Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• jillsjourney
    jillsjourney Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Can I join too? I could use the motivation and support from others on the same journey. I'm Jill, a 44 yr old mom of 4. I work from home.
    I joined a new gym on Tuesday!
    Saturday- nothing
    Sunday- Nothing
    Monday-Nothing
    Tuesday- New gym and I hurt all over!
    WEdnesday- REST day but took a walk with son.
    Thursday - Gym, strength training and cardio
    Friday- strength and cardio is the plan
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

@jill--welcome! :flowerforyou: Looks like you are off to a great start at the gym!

@laurie--please tell me you are still on Spring Break! B/c if you did all of that AFTER work today, and you are feeling guilty for not working out, well, that' just makes me feel super lazy!

@courtney--Hope you feel better soon and hope you find some savvy way to find out the guy's name without having to ask him. Could you maybe ask hm how to spell his name and tell him it's b/c you want to program it into your phone with his number?

@robin--I also like Big Bang Theory, but I tend to watch the reruns on TBS.

@helena--Happy Birthday!!! :drinker: :flowerforyou:

Hi Toots!!

@holly--I think it was just withdrawal b/c I was feeling much better last night after buying a new e-cig. Today, I felt fine until late in the day; then the headache started to creep back. Fortunately, I was already leaving for home when it started to get bad and I was able to get some more nicotine. I feel like my body will be used to these lower levels of nicotine by the weekend, so I just need to be careful not to overindulge this weekend.

@suzee--Yep, take small steps and you'll be amazed at how quickly you build strength and endurance.

@kaye--sorry about your DH--that must be so scary! However, glad to hear he seems to be bouncing back quickly.

@susan--that's so wonderful of you to fly back to support your friends--you should be so proud that you've made these changes in your life and are able to participate in the 5k!

@tammy--I'm the same way with exercise--if something interferes, I get cranky! :angry: I got home later than expected today, and if I get to the gym after 5pm, it's often crowded. However, the weather was so beautiful I went for a run outside instead. I'm so happy winter appears to be gone (knocking on wood!).

Thursday Truth:
    I'm eating crap but I'm staying under my calories for the most part. That's really my only goal until I get a firmer grip on not smoking anymore.
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone.
    Kaye I was so sorry to hear about your husband. I am happy he is doing better. It really sucks when we know what the problem is but there is nothing we can really do about it.
    I had a fairly good day today. My hips are whining a little when I walk right now. I went to the gym this morning and did some walking on the track and then 10 min on the recumbent bike. I then went downstairs and planned on checking out the pool and swimming laps but it was super crowded because of spring break so I just found one little corner and did some water calisthenics including 500 bicycle kicks. My hips are not happy, lol. Tommorow will be super busy with my husband getting everything ready for when he flies out Saturday morning. I probably wont have time to go to the gym but I am going to go for a nice long walk while he vissis with his dad. So I will still get something in. So lets see my truth for Thursday is I am looking forward to some peace and quiet. I told my hubby it wasnt that I wanted him gone for the full two months but just a couple days. He is just so go go go that by the end of his month at home I am EXHAUSTED, lol.
    Well have a great night everyone and be sure to get that water in :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • whitecapwendy
    whitecapwendy Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I have been doing really well this week staying on task, and keeping at my working out--with the help of Leslie Sansone. A few days I was able to do the video twice and a couple of days I was able to get out for a good walk. I am excited to see if it has paid off at the scale tomorrow morning.

Thursday truth--I also know that I am not going to do well on Sunday. Potluck at church. Usually there are plenty of veggies so that will help some.

For those of you quitting smoking and going to the e-cig. I feel for you. I used to smoke and cannot imagine trying to drop weight and quit smoking. I salute you and am also empathetic.

@Kaye so sorry about your DH. Glad you got him to the ER when you did

@Helena Happy Birthday
  • vickimieth
    vickimieth Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Today has been good, but also weird. Even though I was munching all day, I had to eat like a pig tonight to not be under net numbers. :noway: Not like I was over exercising, either.

Speaking of exercise, there's a new gym opened up in the neighborhood (closer than my YouFit)... anyone familiar with Planet Fitness? I might think of a second gym membership if they have Zumba classes....

