Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• DebCountsAll
    DebCountsAll Posts: 471 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    kbeyer23 wrote: »
    I have been so busy lately I haven't been the best at chatting on this thread- so sorry! But welcome to all the newcomers! Please make yourself at home. :) There are suggestions on the first page of this thread of ideas of things to talk about- but there's no hard and fast rule- just keep chatting- you're among friends and I have found this group to be so understanding an supportive! And please feel free to request friends- I'm definitely open to that and I'm an open book.

@hanalin2 Hi! I sent you a friend request. :) I can SOOOO identify with the fear of failure! I always have seemed to get to the 35/40lb mark lost and then it all goes to pot. SO many times. And it had kept me from trying again. But, I'm just a fuzz past 40lbs gone this time and am still hanging on for dear life- literally! I'm glad you're here- keep checking in!

Speaking of that, if anyone has healthy camping food ideas that a whole family would love, I'm all for you sharing them!

Ugh. Right now I show 41 pounds gone, and I've been struggling A LOT. I'm not gaining, so that's a good thing. I think I've been in this range for a month. There is something different for me this time, though. I'm not looking to lose weight and then get off the diet. I'm making changes that are sustainable, I'm still logging everything even when I'm over on MFP calories, and I'm being present and mindful when I'm eating. I know I will be logging my calories for the rest of my life. In times past, thinking that I'd always have to log calories felt like a prison sentence. Now it just feels like a fact of my life and I'm fine with it.

Non-scale victories? I am already moving so much better. I've had issues with my ankles, particularly on days when I've logged five miles walking. At my weight last year, if I walked five miles, that evening would be three ibuprofen and two glasses of wine. I no longer need that kind of pain relief. My ankles still get stiff but they are not painful.

As for camping food, this past weekend we had a birthday celebration for my daughters and we made fajitas. I marinated both the chicken breast and skirt steak, then we grilled that and sliced it and served it with both corn and flour tortillas, salsa, guacamole, sour cream, and I had cooked sliced bell pepper and onion. I skipped the tortillas and sour cream, had a little guac, and was completely satisfied. I think it would be awesome camp food. I camped a lot as a kid (Alaska) but my dear mother never ate anything that wasn't beige or brown :wink: If you wanted, you could pre-cook the peppers and onion and just heat them at the campsite.
  • _Shelly_Belly_
    _Shelly_Belly_ Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I wanted to join because I have been struggling the last few months on my own. I started losing weight on May 14, 2017. The last few months I have been going up and down in a ten to fifteen pound range. I was hoping by joining it will help motivate me to stay on track, hold me accountable when I slip, and give me support if I do stumble. In the past, I have lost weight, hit a wall, and gained it all back plus more. I have done this multiple times, and I am trying extremely hard NOT to do it again.

Super Summer Slimdown :sunglasses:
    Name: Michelle
    Height: 5’2"
    Highest Weight: 328.6
    Start Weight (June 16, 2018): 230.2
    Goal Weight (August 31, 2018): 214

6/16- 6/23 focus: MOVE MORE! How I did: :smiley: or :neutral: or :disappointed:

June 23-
    June 30-

Weight -/+ this week:
    Weight -/+ this challenge:
    Total weight lost: 98.4
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @michelle-- welcome to the thread! Wow, congrats on your weight loss thus far--very impressive!!

@deb-- that's wonderful that your ankles don't bother you as much. I've had some shoulder issues over the past few years. Tore my right labrium which was a long recovery process--still not 100% with range of motion or strength--but no longer in pain for the past year or so. However, recently my left deltoid has been giving me some twinges of pain. I'm not sure if I pulled it or what, but I'm working on doing some light weights and stretches in hopes it will heal.

@natalie-- welcome to the thread as well! We are always happy to have new members join us on this journey.

@katrina-- Yes, I know from experience that if I restrict myself too much, I just give up even trying. Plus, I'm kind of a rebel and don't like a lot of "rules." LOL. I haven't been camping in ages, but my husband and I used to go all the time with friends. One thing we always did was freeze boneless, skinless chicken break in a marinade--usually just a light vinaigrette dressing. It always came out so tender and delicious when we cooked it over the campfire--and very healthy.

