Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options

3M- I thought of you when I saw the picture below:laugh

Tom

I love it! I might have to make one for Shepherd Book.

I had an awful weekend.. the dog adoption turned into a major fiasco. As well as she got along with MowMow at the adoption event she was horrible to Book. She was always chasing him and snapping at him. She seemed smart and I have NO doubt that with some work she could learn to live peacefully with cats.....

However, on Saturday afternoon she got way TOO excited and grabbed MowMow. She was on the leash, but moved so fast I couldn't reel it in fast enough. She didn't do major damage but did break the skin. I felt bad, but called the rescue to come get her ASAP.

NO. ONE. HURTS. MOWMOW.

Mow is fine, he's limped a few times when he bumped it but it's healing nicely and he's enjoying the coddling he's getting.

Robin, happy birthday! I'm sorry that your insensitive siblings hurt you. If they can't see what a loving, amazing, wonderful woman you are and aren't scrambling to spend time with you then they deserve to miss out. There are plenty of us who appreciate you and love you.
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Skinny - a double bachelorette party has the promise of a wild time! Hope it was fun and that today you get your exercise in!
    Wow, your senior class really got attached to you this year - what an outpouring of love they gave you - and I'm sure your deserved every hug and gift and card you got! Gosh, sorry your year had to end on such an emotional note. Bittersweet is a good word to describe it.

Susan - restarting an exercise program is a great reminder for me too - I can't wait to do that. I do understand about chlorine and hair and the swimming pool. When I was doing my PT in the pool, I was always so careful not to get my hair wet. I have a cap but you just can't trust them! Hey thats great about Cyrus and a pitching coach. Isn't there a saying that a person has to repeat something 10,000 times to get good at something? I do believe that if you are an awkward person at sports you can overcome it with practice, so I think he will do great!
    :heart:
    LivesTT - come on now, you have personal flaws? At 56? No, I don't believe it :laugh: Seriously, you do need to rest that ankle! I am so impressed with your walking, but like you said, you need to schedule some rest days! Give yourself a break - you are way too hard on yourself - that's the only flaw I see!

Naceto - you come up with the best images - you made me laugh! (vending machine chasing you down!) :bigsmile: Good one! So you can only dart in and out when you can - approved!

Hansea - WOOT! :flowerforyou: CONGRATS on being 3 lbs.down! WONDERFUL!!!!

mzrubyredz - Welcome - happy to have you join us!

Kah - UGH -:noway: sorry your thumb is in bad shape and swollen - hard to get swelling out of small joints like that, and hard to heal when its ligaments or tendons. Being in a splint for two weeks must be SO frustrating. You find out everything about what you use both hands for at the same time, don't you. I do hope it heals fast and you get to bypass the MRI. Are you elevating it when you sleep by chance? Are you right or left handed and which hand is this on? :flowerforyou:

Robin B - it just blows my mind that you jumped into a 5K without any pre-planning and just went for it! I am so impressed with that kind of free spirit! :love: Wow and you made great time and then more walking at the zoo with Chelsea - that is so great! :drinker: Glad your Facebook friend won a medal.

Tanya - how great it is you are a cook and like veggies so much - altho I see your dilemma with protein. But it sounds like your doing well enough because your fitness level is going through the roof - congrats! :drinker:

Laurie - it sounds like you had a nice evening with your dad and your friend. Its great your mom had a night off. How has your dad been doing? Hey, sounds like you had a great swim and are progressing well. Keep it up - :flowerforyou: Thanks for leading the May and June Challenges! :love:

mackbeth - :flowerforyou: so glad you stopped by! I really miss you when you're not around! So happy to hear your stress filled job is ending soon! Will you start looking for property again with your friend? Hope to hear about it if you do!

jeanette - gorgeous floors - really showroom quality! I'd be picky like you and dust every day too! Just consider it part of your exercise routine and get some funky movements in! I do appreciate woodchucks too - I think they are so prehistoric actually, they just seemed to appear and disappear around my old neighborhood when there were big yards. I think they like to make homes in the side of hills, at least thats what I have observed.

Thank you for your comments in the prior thread support my job search and defending my speech difficulties. I do know my friend didn't mean to hurt anyone with her choice of words, just trying to convey to me where I stood on a scale of hearing comprehension. Anyway, the more I thought about office work, I realized that I could NOT TALK for even 4 hours without wearing out my voice. I can barely talk for even 2 hours now without ending up really fatigued vocally. So, I still have a long way to go. I hope to see a speech therapist in the future.

Tom - I loved the quote under the yummy pizza pictures about starting now and not waiting to start when the conditions are right. So true.

Damensha - wonderful post. Thank you for the salute to our soldiers and families. They deserve to be honored now and throughout the year!

Skinny - OK - great to read your report on your bachelorette party - glad you survived it - with a lot of common sense - walking and dancing too!
    Yeah, families can be really odd. Not attending a family funeral strikes me as totally a lack of respect, but its done all the time. I'm the type of person that still dresses up in black to attend a funeral, and I seem like the odd person out now the way most people dress so casuallly. I guess I'm an old fogie! :noway:

mackbeth - I just read your second post -wow the stress sounds awful and I'm glad your not considering going back next fall. Gaining stress weight sounds inevitable. Good plan waiting to weigh yourself until after your life evens out. That makes good sense. I wish you the best of luck in finding the perfect part time job this summer and next fall, so that things are much better for you. You're a great person with a big heart and deserve a better life.
    As far as the June challenge goes, you could try and time your open swims, and count each 20 min as one mile or do a more accurate timed swim with a friend monitoring you over several miles and average it out. :heart:

JNettie - Harvest Moon is adorable!

Tom, Tom, Tom - I'm still laughing over the cat picture! But also thanks for the Patriotic Banner - much appreciated!
  • RobinsEgg
    Options
    MowMow - sorry the older dog didn't like Mow and attacked him. I'd have done the same as you. Theres a certain line in the sand that can't be crossed ever. I once tried to adopt a mini - Dobie - it was adorable, but I forgot how tender my skin is and the dog's tiny nails shredded my skin and I bled every time it jumped into my arms. It was simply not to be. Fate sometimes makes decisions for us.
    :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Poor MowMow. Glad he is Ok. And, poor dog now looking for another new home. I blame the rescue folks for doing a lousy job of screening the dog for suitability of living with cats. Hope he finds the right home and you find a dog that's the right fit for you and MowMow.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    I blame the rescue folks for doing a lousy job of screening the dog for suitability of living with cats.

It wasn't their fault. I took MowMow WITH me to the adoption event. He approved the adoption. He and Gidget (the dog) sniffed noses and she let MowMow face mash her. She isn't cat aggressive, she just have a very high prey drive (she's a Chihuahua and RAT TERRIER). Any sudden movement from any animal would set her off. That's her job. In a home with more room (as compared to my tiny apartment) and time she'll learn to leave cats alone. I'm just not putting *MY* cats through that stress. They are Mama's boys. Both of them.
  • p1xyn1xy
    p1xyn1xy Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    May 1 3.70 miles
    May 2 4.48
    May 3 5.00
    May 4 5.01
    May 5 6.06
    May 6 5.18
    May 7 3.48
    May 8 4.83
    May 9 7.88
    May10 5.08
    May11 6.39
    May12 6.25
    May13 7.68
    May14 4.61
    May15 6.40
    May16 8.04
    May17 3.41
    May18 2.92
    May19 5.86
    May20 7.00
    May21 6.21
    May22 4.82
    May23 7.15
    May24 3.10
    May25 7.58
    May total so far (I think): 136.43

Happy Birthday Robin!!! Sorry about your family. My family is not close either.... but Wow! It's a good thing you have such great friends!

Nettie the floors look great!!!

So the kids and I did the 5km on Sunday. They were troopers till the last km but they did it!!!!! I'm so proud of them. I probably could of done it by myself faster but I enjoyed the company. :love: They want to only do the 2.5k next time.... I told them we need to get more exercise so that the distance doesn't bother them so much. :laugh: Then I went garage saling. I found a Columbia winter jacket in mint condition for my son for next winter for $20. Anyway ttyl!
  • CCSunlight
    CCSunlight Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Kate and I'm currently right about 250lbs and trying to get down to 150lbs and would love to get mutual support with you all! I've gone on and off MFP over the years, and have always had great success when sticking with it!

So to check in, after one week of getting back in track I've lost almost 4 lbs, and I'm hoping my body doesn't figure out what's happening and stall quite yet!
    :heart: :heart: :happy: :happy: :heart: :heart:

Newbies, Welcome to our Thread! You can join us just by posting to this thread..... that's all there is to being a part of us.

GOALS and IDEAS for daily posts (Not mandatory)

Monday - Check In (how are you doing? Had any successes or struggles this week-end?)

Tuesday - Fitness Goals (How are your fitness goals fitting in with your life's reality?)

Wednesday - Wishes (what do you wish? It can be weight related or not, can be realistic or not)

Thursday - Truth (got anything you need to fess up to or get off your chest?)

