Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Reminders- This the last weekend of our June Challenge so make the most of it. So many people are closing in on meeting their goals and surpassing them. Keep up the good work.

Remember to update your miles throughout the weekend if possible or by Tuesday.

Nettie you are 1.4 miles from your goal!!
    Aimee- 8.1 miles to go
    Kelley you are 16.52 miles from your goal.

Many of you are very close to your goals within 20 miles so it is very doable for the last few days.
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

FOR NEWBIES ....................................PLEASE NOTE................................................................

- soon, we will soon come to the end of this current thread - every 20 pages (500 posts) we start a new Thread - you will see at the bottom in the last post on page 20 a sentence like this :

(<Continued at this topic >) and the words “this topic” will be in blue.

Click on that phrase and it will take you to the first post on our new page One.

Don't worry you WON'T GET LOST!

• grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Good evening, I had a very windy walk with Cathy and DH tonight. Nicole was doing a night fun run tonight. There is something about starting a walk at 9:30 that didn't appeal to me. My walk today was 3.88 miles. I'm definitely in for next month. I think that I will stick with 100 miles because we have some traveling scheduled for June and it may be harder for me to get in long walks.
    RobinB, I'll take the aunt. LOL
    Pixy, sorry your children are being difficult right now. I'm afraid it goes with the territory sometimes, but it is so worth the effort.
    Nicole was really happy today. She is the middle school librarian and an English teacher. She teaches 3 classes, mentors the Jr. Honor Society, and oversees the AR reading program in addition to her library duties. Today she had her end of year evaluation interview with her principal. She got top marks in at least one part of every area. In addition to that, the school showed huge improvement overall in their AR goals. She is already thinking of ways to make it even better next year. I'm really happy for her. She works very hard and really loves the kids.
    Have a great weekend. Onward and downward. Kaye
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    KAYE - that is quite a compliment for Nicole. She should be pleased, especially that the school overall showed improvement. Such an honor!.

LAURIE - thanks for watching out for the roll-over. I can take care of it from here. Or did you want to do the lead in so you could put in the specifics for the June Challenge?

Hugs, I'll stay on so let me know what you wish to do.:bigsmile:
  • RobinsEgg
    Options

FOR NEWBIES ....................................PLEASE NOTE................................................................

- soon, we will soon come to the end of this current thread - every 20 pages (500 posts) we start a new Thread - you will see at the bottom in the last post on page 20 a sentence like this :

Click on that phrase and it will take you to the first post on our new page One.

• RobinsEgg
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

:heart: :heart:
  • thyldburg
    thyldburg Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I need to lose 100+ , I've cracked the 50 lbs mark, and I can't afford to stop now.
  • RobinsEgg
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Welcome, Thydburg - I'm just rolling the thread over -please holdl your comments for about 5 minutes, OK? thanks, Robin

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
    (post #498) Enter your zip code here
  • RobinsEgg
    Options
    (post 499 - lost before roll- over) :heart: :heart:

- we've come to the end of this current thread - every 20 pages (500 posts) we start a new Thread - you will see at the bottom in the last post on page 20 a sentence like this :

• RobinsEgg
    Options
    post 500 - last post (if my count is right)

- the end of this current thread - every 20 pages (500 posts) we start a new Thread - you will see at the bottom in the last post on page 20 a sentence like this :

• RobinsEgg
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :happy: :happy: :heart: :heart:

Newbies, Welcome to our Thread! You can join us just by posting to this thread..... that's all there is to being a part of us.

GOALS and IDEAS for daily posts (Not mandatory)

Monday - Check In (how are you doing? Had any successes or struggles this week-end?)

Tuesday - Fitness Goals (How are your fitness goals fitting in with your life's reality?)

Wednesday - Wishes (what do you wish? It can be weight related or not, can be realistic or not)

Thursday - Truth (got anything you need to fess up to or get off your chest?)

Friday - Fitness Planning (what are you doing to get fit? How are you preparing for weekend eating? A great day to weigh yourself!

Saturday - Success (what have you accomplished; focus on the positive of the week, NSV=non scale victories)

Sunday - Sharing (tell us a little about yourself....update your personal life)

:bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • RobinsEgg
    Options
    ALL MEMBERS PLEASE NOTE: THERE ARE CHANGES TO THE TUESDAY AND FRIDAY GOALS. IF YOU HAVE ANY, PLEASE COMPLAIN TO THE VICE-PRESIDENT OR RECORDING SECRETARY AT THE ADDRESS PROVIDED TO YOU IN THE HAND-OUTS FROM COMIC-CON, SAN DIEGO, 2011.

Newbies-welcome. I'm so glad to see a newblie join us right before the roll-over. Hope you've clicked and followed us here! We're a great bunch of people and look forward to supporting you.

Laurie is member who has the guidelines for the currently running May Challenge, which is almost over, and the upcoming June Challenge. She may still be online and might post the info yet.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @kris--congrats on getting your new pup--how exciting! :heart:

@robinB--that zoo walk sounds like fun.

@robin & laurie--I'm definitely in for the June mileage challenge. I haven't done so great this month.Too many meetings, too much grading, too many social activities on the weekend--basically too many excuses. :blushing:

@kelley--sorry to hear about your thumb injury--hope the news from the doc is good.

Friday Fitness:
    I definitely have not gotten enough exercise this month. Overall, I've been able to walk gunner most days, but I think I've only run once in the past 2 weeks & and I seem to have forgotten how to get to the gym. :tongue: My plan is to find my way back this weekend. However, I have a double bachelorette party in the city tomorrow, and I have to take gunner for his annual check-up beforehand. Looks like Sunday.and Monday will be my days to work out.

Today was the last day of class for my seniors. They are the best group I've ever had, so a very bittersweet day. It didn't help that so many brought me cards and gifts, and were asking for hugs as they were leaving my room. Yes, these are 18 year old teenagers asking "Can I give you a hug?" :noway: Trust me, this is NOT the norm--most years they've already forgotten my name before they are halfway out the door, but this was just an exceptional senior class. I swear, I came really close to crying quite a few times throughout the day and am sad right now as I type this. :cry:

Grading Goals:
    1.4/52 Junior research papers
    2. 8/52 poetry journals

Exercise goals:
    Mon--walking in city DONE
    Tues--walk gunner + gym RAN OUTSIDE INSTEAD
    Wed--walk gunner NOT DONE
    Thurs--walk gunner DONE + gym NOT DONE
    Fri--rest day WALKED GUNNER
    Sat--walk gunner
    Sun--walk gunner + gym

Goal Mileage: 80 Miles
    5/19 = 3 miles
    5/20= 3 miles
    5/21= 0 miles
    5/22= 2 miles
    5/23= 1.5 miles
    5/24= miles
    5/25= miles
    5/26 =miles
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Friday Fitness: Definitely no fitness here, but I’m really going to start back this weekend. I actually really do miss it and the feeling of getting stronger. The weekend is going to be gorgeous, but hitting the 100’s. I may need to hit the gym instead, but that’s OK too. I thought about swimming some laps, but getting the gray out tomorrow so no chlorine for me.

Cyrus started with a pitching coach tonight. He’s always struggled with his size and everyone just assumes sports comes naturally, but it really doesn’t. He loves to play, but has to really work at it. I really enjoyed watching his lesson and the coach agreed he just hasn’t grown into his big body yet, but he did see the potential. I just want Cyrus to have fun, work hard, and get some exercise too.

@ Tom – Yum! Pizza Rock looks really good. Love good brick oven pizza plus from a 11-time WORLD Champion. Nice.

@ Ushkii – It can be tough, but I can’t use that as an excuse either. This is my life and I love my job, but I really have to control myself.

@ KarenL – Yard work was never my favorite. In Atlanta, I had a 1/2 acre lot and still had a yard boy. In Vegas, I’ve got this little patch of grass and then all desert landscape so no yard work for me. Woo Hoo!

@ Laurie – At least you’ve been exercising. I’ve been eating the crap too and NO exercise. Mine is totally stress related though. Of course, TOM is just around the corner so I may blame that too. I’ve got to get groceries and fill my house with healthy stuff, which is also part of the problem. No good choices and I scramble finding poor choices.

@ Karen – LOL!!! Yes, I saw it for myself. We were going to share our desserts and before I knew it that chocolate flourless was gone. Plus, we both downed our bubbling drinks so I can’t say too much. Glad you had a good dinner, but I know you will not be doing that again anytime soon. I know today was bittersweet, but your students are so fortunate to have such a dedicated teacher. Enjoy your summer, which is very well deserved.

@ Robin – I just hate that you’ve been battling for so long. I can’t even fathom what you’ve been going through this past year. I know you share it with us, but I just hate this for you. As far as being a hostess, Karen did take us on the scenic route (aka almost lost, but she got us there) to a very nice restaurant/brewery where we sat outside and enjoyed a yummy lunch. We just figured she was trying to increase our steps for the day. LOL!!!

@ Tanya – Soooo close!! I’m so proud of you and cannot wait to celebrate your journey into Onederland!!

@ Shadow – I get no walking, but sitting in front of a computer ALL day. I have to make myself get up and move. Thoughts to your DH and he gets the answers he needs. Also, sorry for the struggles with the boys. My son is starting to push some boundaries as well. It’s so hard to find that right balance.

@ L2T – Everyone loves having the day off, but unfortunately a lot of those same people don’t use that time to celebrate the real reason for the holiday. My dad fought in Vietnam and while he doesn’t talk much about it I’ve always made the effort to thank him. I was actually a celebration baby upon his return. I was born almost to the day of his return to the states.

@ Nettie – I guess when it rains it pours. Hopefully, some of these additional jobs will lead to full-time in the fall, which I know is your ultimate goal.

@ Kelly – I’m so glad you took the day off. With the conversion and your crazy schedule lately, you definitely deserve an extra long weekend. Good for you!! I’m so glad you’re getting to stay with your trainer. I know how much you’ve enjoyed working with him and now you can continue, which is awesome!
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,147 Member
    Options
    Just following along......

Lin
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Off in a few for long walk on the greenway with a friend and our dogs. I love the greenway early in the morning. It's like a walk in the country in the middle of the city. I hear we're going to do a mileage challenge again next month. I need to figure out a more doable number of miles including accounting for rest days instead of throwing out a number off the top of my head like I did for May. Yes, setting my goal at 100 has pushed me to do more, but it's also true it's stressed me out. My ankle has been sore all week and I just keep going because I'm incapable of quitting when I commit to doing something and I get competitive seeing the amazing mileage you all are reporting. Sigh, more personal flaws to work through. You'd think at age 56 I'd have done so already.

Have a great weekend and send up your thanks and prayers for all who have and are serving our country so we can live free.

May Mileage Goal: 100 miles

5/1 - 2 miles (class)
    5/2 - 5 miles (walk)
    5/3 - 3 miles (walk)
    5/4 - 3 miles (walk)
    5/5 - 4.25 miles (class plus 2.25 mile walk)
    5/6 - 3.75 miles (walk)
    5/7 - 2 miles (walk)
    5/8 - 3.50 miles (class plus 1.50 mile walk)
    5/9 - 2 miles (class)
    5/10 - 2.50 miles (walk)
    5/11 - 3.25 miles (walk)
    5/12 - 4 miles (class plus 2 mile walk)
    5/13 - 4.50 miles (walk)
    5/14 - 2 miles (class)
    5/15 - 2 miles (class)
    5/16 - 3 miles (walk)
    5/17 - 3 miles (walk)
    5/18 - 3.50 miles (walk)
    5/19 - 4 miles (class plus 2 mile walk)
    5/20 - 4.0 miles (walk)
    5/21 - 3.0 miles (walk)
    5/22 - 4.0 miles (class plus 2 mile walk)
    5/23 - 3.0 miles (walk)
    5/24 - 4.0 miles (walk)
    5/25 - REST DAY
    5/26 4.0 miles (walk)

Total Miles - 82.25
  • lmackbethl
    lmackbethl Posts: 156
    Options
    Bump! :drinker:
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Good morning all.

Karen-“Today was the last day of class for my seniors. They are the best group I've ever had” Here is to hoping you get to say that again next year!

Kelley- Best wishes for that thumb healing quickly.

Susan- I am going to try and get a trip to Pizza Rock today, so I’ll let you know what we thought of the place.

523_zps465cb8c2.jpg

Posting the group sheet again since it was on the last page of the last thread.
    f958233a-3606-407e-ba7e-b57e74c446bc_zpsa5aa990e.jpg

“The easier it is to do, the harder it is to change.” ~Eng’s Principle

Tom
  • naceto
    naceto Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    WOW! Look at those stats! Y'all are kickin some serious tushy! Way to go :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Here I am- Skipping in and out... I am sure that burns calories :tongue: I had a pretty rough and busy week- so didn't do so hot with logging BUT I didn't skip my trainer sessions (I wanted to) and I kept it mostly healthy (except the day when the vending machine chased me down and begged me to purchase salty and sugary snacks :ohwell: ).

My success this week - I got a well deserved and much needed massage. The gal that does my massages hadn't seen me in 9 months (I definitely noticed). She said that whatever my trainer was having me do was working- she said I was super toned up! Now if the gal who has me nekkid as a jaybird on her massage table notices something- I MUST be doing something right! :bigsmile:

Kelley- seriously OUCH. You don't really notice how much you need your thumbs until one of them is hurt. Feel better soon.