Myfitnesspal

Message Boards Motivation and Support
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

1155015511552155315541556»

Replies

• skinnyjeanzboundskinnyjeanzbound Member Posts: 3,944 Member Member Posts: 3,944 Member

@JNettie73 -- congrats on your results at the Dr's office and all of your progress so far! I had an opposite experience with a fairly high cholesterol reading at my appt. last week My levels are hereditary and have very little relationship to the amount of cholesterol in the foods I eat. I even tried medication to lower it when I was in my 30s which had very little impact. The only thing that has a major impact on those numbers is decreasing my carb intake, so I will focus on doing that prior to my next appt.

AFM-- I'm enjoying not being in school. Last week was a lot of just being lazy and catching up on sleep. This week, I've gone on 2 longer walks--Tuesday with a friend and yesterday on my own. Tuesday, my friend and I also checked out my neighborhood pool in the afternoon which was fun. Today another friend is coming over to go to the pool. but I need to get some housework done beforehand because my aunt is in town, so my whole family is coming over on Sunday, and we are all going out to dinner tonight.

Despite all of the eating out and drinks with friends, my weight is still creeping down because I've been staying under my calorie allowance overall.

Karen
    51 years old
    5'7"
    SW = 247 (March 2011)
    Weight on 1/1/2021 = 207.4
    GW: 185 (my previous low)

5/7/21 = 198.4
    5/14/21 = 197.4
    5/21/21 = 197.4
    5/28/21 = 197
    6/4/21 = 196.7
    6/11/21 = 196.4
  • lmf1012lmf1012 Member Posts: 233 Member Member Posts: 233 Member
    @JNettie73 you are making great progress and all of those NSVs are fantastic! 29lbs since March is so awesome! I also take monthly pictures and did not notice much change from April to May like I did from March to April, my first full month. I started taking measurements but silly me deleted the app I was tracking them in so lost what they were.

@skinnyjeanzbound I also had high cholesterol at one of my recent appointments and was put on medication. My next appointment is in August and I am hoping they drop enough that maybe I can stop the meds but honestly, I am not sure how much impact my diet and exercise will have. The scale is definitely moving in the right direction for you, and your goal is not so far away!

I started lifting weights this month, trying to maintain as much lean muscle as possible as I lose weight, plus it is the only exercise I halfway like. I don't mind walking but man do I hate any type of cardio like the treadmill, elliptical, stairmaster, or bike.

My goal for June is to be able to lift more weight by the end of June as I did in the beginning. I would also like to drop 5 lbs.

Joni
    Age 48
    5' 4"
    SW = 166 (March 30, 2021)
    June SW = 147.8
    June GW = 142.8

6/7= 148.2
    6/14 =
    6/21 =
    6/28 =

• skinnyjeanzboundskinnyjeanzbound Member Posts: 3,944 Member Member Posts: 3,944 Member
    @lmf1012 -- Thanks, I'm happy the number is going down, even if it's just a little bit at a time. Lifting is, by far, my favorite form of exercise. Unfortunately, after rehabbing two frozen shoulders, my range of motion and strength is not as good as it used to be. As a result, I can't get into proper form to do squats. My right shoulder also has a tendency to sort of slip a bit in the socket, so I cant lift anything heavy with that arm and cannot do my favorite lifts like deadlifts, overhead press, or bench press. I can use very light dumbbells, but that's not as fun for me. On the plus side, I really like to run and do other forms of cardio.

AFM-- Yesterday at the pool was fun, and today I finished shopping and cleaning for my quests tomorrow. We are just having lunch, so I bought a bunch of deli stuff to put out. Dinner last night was at a Greek Restaurant, and I ordered a very delicious and healthy grilled octopus with quinoa. I saved half of it for lunch today. For dessert, we ordered two choices for the whole table to share, so I just had a small bite of each.

Today was sooooo hot outside, but now it's raining and temps have cooled off a bit. Tomorrow is supposed to much nicer with lower humidity.

I don't remember if I've mentioned this, but my friend's brother bought a condo in Naples, FL, and she is spending most of the summer there. She invited me to come down to visit, so I booked my flights last week. I leave on July 9th which gives me just under 4 weeks until the trip, so I'm making a short-term goal to get down to 192 by the time I leave.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend.

Karen
    51 years old
    5'7"
    SW = 247 (March 2011)
    Weight on 1/1/2021 = 207.4
    GW: 185 (my previous low)

5/7/21 = 198.4
    5/14/21 = 197.4
    5/21/21 = 197.4
    5/28/21 = 197
    6/4/21 = 196.7
    6/11/21 = 196.4
    6/18/21 =
  • JNettie73JNettie73 Member Posts: 996 Member Member Posts: 996 Member
    Starting weight: 270 March 2021

June Start Weight: 241
    June Goal Weight: somewhere between 230 - 235
    Ultimate Goal Weight: TBD

I weigh in on Sundays.

June 6: 239.4
    June 13: 236.8
    June 20:
    June 27:

It has been a good week for me. I have been experimenting with some new recipes and so far I have loved everything I have made. I increased the resistance on my bike. I feel it in my thighs but it is a good feeling. I also increased my weights from 3 to 5 lbs and have been doing my upperbody routine more regulary. I added in abdominal exercises however I have no core strength. This was very challenging for me. I did the best I could. I know in time I will get there.

This morning my daughter spotted a pair of mourning doves on my back patio. When I looked out at them I spotted an eastern box turtle walking in one of my gardens. Of course I ran out there and took some pictures. We are surrounded by woods and always have critters passing through my yard. A few weeks ago I spotted a ground hog scampering across my patio.

@skinnyjeanzbound Sorry to hear your doctor appointment was not as good as mine. I hope you have better results at your next one. I am happy to hear you are enjoying your time off from school. We end much later than you do, June 24th. I will be teaching in the summer program for July - August. This will be the first time in a year that I have stepped into my classroom, I've been working remotely. I have mixed feelings about it.
    My aunt and uncle live in Naples. I've never been but it looks beautiful from the pictures I've seen. I hope you have a great time! I have faith that you will reach your short term goal.

@lmf1012 Thank you! I really am proud of all the progress I have made. The other night I was looking in the mirror at my profile and I noticed I can see my knees again. I had little fat puffs for knees. They are still there at the top of my knee but I can see my knee bone. My husband laughed at me when I showed off my knees. HAHAHA I track my measurements on MFP. I set up a category for each one that I take. I used to have a seperate spreadsheet and track there but I discovered in one of my previous rounds on here it was just easier to have everything all in one spot. I am opposite of you, I love cardio. However I also like weight lifting. Though, I am only using 5 lb weights and not anything super heavy as of yet. I figure I will do a month of 5 lb then see how I feel and assess if I am going to increase to 8 lbs or stay for a bit longer where I am.