Friday - Fitness Planning (what are you doing to get fit? How are you preparing for weekend eating? A great day to weigh yourself!

Saturday - Success (what have you accomplished; focus on the positive of the week, NSV=non scale victories)

Sunday - Sharing (tell us a little about yourself....update your personal life)

:bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • Lives2Travel
    Options
    I blame the rescue folks for doing a lousy job of screening the dog for suitability of living with cats.

It wasn't their fault. I took MowMow WITH me to the adoption event. He approved the adoption. He and Gidget (the dog) sniffed noses and she let MowMow face mash her. She isn't cat aggressive, she just have a very high prey drive (she's a Chihuahua and RAT TERRIER). Any sudden movement from any animal would set her off. That's her job. In a home with more room (as compared to my tiny apartment) and time she'll learn to leave cats alone. I'm just not putting *MY* cats through that stress. They are Mama's boys. Both of them.

The rescue should have done a thorough evaluation including the test for prey drive. It's absurd that they allowed a cat ( even one as smart as MowMow) to decide if it was a good match. They failed. Not the dog. Not you. And certainly not MowMow.
  • Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Mileage

May 25: 2.9 miles
    May 26: 5.6 miles

137.7 miles (if my math is correct LOL )
  • hansea47
    hansea47 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    :yawn: Feeling like I've been outside all day....oh, that's because I pretty much WAS outside all day. :wink:

My husband is part of a committee at church to raise funds to build a new middle school. They had two events this weekend...the first was Mass and dinner with the bishop on Sunday night. It went very well, and they raised quite a bit with the dinner tickets. The second event was a mini-carnival after the Memorial Day Parade. I'm pretty proud of my husband and the committee and all the hard work they put into everything. We had a pretty good sized crowd at the carnival and the kids had a blast! Dunk tank...10 different kiddie games....face painting....clown who made balloon animals....a dj and dancing...a bounce house....hot dogs, and cotton candy...oh my! :happy: It was so fun for everyone, they're talking about making it an annual event.

So, between walking to and from the church, standing around watching the parade and hanging out at the carnival, and cleaning up after the carnival, I got a lot of fresh air.

Time to vegetate.....except I do have to get the kitchen cleaned up and pack lunches for tomorrow and all that jazz. :tongue: :yawn:

5/25: Rest Day
    5/26: 2.64 miles completed!

I believe that brings me past my goal of 66.5 miles this month, and I still have 5 days to go! Definitely going to have to kick it up a notch for my June goal.
  • Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Robin: Hope you had a very Happy Birthday! I am so very sorry your siblings feel the way they do. I am not especially close to my sisters, but would always make ( and have done so) time to see them. I love your spirit. Through all your painful health issues and now your family issue, you continue to have an upbeat positive attitude and support and cheer us all on. I truly admire you and thank you for that.

Nettie: I LOVE your floors. They are beautiful. Ism also trying to picture your gardens and back yard. It sounds so serene and peaceful backing onto the woods. Are you going to get back to your runs?

Tom: that pizza looked so good! I'm guessing you take the clams out of the shells and put them on the slice before you eat it ? LOL I'm not sure why they would leave them in the shell! Must be for presentation or something. :laugh:

I will get to more personals tomorrow, I'm on ipad tonight.

AFM... Today I was doing my W5D2 run on a country rail trail I've been using the past few weeks. As I passed 2 men on bikes, they said hello, and I'm pretty sure the one behind said "good job" :blushing: I don't recall if I've seen them before or not, so I don't know how he would know I'm a new runner. Maybe it was the sweat pouring off me and the beet red face, or that runners aren't usually as big as me. I ran a 6.5 or 7 and 10 min interval with a 3 min walk in between (app cut out so I had to adjust) and my pace after the 2nd run was 7.2min/km, which is about a 36 min 5k. I'm not concerned about speed right now but was surprised by that time.
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Macbeth- It is great to see you back. Sorry, to hear that your life has been so stressful for you. What happened to the farm in Vermont and are you still working on it? Regarding tracking the miles for hiking do you have a smart phone? If so then there are many apps that will track miles and calories for you and they are free. Swimming is more difficult what you can do is set a time frame and call that a mile. It may be that 1 miles= x minutes. I know you will get faster the more you swim so you can adjust accordingly. Even through I swim in a pool, I will use time to determine miles instead of adding up the laps because I lose count so easily. GPS watches don’t work well in the water because they keep losing the signal.

Nettie- When thinning the daffodils, leave them out of the ground to dry before transplanting to the back yard. Then you can plant them in the fall. I really don’t know how much more I want to lose but most likely about 30-40lbs. I would like to get to 150’s I think. You will be ready for NYC.

P1nxy-You are correct 136.43 miles. Only 13.57 miles to go until you reach 150 miles. Very doable with the miles you are racking up.

Tanya- I just went back to the beginning and checked your numbers, I have a total of 137.5 miles for you. Sorry, I am not sure where the .2 miles are missing. If you figure it out, let me know and I will update the numbers. Great comment from the guys on the bike and a wonderful pace as well.

Hansea- I currently have you at 66.2 miles but I will double check your numbers as well. Here are the weekly totals I have for you- Let me know if you have something different.
    Week 1-9.99 miles, week 2-17.9 week 3 18.62, week 4- 17.05, week 5 -2.64
    Just check your totals for each week and let me know where I am off in numbers and send that week again. It will be found and fixed.

Robin- Happy Birthday- Hope you had a wonderful day.

CCSunlight- welcome. You will find great support here especially if you check in often.

MOW- Sorry the dog adaptation did not go as planned, maybe you will find a different combination of dog that works better with the cats. Cats do rule. The pictures are priceless.

Monday check in – It has been a productive weekend to a point. Today, I went for 27.26 mile bike ride, which was a mile longer than I thought. It was getting hot outside, so My friend and I have decided that we will do the ride earlier in the morning from now on, she can’t take the heat. We made sure that we stayed hydrated but the heat and humidity got to her today. This will be a busy week but I hope to reach 150 miles by the end.

Sunday-trimming .5 mile done
    Monday- Bike ride 27.26 miles DONE
    Tuesday- Trainer plus run (2 miles plus)
    Wednesday- Rest- after work meeting
    Thursday-Rest after work meeting then school play very long day
    Friday- Climbing 1 mile
    Saturday- Swimming
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! :flowerforyou:

@laurie--what great mileage on the bike for you! I'm sure you'll make your mileage goal. It was very hot and humid here as well today. I took gunner for his walks early and late, rather than the middle of the day. The heat really gets to him quickly now that he's getting older.

@tanya--They may not have realized you're a new runner. I've found other runners and cyclists are always very friendly and encouraging. It's like they know how hard it is b/c they do it too, so I hear "good job" and "keep going" all the time from other athletes on the road. Congrats on such a great pace! :drinker:

@hansea--sounds like a fun and active day. Congrats on meeting your goal 5 days early! :drinker:

@kate--welcome! :flowerforyou: I also started at just under 250. :smile:

@p1xy--awesome mileage and great job on the 5k with the kids!

@robin--yeah this senior class was just so special--friendly, smart, and just all-around great kids. I will see some this week while supervising finals, or as they drop off final essays to me, but I already miss them. It's weird knowing I will go to school tomorrow and not see their smiling faces. I had all 3 of my senior classes in the morning, so they really set the tone for my day. I'm the same way about dressing in black, or at least somber colors, and dressing up for wakes and funerals. I remember some of my cousins showing up to my grandmother's wake in cargo shorts and t-shirts--I was appalled, but at least they came.

@kris--sorry the adoption didn't go well. Poor Mow. :cry: Glad he's okay, but how scary for you!

@tom--great mileage for you as well! :drinker: I loved both of the pics--I've seen that cat pic on FB and it's so cute. There's also a youtube video of a cat in a shark suit riding on a roomba. It's hilarious! :laugh: Here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLt5rBfNucc

@nettie--love the pic of Harvest Moon! Thanks for commiserating about being "stuck"--and I wish it were just for a month--I've been stuck in the 180s for a year! Well, actually I was fluctuating up into the low 190s for a awhile last year, so I guess I should be thankful I'm back down in the mid-180s. My big goal this summer is to break into the 170s. I was 183 on the scale for a few days in a row about a week ago, and even with all of the festivities lately, my highest weight this past week has been 187. So I know it's not far off, I just need to buckle down a get there. Like you, I know there is more I could be doing. I also hadn't been weighing b/c my scale batteries died and I kept forgetting to buy more. I remedied that yesterday, so no more excuses. I also need to work out more--and specifically do more strength and core work. I haven't been to the gym in weeks due to meetings, grading, social events, but I could still do my core work at home. Have I? Nope. :blushing: I still have a lot of grading left, but I'm going to make sure I get to the gym this week.

@beth--I'm also curious about the farm plans. Also, I' don't know if you read that susan, laurie, and I are coming to NYC in Sept for the Tunnel to Tower 5k. Nettie and gorilla are also doing the run, and kelley was a "maybe" a while back (though I'm not sure if that's changed). Any chance you could join us for that?

Monday Check-in:
    A very productive day today. I got gunner's walk out of the way early, and was thinking of going to the gym. Then I looked at how long my grass was and decided to get the lawn mowed before storms rolled in for the next couple of days. That took most of the morning, and then I graded for a bit this afternoon.

Tonight I'm watching my Blackhawks get their a$$es handed to them by the Kings. :grumble: :cry:

Grading Goals:
    1.11/52 Junior research papers

Exercise goals:
    Mon--walk gunner DONE + yard work DONE
    Tues--walk gunner + gym
    Wed--walk gunner
    Thurs--walk gunner + gym
    Fri--rest day
    Sat--Animal House Shelter 5k
    Sun--walk gunner + gym

Goal Mileage: 80 Miles
    5/19 = 3 miles
    5/20= 3 miles
    5/21= 0 miles
    5/22= 2 miles
    5/23= 1.5 miles
    5/24= 0 miles
    5/25= 4 miles
    5/26 = 3 miles
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Good evening, it has been a fun day. Nicole, Cathy, Amy, and my dil Niki took me shopping and out to lunch. I loved being able to pick the size 12 off the rack and have it fit. I got 4 cute shirts and a swimsuit. Cathy has talked me into going to the local pool with her for water aerobics at 7a.m. It is an open air pool, only open during the summer. Tomorrow is opening day. I have a real fear of water, but I will be okay as long as they keep to the shallow end.
    It sounds like it was a good long weekend.
    Mileage for today: 3.05 miles
    Onward and downward. Kaye
  • GodsJewel40
    GodsJewel40 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Awesome Group, Thank you for having it ....... I need to lose 170lbs , it is a journey
  • Lives2Travel
    Options
    May Mileage Goal: 100 miles

5/1 - 2 miles (class)
    5/2 - 5 miles (walk)
    5/3 - 3 miles (walk)
    5/4 - 3 miles (walk)
    5/5 - 4.25 miles (class plus 2.25 mile walk)
    5/6 - 3.75 miles (walk)
    5/7 - 2 miles (walk)
    5/8 - 3.50 miles (class plus 1.50 mile walk)
    5/9 - 2 miles (class)
    5/10 - 2.50 miles (walk)
    5/11 - 3.25 miles (walk)
    5/12 - 4 miles (class plus 2 mile walk)
    5/13 - 4.50 miles (walk)
    5/14 - 2 miles (class)
    5/15 - 2 miles (class)
    5/16 - 3 miles (walk)
    5/17 - 3 miles (walk)
    5/18 - 3.50 miles (walk)
    5/19 - 4 miles (class plus 2 mile walk)
    5/20 - 4.0 miles (walk)
    5/21 - 3.0 miles (walk)
    5/22 - 4.0 miles (class plus 2 mile walk)
    5/23 - 3.0 miles (walk)
    5/24 - 4.5 miles (walk)
    5/25 - 4.0 miles (walk)
    5/26 - 4.0 miles (walk)
    5/27 - 2.75 miles (walk)

Total Miles - 89.50
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    I forget how fast this thread moves.....Hope everyone had a nice holiday weekend. It was a little of a set back for me food wise but back in the saddle today. I hung out with a friend helping her with her yard work, I pulled weeds and planted flowers in my own yard, Riley (my pup) and I walked and played.
  • RobinsEgg
    Options
    I am so happy for those of you who are losing weight! I am SO frustrated wtih myself however. I am trying hard not to blame myself, but I got on the scale after one week and found I had gained 7 - yes! - 7 pounds! I know I am on increased steroids and I had cake and ice cream 2 days in a row! - but that number just blew me away and I also could feel it in my clothes so it was a very real increase! :grumble: :explode: Also got 2 very blunt remarks from strangers about the bruising on my arms being gross.

So I went shopping for long sleeved summer blouses. I asked my sister and she said my arms are really shocking if youre a stranger to me because they are black and blue all over (again, another streroid side effect) and short sleeves are not very flattering to me. Well, you can't find any LS shirts in the summer, but I did find 2, 3/4 length sleeve tops and 1 pair of capri's - all in my old size of 3x. Darn it, last summer I was down to a 1x and sent all my 3x clothes to the Goodwill. It certainly has been a frustrating health year.
    Steroids I hate you. :sad: :sad:
  • Garetie
    Garetie Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    bump :flowerforyou: