Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Good Morning. It was a really busy day with month-end at work yesterday, so didn’t have a chance to check-in.

@Tanya~Happy Birthday, I hope it was great! :flowerforyou:

@p1xyn1xy~Yes, I should receive full mobility back in my thumb; however, it’s a three month recovery. I suppose it depends on how he needs to repair it, it will need extra reinforcement if the ligament has fully ruptured (which he suspects). He wanted me to have an MRI to confirm that, but I’m a big ole wuss when it comes to confined spaces (even though I can get them free at work)! :embarassed:

@Holly~Glad to hear your son is graduating, I know it’s been touch and go. Does he have post-high school plans?

@Kris~Just think, you’re walking miles around the couch potatoes! :wink:

@Laurie~I’ve been eating more sweets than usual too, not sure why—stress maybe. I’ve definitely been more complacent in recent weeks, trying to turn that around this week.

@Fera~Safe travels, enjoy the time with your extended family.

@L2T~I’m so sorry for your head cold, and in the summer—I’m glad you’re feeling better.

@Tom~You know I did! Love that Maine Coon! :laugh:

@Robin~Hooray, glad you have been released for more activity! Remember to ease back in...

@Tammy~Poor Zeus and the cone of shame! I bet he still finds ways to get into trouble though. :wink:

AFM~I think maybe I broke through a plateau, I’ve been losing and gaining the same 5# for over a month now—this morning I was down 6#, so maybe it finally broke. I hope so! Saw my trainer last night, I’m lucky he has a background in physical therapy—we’re able to work around my thumb injury. Tonight I plan on the gym for some cardio.

For the dog lovers, spoke with my uncle over the weekend and he’s adopted a Great Pyrenees who he has named Dudley (as in Do-right)! :laugh: He texted me a pic yesterday next to his big brother, the cutest thing ever—going to be huge though!

June Mileage:

6/1/14—2.25mi
    6/2/14—3.92mi
    6/3/14—3.69mi

Total: 9.86 Miles
  • Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Survived my walk in the heat. For everyone who uses MayMyWalk, I discovered if you go to the website (as opposed to the app), select your dashboard and calendar view, it gives you a monthly mileage total. And you can add workouts from things like a class or FitBit steps to the calendar. What a helpful feature!

June Mileage Goal: 80 miles

So far: 6.75 miles
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    So many great accomplishments here. I will just say BUMP and revisit when I feel worthy.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Well, I've gotten through a bit of everything on my list. I thought shredding my old tests would allow them to be recycled without compromising the content. Students pick up recycling each week and it would be way too easy for them to just snag complete tests out of the bin. But if I throw them in the garbage to protect the content, they don't get recycled. I thought a good compromise was to shred them--it takes some of my time, but it's for the environment--right? However, I found out today that the garbage bags from the shredders just get thrown in the regular trash. :ohwell: I can just toss the tests into the garbage without shredding them, so that was a complete waste of time. :grumble:

Work goals:
    1. check for books in classrooms to finish organizing book rooms
    2. organize AP binders ALMOST DONE (ran out of sheet protectors)
    3. file stack of papers on my desk DONE
    4. shred old AP exams DONE

Exercise goals:
    Mon--walk gunner DONE + gym DONE
    Tues--walk gunner DONE + mow lawn DONE
    Wed--walk gunner
    Thurs--walk gunner + gym
    Fri--rest day
    Sat--walk gunner + Relay for Life (overnight)
    Sun--walk gunner

30-day Ab Challenge: Days completed: 2/30

Goal Mileage: 80 Miles

6/1 = 3 miles
    6/2 = 5 miles
    6/3 = 3 miles
    6/4 = miles
    6/5 = miles
    6/6 = miles
    6/7 = miles
  • PaintedCavalry
    Options
    @painted--isn't it amazing how much school costs! I maxed out my pay lane a couple of years ago after 10 years of graduate classes, and I can't tell you what a huge difference it made in my day to day living once I didn't have to pay for school. We had been paycheck to paycheck for so long that I actually thought something was wrong when I actually had money left over after paying the bills. I kept checking to see that I wasn't forgetting something--but no, it was just not having to pay for grad school that made such a difference. I don't even miss the tax break.

It's ridiculous. Just my 3 summer classes without books and materials was $2020. THREE classes.... And I go to a public state college, so it's not like I'm paying for a special school or anything. It takes a lot of work for me to make my school schedule revolve around my work schedule.

Then as soon as I pay for fall, it'll be spring semester and I'll need to pay for it. Then summer. Then I'll be done and have to start paying on the loans I do already have. When you go part-time I've discovered there are very very few scholarships. Now I'm going full-time, but the decision wasn't made until after the scholarship deadlines.
  • karak80
    karak80 Posts: 19
    Options
    Hi all! I'm new here. My name is Kara and I have 100+ pounds to lose. I started back in January and lost 18 pounds by April. I have had a slight setback in late April/May and have gained some of that back. I'm having a bit of trouble getting back on course and need all the support I can get :smile: . Feel free to add me if you'd like. I'm still playing catch up on all the posts but will get right on that!

I hope you're all having a great Wednesday!

K
  • ushkii
    ushkii Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    WOW you guys really rock the miles last month! I did not reach my goal but got 31.31 miles, most likely the most I have walked in a month in 20 years. I am up for May walking log. I use MapMyWalk and like someone said it keep a daily, weekly, and monthly total so it is easy to report here.

