Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @mel--sorry to hear about your grandson--that stomach virus ran rampant in our area a couple of months ago. Husband and I both got it and it was brutal! Hope he's feeling better soon and the rest of your family stays healthy.

@kelley--Yay for new jeans!! :smile:

@laurie--I'm also trying to lose my stomach; however, I'm really bad about consistently doing what I know I need to do for that to happen. :ohwell:

@tlh--have a great visit with your friend! And I agree about enjoying time with friends and family--yes, we want to be healthy and eat well; however, we also need to live our lives. I certainly made up for those extra calories today at the gym, so it's all good. :wink:

@erienne--congrats on the loss! :drinker:

@kris(mow)--love the picture!! We have the same problem except it's a queen-sized bed, there are 2 of us, and a 100 lb dog. No wonder I end up on the couch most nights! :laugh:

@tammy--oh yeah--those fru-fru cocktails are the worst when it comes to calories! I try to stick with run and diet coke b/c it's so much safer calorie-wise.

Saturday Success:
    Well, I got to the gym and burned over 1000 calories to make up for my overage yesterday. I walked gunner 1 mile, did 20 minutes of lifting, ran 4 miles, and did 25 minutes on the elliptical. When I got home I also cleaned up the yard and brushed gunner (he LOVES getting brushed!). Now I'm doing laundry and cleaning the bathroom. So far it's sizing up to be a productive day. :smile:
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. Well I got the husband back off to Alaska at 6 a.m. this morning. I then came back home and promptly went back to sleep:laugh: ce I was up an alive again I went and picked up my mom for a marathon grocery shopping trip. I always let everyhting get really low when husband is home because spending money on groceries seems to cause him physical pain:tongue: So between mine and hers it was over four hours over pushing heavy @$$ carts around massive stores. and then a couple smaller stores thrown in for fun. Now I get to put eerything away and start cleaning up the house. I have decided that I probably wont go to the gym today and for exercise gave myself 60 min of walking. I feel pretty good about having earned that:happy: I have a bunch of produce I have to prep to either make it easy to grab and eat so I WILL eat it or fruit I buy chunk and freeze for my morning smoothies. It takes a while on the day I do it but makes everything so much easier later and I am les likely to have my produce go bad because I dont want to have to mess with prepping it when I want to just grab something.
    Mel I hope your grandson gets feeling better soon. It is always so heartbreaking when little ones get sick.

Have a great weeekend everyone and I will cya later :bigsmile:
  • whitecapwendy
    whitecapwendy Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    @skinnyjeans wow you are a busy lady

@jtconst I do a lot of prep with my veggies too. I put them in baggies for easy grabbing for a snack

Well, today I was both bad and good. While at the store shopping for all my healthy stuff, I passed by the lbakery area and there was a single serve peice of marble cake with buttercream frosting (my weakness) that jumped into my cart. I had to punish that naughty piece of cake, so when I got home, I ate it. It tasted really good but not over 600 calories good, so pr obably won't do that again.

There is a little Saturday success mixed in with all this naughtiness. A couple of good walks burned off those 600 calories, so even have some calories to spare today.
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Guess I should have mentioned the jeans were 2 sizes smaller - when I started looking a month ago I just needed one size smaller. :bigsmile: That's all I bought though. In looking through my summer wardrobe I need all new things, so I see a shopping spree on the horizon before vacation in May - I think I can be down one more size before that trip so waiting a few more weeks.

@Karen~You put me to shame - so awesome on your activity today! :flowerforyou:
    @Mel~I hope your grandson is on the road to recovery soon!
    @Tammy~Sounds like you had a great day with your mom, awesome walking!
    @Wendy~Hate it when stuff jumps in my cart when I'm walking by. :wink: Great job making up for those extra calories though.

On the search for a movie - watched Argo last night, excellent! Now to see what On Demand has, didn't see much at redbox earlier.

Have actually been fairly active today - according to my Fitbit I've traveled 6 miles, climbed over 30 floors (having a 2-story house has its advantages), and walked over 13,000 steps. Some of that includes my trip to the gym earlier, but all in all a pretty active day. :happy:
  • vickimieth
    vickimieth Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Hi all!
    O M G... ouch! :noway: I hurt!

So, husband has the truck down working on the engine, and I needed things from the store (plus, half price day at Goodwill shall not be missed!) so... I figured I could take a nice long walk & get it done...

I did :bigsmile:

But when I got home, husband had a truck-tastrophe, and needed more parts... wanted company on the walk... so, off we went. On the plus, picked up sandwiches for lunch along the way which was nice. Kinda sore & tired when I got home though... and then I looked at my tracker (fitbit) OVER SEVEN MILES :noway:

still have work to do, so... off I go again...
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    I really took it easy today. I got lots of cross stitching done, and haven't been able to stay very far from the bathroom. Keeping my feet elevated today has been good for me. :wink: DH and I worked together and got the house picked up and vacuumed so now all of the work from the company is done. I had enough scalloped potatoes left over from Thurs for dinner so it wasn't hard to put together a good meal.
    This evening I went for a 2 mile walk. I talked to a dear friend while I walked. It was a great way to spend the evening.
    Mel-I hope that your grandson is well soon. He's awfully tiny to be so sick.
    Slay the dragons. Kaye
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,132 Member
    Options
    Hello friends! I purchased a weight vest and have now started wearing it an hour a day with 6 lbs. of weight. I was surprised that it is somewhat taxing to exercise with it on. Anyway, this is my way to try to prevent osteopenia and/or osteoporosis. This old lady is trying! :bigsmile:

VICKI – good for you. Ouch but a good reason for it!:wink:

KELLEY – congrats on the MUCH smaller jeans!! Super.:drinker: Great activity for the day---I live in a 2-story house but usually only get 10 – 13 floors in a day! Woo-hoo! And please don’t push yourself at the gym until you’ve healed up. (I’m old and allowed to give overly protective motherly type advice!)

WHITECAPWENDY – that horrible horrible cake---how dare it jump into your cart!!! :huh:

JTCONST – good for you getting all stocked up again. It takes a lot of effort to keep healthy food in the house. At least it seems to take me a lot of time and energy. In order to have good fresh greens, onions, mushrooms, tomatoes, and bananas (some of my staples) I end up going to the store twice a week. :happy:

SKINNY – what a productive day. It made me tired to read about everything you accomplished! Wow!:bigsmile: :bigsmile:

MELANCHOLY2 – I am so sorry to hear your DGS is ill. Hoping and praying that he gets well soon.:heart:

LAURIE – excellent job on the rock climbing once again.:flowerforyou:

TLH0407 – wonderful work doing all that cleaning. :happy: I hope by now you are enjoying your visit with your friend!

EBAILEY – CONGRATS on your loss! :drinker: That’s great.

KRIS – the photo made me laugh. :laugh: Darling little fur babies are ruthless when it comes to *sharing* a bed! Boy they look comfortable!

KRIS1085 – I’m so glad you enjoyed going shopping. :bigsmile: It’s great to feel like you can go into just about any store you want to. I’ve always been so scared to walk into clothing stores; I always felt the salespeople were thinking “what’s she doing in here; she couldn’t possibly wear any of our clothing.”

LEGALLYHEIDI8 – good for you. When you find something you like stick with it! :glasses:

ALISON – how lovely that you had a clothing swap! That’s a wonderful way to get some new things. :happy: I found out my local Goodwill has Sunday specials. I’ve got to start checking those out. I hope your knee is up to speed soon! And I don’t think I ever told you that I love your picture!:bigsmile:

ROBIN – how are you doing? Is your mouth healed up? :heart:

GRANDMAKAYE44 – I hope you are getting some well-deserved rest.:flowerforyou:

Best wishes to all............did we ever complete the water tag? :drinker:

Lin

1482351y1dphi597b.gif
  • trhjrh06
    trhjrh06 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    So I have had some pretty hard revelations this past week. So I went to walmart and bought a Leslie Sanson DVD. It came with 3 different exercise bands, light, medium and heavy. And it's a 3 mile walking DVD. So I am starting that tomorrow.

My mom, daughter and I went and took a long walk outside today on a trail so it was hilly and it was fun and I loved it. Really made me miss working out.

So starting this again.
  • lmackbethl
    lmackbethl Posts: 156
    Options
    Ugh, this month I picked up four overnight shifts at my old job, because I will definitely need the extra cash due to unpaid April Vacation. I did finally decide to rent my unused upstairs. The new roommate moved in last week, so hopefully in a few months, these financial difficulties will have subsided. For now, I have two hours left on the first overnight and can barely stay upright. :frown: Thank goodness the next one is a couple weeks away - I may need that long to recover! Well, at least this reaffirms my decision to have left this position! I have been enjoying spring - celebrating its arrival by kayaking and hiking most days. :smile: Next weekend, I go to my parents' house for a few days and will return home with the recumbant bicycle that they purchased for me (I got a better craigslist deal near their home than mine). I am looking forward to riding as I begin to prepare for the triathalon I want to try in August. I will also be bringing home my father's van, which he won't need for the next 6 months, while he hikes the Pacific Crest Trail. So wonderful of him to loan it to me! This will give me time to save for another vehicle, since mine is nearing death. I can barely keep my eyes open, so I will just say congratulations to those with successes and hang-in-there to those who are struggling. Your stories continue to inspire me.
  • lizmil79
    lizmil79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

Enjoying my weekend so far it has been busy with the normal catching up on housework. Wes went out to celebrate a friends birthday last night. She choose a old Chinese diner in the area. Almost everything is deep fried . But I knew that before going there made sure to eat lite all day before going there to save calories to eat there. Only ate half of what I did order DH ate the leftovers so Yay they are out of the house. Today is of course being with my church family and family but also hoping to get a little r&r in too.

Weighing in tomorrow hoping for some good results. Wishing everyone a good day.

Liz
  • jillsjourney
    jillsjourney Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    Happy Sunday to you. I am having a hard time keeping up with this thread but I am determined to try!
    Last night, we went and saw my 12 yr old nephew play Ballola (spelling?) in a Jungle Book musical. He was great!

I got up so early this morning (about 3:45) I have chronic insomnia due to another medical condition. So, I wrote for an hour or so and went to the gym. I was there all by myself, a little spooky but it started my day off right.

I am going to help hubby start getting the yard ready for spring today and my daffodils are starting to bloom!

Jill
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Here's another motivator to lose weight.....I own a king sized bed, but this is all the space I'm allowed at night. Need to be thinner!

8623072227_47260cae6c_n.jpg
    my spot by KrisMowBook, on Flickr

this is how my kids do me. i can't even move some nights. and i'm a terrible sleeper so i really need to be flopping around for 2.5 hours trying to be comfortable and i can't even roll over because i've got children all over me like some kind of bizarre game of dogpile.
    Little grandson is in the hospital on IV...he just turned 2 on the weekend. It's been a hellish last 4 days. He's a tiny, little guy and seems to have gotten even smaller. He became dehydrated with an intestinal virus that a lot of kids have here. I hope they keep him one, more night and then send him home as my daughter also has a 2 month old (she's breastfeeding) and it's been tough. On my way back to the hospital tonight. We actually prayed for him.

how scary and awful. nothing is as terrifying as a sick child. i hope that he feels better soon. my daughter had that stomach thing too and i was actually considering the emergency room and for me that's huge. i HATE the emergency room and i think that unless you're missing a limb there's no good reason for it. but this bug is bad. i hope your little guy sees a major improvement very soon.
    So I have had some pretty hard revelations this past week. So I went to walmart and bought a Leslie Sanson DVD. It came with 3 different exercise bands, light, medium and heavy. And it's a 3 mile walking DVD. So I am starting that tomorrow.

My mom, daughter and I went and took a long walk outside today on a trail so it was hilly and it was fun and I loved it. Really made me miss working out.

So starting this again.

me too. we're twinsies again! i am really trying to be back on this thing.
    I got up so early this morning (about 3:45) I have chronic insomnia due to another medical condition. So, I wrote for an hour or so and went to the gym. I was there all by myself, a little spooky but it started my day off right.

ah, i have chronic insomnia too. but i would never venture outside at that time of morning. i'm too chicken. you're a writer? so am i. what kind of stuff do you write? you can pm me if you'd rather. My daughter's name is gillian by the way, but we always call her gill. or gilly. of course everyone says it with the hard G haha.
    OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

I wrote on my newsfeed but I am so incredibly happy I'm posting on all the threads I normally follow as well..........

I'm so excited my friends. I just returned from my doctor's appt. and obesity, high blood pressure and acid reflux have all been marked as RESOLVED in my records. He's totally pleased with my BMI and only agreed to my wish to be under BMI 25 to shop for insurance. So 3 - 5 lbs. more and then stop! No recommendations for improvement. CAN YOU BELIEVE IT???? I could not. He said he was going to be using me as an example so I should expect my ears to burn a lot in the next few weeks. Sorry to go on and on but I am sooooooooooooo pleased.

This is my first visit to the doctor *ever* where I wasn't told to lose weight.

Lin (living in the clouds this afternoon!)

1482351y1dphi597b.gif

that is amazing Lin!
    wed wish- that i could find a way to get back on track and stay there. I am so stressed and depressed i can barely function these days. I need to get some control back

sister, do i ever feel ya. i hope that you start to feel better very soon and if we can manage to take back some control, even just in the area of weight loss, i bet we'll both feel much better.

@Erienne - I give people credit for just considering Insanity. I've heard it's tough, but so good. When I hit 250, I think I'm going to give it a try. I need to build up my endurance a bit more before I give it a try. Good luck if you go that route.

my husband wants me to do insanity. i think he's talking insanity. but he says i can do it. i think he's seriously mad. maybe in another 50 pounds lol
    I've always been jealous of those that stress and "just can't possibly eat" because unfortunately stress eating is a tough one for me.

same here. all i can do is eat haha
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Down 2.5# this morning. I'm closing in on that ONEderland goal! More later today. Have a great day. Kaye
  • jillsjourney
    Options
    Down 2.5# this morning. I'm closing in on that ONEderland goal! More later today. Have a great day. Kaye
    I cannot wait for that day! Good job!!
  • jillsjourney
    Options
    Little grandson is in the hospital on IV...he just turned 2 on the weekend. It's been a hellish last 4 days. He's a tiny, little guy and seems to have gotten even smaller. He became dehydrated with an intestinal virus that a lot of kids have here. I hope they keep him one, more night and then send him home as my daughter also has a 2 month old (she's breastfeeding) and it's been tough. On my way back to the hospital tonight. We actually prayed for him.

I hope the little guy is feeling better soon. It is so scary when a little one is sick.

So starting this again.
    I LOVE Leslie Sansone. Those resistance bands are amazing!
    ah, i have chronic insomnia too. but i would never venture outside at that time of morning. i'm too chicken. you're a writer? so am i. what kind of stuff do you write? you can pm me if you'd rather. My daughter's name is gillian by the way, but we always call her gill. or gilly. of course everyone says it with the hard G haha.
    Do you pronounce her name with the J sound or the G sound. I always loved the "G" spelling but I am not even Jillian, it's just Jill. :)
    I am a big chicken too. I was there all by myself and I was freaking myself out. lol
    I freelance write for a variety of clients. I am trying to start a book but bills and kids and husbands always seem to come first!
    (BTW, I have to edit myself constantly when I work so I never edit my posts on forums! )
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Do you pronounce her name with the J sound or the G sound. I always loved the "G" spelling but I am not even Jillian, it's just Jill. :)
    I am a big chicken too. I was there all by myself and I was freaking myself out. lol
    I freelance write for a variety of clients. I am trying to start a book but bills and kids and husbands always seem to come first!
    (BTW, I have to edit myself constantly when I work so I never edit my posts on forums! )

we pronounce it with a J sound. the G spelling was the original spelling though. Yeah, understood about the bills and kids. I took the opposite journey of you and started with freelance but couldn't keep up and switched to novels haha. I do okay. More than I made writing freelance because i don't have to produce as much but my backlist keeps selling.
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone!

What a weekend I had school saturday morning found out the basement is leaking in the afternoon but I can't seem to find from where. I already tore down one wall of sheet rock no wetness there. I was behind a few days on posts so I apologize if comments are no longer valid.

@Kaye- Glad you had a great time with family hope you get some well needed rest. Family can be very exhausting
    @Newbies- Welcome everyone
    @Liz- I know what you mean about being under calorie but not eating healthy. I am working on that right now.
    @Kah68- Good luck with your test results
    @Robin- I wish it was 70 here
    @Karen- What a big burn on Sat- you also brought up a lot of people I have wondered about
    @whitecapwendy- walking is such a great relaxing exercise
    @jtconst- good job over coming the plateau
    @Laurie- good job on the rock climbing
    @MyMow- Your kitty's are so cute. Love the black one.
    @Tlh- watermelon sounds so good
    @melancholy- hope grandson gets well soon
    @Jill- the jungle book is my favorite movie and glad the play went well.
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    kaye- wahoo!!!! congrats on the loss

vicki- ouch is right!!! great job on the walking

grandson left yesterday but of course i woke up at 6 am as i was used to him getting me up at that time!!! did not get out of bed tho...:yawn:

reset my ticker, put a weight loss chart on the fridge and started over ....again.....went to the gym last night with my daughter, neice and her fiance.....did 40 min of cardio then went for a swim....wanted to do some weights but my heart was not cooperating and i was dizzy and heart rate irregular so i left it at that.....Need to stay on track for the next 50 pounds.....including the ones i gained ..:sad:
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday fellow MFPers. I hope you are all having a fabulous weekend. I fell into a book yesterday after getting back from shopping so nothing else got done for the rest of the day. Oh well amazingly enough it is all still here waiting for me today :laugh: I slept in late then spent some time bull$##$ing with my daughter while I drank my smoothie. I then bundled myself off to the grm and got in a nice 45 min workout. Quick question. Is it weird that trying to use the elliptical machine makes my knees hurt. I thought it was supposed to be easier on the knees. I only used it for a couple min and couldnt take the feeling in my knees anymore. I am going to start one of the water fitness classes that they offer tomorrow and if I like it I plan on doing that three times a week. I still cant get over the fact I am actually enjoying working out now. I was the biggest hater of exercise ever just a year ago. I am now sitting here with the music cranked u and getting ready to dive into some much needed housework so have agreat day everyone and enjoy whats left of the weekend.:bigsmile:
  • suzee71
    suzee71 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hey jtconst. I have had the same problem with my knees. I'm not sure what it is either. What type of book are you reading? I like the murder mysteries. Hope everyone has had a good weekend.