WATER TAG!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • Gucci2884
    Gucci2884 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey new to this and really needing the help and support of ppl that's going thru it too!! So truly need sum fitness pals!!! I have a LONG WAY to go but trying to stay motivated!!!!
  • Jsnuggles
    Jsnuggles Posts: 33
    Options
    @skinnyjeansbo- It is more of a mini-vacation for my fiance. We live in separate cities from each other, and it has been awhile since we have seen each other. So he is coming to visit for a week.

Thursday-
    Eating horribly. My calories have been under, mostly, but I am just falling off the wagon when it comes to eating healthy. The scale is not moving, and my clothes are not loosening. It is very frustrating. It has a lot to do with my lack of exercise as well, lately.

So, I am going to have to reboot, and start over in a sense.

@Des- Ahh. I play Horde on both servers, but always wanted a female space goat character lol
  • suzee71
    suzee71 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    @skinny. Hang in there with the no smoking. I'm sure it's one of the hardest thins you will do.

@gucci. I'm new here too. Find me and friend me if you like. Maybe one of us will have enough willpower for the day.
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I had a spot on day for food today (and water!!). Thursday Truth: I didn't get Day 2 done yesterday. I found out that my daughter needed to have a "cow-like" costume for her concert tonight, so I spent the evening running around trying to find something. Ended up painting a white shirt with black spots and went to bed around midnight. It turned out cute and the concert was fun -- it was a Barnyard Moosical with first graders. She sang her heart out and smiled the whole time. :heart: We enjoyed frozen yogurt at Cherry Berry afterwards for celebration. I even pre-planned so I had enough calories for 5 oz -- yum!!

The cramps I got were in my calves. Glad they weren't shin splints and I'm pretty sure I just need to stretch better and should go better tomorrow. I'll let you know.

@lmackbeth -- 25 pounds is a great way to demolish your "maintain" goal -- good for you

@RobinsEgg -- I got to see Les Miserables when I was in San Francisco 22 years ago. Can't wait to see a broadway show in New York, I've heard so many wonderful things about The Lion King.

@jtconst -- that sounds like a great gym. My Y offers 4 training sessions to learn the machines and then 1 personal trainer session. I did the 4 sessions, but am waiting on the personal trainer to be a little bit more fit to use it.

@Laurie K -- hope your friend can do that. Supportive friends like you will help tremendously.

@Susan -- Cancer Sucks -- not much more to say

@ Helena -- happy belated birthday

@Courtney -- that's funny! Never done on-line dating but I've gotten too far into conversations to ask a name too. It'll be a good laugh later!
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Helena-- Happy belated birthday :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :bigsmile:
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Thursday Truth: As much as I love my family, I am exhausted. We had 28 here for dinner tonight, 14 kids, and 14 adults. Everyone has gone home except Rebecca's family. They will be going home tomorrow.
    Thanks for your concern about DH. He is recovering nicely. Someone asked what is causing the veins to collapse. He is 76 years old, and it is basically an age related weakening of the vein walls.
    I didn't have time to go for a walk today, but I gave myself a couple of hours of housework for exercise credit. I figure 4 hours on my feet preparing food for that many people is worth at least that much!
    Good night. Kaye
  • MissJess13
    Options
    Hi Everyone, thanks for letting me be apart of the group! I am Jess, I'm 22 and I live in Western Australia.
    My journey to a healthy lifestyle and weightloss started at the end of 2010 but it wasn't until the beginning of last year that a doctor identified one of the reasons behind my weight gain. Now that my medical syndrome is under control, all the hard work is paying off. Before starting with MFP in May last year I had lost 2kgs in 2012 and since joining I have lost a further 16 kgs (34pounds).
    At the moment my goal is to lose another 70 pounds. I do wish it was coming off quicker but I will get there one day.

Hope you are having a great day!
    Jess
  • ShrinkRapt451
    ShrinkRapt451 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Man, I'm tired. Too many late nights and early mornings! And today was Death By Meeting. (As in, no breaks from meetings, all day. Even a lunch meeting. Yikes!)

Welcome to the new folks! I wandered away long enough that I just realized I haven't seen helenatrandom. She okay?

Truth: tomorrow is my first appointment with a primary care doctor in about 18 months. (Ironic, no? Before Vickie makes the obvious comment about healthcare workers being terrible patients, I will. Though I usually don't leave it this long.) Need to establish with a new provider, so there will be lots to talk about.

Kaye, my hat's off to you. That's impressive!
  • jillsjourney
    jillsjourney Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    @ MissJess - you are doing fantastic!
    @Granny - My husband had a stroke almost 16 years ago and is doing really well. I hope your husband improves.
    @Shrink - I hope your doctor's appointment goes well!
    @tlh - you are more creative than I am! I would have had o have my hubby come up with an idea for a costume like that! I'm impressed that you made your own.
  • lizmil79
    lizmil79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Hello

Sorry to be MIA for awhile now. I think I have caught up on all the recent posts. I have been doing ok with calories not necessarily food choices. I have been staying under goal but not making the healthiest choices if you know what I mean.

I start my day out healthy but as it goes I slide into old habits the only thing that is working right is I am moving and taking time out to measure my food portions. Its craving carves and sugar thing. Its been like that since Christmas all winter long. After talking to a friend about this she waif that she did a detox and it help her get back on track away from all of that. So I have never done that before but I am eager and willing to try this to get back on track so I am looking into the hows.

@Kaye so sorry to hear about your husband.
    @Robin I like the idea of hand work to keep you busy while watching Tv instead of munching.
    I use to do quilting and enjoy it a lot. So may need to start up again.
    @Robin we really enjoy Big Bang too.

@ at the end of the month will be taking part in the Autism Walk with my daughter and coworkers. This is the 1st of my races. It is a 5k in Boise the others are too the Color Dash and the Women's Celebration!

Yay for Friday so looking forward to the weekend. Wishing everyone a good day.

Liz from Caldwell, Idaho
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Good Morning & Happy Friday.

I survived yesterday – won’t know for a few weeks how it went, so now my patience will be tested! Its all computerized so not sure what takes so long, but they said 2-4 weeks. Ugh! :noway: I was pretty much mentally drained by the time the exam was over, so went home and napped most of the afternoon – slept decent last night and back to work this morning. I really wanted to try and get to the gym, but my body had other ideas. Yesterday was a planned rest day anyway.

@Helena~Happy belated birthday! :flowerforyou:
    @Kaye~How very scary for both you and DH, I’m glad there haven’t been any long term side effects and that he’s doing better.
    @Vicki~There are several Planet Fitness locations in the city I live in, but I don’t think they offer classes. I know their memberships are really inexpensive and they offer free training and even have tanning beds – but think that’s it.
    @Susan~I know you’re in Atlanta already & you wish you were traveling under better circumstances but enjoy your friends and the fundraiser – I know they appreciate your love and support. :heart: Safe travels.
    @tlh~Costume and daughters concert sounds cute, bet she had fun!
    @Robin~I think The Lion King has been one of my favorite musicals, glad you enjoyed it. Wicked is playing here right now, wish the dates had worked out so I could go – I really want to see that one! I love Big Bang Theory too, I’m usually not home to watch it but always DVR.
    @Courtney~After friends pushing me, I’ve been trying that online dating thing too. I’ve talked with a few guys on/off – one guy wanted my number after only talking online a few times. I haven’t been really active with it lately, honestly just wish the perfect guy would appear on my doorstep! :laugh:
    @Jess~Welcome, my BFF just moved back to Australia after spending the last 10-years in the states – I think they are settling in Melbourne. You’re doing great!
    @Shrinkrapt~Good luck with the new doc!
    @Laurie~It sounds to me like you were pretty busy after work yesterday, just reading about it made me tired! :wink: I used to get that way during TOM also, glad those days are over for me – but sometimes we just need to listen to our bodies and rest. I hope you have your energy back soon.

Welcome to Jill and any other newlings I may have missed~You found the best, most supportive thread on MFP!

We’re actually missing several regulars – has anyone heard from Christine lately? I communicated with Nicole recently, she’s still working through recent life events but doing well otherwise.

Thursday Truth~Even though I missed it yesterday, I need to get it out there. I have been the queen of mindless eating ALL WEEK! Just so stressed over the exam that mindless eating took over – something I never do! I think it’s because I spent so much time sitting around with my nose in a book or on my laptop – but exam behind me, now back to reality.

Friday Fitness~Even though I had a stressful week, except for my migraine on Monday I’ve kept up with my gym goals. I also plan on long workouts tonight after work and tomorrow. No real obstacles this weekend, just plan on getting things caught up around the house and maybe do some clothes shopping – all clothes from last summer are too big and I am STILL in desperate need of jeans, must do this before vacationing at my sister’s in CO next month.

Sunday~Training DONE!
    Monday~Arc Trainer NOT DONE
    Tuesday~Rest Day DONE!
    Wednesday~Training DONE!
    Thursday~Rest Day DONE!
    Friday~Arc Trainer
    Saturday~Elliptical

Make it a great Friday!
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Corky - Hope your stomach has settled down. Rumblie tumblies are no good!
    Love your dating story - I'd just come clean and ask your fellow for his name - no time like the present!

Laurie - you might HAVE to accomodate TOM via a monthly gym schedule, ie. Week 1, normal, Week 2 normal, Week 3 light (TOM) Week 4 normal. I don't see it as a negative just because its a monthly thing. Its a heavy toll on your body and needs to be accomodated for.

JillsJourney - Wellcome to you!

WhiteCap - Leslie Sansone rocks!

Gucci - welcome to you too!

jsnuggles - sounds like you are winning the war, if not the battles!

suzee - if you click on the down arrow next to a persons name as they are listed here, you will see messages, one is a send friend message, so you can send other newbies a "please be my friend" message.

tlh - great job on the cow costume - I had to laugh about the timing of it all!

MissJess - welcome to this group! Its great to have a member from Austrailia! Good job on your weight loss so far.

Liz - you're doing great!

Kah - so glad the exam is over - I hope you aced it!

I hope to do a bunch of housecleaning for exercise today. Its supposed to hit 70 outside but extremely extremely (!) windy so not excited about going out.
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Everyone has gone home. I am planning some time with my feet up today. They are really puffy. The washer and the dishwasher are both running. There's at least one more batch for each! I hope to have recovered enough by afternoon or evening for a walk. It's not happening this morning. DH seems to have more energy today so he will probably help. Of course, there'll be vacuuming and mopping, etc.
    I hope that you all have a great weekend. One of my grandsons was struggling with a task at school. His teacher told him that we all have dragons in our lives that need to be slain. Sometimes we just have to put our best effort into it and slay the dragon. He conquered the task and now she calls him Dragonslayer. I like that metaphor. We just have to "slay the dragon", big or small. We can look at this journey as slaying one big dragon when we reach our goal, or as slaying many dragons along the way: Fast Food Dragon, I'm Too Tired Dragon, Mindless Eating Dragon, etc.
    Go slay your dragons. Kaye
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Just a quick "hello" from me b/c I have to go teach in a few minutes.

Someone asked about helenatrandom--I'm friends with her and she's still around and logging, same with rachel and doug.

I'm not sure about Christine and I'm really worried about Bellawares b/c she hasn't been on MFP in over 2 months. Also, missing Angelika among others.

Friday Fitness:
    I'm pretty happy with my fitness this week--ran twice, did stationary bike once, lifted once, and walked gunner every day. I need to do more strength, but I love cardio so much that when pressed for time, I always choose cardio. This weekend should be good b/c I don't have much grading and can definitely fit in both.

Tonight I'm meeting some school friends for dinner and drinks. First I will go home and walk gunner though. Saturday night I'm going to see a band that a HS friend is in, so that should be fun and will include some dancing. Sunday will be less fun--my principal's mother passed away, so a few of us are going to a memorial in her honor on Sunday morning. Afterwards we will do lunch and grade.
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Skinny - Angelika is still logging - I'm still seeing her activity - glad to hear Helen is still active - Hi Helen hope your still reading this! big hugs to all those we don't see here anymore :heart: