Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @happygirlxxx-- what a cute pup!

@moodybear-- I am doing high planks (i.e. straight arms). When I was in my very best shape a few years back, I graduated to standard planks, but since my shoulder injury I haven't been able to do those. Maybe this week's challenge will get me started on a roll and I'll build up to that level again.

Sunday Share:
    I've been fluctuating within this 5 lb range for what seems like forever. I really just want to get past the 195 mark, and then I will feel like I'm making real progress. Yesterday morning was back up to 198.2, but I'm determined to weigh in below last Friday's weight by the end of this week. Luckily, my summer Amazing Race challenge just started yesterday, so I have extra motivation to work out.

Super Summer Slimdown :sunglasses:
    Name: Karen
    Height: 5’7"
    Highest Weight: 247
    Start Weight (June 1, 2018): 201.6
    Goal Weight (August 31, 2018): 180

6/30- 7/6 challenge focus
    Increase plank time--how I did:
    6/30= 40 seconds; 7/1= 48 seconds; 7/2= X seconds; 7/3= X seconds; 7/4= X seconds; 7/5= X seconds; 7/6= X seconds

June 8- 197.8
    June 15-200.2
    June 22- 198.2
    June 29- 196.4
    July 6-
    July 13-
    July 20-
    July 27-

Weight -/+ this week: -1.8
    Weight -/+ this challenge: -5.2
    Total weight lost: 50.6
  • deputyderp
    deputyderp Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    @skinnyjeanzbound-- you mentioned eating 1200 calories/day. I don't know if you're familiar with Reddit, but there's a subreddit specifically for that amount. You might find some recipes or inspiration there for low-calorie meals! www.reddit.com/r/1200isplenty

I was out of state this weekend for a baby shower and birthday party. I tried a new activity, rollerskating, and found out I'm terrible at it! My body is certainly not thanking me for that adventure. I overate quite a bit on Sunday and went up to 303.5 lbs from 300.3 on Friday, but I'm not too worried. I'm back on track today and excited to be under 300 lbs this week! I'm ready for whatever comes.
  • jogetsgains
    jogetsgains Posts: 341 Member
    Options

Name: jo
    Height: 5’8"
    Highest Weight: 340
    Start Weight (June 1, 2018):
    Goal Weight (August 31, 2018):

7/2 - 42.5 seconds high plank, unmodified

June 29- 275
    July 6-
    July 13-
    July 20-
    July 27-

Weight -/+ this week:
    Weight -/+ this challenge: -5

• thelifeilove1
    thelifeilove1 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Sorry I've gone missing. I'm having some kind of weirdness with my computer. It'll let me sign on, but when I try to navigate to different places in MyFitnessPal it knocks me out. Needless to say it slows down getting the real work done here, logging food and exercise, and means less time for coming here. I am on course with the exception of exercise, as I'm still suffering with my achilles tendon problems. PT was no help, in fact seemed to irritate it. Even though I'm staying on course, weight is coming off veerrry slowly at moment. Don't know if it's the lack of burn, or if that's coincidental. Whatever, it'll drop when it drops. Onward.

Super Summer Slimdown B)
    Name: Charlotte
    Height: 5’2"
    Highest Weight: 245
    Start Weight (June 1, 2018): 194.6
    Goal Weight (August 1, 2018): 185

6/1- 6/8 focus: Hydrate! Try to get your water in every day this week. How I did: :I'm pretty consistent with 7-10 cups.

June 11: 191.9
    June 17:
    June 24:
    July 1: 191.4

Weight -/+ this week: =.5
    Weight -/+ this challenge: -3.2
    Total weight lost: -54

I've adjusted the dates since I weigh on Sundays, generally.
  • moodybear2003
    moodybear2003 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I missed my plank yesterday, it was too hectic, getting ready to do it now. I must be in the middle of a whoosh because I've lost 2.2 in 3 days! I have reached 20 pounds lost! I'm rewarding myself with a funny workout tank, it says "I lift so I can carry more books" I'm a nerd, and I work at a library, so It's very appropriate.

