Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    @Robin - I try to leave all my work food at work. When I shop I leave all my lunches/breakfasts/ and snacks there in our dept. fridge. THe less I have at home, the less likely I binge out. That said, I can relate to your late night snacking. I was doing SOOOO great a few days ago and then at like 8:30 I scarfed down a HUGE bowl of cheerios slathered in honey and drowned in whole milk. Then went straight to bed on a bloated stomach. /sigh
    @Ebaily - Gorilla cracked me up with the image of the Pure Romance rumble with oils/toys being flung. DO it!
    @GrandmmaKaye - Woohoo! on the great news with your husband. What a wonderful relief. What kind of shoes did you buy? I've been looking at Brooks. A co worker bought a pair for walking and he tells me that they are like walking on pillows. Grats on the Kiwi NSV!
    @ Skinny - I think this weekend will be the last of my spring cleaning as well. Also, Yeats is one of my FAVORITE poets!
    @Susan - Your energy always amazes me. YOu are the most positive person I have ever talked too. You are just amazing and I'm so glad your new job is working out for you. Your friend is in my thoughts and prayers!
    @Walking Queen - Can you JUST get a small fries with nothing else? That might not be too hard to fit into your day....
    @Helena - My mom has the opposite problem, she's 4'8 and has a tiny little face. I took her eyeglass shopping while I was home for Christmas and FINALLY talked her into trying a pair of child's glasses. She was SOOOO excited when she found a pretty frame(without kid stuff on them) that fit perfectly.
    @Gorilla - you are such an inspiration. Your gym workouts are always amazing!
    @Kah - I hope you love swimming, I find it really relaxing and a great workout.
    @TIna - Glad you are feeling better and things are under control.
    @Shrinkrapt - I can't trust myself to eat once little piece a day so I try to treat once a week. When I go to the grocery store I swing through the high end fancy grocery store and pick something up out of their chocolates display. Something sinful and wonderful and just ONE serving then I carry it home like some sort of rodent with a GREAT find and hole up and savor every last bite. I know, I'm, pathetic. :laugh:
    @Tracy - WELCOME! Jump right on in!
    @2208061 - No. You don't want to be consistently way under your calories. You NEED that nutrition to function and MFP will set the loss into the calculations. At least, that's my opinion.

I agree with everyone on the smaller weight loss goals. It's one of the reasons I failed for so long. Losing 191 lbs sounds IMPOSSIBLE and when I thought about how many YEARS that would take I would just give up. I left my ticker at the end goal so I could watch it tick, but each small goal was only 10-20 lbs (I used dates/events and decided on reasonable goals to that date). Break it down into pieces, it's much easier to swallow than the whole. Also, if you have a 20lb goal and you're on lb 18 it's a LOT easier to say no to temptation than if you're on lb 18 of a 191 lb goal. (at least to me).

Thursday Truth - Need someone to physically kick my butt and slap my hand when I reach for something I shouldn't eat or when I've had enough calories for the day and reach for more. I upped my calorie goal on MFP a bit to try and keep from being too hungry. We'll see how that goes. I'd rather lose less and stay on track with healthy eating than constantly fight binges of junk because I've set my calories low enough to lose a lot fast.

Thanks for the suggestion on the small fry but truth be told fast food is my vice and my being lazy along with eating fast food for every meal everyday got me to 262lbs....so it is very important for me to try harder to stay away because it is like a drug to me. Thanks for the suggestion tho I have been trying to get kid meals instead.
  • drojen
    drojen Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Also, if you have a 20lb goal and you're on lb 18 it's a LOT easier to say no to temptation than if you're on lb 18 of a 191 lb goal. (at least
    [/quote]

I never realized this but it's totally true for me. I keep thinking I'm only a few lbs away, I can't eat that.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Well... it looks like my daily walks are about to become mandatory and more than one per day.... I have an appointment on April 8th to meet this little lady: http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/25548302

My home visit is tonight and barring any major issues (and my cats learning NOT to attack the blessed little dear) she'll be my new walking/hiking buddy after the 8th. Her elderly owner died and the family didn't want her or her Daschund sidekick. The little guy found a home already, but this lady is still in Sr. Rescue.

A bit nervous, I haven't had a dog in YEARS and I've always lived in a house where i could just let them out the backdoor to do business. I've never had to walk a dog for practical purposes before. It would be so great though to have someone to go WITH me when I walk or hike.

Already discussed it with my office, I'll change my work schedule to 8-5 so I can have an hour lunch to come home and take her for a short walk. Then I can eat at home and head back to the office.
  • Helenavee42
    Helenavee42 Posts: 175
    Options
    Well... it looks like my daily walks are about to become mandatory and more than one per day.... I have an appointment on April 8th to meet this little lady: http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/25548302

My home visit is tonight and barring any major issues (and my cats learning NOT to attack the blessed little dear) she'll be my new walking/hiking buddy after the 8th. Her elderly owner died and the family didn't want her or her Daschund sidekick. The little guy found a home already, but this lady is still in Sr. Rescue.

A bit nervous, I haven't had a dog in YEARS and I've always lived in a house where i could just let them out the backdoor to do business. I've never had to walk a dog for practical purposes before. It would be so great though to have someone to go WITH me when I walk or hike.

Already discussed it with my office, I'll change my work schedule to 8-5 so I can have an hour lunch to come home and take her for a short walk. Then I can eat at home and head back to the office.

MowMow That is great! My boyfriend and I were going to adopt a dog that we found on that site but the foster lady said he couldn't be with out his brother or at least another dog. I was so heartbroken as I had fallen in love with him then we went to the humane society and found our little munchkin now. Rescuing is always a great option. I hope everything goes well on your home visit! Remember to get anything they can get into and you don't want them in off the floor.

It seems like many of us are thinking alike in terms of looking at our goals a little at a time. I have changed mine to show 20lbs to lose.

@Kaye So glad your husband is cancer free! That is super news. Cancer is such a scary thing.
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,140 Member
    Options

Wonderful....I just looked at her pic and she is adorable!!! I hope everything works out well. CONGRATS!!!

Lin in Central Iowa

1482351y1dphi597b.gif
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    MowMow - Che looks like a sweetheart and just the right size for hugs and squeezes. Hope the home visit works out and she and the cats are compatible. Here hoping! :flowerforyou:
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Thursday truth: Thanks to all of the good support that I get here, things are looking really good right now. I'm a bit discouraged about the current plateau, but I know it will pass. It was another good day with a good walk. I find that if I pre-log my dinner, I eat more and come closer to meeting my calorie goals. I'm hoping that will mix things up a bit so I can get passed this plateau.
    It is good to see more new people. We are definitely doing our share toward a healthier world. I was going to say America, but that would leave out Alison and some of our other good friends.
    Grammy--I'm thinking of you this week. You need to follow dr's orders. I know its frustrating. I'm sorry you had the postponement, but it sounds like you have a very caring dr.
    "Just keep walking. Just keep walking. Just keep walking."
    Kaye
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options

Such a cutie! I hope the cats are receptive, good luck with the home visit.
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Gorilla- The hunger finally did let go last night and I usually eat plenty of protein but sometimes by body just wants to eat any type of food. The interesting thing was that my weight was down this morning. Today is a much better day and I did make better food choices without a lot of extras.

22----Welcome: MFP already calculates a calorie deficit for you when you set your goals. You should eat your exercise calories back and eat more protein after a workout. The protein will help heal the muscles. Good luck on your journey.

Truth- I actually went to the gym today and just walked the track and rode the spin bike. I truly did not feel like working out and was just going through the motions. I am starting to think that my body needs the rest more than anything else so it will get it soon. Tonight was the first time I have been to the gym since Monday. It felt good but I still did not get into it like I usually do, it was easier to chat with people I know rather than workout. Hopefully, tomorrow I will be ready to rock climb until my heart is content. Then I will be back at it this weekend.

I hope everyone has a great night.
  • ebailey710
    ebailey710 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    @Mow: Hahahahaaa I know I think it would be fun :P
    @Grammy: Pure Romance is an in-home party company for adult women that specializes in lotions, lubricants, and bedroom accessories. www.eriennebailey.pureromance.com
    @Helena: Sorry about the diagnosis of your eyes! I am lucky to have good vision.
    @Gorilla: You always know how to make me laugh! Just picture a bunch of women wrestling with lotions and toys!
    @everyone about the water: thanks for the tips, I know it's a bit TMI but I appreciate knowing that it does get better. I didn't drink nearly enough water today, I forgot my bottle at home.

I am sore today. I'm doing a squat challenge, and I split them up and do lunges in between. I did this after my c25k training last night and my poor leggies are screaming today. But I have noticed they are getting much more muscular and less jiggly, so must keep pressing forward. Tonight we had an Ostara feast with a Pagan group on campus (we meet on Thursdays) and it was wonderful to see my friends. I have missed them so.

Goals:
    Monday- c25k DONE
    Tuesday- strength and planks DONE
    Wednesday- c25k DONE
    Thursday- strength and planks (will do after run on Friday, ran out of time today)
    Friday- c25k
    Saturday- free
    Sunday- rest/weigh in

Just gotta keep drinking my water and read this book! I have Monday off because I'm over hours on my check, so I will have to figure out what to do haha.

Thursday Truth: I kinda left my water bottle home on purpose because I was too lazy to go upstairs and get it off my desk...
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    I just picked up my first pair of prescription glasses and they are bifocals -wow- didn't take any time at all to get used to them, and its a pleasure to see all the time!
    Then I stopped in at Penneys and picked up a pair of size 20 slacks - a big NSV for me! I was in a size 24-26 when I started this slow journey.
    And tell me, how does Google know to show me slacks ads only 5 hours later when I used a local bank card to make the purchase - its amazing the way data is shared!
    I'm going to get some sleep. Hope you all have a good nights rest too.:flowerforyou:
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! Welcome to the newlings :flowerforyou: No personals tonight except:

@kris--Che is adorable! Hope it works out. :smile:

Thursday Truth:
    Went to a local micro-brewery with garetie and some friends. Ate and drank way too many calories today, but had fun.

Tomorrow I will finish the AP journals and the ACT essays. Need to go to bed now. Beer makes me sleepy.

Grading Goals:
    1. 17/57 JRPs
    2. 11/16 ACT practice essays
    3. x/47 AP essays
    4. 20/47 AP journals (Yeats)
    5. x/47 AP test corrections
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Well, that home visit was a fiasco. I rushed home from work to tidy, run the vacuum, and clean the litterboxes. The woman was 30 minutes late (she got lost).

She brought her dog with her to see how my cats would reach....... MowMow of course hid, I expected that. I knew Shepherd Book would puff up and posture but I did NOT expect a full assault on that poor little dog. He went (pardon my french) bat *kitten* crazy!!
    She finally put the poor dog in its crate for its own safety and Book went ballistic attacking the outside of the crate. When I tried to pick him up to lock him in the other room he redirected his aggression to me.

She took the dog out after I chased Book away with a water bottle and when she came back in he SEEMED calmer, until he started sniffing her and then he attacked her.

So, it looks like NO dog for me ...for the foreseeable future. The little monster (hours later) is still circling where the crate was and growling.

I always call him my pocket panther..... I was kidding, up until now...
  • vickimieth
    vickimieth Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Thursday Truth - migraines suck :sick:
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    @Kris - I'm so sorry. I definitely would not take it too personally. Animals have a mind of their own that's for sure. You provide a loving home for your kitty cats and the dog would have made it a pact. The third animal can have a very hard time adjusting and not part of the feline family. . . three strikes! You tried though - good for you. Also, thank you for the sweet words. I use to get all caught up in my friends personal drama, negativity, etc. . .For the past few years, I've really tried to focus only on the positive. Don't get me wrong. I've got my down days too, but I always remember there are so many in this beautiful world who have it so much worse. I have nothing to complain about.

@Vicki - I can totally relate. For me, it's all in my eyes and just pulses. Hate them! Hope it leaves you soon.

@Tracy - Welcome!! You're so lucky to have found this group. We've got some strong women and a couple pretty cool guys too here totally supportive of each other. I also made a major move last April from Atlanta to Las Vegas. It's taken awhile, but finally making friends and feeling like we belong. Plus, I've got an 11 year old son so I can definitely relate. Just daily if you can because this thread moves pretty quickly.

Thursday Truth: As I've already mentioned before, I'm in a bit of a funk. Very minimal exercise. Not the best food choices. I'm not completely out of control (thank goodness!!) so I am learning this new journey. If this was the old me, I would have eaten EVERYTHING in sight for days. It's time to get on the big girl panties and take charge!!!!
  • ShrinkRapt451
    ShrinkRapt451 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Hey all, too late for personals tonight. I've been booking my hotel for the conference I'll be attending in May (in San Francisco, one of my favorite cities to visit). Bringing the family along, and OMG, the hotel prices are mind-boggling. I felt like I was doing well to pay ONLY $300 a night. (sigh) But I can't wait for my kiddos to see all the wonderful places and sights that San Fran has to offer. I spent every summer there for about 10 years, and I have very fond memories.

Did well again today with food, and gritted my teeth through the workout. Truth: I'm not sure I'll make it down the stairs without both hands tomorrow. (Whoever else was talking about screaming leggies after a night of squats and lunges? Yeah, I feel ya. My trainer finds it amusing to add a 35-lb kettlebell to that concept.) I was pretty proud to get kudos on form, though. Strength will come, but I'm hoping that attention to form will prevent injuries.

And now it's time to hit the hay. See y'all tomorrow! (not just the Southerners who use it, Karen!) :wink:
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    St. Pats Bender worked out! Down 1lb this week! Maybe a bit more but I dont count decimal pounds with so many pounds to lose.

@MyM0wM0w - LOL sounds like you have quite the killer kitty! Good thing you did the in house visit, I wanted nothing to do with that when I adopted a dog this past summer. The one place wanted to review my tax and bank records! I told them to go... well you imagine what this Jersey Guy said. Ended up getting really lucky with the little pitbul we rescued.

@ShrinkRapt451- I like your trainer! Nothing better then some weighted squats and lunges!

@Lauriek70 - Sometimes you body needs that rest, any extra rest can pay off big! Protein seems to fill me up more and for longer then anything else. I also keep a good amount of fat in my diet and I think that goes a long way too.

@ebailey710 well not Im picturing your toys and lotions mixed in with squat day! LOL... Squats and lunges are great for helping with your running, especially over the long term. I know after a big day of squats I find it is hard for me to run the next day or two. So it is a balancing act

@ skinnyjeanzbo- Love a good microbrew!

I went to spin class last night, and it was an instructor who I am normally not a big fan of... but I used that to push myself harder... she really spent more time on seated climbs and really heavy resistance then anything else which I did enjoy and had the bike maxed out by the end of class.

Hit the gym this morning was so happy to see I still lost this week despite all the carbs I drank from Sat-Sun. Went and did 15 minutes on the stairmaster and 15 on the elliptical. Nothing TOO intense but but the blood pumping this morning.

I have a SUPER busy weekend a head of me. Tomorrow I will get up and lift at 7... My oldest son has his first baseball practice at 9 (I am an assistant coach for that team) immediately after that we are driving up to this fishing and outdoorsman show they hold at the hatchery every year. The kids get to fish in a pond loaded with giant trout. It is a great fun day...

Sunday is just as busy, church in the morning (Maybe a pre-church run)... then getting ready for my little guy's family B-day party. I asked him what he wanted to eat and he picked Ribs and Shrimp (Quite the taste for 8)... so I am firing up the smoker for his ribs and just getting shrimp cocktail... but middle of the day is his teams first baseball practice (I am the head coach there) THEN home for his party.
  • GeorgettaMarie
    Options
    hello all. I am new here and just checking out how this all works.
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Good Morning.

@Vicki~Yes they do!!!
    @Gorilla~LOL I don’t think I know of any 8-year old that requests ribs, although for my nephew’s 3rd birthday he requested bison burgers (which were very tasty). Go figure!
    @Robin~Awesome on the new pants!
    @Kris~I’m so sorry things didn’t work out with the dog, cats are so territorial. I always hire a pet sitter when I go on vacation and one time Pebbles wouldn’t let her upstairs or in the laundry room to clean the litter box – she just sat at the top of the stairs just hissing and growling. She was just as mean-spirited when I brought Cocoa home, she was 2 at the time and it took her over a month to learn to cohabitate! Luckily, right now anyway, Zoe loves visitors!
    @Susan~I can relate to your funk, I’m in one lately too – mostly because of this injury and I feel like its holding me back. I know there is nothing I can do about it, but it still ticks me off. I’m eating okay, but have turned into a bit of wino over the last week. I’ve got to stop – been drinking 2-4 glasses EVERY night! I didn’t have any last night, so hopefully it’s out of my system.
    @Shrinkrapt~My legs are always super sore the day after a kettlebell workout, my trainer likes to push those heavier ones on me too!

Funny story about the y’all comments, I remember someone at work saying to me one time “you’re officially a Texan” - when they noticed I started using “y’all” and “fixin to.” I think had been here about 6 months at the time.

Friday Fitness~Well, the elliptical didn’t happen last night – got home and was just too tired. Otherwise it’s been a decent week and I’m going to the gym tonight – at my trainers suggestion when he texted yesterday, I’ll do the bike and stair master and maybe row a bit, tomorrow I will either swim or do elliptical. Not much happening this weekend, except need to get to running store tonight or tomorrow – even though I’m not running its time for new runners.

Welcome to the newlings!
  • Helenavee42
    Helenavee42 Posts: 175
    Options
    Well I found a nice looking pair of glasses that fit. It only took me about 20-30 minutes. I just asked the person working there if they had any wider frames. I will have them in 7-10 days. I will post a pic when I get them. My sister told me that all I need is a tight bun on top of my head and I'll look like a cute librarian.

Friday fitness: Walk the puppy tonight, tomorrow, and sunday. My bf is off on sunday so hopefully we can go to the dog park or the park with our puppy. I think I might start 30DS this weekend or something else. We will see.

Have a great day.
    Helena