Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• joerobbins2001
    Options
    Hello all

I have been gone for a few weeks but I wanted to return even if it is just for my own good to write about this. I am a food addict and it is off the chart how much food affects my life. I have had gastrolasty (stapling) done in the past and tried everything in the world to lose weight. So, clearly drastic measures are needed in a drastic situation so I tried something I have not done before. I ONLY eat from the hours of 5p-9p and I actually don't have a whole lot of difficulty doing it. Food, any food, is a trigger to me and the moment I eat anything I am done. Case in point my daughter (age 12) got up early yesterday and cooked me breakfast so of course I ate it since she went through the effort of being nice and doing that. Yesterday totally went in the crapper after that. But, today I got right back on the wagon and am fine. I am also dropping weight like crazy and the only effort I need during the day is to remind myself why I am doing this and nothing short of this has ever worked for more than a minute. I simply leave in the morning and take a G2 Gatorade with me and drink it first thing in the morning.

After that, I just refill it with water and chug it all day. Whenever I think I "need" something to eat I take a huge hit off the G2 bottle and I surprisingly don't even really get hungry. When I get home I throw down some tuna or some lunch meat slices with a small hunk of cheese or something as I know I need the protein. I take a multivitamin every morning to cover me in that area and I feel great. I eat dinner like normal and just try to load up on veggies and make decent choices and have a little freedom there since I have had nothing all day and at 9PM i'm done no matter what. So, while I don't necessarily recommend what I am doing for eveyone I simply cannot control my eating once I start but this way I really don't have much trouble at all. We shall see how long this can be maintained but for now it is working well and I desperately need the weight off and hopefully it will break my sugar dependency also. Wish me well........

Joe
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Hello all

I have been gone for a few weeks but I wanted to return even if it is just for my own good to write about this. I am a food addict and it is off the chart how much food affects my life. I have had gastrolasty (stapling) done in the past and tried everything in the world to lose weight. So, clearly drastic measures are needed in a drastic situation so I tried something I have not done before. I ONLY eat from the hours of 5p-9p and I actually don't have a whole lot of difficulty doing it. Food, any food, is a trigger to me and the moment I eat anything I am done. Case in point my daughter (age 12) got up early yesterday and cooked me breakfast so of course I ate it since she went through the effort of being nice and doing that. Yesterday totally went in the crapper after that. But, today I got right back on the wagon and am fine. I am also dropping weight like crazy and the only effort I need during the day is to remind myself why I am doing this and nothing short of this has ever worked for more than a minute. I simply leave in the morning and take a G2 Gatorade with me and drink it first thing in the morning.

After that, I just refill it with water and chug it all day. Whenever I think I "need" something to eat I take a huge hit off the G2 bottle and I surprisingly don't even really get hungry. When I get home I throw down some tuna or some lunch meat slices with a small hunk of cheese or something as I know I need the protein. I take a multivitamin every morning to cover me in that area and I feel great. I eat dinner like normal and just try to load up on veggies and make decent choices and have a little freedom there since I have had nothing all day and at 9PM i'm done no matter what. So, while I don't necessarily recommend what I am doing for eveyone I simply cannot control my eating once I start but this way I really don't have much trouble at all. We shall see how long this can be maintained but for now it is working well and I desperately need the weight off and hopefully it will break my sugar dependency also. Wish me well........

Joe

Welcome back Joe.
    I hope your method works for you - I don't think I could do it, but my hat's off to you for attempting this eating pattern. At the end of your quote you said you hope you can break your sugar dependency as well....... What's in that G2? I hope it has very little sugar content, so you can achieve your goal.
    I found that scrambled eggs with cheese in the morning was enough to help me get through the whole day until supper, although I eat breakfast around lunchtime. My coffee with skim milk and sweetener gets me by from 8:30 til 1 pm.

Glad you're back!
  • RobinsEgg
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

FOR NEWBIES ....................................PLEASE NOTE................................................................

- PLEASE NOTE - soon, we will soon come to the end of this current thread - every 20 pages, or 500 posts - we start a new Thread - you will see at the bottom IN the last post on page 20 a sentence like this :

(<Continued at this topic >) and the words “this topic” will be in blue.

Click on that phrase and it will take you to the first post on our new page One.

• MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    I'm headed back to NJ in December for less than a week. Is it creepy anal of me that I'm hunting up the menu's from the local restaurants (family favorites) that we're likely to eat at and making mini menu's for myself.

I figure that way I KNOW (within reason) what I'm eating BEFORE I go in to any given place and don't have to umm and aww over the menu. Not to mention that some things that I ASSUMED were not so bad are really much worse than I thought and likewise things that I would have thought were terrible ( ie cup of chowder) are not bad at all and would make a nice light meal.

Now I'm thinking I want to do this for the fast food placed/sit down restaurants near work. Up until now if everyone goes out I decline since I won't know the nutritional info and have to research it (and they are always last minute decisions). Then I can go along and have a 'cheat sheet' to take with me....

Prepared or creepy anal...?
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options

right? at least she isn't seeing me, just checking me in :laugh:

Just be sure she doesn't check you in for something like a prostate exam......

hahahaha that made me laugh really hard.
    Wednesday Wish :flowerforyou:

That life would stop throwing me curve balls . . . :sad:

:( hugs.
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    I'm headed back to NJ in December for less than a week. Is it creepy anal of me that I'm hunting up the menu's from the local restaurants (family favorites) that we're likely to eat at and making mini menu's for myself.

I figure that way I KNOW (within reason) what I'm eating BEFORE I go in to any given place and don't have to umm and aww over the menu. Not to mention that some things that I ASSUMED were not so bad are really much worse than I thought and likewise things that I would have thought were terrible ( ie cup of chowder) are not bad at all and would make a nice light meal.

Now I'm thinking I want to do this for the fast food placed/sit down restaurants near work. Up until now if everyone goes out I decline since I won't know the nutritional info and have to research it (and they are always last minute decisions). Then I can go along and have a 'cheat sheet' to take with me....

Prepared! You're being proactive, it takes the guesswork out and you'll focus more on visiting with family/friends than stressing over the menu. :happy:
  • beachgirl613
    beachgirl613 Posts: 139 Member
    Options

Totally prepared. I do the same thing too especially when we go on vacation and I know what restaurants are nearby or located in the hotel, theme park, etc.
  • 2S_1R
    2S_1R Posts: 171
    Options
    Wednesday Wish: I've got two of them today! Firstly, i'd like to keep this new found weight loss for the week off for good! Secondly, I'd loooove to win my intramural soccer game tonight. :)
  • QBMontana
    QBMontana Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    My Wish for this Wednesday is to see you lighter!
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,140 Member
    Options
    Hello all

Joe

Hey Joe - have been wondering where you're at!! Whatever works for you & as long as you stay healthy, more power to you! I've tried all kinds of stuff in the past that I don't think anyone here would be in favor of so I would not dare to be critical. Just glad to hear from you!!!! Stay in touch.

Lin
  • monarchris
    monarchris Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    oh haha i do have to tell this story. when i got a call back from the receptionist at the doctors office today she asked what i needed to be seen for. i said that i had an a-fib and i needed to get in.

then she asked me if i was going to need a pelvic exam for that.

O.o

i said, 'not unless it's changed a LOT since the last time i had my heart looked at.' :laugh:

your first clue that your receptionist is not a medical professional...

That is hilarious!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • monarchris
    Options
    Hi Everyone! Happy Hump Day :flowerforyou:

Yes, I have been missing in action for a week or so. My classes this semester have me underwater and I don't do well with group projects because I don't like relying on others which is making one class super hard because it just one huge group project.

My Wed Wish is that my new basement would come with gym equipment.

****Update****
    As of 9/24/12 9am I will be a home owner! This is my very first home and thought it could never happen as single mom but GOD has blessed me for all my hard work.
    Life with adding my boyfriends kids has been real stressful too. His 12yr old is a mini version of my 16yr old which is real challenging but it's working.

Congrats on the upcoming closing on your new house:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • monarchris
    Options
    My Wednesday wish is that I start feeling better and ***TMI WARNING*** that I can poop! I really dislike diverticulitis:grumble: :grumble: :grumble: Sorry I'm not real supportive or motivating today and was over calories yesterday. Am I the only one that when I get sick I feel that eating will fix it?:huh:

Wishing every one has a great week!

Christine
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,140 Member
    Options
    My Wednesday wish is that I start feeling better and ***TMI WARNING*** that I can poop! I really dislike diverticulitis:grumble: :grumble: :grumble: Sorry I'm not real supportive or motivating today and was over calories yesterday. Am I the only one that when I get sick I feel that eating will fix it?:huh:

Christine

No, you are not alone in thinking that if you're not feeling well that if you just eat the RIGHT thing that it will all be fixed. I've done that and done that and done that. Particularly before I was diagnosed with celiac but I still do it from time to time. Thing is, doesn't ever really work for me.......

Hope you feel better soon. Do you have medication you take for this problem?

Lin
  • Garetie
    Garetie Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    @ Christine sorry your not feeling good, I have had diverticulitis issues in the past, and for some reason I'm starving during them, and I want to eat carbs, bowls of pasta please. (which is one of the worst you can eat while your gut isn't working right) Try to eat easy to diguest foods and I hope you feel better very soon.:flowerforyou:

@Mymowmow- I think it might be anal to plan that far ahead for vacation, but it's not crazy by any means. If planning ahead makes the trip more enjoyable? it would be crazy not too. :wink:
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    @Mymowmow- I think it might be anal to plan that far ahead for vacation, but it's not crazy by any means. If planning ahead makes the trip more enjoyable? it would be crazy not too. :wink:
    IT's not so much a vacation as a forced trip. I moved 3500 miles to get away from these people. I might have kept going if I hadn't hit water..... :laugh:
    'Home' is a big trigger for me. My family is *all* about the food. If you don't clean your plate you "didn't like what I made for you?" and "You can't just order a salad, that's rude to our hosts!". Food was also a source of comfort through emotional abuse as a child and the ENTIRE family lives within walking distance from each other. They are *always* together.

It's taken me 6 long years to get myself into a better place emotionally and this is my first trip back there. It's going to take some long term planning and pumping myself up to get through this unscathed.
  • RobinsEgg
    Options

FOR NEWBIES ....................................PLEASE NOTE................................................................

- PLEASE NOTE - soon, we will soon come to the end of this current thread - every 20 pages, or 500 posts - we start a new Thread - you will see at the bottom IN the last post on page 20 a sentence like this :

(<Continued at this topic >) and the words “this topic” will be in blue.

Click on that phrase and it will take you to the first post on our new page One.
  • RobinsEgg
    Options
    IT's not so much a vacation as a forced trip. I moved 3500 miles to get away from these people. I might have kept going if I hadn't hit water..... :laugh:
    'Home' is a big trigger for me. My family is *all* about the food. If you don't clean your plate you "didn't like what I made for you?" and "You can't just order a salad, that's rude to our hosts!". Food was also a source of comfort through emotional abuse as a child and the ENTIRE family lives within walking distance from each other. They are *always* together.

It's taken me 6 long years to get myself into a better place emotionally and this is my first trip back there. It's going to take some long term planning and pumping myself up to get through this unscathed.

I think you are being prepared. Not just for food but also for the people who will be putting "eating" pressure on you. Glad you moved away and found yourself a better place emotionally. Carry that better place in your head and heart when you go back so you don't lose it while youre there. I think you're planning of meals is a great way to be in control.

You also might want to plan a list of "refuting statements" to have at the ready for your family members, since you have the advantage of knowing what they might say to you. THat way you can head off any nasty discussions.

Good luck to you!
  • Bigaug
    Bigaug Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    @Christine - I hope you feel better. Diverticulitis sucks, my MIL has it and when it flairs up LOOK OUT! And nothing worse than having one stuck in there.

@Janak - Thanks for posting about that metabolism type thing. I'm going to read up on that. If I understand it correctly then I'm a balanced oxidizer. Interesting.

@Robin - you should start feeling better now. Cuz I said so. Just get to it.

@MyMOwMOw - can't live with your triggers, can't pull the trigger either. Hope your trip goes well for you.

Wednesday wish - I wish I could feel this good (or better:) all the time. And I wish for a huge McNugget with a bucket of dipping money sauce.

aug
  • monarchris
    Options

Christine

No, you are not alone in thinking that if you're not feeling well that if you just eat the RIGHT thing that it will all be fixed. I've done that and done that and done that. Particularly before I was diagnosed with celiac but I still do it from time to time. Thing is, doesn't ever really work for me.......

Hope you feel better soon. Do you have medication you take for this problem?

Lin

I got some medicine yesterday from the doc. Hoping it kicks in soon.