I started an app that takes me from Couch to 1 mile, I did day 1 yesterday, and it feels good!
  • rosileem
    rosileem Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Wednesday wish: we can afford an air conditioner! And remember to drink MORE water! I’m already around the 70oz mark but it’s so ridiculously hot and unfortunately without AC in our apartment it’s sometimes hotter inside (it’s a double edged sword on whether to stay in or go out X_X) cooking is a pain because using the stove and oven isn’t ideal when it’s already sweltering. I guess bonus- I’m sweating more during my workouts???
    But I wish to remember to keep hydrated and that my pay check is enough next week for us to afford the AC my partner has his eye on!
  • jogetsgains
    Options
    I'm rewarding myself with a funny workout tank, it says "I lift so I can carry more books" I'm a nerd, and I work at a library, so It's very appropriate.

What a cute shirt 😊
  • jogetsgains
    Options
    rosileem wrote: »
    Wednesday wish: we can afford an air conditioner! And remember to drink MORE water! I’m already around the 70oz mark but it’s so ridiculously hot and unfortunately without AC in our apartment it’s sometimes hotter inside (it’s a double edged sword on whether to stay in or go out X_X) cooking is a pain because using the stove and oven isn’t ideal when it’s already sweltering. I guess bonus- I’m sweating more during my workouts???
    But I wish to remember to keep hydrated and that my pay check is enough next week for us to afford the AC my partner has his eye on!

You can have my wednesday wish -- I hope you get ac soon, too.
    We went a couple summers without ac when we were younger. We would spend the hottest hours of the day mall walking. Ok, thats a lie. We were walmart walking 😂🤣 can't pretend we were so fancy😂😂 .
    You will reach your ac goal, I can feel it 🤗
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @jo-- thanks for the link! I'm not much of a cook--I've tried to like it, but my husband does about 80% of cooking dinner, and I tend to stick with easy staples for breakfast and lunch. However, I will definitely take a look at the subreddit to see if there's anything easy for me to try out.

@moodybear2003 -- That shirt sounds awesome! I am also a nerd and teach English lit. :) Congrats on hitting the 20 lb mark!! I used Couch to 5k years ago and it was great.

@charlotte-- hope you get your computer issues worked out. I had tendinitis in my achilles when I was much younger and had to be in a cast for 6 weeks (this was prior to technological wonders like walking boots for injuries). Since then I learned that the type of shoes I wear make all the difference. If I don't have good arch support or wear my custom orthotics, my achilles starts to ache.

Wednesday Wish:
    I also bequeath my wish to rosileem. I can't imagine living without A/C. <knocks on wood b/c our A/C unit is really old and we were just saying we hope it lasts the season>

I learned an important lesson yesterday when I did a bunch of core work BEFORE doing my plank. I made sure I did it FIRST today. Fresh muscles make a huge difference as noted in my times below. I will be so happy if I can make it past a minute by the end of the week. Also, my weight has been at 195.8 for 3 days in a row. I'm not usually scale-motivated, but I must say my desire to move below 195 is pushing me to stay on track. :)

Name: Karen
    Height: 5’7"
    Highest Weight: 247
    Start Weight (June 1, 2018): 201.6
    Goal Weight (August 31, 2018): 180

6/30= 40 seconds; 7/1= 48 seconds; 7/2= 50 seconds; 7/3= 42 seconds; 7/4= 55 seconds; 7/5= X seconds; 7/6= X seconds

June 8- 197.8
    June 15-200.2
    June 22- 198.2
    June 29- 196.4
    July 6-
    July 13-
    July 20-
    July 27-

Weight -/+ this week: -1.8
    Weight -/+ this challenge: -5.2
    Total weight lost: 50.6
  • jogetsgains
    Options

7/2= 42.5
    7/5= 58.1 seconds
    I had a huge time gain but i think its because I tested pre-workout this time and mid workout last time? Nahhhhh, lets just say i am improving 😇🤫
  • jogetsgains
    Options
    @skinnyjeanzbound congrats on improving your plank 😊
  • Klmom123
    Klmom123 Posts: 91 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Oops wrong thread, so yes I’m completely off today
  • JayRaeUK
    JayRaeUK Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    @JaeRaeUK do you have some free weights? Or anything heavy that you can hold? You can use this time to get some sweet cuts on your arms 😁
    Yoga belly breathing works for me when my back or knees are out. Lay on your back, breathe in as much as you possibly can and hold a sec, breathe out as much as you possibly can and hold a sec, repeat. Its good for your abs and gets your interstitial fluid moving (so they say).

that's all very good advice! I have been doing what I can;) just want to get back to the pool!! thanks for the advice!
  • moodybear2003
    moodybear2003 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Name: Heather
    Height: 5’5"
    Highest Weight: 308
    Start Weight (June 1, 2018): 294.0
    Goal Weight (August 31, 2018): 275

7/1-20 sec. 7/3 - 30 sec. 7/5 60 sec.

I was surprised I went a whole minute yesterday. I don't really know if I was doing it "right," but I did it the same way all 3 days.

June 8- 292
    June 15- 291.6
    June 23- 290.8
    June 30- 290.2
    July 6 - 289.0

Weight -/+ this week: -1.2
    Weight -/+ this challenge: -5
    Total weight lost: 19

So I bobbled back up from my lower weight on Monday of 287.8. I'm keeping it honest and going with this morning's weight. I did day 1 of the couch to 1 mile app I downloaded a 2nd time because I couldn't figure out how to get to day 2. Turns out, I have to purchase the remaining days! But NOWHERE on the app does it say that or give an option. I had read a complaint on their playstore page and found that out. So I'm going to switch to C25k by zenlabs and just repeat the first few weeks until I feel ready to move on. I don't feel like my knees would let me do more than 1 mile just yet. I want to do a 5k this fall, maybe I'll surprise myself, or I'll just walk a portion of it.

I didn't log Wednesday, and I won't be logging the party I'm going to Saturday. BUT I will be hitting the gym in the morning before we go. I know I won't offset whatever I'll eat and drink, but I'm ok with that. It's a rare holiday thing, and I don't plan on stuffing my face all day.
  • SammyKlingler
    SammyKlingler Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Name: Sam
    Height: 5’10”
    Highest Weight: 341.2
    Start Weight (June 1, 2018): 269.2
    Goal Weight (August 31, 2018): 239.2

June 8- 262.6
    June 15- 258.0
    June 23- 258.0
    June 30- 258.0
    July 7- 254.4

Weight -/+ this week: -3.6
    Weight -/+ this challenge: -14.8
    Total weight lost: 86.8

I really needed a challenge like this to keep me going towards my goal of 100 pounds gone by the end of summer! I’m so close to 90 pounds I can taste it! (Also I’m sorry I’ve given up on trying to keep up with the weekly challenges because I’m so busy at work I barely have time to log my food and weight and remember to post on here on a weekly basis. Maybe I’ll do better on the next challenge!)
  • jogetsgains
    Options
    JayRaeUK wrote: »

that's all very good advice! I have been doing what I can;) just want to get back to the pool!! thanks for the advice!

The pool is even better! Way to stay on target 🤗
  • jogetsgains
    Options

7/2= 42.5
    7/5= 58.1 seconds
    7/6=65.2 😍😍

I am so stoked about the plank time today. Just a couple years ago I couldn't haul my decrepit body up into a plank at all. I never would have thought that I could hold the pose for over a minute. 🤩🤩
  • _Shelly_Belly_
    _Shelly_Belly_ Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Name: Michelle
    Height: 5’2"
    Highest Weight: 328.6
    Start Weight (June 16, 2018): 230.2
    Goal Weight (August 31, 2018): 214

June 23 – 226.4
    June 30 – 227.4
    July 6 – 224.0

Weight -/+ this week: -3.4
    Weight -/+ this challenge: -6.2
    Total weight lost: -104.6
  • rosileem
    rosileem Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Saturday success: been logging every day since I started (3 weeks!) and I think part of that success is recognizing I won’t see drastic/ healthy changes for months. It’s giving myself time and gently reminding myself lasting effective changes aren’t sudden or overnight; that’s part of all this success of logging and eating wiser portions.
  • deputyderp
    deputyderp Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Name: Dallas
    Height: 6'0"
    Highest Weight: 353 (Feb 2017)
    Start Weight (June 1, 2018): 313.3
    Goal Weight (August 31, 2018): 287

Increase plank time--how I did: :|
    I did not do any planks, and I had a rough week food-wise. Back on track now, though!

June 8- 312.8
    June 15- 306.6
    June 22-305.9
    June 29-300.3
    July 07-301.7

Weight -/+ this week: +1.4
    Weight -/+ this challenge: -11.6
    Total weight lost: 51.3