Name: Karen
    Height: 5’7"
    Highest Weight: 247
    Start Weight (June 1, 2018): 201.6
    Goal Weight (August 31, 2018): 180

6/16- 6/23 challenge focus
    Move More--how I did:

6/18- 6/23 personal focus
    Log everyday--how I did: 3/5

June 8- 197.8
    June 15-200.2
    June 23-
    June 30-

Weight -/+ this week: +2.2
    Weight -/+ this challenge: -1.4
    Total weight lost: 46.8
  • MommaBear712
    MommaBear712 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi - my name is Jen and I'm desperate, so giving MFP a try. I'm at my highest weight. I lost weight successfully with WW a few years ago, but gained it all back, plus 25 more. I really need to do this, and I know what really helped back then on WW were the discussion boards, but then they got rid of them. I'd like to join in this challenge - I'm just trying to figure it all out. Do you all weigh in on the same day?
  • DebCountsAll
    DebCountsAll Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Hi - my name is Jen and I'm desperate, so giving MFP a try. I'm at my highest weight. I lost weight successfully with WW a few years ago, but gained it all back, plus 25 more. I really need to do this, and I know what really helped back then on WW were the discussion boards, but then they got rid of them. I'd like to join in this challenge - I'm just trying to figure it all out. Do you all weigh in on the same day?

This challenge started on the 1st of June but everyone reports on whatever schedule they were already weighing. I weigh daily for another thread on MFP and I record here on Fridays. I think a few of us prefer Friday since the weekends are more difficult due to social engagements, and that gives a full work week to recover. Personally I just kept with Friday because that's how this challenge started.
  • _Shelly_Belly_
    Options
    I weigh daily for another thread on MFP and I record here on Fridays.

What is it like weighing daily? I have thought about doing it but haven't because I thought it might drive me crazy.

@skinnyjeanzbound Thank you! My total weight lost was 113. Then, the struggle started. My wake up call happened when my total went below 100, and now I am determined to get back on track.
  • MommaBear712
    Options
    I have another question - for "Goal Weight" - is that just for the end of this challenge, or in total? If for the challenge, when does it go until?
    Thanks!
    Jen
  • moodybear2003
    moodybear2003 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Name: Heather
    Height: 5’5"
    Highest Weight: 308
    Start Weight (June 1, 2018): 294.0
    Goal Weight (August 31, 2018): 275

6/8- 6/15 focus: move more. How I did: :/

June 8- 292
    June 15- 291.6
    June 23- 290.8
    June 30-

Weight -/+ this week: -.8
    Weight -/+ this challenge: -3.2
    Total weight lost: 17.2

I did have a hard time moving more this week, we had some high temp and high humidity days that made it hard to breathe, even in the air conditioning at the gym.

My Chiropractor commented on my weight loss today, he said he could feel how different the muscles in my back were. My massage therapist noticed as well. My pants were falling down all day, I guess I have to buy a belt?
  • jogetsgains
    jogetsgains Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Hello. I just downloaded the app today and found this thread. I have lost 75lbs since january but i still want to lose 125 more. I just turned 40. I am low carb and love lifting. I'm not sure how to use the community functions, but I thought this would be a good start.
  • StudioMaid
    StudioMaid Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    How do you join this group?
  • jogetsgains
    Options
    rpmkarting wrote: »
    Anyone here having success with Keto? I am nearly 2 months in and it seems to be working out well. I still have about 80 lbs to lose. But it seems to have turned consistent for me at 2lbs per week.

I have lost 75lbs since January. My goal is less than 50g of carbs per day wich is the high end of the keto spectrum. I just call myself low carb so as to not spark debate 😁
  • jogetsgains
    Options
    I am new to the thread. I try to only get on the scale once a month or I get obsessive about it, but I will try this for a while and see how it goes.

Name: jo
    Height: 5’8"
    Highest Weight: 340(ever?)
    Start Weight (June 1, 2018): 280
    Goal Weight (August 31, 2018): 265

6/1- 6/8 focus: Hydrate! Try to get your water in every day this week 😀

June 8-
    June 15-
    June 23-
    June 30-

Weight -/+ this week:
    Weight -/+ this challenge:
    Total weight lost: [/quote]

• trinati2001
    trinati2001 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Thursday truth- I sabotage myself....for no real reason. The past two weeks I've been doing no white carbs and have had to spit out white rice that somehow made it into my mouth. Really?!? Just because I got it on my finger dishing up the family doesn't mean that I need to eat it

Tonight I had a food victory. I prefer tracked all of my dinner....then didn't put it all on my plate....and I didn't even eat everything on plate! It was nice to remove food that I had pre tracked
  • trinati2001
    Options
    @kbeyer23 I had a whole post written two nights ago and then clicked done instead of post reply. I really hate it when that happens.

My weekend of moderation went moderately well ;-) not as good as I would have hopes and I didn't track it....but it was a couple of really bad meals and more reasonable meals in between.

I wore on Tuesday goal day - which was to do a yoga workout before I got in the shower one morning this week. I did that today!!

• kbeyer23
    kbeyer23 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!! I don't have much time this morning, but I did want to say to all the newcomers- we're glad you're here! There's nothing special required to "join." We're just a group of people with common goals to lose a bunch of weight and we "meet" here in this thread for support. Every so often we start up a challenge, just for some accountability and a place to celebrate success and commiserate and encourage during fails. It's not at all a requirement but if you want, it's not too late to "join" our summer challenge- it never will be- just copy someone's stat list and input your own info and away you go! Just keep coming back and chatting. Tell everyone how you're doing and try to engage with others.

Name: Katrina
    Height: 5’8"
    Highest Weight: 305
    Start Weight (June 1, 2018): 260
    Goal Weight (August 31, 2018): 236

6/15- 6/22 focus: Move More! How I did: :neutral: Was pretty active while camping over the weekend, but didn't exercise every day during the week as was my goal. Going to try and work on that this week again.

6/22- 6/29 focus: Step goal! Make a daily step goal (or if no step counter, another fitness goal.) How I did- :smiley: or :neutral: or :frowning:

June 8- 259.5
    June 15- 258
    June 22- 258
    June 29-

Weight -/+ this week: 0.0
    Weight -/+ this challenge: -2
    Total weight lost (this round- since Jan '18): 42.5 lbs

Well, I was really hoping for a loss, but at least I didn't gain! I'm also still really trying hard to increase my water intake.
  • moodybear2003
    moodybear2003 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Friday - Fitness (what are you doing to get fit? How are you preparing for weekend eating?

I have been pretty good getting in 3 to 4 workouts a week. This week I just felt weak and shaky, I think it was because the air quality was so bad, so I took it easier on cardio. I need to get one more day in, so I may go tomorrow morning. We are hopefully going in the afternoon tomorrow to adopt a 2nd kitty, so I don't want to go once we get back to make sure kitty is adjusting well, and our home kitty is not freaking out too badly.
  • MommaBear712
    Options
    Hi - I'm new, so this is my first post for the challenge.

Super Summer Slimdown
    Name: Jen
    Height: 5’7"
    Highest Weight: 296
    Start Weight (June20, 2018): 296
    Goal Weight (August 31, 2018): 270

6/22- 6/29 focus: Step goal! Make a daily step goal. I lead a very sedentary life, so I'm going to make a pretty modest goal of 5000 steps per day. How I did:

June 20 - 296
    June 22 - 293.5
    June 29 -
    July 6 -
    July 13 -
    July 20 -
    July 27 -

Weight -/+ this week: -2.5
    Weight -/+ this challenge: -2.5
    Total weight lost: 2.5 lbs
  • trinati2001
    Options
    Friday fitness - I've been going on walks with a co-worker...for me it's more about hanging out than the exercise. Today my husband took the kids to daycare so instead of going to work early I went for a walk! This has been
  • rosileem
    rosileem Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Friday- fitness: I got in a good 30 min cardio session. I’m confused there’s no calorie doc for weight work- I truly enjoy doing my free weights. It’s my favourite exercise activity. If I could do it every day I would but I’m trying to be mindful that I might burn out my body that way and I’d rather paw myself and give myself time to rebuild muscle and rest. Sometimes I feel I don’t get a “proper” workout in if I don’t do weights and I’m working on changing that mentality. Although I do love it, I’d like to remember to rest my body between days
  • _Shelly_Belly_
    Options
    Name: Michelle
    Height: 5’2"
    Highest Weight: 328.6
    Start Weight (June 16, 2018): 230.2
    Goal Weight (August 31, 2018): 214

6/16- 6/23 focus: MOVE MORE! How I did: :smiley: I exercised all this week. I try to exercise at least 30 minutes daily. I even exercised over 30 minutes for a few days.

June 23- 226.4

Weight -/+ this week: -3.8
    Weight -/+ this challenge: -3.8
    Total weight lost: 102.2