Name: Deb
    Height: 5’8”
    Highest Weight: This round: 295 (January 16, 2018)
    Start Weight (June 2, 2018): 255.6
    Goal Weight (June 30, 2018): 247.6

6/1- 6/8 focus: Hydrate! Try to get your water in every day this week. How I did:: :smiley: I'm one of those people who can get water in easily. I have two 32 oz bottles I bought while in Alaska in January. I rotate them, and refill as soon as one is empty. I cannot drink cold water unless it is an attempt to cool down. It has to be room temperature. I just keep a bottle with me at all times, and if I get the feeling that I've had enough water for now, I wait an hour to drink more. If I drink four of these bottles a day, weight loss is so easy. I'm less hungry and virtually never feel any desire to snack. If I drink three, that's okay and my weight does okay too. Two? Less? My weight loss stagnates the less I drink.

Positive self talk? How I did: I wasn’t overtly negative, I just wasn’t positive. I’m logging daily but basically standing still with weight. I’ve been working on some long term personal projects and ironically, not drinking nearly enough water.

June 8- 253.4
    June 15- 253.8
    June 23-
    June 30-

Weight -/+ this week: +.4
    Weight -/+ this challenge: -1.8
    Total weight lost: 41.2
    83125515.png
  • kbeyer23
    Options
    I have been so busy lately I haven't been the best at chatting on this thread- so sorry! But welcome to all the newcomers! Please make yourself at home. :) There are suggestions on the first page of this thread of ideas of things to talk about- but there's no hard and fast rule- just keep chatting- you're among friends and I have found this group to be so understanding an supportive! And please feel free to request friends- I'm definitely open to that0 and I'm an open book.

@hanalin2 Hi! I sent you a friend request. :) I can SOOOO identify with the fear of failure! I always have seemed to get to the 35/40lb mark lost and then it all goes to pot. SO many times. And it had kept me from trying again. But, I'm just a fuzz past 40lbs gone this time and am still hanging on for dear life- literally! I'm glad you're here- keep checking in!

@thelifeilove1 Charlotte- you really look great! Such a lovely lady and you are doing a great job! Congrats on exceeding your goal of 52lbs gone!

@Teerai Love it! You are doing fab- the chart shows a nice loss this week!

@sweeetypie1 Hi Diane! Welcome to the group and the summer challenge- so glad you're joining us! I've got your stats all loaded up and ready for your next check in. :sunglasses:

@happygirlxxx Ana- great job getting back on track- and great loss this week! This time around I have been way more forgiving of myself, and remember that numbers fluctuate and so I only get concerned if I don't see a downward trend over several weeks. Hoping you see great results with Barre! Did you say you were cutting out dairy? How's that going?

@trinati2001 Hi! Building/remodels are so stressful, uggghhhh. I can identify and I have two young kids as well- (8&4). I'm glad you're back- you've done it before and you can do it again! How did your goal of moderation over your busy weekend go?

@moodybear2003 Great attitude about this week! I have found the same thing- my losses fluctuate and I'll have a week or two with tiny losses and then a whoosh week. So, we just keep plugging away! About people noticing- I have lost over 40lbs and only ONE of my close friends has said anything! I think it's probably a combination of being bigger in the first place- making larger losses less noticeable, and that people might be afraid to say something, especially since I have lost and gained and lost and gained several times in the past.

@skinnyjeanzbound Sounds like a great time, Karen! I love Savannah- the rich history- the beauty of it all- yes, please! Life is meant to be lived and you did so. You're reining it back in and all will be back on track in a week or so.

I had a fun time camping with my family for a long weekend. I did track as best I could the first day, and was very active, but I let a lot slide and the scale showed it upon our return. My goal is to be strict with myself this next 9 days before we leave for our big family vacation- 9 days camping in a national park in Tennessee! I really wanted to be to a certain weight by this trip, which I know isn't going to happen at this point, but I'm not going to let that get to me- I'm just going to keep forging ahead. Camping is tricky for eating super healthy food like I'm accustomed to for the most part. It's not impossible, though, I think my main goal is just going to be maintenance for this big trip. Speaking of that, if anyone has healthy camping food ideas that a whole family would love, I'm all for you sharing them!
  • natshaw19
    natshaw19 Posts: 31 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Hi everyone. Hope it's okay to join in, although happy just to post as having an under active thyroid I don't tend to see great loses no matter how good I am, but need some motivation, support and general accountability for the start of my very very long journey.

Super Summer Slimdown
    Name: Natalie
    Height: 5’8"
    Highest Weight: 304.8
    Start Weight (June 15, 2018): 304.8
    Goal Weight (Sept 16, 2018) 280

This weeks mini challenge - no chocolate and 2 litres of water everyday :smile:

June 23-
    June 30-
    July 7 -
    July 14 -
    July 21 -
    July 28 -

Weight -/+ this week:
    Weight -/+ this challenge:
    Total weight lost: