Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Mow, love your plans for your dog. She is one lucky dog. I'm glad you found one who gets along with your cat. Have fun with all of your projects.
    Kaye
  • Damensha
    Damensha Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Wow! I’m Three pages behind already! Goodness time does fly! I've got to head off for my nap before work tonight, so only time for a quick update and mileage for now. I hope things are where I can get caught up tonight. We shall see. :wink:

I'm sorry y'all, I've got to vent a little... You've been warned! :tongue:

I've been struggling with the same 3-4 lbs. yo-yoing up and down so far this month. My sodium is outrageous because of all the prepackaged foods and eating out I've been doing lately. I've let stress get the best of me and basically said screw it far too many times and, of course, it’s showing. I've Got to get all of these under control so I can get back on the losing track!

Hubby is having a hard time with the transition from Cook to Management with his company. He’s high strung anyway, but this is really getting to him (which is of course getting to me too). It doesn't help that his GM is also high strung and when she’s stressed she sends out threatening texts to her assistants regarding their off days, their vacation time and adding on oodles of extra hours. And apparently the new complaint at the restaurant is that folks don’t want to pay for their food because it doesn't look Exactly like the picture on the menu. You know, the one that might be plastic food or took HOURS for the food stylist to make look perfect? Good Grief! :grumble: (Deep breaths!) So, I've been stress eating the things that I try to tell myself are “better” options, but know very well aren't. I’m actually surprised that I've not gotten a tub of “oh woe is me” ice cream and eaten it straight from the carton with a spoon. LOL! ~stepping off my soapbox~ Sorry about that, but I Do feel a little better now! :blushing:

In other news, I’ve been playing the Cell Phone Tango this weekend with Verizon. When Hubby and I went to get his new phone, I got them to look at mine because the internal speaker had gone out. They sent a replacement that came on Friday. It worked until Sunday afternoon when I took out the battery to put into my old phone to Wi-Fi backup Color Note (Where I have my entire life stored!), anyway, I put the battery back in new phone, and it wouldn’t boot at all. So here I sit with a replacement phone for the first replacement waiting for it to do the switch. Wish me Luck Y’all! Gotta love the new technology! :ohwell:

So I guess these are my goals for the week… 1) STOP Eating Out so stinking much! 2) Lower the sodium. 3) Try to get some of the stress under control. 4) Have a working phone within the next 24 hours. If I can’t accomplish at least some of these this week, y’all may fall witness to my complete meltdown. And away we go!

Have a great Afternoon everyone!
    :flowerforyou: Jenn :flowerforyou:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Friday 5/16 – 2.19 miles (5418 steps)
    Saturday 5/17 – 3.13 miles (7727 steps)
    Sunday 5/18 – 2.22 miles (5503 steps)
    Monday 5/19 – 2.93 miles (7053 steps)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    May Mileage Goals:
    11 / 31 - 6,000 Steps / Day = 2.5 Miles / Day
    9 / 20 - 5 Extra Miles / Week (LS - Walk at Home)
    46.3 / At least 75 miles total for the Month (FitBit / Extra)
  • TehLaughingDog
    TehLaughingDog Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, my names Amanda. Is it okay if I join in on this? Seems like a nice group on this thread :flowerforyou:
  • Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Queen... welcome back. Nice to see you get back on track. Well done with your daily goals. Keep going! :flowerforyou:

Another quick check in with mileage.

Fitbit goals: (12,000/8 km): 17/31

Goal mileage: 150 miles
    5/1: 6.7 miles
    5/2: 4.8 miles
    5/3: 3.9 miles
    5/4: 5 miles
    5/5: 2.2 miles
    5/6: 5.2 miles
    5/7: 3.1 miles
    5/8: 6.7 miles
    5/9: 3.7 miles
    5/10: 10.1 miles
    5/11: 0
    5/12: 2 miles
    5/13: 6.9 miles
    5/14: 3 miles
    5/15: 4 miles
    5/16: 9.5 miles
    5/17: 0
    5/18: 9.3 miles
    5/19: 5.5 miles
    5/20: 8.6 miles

Total: 99.2 miles
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Sorry - really under the weather right now. Off to bed to rest and see if that helps any - have had headache since I saw Doc today. Will catch up tomorrow. Best wishes everyone!
  • Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Queen... welcome back. Nice to see you get back on track. Well done with your daily goals. Keep going! :flowerforyou:

Another quick check in with mileage.

Fitbit goals: (12,000/8 km): 17/31

Goal mileage: 150 miles
    5/1: 6.7 miles
    5/2: 4.8 miles
    5/3: 3.9 miles
    5/4: 5 miles
    5/5: 2.2 miles
    5/6: 5.2 miles
    5/7: 3.1 miles
    5/8: 6.7 miles
    5/9: 3.7 miles
    5/10: 10.1 miles
    5/11: 0
    5/12: 2 miles
    5/13: 6.9 miles
    5/14: 3 miles
    5/15: 4 miles
    5/16: 9.5 miles
    5/17: 0
    5/18: 9.3 miles
    5/19: 5.5 miles
    5/20: 8.6 miles

Total: 99.2 miles

Actually that's 100.2, 50 more to go... Yikes!
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    I had a wonderful day today. I took the day off because my dad had a doctor's appointment today. So during that appointment I managed to get all the unit test graded 120 of them. This afternoon the Blue Angels were performing- they are the Navy's flight demonstration team. I meet up with a couple of friend on the US Naval Academy grounds for a bird's eye view. This team is awesome and they fly within inches of each other. Tonight, I opted to go out with friends instead of grading papers. I just did not feel like grading anymore on my day off. It was a great day and the weather was perfect.

Karen- Glad you and Susan had a wonderful time together this weekend. She is a wonderful person and very outgoing.

Welcome to all the new people, we are looking forward to getting to know you so post often.

Jenn- I know you can take control again and stop the eating out, it will get you every time. Hope your stress level decreases soon.

MowMow- Yeah for getting a dog, especially one that the kitty approves of. I hope you will take the kitty with you on your walks, otherwise she will get jealous. :bigsmile:

Kaye- I realized today how easy it is to rack up the miles with walking. Today, I walked 5 miles and did not realize it, since I headed to the Naval Academy it was a little over 2 miles each way. It did not seam that far.

Miles for today 5 miles

Wishing you a great week.
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    The Status report for our challenge for the week ending on 5/18/14

Milestones for the week ending on 5/18/14

Starting line
    Brandy-where are you?

10-miler :smile:
    Robin E (11.5 miles)
    12 miles=20K

½ marathon- 13.1 miles=22km

16 miles-Sprint Triathlon Level (you just complete the distance of a Sprint Triathlon):wink:
    Ushkil (18.47 miles)

Marathon club-26.2 miles=43km:laugh:
    Tlh (32.12 miles)
    Robin B (32.6)
    Little Shadow ( 29.32 miles)

33.93 Miles=Olympic distance triathlon level (51.5km) :happy:
    Hansea (46.51 miles)
    Damensah (43.38 miles)
    Tom (49.89 miles)
    L2T (56.25 miles)
    Kelly (61.27 miles)
    Skinnyjeanz (34 miles)
    JTconstant (39.99 miles)

63.86 Miles- ITU Long course Distance Triathlon:love:
    Nettie (69.7 miles)

70.3 miles- Half Ironman Distance Triathlon:flowerforyou:
    Lauriek (81.48 miles)
    Kaye (79.43 miles)
    Tanya (86.1 miles)
    Aimee (73.09 miles)
    P1nxy1xy (94.71 miles)

Century Club (100 miles)

Cheers you are doing a GREAT JOB with this challenge. :drinker: :drinker: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

AWESOME NEWS: :drinker: :drinker: We have completed 939.81 miles out of 1557 miles as of 5-18-14. 60% completed. The total miles includes the updated goals that a few people have submitted. :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Congrats to Tanya and P1nxy who have exceed their original goal as of 5-20. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @laurie-- I love the Blue Angels! I'm sure I've mentioned that my dad is a retired Navy Captain, so when we were kids we would always go to the air show on the naval base. Really enjoyed watching all of the planes, but the Blue Angels were always my favorite.

@robin--feel better! :flowerforyou:

@tanya & p1xy--impressive mileage! :drinker:

@jenn--sorry you are dealing with so much stress. You can't control what's going on with your husband's new position, but you CAN control your own life. I bet getting on track with your nutrition will make you feel better about everything and relieve some of your stress.

@ushkii--here's to shoes with traction! :drinker:

@kris--congrats on the new dog--that's so exciting! :happy:

@holly--so great to see you back! Congrats on meeting all of your goals. :drinker:

@kelley--we had an adaptive motion trainer at my old gym. I used it occasionally, but it wasn't my favorite cardio machine. It never bothered my knees, but I always felt like my motion was "jerky" and unnatural on it.

@L2T--I ascribe to the same philosophy as you when it comes to the scale. I try to remember to weigh every single morning regardless of what I've eaten the day before. I know some people like to "hide" the scale, but I know that wouldn't work for me. Plus, all of the research supports daily weighing--people who weigh every day tend to maintain healthier weights that those who don't. I know I teach literature, but I'm a scientist at heart as evidenced by my degrees--Bachelor of Science in psychology and Masters of Science in education. :laugh: I like it when hard research backs up my decisions.

Welcome to the newlings! :flowerforyou:

Tuesday Goals:
    Well, I took Friday, Sunday, and Monday off as far as logging food, so my first goal is to get back to that which I did today. I decided to just assume I broke even over those 3 days. Friday, I didn't eat particularly badly, but did have several cocktails. However, we were dancing quite a bit at the bar, so I think that probably burned off the excess. As far as Sunday and Monday, I bet they evened each other out. I ate quite a bit on Sunday, but only one meal on Monday--plus we did a lot of walking Monday.

As far as grading, I took today off of essays and just graded some paragraphs the juniors turned in yesterday, but tomorrow I am going to try to get going on the junior research papers. I have a dinner out in the evening right near school, so I might find someplace to go grade after school. Probably not starbucks b/c I don't want to run into students, but the little bar/restaurant we go to in town has wifi, so I might go there.

Grading Goals:
    1.x/52 Junior research papers

Exercise goals:
    Mon--walking in city DONE
    Tues--walk gunner + gym RAN OUTSIDE INSTEAD
    Wed--walk gunner
    Thurs--walk gunner + gym
    Fri--rest day
    Sat--walk gunner
    Sun--walk gunner + gym

Goal Mileage: 80 Miles
    5/19 = 3 miles
    5/20= 3 miles
    5/21= miles
    5/22= miles
    5/23= miles
    5/24= miles
    5/25= miles
    5/26 =miles
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Today was a rest day from walking. Calorie-wise it was a bad day to take a break. I'm afraid that I continue to be riding very close to the edge of the wagon. Haven't fallen off yet, so that's a good thing. Today when I went to vote, a friend who was working at the election said, 'Well, here comes half of Kaye.'
    Welcome to the new people. This is a great place for support.
    Onward and downward. Kaye
  • humbleheart
    humbleheart Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Trying to get back ! Been soooo slackin..........
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I feel really bad for not being as active on here lately. But it's a good thing. Instead of lounging on the couch in the morning spending time on here I have been outside in the gardens. I've been putting in 3-4 hours of work in the mornings before coming in to eat lunch and get ready for work. I am really enjoying my time outside.

I had a Fitbit mishap on Monday. I thought it was charged but it wasn't. In the morning I took one of my cats, Harvest Moon, in for her annual check up, I came home and worked in the gardens then headed out to the stables for my student's horse therapy lesson. We spent a lot of time walking around after the lesson. It was a really great to work in the community with my student rather than in his home. He did so well, I am so proud of him. After work I came home and played in the gardens for a bit then came in and cooked dinner. I also helped Brian carry our new BBQ grill from the driveway into the backyard so he can assemble it. I keep the app open on my phone so it automatically syncs. I didn't realize my Fitbit was dead until the following morning when I looked at the app to see how many miles I put in the previous day. :cry: I charged it while I was outside working in the gardens. So my mileage for Monday and Tuesday are very low. I am not too concerned about it because I know I have been doing fine on miles.

My Miles:
    5/1 - 3.41 miles
    5/2 - 3.74 miles
    5/3 - 6.92 miles
    5/4 - 2.13 miles
    5/5 - 4.73 miles
    5/6 - 5.64 miles
    5/7 - 4.39 miles
    5/8 - 3.28 miles
    5/9 - 2.91 miles
    5/10 - 4.53 miles
    5/11 - 4.47 miles
    5/12 - 4.08 miles
    5/13 - 3.1 miles
    5/14 -2.23 miles
    5/15 - 2.11 miles
    5/16 - 1.42 miles (laziest day ever!)
    5/17 - 3.24 miles
    5/18 - 7.37 miles
    5/19 - .79 miles (Fitbit died, should be more)
    5/20 - 2.54 miles (Fitbit charging, should be more)

Total: 73.03
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Tanya - GASP!!!! Never tried asparagus? You are missing out IMO. I love it. Be warned though, it gives you funky pee smell after you eat it. But it is so good!

Quinoa Pilaf with Peas and Asparagus -
    (4 servings)
    2 cups quinoa
    3 TBSP olive oil divided (2 tbsp for asparagus, 1 for shallot)
    1 medium shallot, peeled and minced
    1 medium clove garlic, peeled and minced
    2 cups vegetable broth, low-sodium if possible
    1/2 cup peas
    1 tbsp lemon juice
    2 tbsp minced parsley
    Salt and Pepper to taste
    1 pound asparagus, washed and trimmed, cut into 1 inch pieces
    2 additional garlic cloves peeled and chopped (for asparagus)
    Grated Parmesan

1) Rinse quinoa
    2) Add olive oil and shallot to sauce pan. Cook until tender (5 min)
    3) Add garlic and cook until fragrant (30 seconds)
    4) Add quinoa and broth. Bring to boil then reduce heat, cover and simmer until water is absorbed (20 min)
    5) Preheat oven to 425. (Do asparagus while quinoa is cooking)
    6) In bowl mix olive oil, garlic, asparagus, salt & pepper until covered. (Use as much S&P or as little as you like)
    7) Spread asparagus evenly on baking sheet in single layer
    8) Cook in oven for 8-10 minutes until tender.
    9) Remove quinoa from heat when ready, add peas, lemon juice, parsley. Stir,cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
    10) Scoop quinoa onto plate, top with asparagus and garnish with grated Parmesan.
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Good Morning.

Oh what a night! Zoe has this new game she plays at all hours—she stands on her hind legs on my hip or leg while trying to jump and catch the pulleys on the ceiling fan. And when she can’t catch it she gets angry and meows at it—she’s keeping me awake! I am so tired this morning. :yawn:

@Karen~Yes, I think that machine is rather jerky too—its supposed to be good for your joints but I imagine it wreaks havoc because of how jerky the movements can be. I’ll be staying off of it for a while.

@Jenn~Wow, I’m so sorry about the stressful time you and the hubs are going through right now. I hope things settle down soon. Not sure if it help you or not, but when I’m stressed I find exercise (or sitting in a sauna) helps to relieve it. If you can’t get your new phone to work or you’re missing stuff, you might go to the Verizon store they should be able to help restore anything that you can't access.

@Holly~Great choices yesterday, baby steps.

@Robin~I’m sorry you weren’t feeling well yesterday, I hope today is a better day.

@Laurie~I love the Blue Angels too, they’re here once or twice a year for air shows. Sounds like you had a great day off!

AFM~Saw my trainer last night, we did upper body only because of the pain in my leg from the AMT at the gym on Monday. He looked at my knee/leg and worked on it some, he determined I strained the anterior tibialis muscle—I was in terrible pain yesterday, spent the evening with ice on it and took some medication to help with pain/inflammation. It feels much better today; hopefully well enough for cardio later (provided I’m awake).

May Mileage:

5/1/14—3.11mi
    5/2/14—3.64mi
    5/3/14—1.92mi
    5/4/14—4.42mi
    5/5/14—2.89mi
    5/6/14—3.74mi
    5/7/14—3.15mi
    5/8/14—3.05mi
    5/9/14—3.50mi
    5/10/14—1.48mi
    5/11/14—4.62mi
    5/12/14—2.75mi
    5/13/14—3.18mi
    5/14/14—4.62mi
    5/15/14—3.62mi
    5/16/14—3.59mi
    5/17/14—1.95mi
    5/18/14—6.04mi
    5/19/14—5.28mi
    5/20/14—3.56mi

Total = 70.11 Miles

Have a great day!
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Good morning everybody.

520_zps4ab71ee9.jpg

“Movement is a medicine for creating change in a person’s physical, emotional, and mental states.” ~Carol Welch

Tom
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Laurie - Update for you. Will be back to post later.

5/17 = 1 mile
    5/18 = ½ mile
    5/19 = 1- ½ mile
    5/20 = 1 ½ mile
    5/21 = 1 mile
  • Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Just came back from a walk and boy is it HOT! Just a taste of what's to come.

May Mileage Goal: 100 miles

5/1 - 2 miles (class)
    5/2 - 5 miles (walk)
    5/3 - 3 miles (walk)
    5/4 - 3 miles (walk)
    5/5 - 4.25 miles (class plus 2.25 mile walk)
    5/6 - 3.75 miles (walk)
    5/7 - 2 miles (walk)
    5/8 - 3.50 miles (class plus 1.50 mile walk)
    5/9 - 2 miles (class)
    5/10 - 2.50 miles (walk)
    5/11 - 3.25 miles (walk)
    5/12 - 4 miles (class plus 2 mile walk)
    5/13 - 4.50 miles (walk)
    5/14 - 2 miles (class)
    5/15 - 2 miles (class)
    5/16 - 3 miles (walk)
    5/17 - 3 miles (walk)
    5/18 - 3.50 miles (walk)
    5/19 - 4 miles (class plus 2 mile walk)
    5/20 - 4.0 miles (walk)
    5/21 - 3.0 miles (walk)

Total Miles - 68.00
  • ushkii
    ushkii Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Wed Wish: Keep on walking and next month meet or excide my goal.

May Mileage Goal: 40 miles
    5/1 = 1.98
    5/2 = 0.86
    5/5 = 0.86
    5/6 = 1.67
    5/7 = 1.56
    5/8 = 1.74
    5/10 = 1.70
    5/11= 1.84
    5/13= 1.77
    5/14=1.64
    5/15= 1.82
    5/16= 1.03
    5/19= 1.08
    5/20= 1.67
    5/21= 1.85

Total = 23.07
  • Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Today was a rest day from walking. Calorie-wise it was a bad day to take a break. I'm afraid that I continue to be riding very close to the edge of the wagon. Haven't fallen off yet, so that's a good thing. Today when I went to vote, a friend who was working at the election said, 'Well, here comes half of Kaye.'
    Welcome to the new people. This is a great place for support.
    Onward and downward. Kaye

@kaye - Your friend's comment made me LOL. Don't you just love people who make the effort to recognize and celebrate what you've achieved!
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, my names Amanda. Is it okay if I join in on this? Seems like a nice group on this thread :flowerforyou:

I did not see any replys. It is ok for you to join this group, just start posting. It is a little strange how it works since it is not really a group just an on going thread ( on going for years now). These are the best people I have seen on MFP and can be a great help. So if you are still around welcome to Robins Thread! :drinker: