Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Good Morning.

Monday Check-in~Except for the gym for training yesterday afternoon I didn’t move a whole lot, thanks to the after effects of my overindulgence of cosmo’s Saturday night. Went to bed early though and feel like I slept better last night.

Last week’s fitness:

Fitbit walking log 1st week in December:

Steps: 83,764
    Miles: 39.2

Monday~Active rest day
    Tuesday~Run DONE!
    Wednesday~Cross Trainer DONE!
    Thursday~Training Session DONE!
    Friday~Shopping
    Saturday~Long Run Outside DONE!
    Sunday~Training Session DONE!

Fitness this week:

Monday~Elliptical
    Tuesday~Active rest day/Shopping
    Wednesday~Treadmill Run
    Thursday~Training Session
    Friday~Not sure yet, maybe my long run
    Saturday~Elliptical or long run
    Sunday~Training Session

@Karen~I normally drink Jim Beam and tonic with lime, I should have stuck to that. I love cosmo’s and a friend was drinking them so I switched, probably should have stuck to my usual. While I did dance quit a bit, I'm sure I’ll be making up for those extra calories all week. Excellent job at the gym yesterday! One of these days I hope to have a sweet doggie to walk, I don't think Pebbles will be too keen on that! :bigsmile:

@Toots~Welcome back!

@Alison~Excellent job with your 5K, I know it’s not the time you wanted to complete it in but each time you run it you’ll improve your time. I did a 3.5 mile run/walk on Saturday, it took 50 minutes – so maybe I CAN do a 5k in 45. I hope to get in 2-3 more long runs before the race on New Year’s Day. Congrats on the loss this week, WTG!
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,147 Member
    Options
    Good day - I wish this time of year went more smoothly for all of us. So many worries and cares, family relationship issues (the holidays seem to make this worse!), and then the food, more food, and more food. Wishing everyone the best possible outcome through this somewhat treacherous season.

I have an issue totally unrelated to weight loss----I'm facing a huge increase in health insurance premiums and need to figure out how to pay for this while paying my monthly bills. Would you please either post or PM me any excel spending tracking template or other app/method you've used to wring every penny from your budget? I knew this was coming but hate to think of this as *'tis the season for giving more things up*---denial, ain't it grand!!

Wishing everyone well. Thanks.

Lin

1482351y1dphi597b.gif
  • trhjrh06
    trhjrh06 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Monday Check In::: Reality check to myself this morning when I weighed myself. Wtf have I been thinking not logging food and tracking. Ridiculous. But it's a wake up call and even though I'm still having a hard time with it I am going to do this. I don't know what happened. There is no excuse for this...whatsoever. I have just not cared. And it's all on me.
    I will say though the holiday season SUCKS as far as food and sweets and such goes. But this time of year is my favorite because it's when I really want to start making cookies and sweets. Not just for me but to share, but I still can't help but eat some of them. I got through it last year though and I am going to get through it this year.

Ok usually I eat the same breakfast and the same lunch everyday, could this be a bad thing or is it ok? Like could my body get used to eating the same thing and not reacting to it....I don't know just trying to find out where I originally went wrong when I stopped losing even though I was tracking and exercising and everything.

Just so disappointed with myself.

On a good note, I got to go see my niece this weekend. It was a great visit. She gets to come home today! She is SO excited and so is my sister. Now hopefully she continues to keep getting better and better. I know she will, she will be seeing someone to help her as well as my sister and both my nieces will be going to a family counselor as well. So that's awesome.

Here's to a new week and getting back at it!!!!

Tina
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    I have an issue totally unrelated to weight loss----I'm facing a huge increase in health insurance premiums and need to figure out how to pay for this while paying my monthly bills. Would you please either post or PM me any excel spending tracking template or other app/method you've used to wring every penny from your budget? I knew this was coming but hate to think of this as *'tis the season for giving more things up*---denial, ain't it grand!!

@Lin~I use both Excel and Money for tracking my expenses. I live on a budget and account for every dime, these work really well for me. I can send you an example of my spreadsheet tonight...

@Tina~I tend to eat the same kind of foods every day. I don't think its a bad thing as long as you don't get bored with it - your body doesn't get used to eating the same thing, in fact most people do better by eating the same thing every day. I generally have salad every day for lunch (except this week its veggie soup), but I put different things in them to create some different tastes. Don't be too disappointed in yourself, we all get derailed from time to time. Just make today a new day. Great news about your niece, I think its great too that everyone is going to a family counselor.
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Monday Check In::: Reality check to myself this morning when I weighed myself. Wtf have I been thinking not logging food and tracking. Ridiculous. But it's a wake up call and even though I'm still having a hard time with it I am going to do this. I don't know what happened.

i think we all have those moments where for some reason we think we've got this thing and we don't need to track, like somehow it will just start coming off simply because we exist. the scale is always such a nasty reminder that it isn't true.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Good morning all.

Been gone a bit, I had a minor procedure done last week and it was major enough to knock me on my butt for a few days.

Home from hospital yesterday and back on track(although I doubt I gained weight on hospital food). Very light exercise for the next week but I gotta say, my shoulders are KILLING me. I need to google exactly why anesthesia does that. I've got TONS of water weight from the saline drip and I've been running to the bathroom every hour at least. Ok, more like waddling but I'm still getting there. I'm sore, cranky, and quite pathetic right now. The cats and I are spending the day in bed with hot tea, and season 4 of True Blood on the laptop.

I've skimmed through the threads so I'm only hitting on a few personals.

Tina: I eat basically the same thing for about a week at a time. I get a hankering for something specific and I alter the recipe to make it 'me friendly' and eat it all week. Right now my breakfasts are Lowfat yogurt and granola. My lunches are penne pasta with chopped bacon and a slice of cheddar cheese on top. I'll get sick of that in a week or two and move on to something else.

MNWalking: My worry would be what he's teaching *MY* kids. If I have a young daughter is she learning that it's OK for a man to treat a woman that way? Because it's NOT. If you have a young son is he learning it's OK to treat women that way? Because it's NOT. I would feel terribly bad for his kids to have such a deadbeat dad but my kids emotional health (and my own emotional health) would *have* to come first. I'm sorry you are being treated this way and you should not have to deal with it. Ever.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Sorry to double post but I did a quick before and after pic and wanted to posted it. The picture from last year is my work ID photo.

I find these really important to me. When I look in the mirror I rarely see a difference and I get frustrated and want to give up. It's when I do these before and after pictures that I realize how far I've come and it helps me push past the sweets and treats and focus again.

BeforeandAfterMFP2.jpg
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Monday Check In::: Reality check to myself this morning when I weighed myself. Wtf have I been thinking not logging food and tracking. Ridiculous. But it's a wake up call and even though I'm still having a hard time with it I am going to do this. I don't know what happened. There is no excuse for this...whatsoever. I have just not cared. And it's all on me.
    I will say though the holiday season SUCKS as far as food and sweets and such goes. But this time of year is my favorite because it's when I really want to start making cookies and sweets. Not just for me but to share, but I still can't help but eat some of them. I got through it last year though and I am going to get through it this year.

Ok usually I eat the same breakfast and the same lunch everyday, could this be a bad thing or is it ok? Like could my body get used to eating the same thing and not reacting to it....I don't know just trying to find out where I originally went wrong when I stopped losing even though I was tracking and exercising and everything.

Just so disappointed with myself.

On a good note, I got to go see my niece this weekend. It was a great visit. She gets to come home today! She is SO excited and so is my sister. Now hopefully she continues to keep getting better and better. I know she will, she will be seeing someone to help her as well as my sister and both my nieces will be going to a family counselor as well. So that's awesome.

Here's to a new week and getting back at it!!!!

Tina

I don't think eating the same meal everyday will hinder things as long as you are not bored with the choice in meal you made. I eat the same thing for breakfast everyday at work. Also the website says if you eat just like this in 5 weeks you will weigh*** so I don't think it is a problem. I am glad to hear your niece is coming home may god watch over and bless her as she starts he journey.
  • shygur
    shygur Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody! I told ya'll when I first came to this thread that I don't post often, I hate writing although I love reading! Well I am still losing weight and have had awesome blood work results and nsv's buying clothes, that was a shock. I went to try on the largest available jeans at Catherines and expected them to not be big enough and they were too big!! Guess I am having some of that body dysphoria.

Got my sewing machine serviced over the weekened, I have not sewed in years and years, and am now making princess, fairly dresses for my great neice for Christmas. I am actually excited about it and plan on getting Christmas bells to put on the skirts (I always did this when I made my daughter fancy dresses) and before closing the box to wrap I am going to put in "fairy dust" glitter so when she picks it up it poofs out on her! She is 6 and will love it, she has already requested that I paint her as a butterfly when I get there for Christmas. Little kids are awesome!!

Have an awesome day!!

Rebecca
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I had a great weekend. Thursday I had to go get more Lab work done and took the day off from work. Good news was my PSA was 1.1 down from 6.6 smileys158.gif yeehaw and my A1C was 5.7 down from 5.8 (last test) and 9.1 a year agodance013.gif

Friday I had a wedding to go to. It was at a nice place. I did pretty good eating, I did have a few Captain Morgan and diet cokes. I was pretty close to on plan. It was fun.

Saturday we took my Father-in-law to the Pub for dinner and to a hockey game. The food was awesome;
    I had AON DÓ TRÍ - One Two Three!
    Why not have a little bit of everything? Diddy’s Irish Stew, Corned Beef & Cabbage & Shepherd’s Pie. It’s sure to warm the cockles of your heart! Accompanied by our Homemade Brown Bread.
    We all loved the food and had a good time. Then we went over to the hockey game which was a great game the Wrangler’s won in the shootout after being tied at the end of overtime. My Father-in-law is in his 4th week of radiation treatment for prostate cancer. He has to go every day for 9 weeks straight. Which was really messing with my & Amy’s minds when my PSA was 6.6. Looks like mine was just an infection! It was a really good game always within one goal. We had a great time there. It was Sing for Santa night and 5 or 6 elementary school choirs were there to sing Christmas songs between periods and raise money for the music departments. There was a pretty big crowd and everyone seemed to be having FUN!

Sunday I had to pick up leaves in the backyard, get the Christmas decorations down and ready to setup. Then I got to watch the NY Giants game. So overall a very good weekend for me!

@Alison- That is wonderful that you are so close to Onederland! You should know that even though you were last in your 5k amongst the runners, it would take me in the hours for time not minutes. Congratulations for finishing!

Best wishes for everyone that reads this thread!

Tom
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Garetie - glad to see your post. It seems your weight fluctuation is maybe a reaction to your quitting smoking. I'm so glad to hear you re-commit to strongly working on your appetite again. I know if you just keep re-committing over and over the weight loss will stick and your weight will gradually but steadily go down and down. I'm with you on this! :flowerforyou:

Laurie - your rock climbing class sounds thrilling - esp. climbing blindfolded - that shows immense trust of your instructors and must have been a total immersion of your senses into the experience. Will you ever do it again?

Skinny - I admire how you organize your life, and I get a kick how you reward yourself with a Starbucks. Am I odd that I have NEVER been in a Starbucks?

Boho - 3 lbs and 3 parties between you and Onderland - Oh My! Well, I know the parties will come and go, and I"M SURE the 3 lbs. will GO GO GO, and we will all be celebrating with you soon!

Linder - wish I could help with a spreadsheet but I do my budget so old-fashioned. Checkbook and manual spreadsheet. Ugh.:noway:

Tina - I eat the same breakfast for weeks or months, until I tire of it then I move on to something else. Same thing as far as dinner goes, I rotate the same four meals basically. Doesn't show imagination, but its quick and satisfying.
    So glad your niece is improving. So much love in your family apparently that will help with her recovery - I'm so happy to hear.

MowMow - hope you're recovering nicely from your procedure and that family is doting on you at this time. :flowerforyou: Glad your fur baby can cuddle with you. And wow what a big change in your before and after photos! The weight loss is so evident! You look adorable, you need to be told that!

Shygurl - glad to hear from you again. So happy to hear you're losing weight and inches and finding new clothes. How exciting for you. Sewing for little girls is an enviable passtime. She sounds like a delight.

Tom - When you feast, you feast. So advice, drink a glass of water every 20 minutes when you are at these amazing places. That, hopefully, will fill you up and you'll eat less bites. Other than that, you are doing so well, I don't know why I'm bothering giving you advice, I should be asking for advice! Glad your lab work was down!
  • vickimieth
    vickimieth Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Good morning all.

Been gone a bit, I had a minor procedure done last week and it was major enough to knock me on my butt for a few days.

Home from hospital yesterday and back on track(although I doubt I gained weight on hospital food). Very light exercise for the next week but I gotta say, my shoulders are KILLING me. I need to google exactly why anesthesia does that.

Glad you're back!

The shoulder pain isn't the anesthesia per se - either you had a lengthy enough procedure that it tweaked your shoulders a bit from the positioning, or it was laproscopic and that's where the remaining gas has settled for the moment. Either way, it will get better over the next few days.
  • vickimieth
    vickimieth Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Monday check in... still stalled on this :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: plateau. Nothing seems to be working to break it, but haven't thrown in the towel yet!

Biked 2 miles on Sunday -- and managed to not fall off/kill myself! (not bad for someone who hasn't been on a bike since like 1975)
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! :flowerforyou:

@vicki--hang in there!! I reached the weight I'm at sometime in August or September--it's been so long since I've dropped lbs. that I can't even remember. However, I know if I stick with it and recommit every time I slip up, I will start losing again, and so will you! :smile:

@tina--I agree w/ robin and the others who said it's no problem to eat the same meals (as long as they are healthy and satisfying). I've also read confirmation of what kelley said--that most people do better if they eat the same thing over and over, as long as they don't get bored with it. I have much better weeks when I prepare my snacks and lunches on Sunday evening, and it's always the same thing for every day of the work week.

@tom--sounds like you had a great night out with your FIL. Glad your lab work is continuing to improve.:drinker:

@rebecca--so nice to hear from you--great NSV at Catherine's. :flowerforyou:

@kris--love the pictures--what an amazing difference!! :smile:

@toots--I feel the same way about treats--as long as I really savor the splurges it's worth it. It's when I mindlessly binge that I feel regret. :cry:

@linder--sorry for your financial strains--I wish I could help, but I'm not very organized when it comes to money.

@kelley--yes, I love having a doggie to "nudge" me off the couch. :laugh:

@kaye--yes, I play on the computer in the evenings and it helps keep me from snacking.

@alison--thanks! Now I just need to get to the point where I can string three of those 11-minute miles together! :laugh: Congrats on getting so close to onederland--can't wait until you cross over!!

@jt--I'm so glad I don't like to bake--I fear I would end up eating more than I gave away. I admire your ability to make the treats for others but still stay on track.

Monday Check-in:
    So remember yesterday when I was all cocky about being able to pick up lifting at the weights I left off at a month ago? I was all like "oh, I feel so great!" and "It was a cakewalk!" Um, well, I'm paying for it today! Almost every muscle in my body is screaming at me today. Only my legs feel okay and I'm sure that's b/c I continued to run during my time away from the gym. Apparently, doing core work once every 2 weeks isn't enough to make up for not lifting weights.:tongue:

Anyways, even though I'm sore, I WILL do my core work tonight!

Exercise goals:
    Mon--core work
    Tues--rest day
    Wed--walk gunner + core work
    Thurs--walk gunner + gym OR run outside
    Fri--rest day
    Sat--walk gunner + gym or run outside
    Sun--walk gunner + gym or run outside

Grading goals:
    1. Re-read 1984 STARTED
    2. 20/22 Create an ad assignments Almost DONE
    3. x/22 vocab quizzes
    4. 10/48 AP journal reflections
  • lmackbethl
    Options
    mackbeth - I salute you for managing the extra shifts - I could not stay awake for 28 hours - no way! That's amazing your still coherent! Glad your new job is starting soon and this madness will stop. So impressed your still managing well on food and exercise. You're a powerhouse of discipline. You go girl! :drinker:

Oh, Robin, you've given me the greatest laugh!!! Powerhouse of discipline? Most definitely not! Just today, a friend brought over a box of munchkins, which I don't even like, and with those plus too many potato chips, my snack calorie total hit the mars rover! I did burn off 900 calories playing wii fit for a couple hours, so ended up under for the day... nice, yes... but disciplined? not so much. :noway:
  • lmackbethl
    Options
    @lin - finances? no, definitely can't help with that. good luck with it!!!!
    @vicki - great job on the bike! maybe there is something to that saying...
    @laurie - blind climbing? wowza!!!!
    @kris - welcome back! and what amazing pics! such an incredible transformation in such a short time!!
    @alison & skinnyjeanz -- great running!!!

Well, today was my weekly weigh-in, and I didn't lose, but I didn't gain either... exactly the same... I guess I'll take that. Still, I would like to hit my goal by new year's... really going to try for it, and if I fall a bit short, at least I'll be closer than I was if I didn't try... either way, I'll get there, but this month would be good! I tend to self-sabotage when I'm close to a goal and don't want to repeat that pattern. no more munchkins for me!!!! :laugh:
  • ereilly311
    ereilly311 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I am just joining this thread, I need to lose 100+ lbs. I will be 30 in March and really want to get to a healthy lifestyle and turn my life around before it is too late. My weekend was pretty decent. I didn't get any exercise in but I did eat well, even with going out to lunch and breakfast. I'm looking forward to getting to know people and help support ya'll!
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Hi all just wanted to jump on real quick and wish you all the best. I am doing alright today. There was a small gain on the scale but I was sort of expecting it so as long as I didnt go over the last milestone mark for me I am willing to suck it up and do better this week. I hope you all had a great day and an even better tomorrow.
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Sorry to double post but I did a quick before and after pic and wanted to posted it. The picture from last year is my work ID photo.

I find these really important to me. When I look in the mirror I rarely see a difference and I get frustrated and want to give up. It's when I do these before and after pictures that I realize how far I've come and it helps me push past the sweets and treats and focus again.

BeforeandAfterMFP2.jpg

that's just crazy amazing. you look awesome.
    Hi everybody! I told ya'll when I first came to this thread that I don't post often, I hate writing although I love reading! Well I am still losing weight and have had awesome blood work results and nsv's buying clothes, that was a shock. I went to try on the largest available jeans at Catherines and expected them to not be big enough and they were too big!! Guess I am having some of that body dysphoria.

nice! your new picture looks great too.
    Good morning! I had a great weekend. Thursday I had to go get more Lab work done and took the day off from work. Good news was my PSA was 1.1 down from 6.6 smileys158.gif yeehaw and my A1C was 5.7 down from 5.8 (last test) and 9.1 a year agodance013.gif

woohoo, that's great news!
  • dontletmeeatcake
    Options
    I wish you all the best of luck!