June walking goal 40 miles.
    6/2 = 2.23
    6/3 = 0.85
    6/4 = 1.67

Total = 4.74
  • hansea47
    hansea47 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Argh! Just lost a long post! :grumble:
  • mzfrizz15
    mzfrizz15 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    @Lauriek70 - I'll lump in the last couple days in June with the first week of July, so just 20 miles for June, please. :smile:

My Wednesday wish: I wish my feet would hurry up and go back to normal. At least I'm able to tolerate walking with my new shoe inserts. Without them, all bets are off. :grumble:
  • Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the warm birthday wishes, it was a normal work day for me with a run afterwards then a treat of chocolate covered almonds (without guilt!)

@uskii: I use the Map My Run app (upgraded from the Map My Walk app now that I'm running... though they both do the same thing) and I checked out the online site. I love that the dashboard has a tally of mileage. It's going to make keeping track so much easier for me. And more walking than in the past 20 years? Awesome!! That's such a huge accomplishment, and hopefully a lifestyle change. Keep it up, I'd love for you to reach that 40 mile goal this month.

@painted: I'm so glad I don't have school loans to pay and that I don't have to go to school any more! I took my nursing course and a few others right out of high school, back when they gave out grants quite liberally. So I managed to use that and what I had saved working for a few summers in high school to complete my nursing diploma. I was an RN for 6 years before changing career paths to my current occupation at Canada Post. I must say I love working outside as opposed to being stuck inside for 12 hour shifts. Both are actually quite tough jobs in their own ways.

@kah: congrats on breaking through that plateau!! I had the same 3-4 lb fluctuation last month, but when I actually looked back at my weight on May 1st, it was 6 lbs higher than this morning. I weigh every day, so I think the fluctuations are throwing me off the real picture. I must remember to go back and check a month before to see the real change even though I see up-down-up-down-up-up-down etc. from day to day. And I hope surgery goes well with your thumb. Are you off work, or can you work with out it? LOL I couldn't work with out my thumbs as I handle mail all day. Now that would be a nice summer off. :tongue:

Lives: glad you survived the heat. It really wears me out as I get older. When I was young I craved the hot humid days, now... not so much. Thanks for the info on the MMW website... I use Map My Run now (same thing) and am excited to have the mileage tallied for me. It is quite a cool feature, I was only using the app on my phone before.

Skinny: oh dear, all that shredding only to be tossed out in the garbage. I'd be a little ticked off to have wasted all that time.

AFM: yesterday I did not log any food, being it was my birthday I thought I'd give myself a rest day from MFP. No logging, I bought breakfast out instead of cooking my eggs, bought dinner, went for a run, had some dessert.. Overall though, I was still mindful of approximately how many calories were going in, still made a healthy lunch and brought healthy snacks. Its starting to stick, which is exactly what I want at this point. I didn't log today either, but ate pretty healthy. I did splurge on a dairy queen blizzard (bought a medium even though I knew I only needed a small)-- that's my biggest challenge these days, buying smaller portion sizes.. I'm OK at home but when out I still opt for the bigger size. Need to work on that. So I think I'm eating near maintenance today, though I'm constantly hungry it seems. And I took a nap after work for the first time in a few years. It's just a recharging few days I guess. I've been down to new lows on the scale the past 2 days :noway: and am very curious to see what it says tomorrow. (When I eat more, exercise less, the scale goes down)

June goal: 25 miles (running only)

6/1: 1.9 miles
    6/3: 2 miles

Total:
    3.9 miles
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Evening!

Mileage

6/1 - 0
    6/2 - .75 miles
    6/3 - .75
    6/4 - 2.6

4.1 / 45
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Milestones for the week ending on 5/31/14

Trophy1_zps6496b078.gif
    Starting line

graphics-walking-405043_zpsef606c3d.gif

22 Mile club
    Robin E (22 miles)
    Shoe_first_place_zps22b93cf1.gif

Marathon club-26.2 miles=43km
    Ushkil (31.31 miles)

graphics-walking-046875_zpse16be555.gif

33.93 Miles=Olympic distance triathlon level (51.5km)
    Little Shadow (35.32 miles)

bike101_zps694b262b.gif

50 miles- half century
    Tlh (50.01 miles)
    Robin B (60.17 miles)
    Skinnyjeanz (62.5 miles)

smiley-with-gold-medal-emoticon_zpsfb2a0043.gif

70.3 miles- Half Ironman Distance Triathlon
    JT constant (79.77 miles)

Koala_first_place_zps72115c5f.gif

85 miles
    Damensaha (84.97 miles)
    Tom (87.88 miles)
    Hansea47 (89.74 miles)

s039.gif
    Century Club (100 miles)
    Lives to travel 105.25 miles)
    Kah (105.66 miles)
    Nettie (106.45 miles)

s022.gif
    atleta12_zpsbb334f58.gif

120 miles Club
    Kaye (134.3 miles)

0008z.gif

Full Ironman (140.6 miles)
    Aimee (142.33 miles)

11949858161540683653hotel_icon_swimming_poo_01_svg_med_zpsc0c33498.png
    bike146_zpsd813f476.gif
    Koala_first_place_zps72115c5f.gif

Exercise Beast (150 miles)
    LaurieK (151.34 miles)
    Tanya (155.7 miles)
    P1nxy (168.26 miles)

s015.gif
    happy-dance.gif

Congratulations on reaching your goal and pushing yourself to met this challenge. We have all succeeded in this challenge and have overcome many obstacles along the way.

Total Miles completed for May 1663.96. Goal of 1557 exceeded by 127.46 miles
    Week of May 6 had the highest number of exercise miles with over 400 miles completed.

13 People met or exceeded their goals. medal_zpsfc207ec3.gif

We have gone further in May than we ever thought possible. Congratulations on achieving your goals and getting more active.
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Tom- Thank you for the links to the animations, they were perfect.

L2T- Please post your daily miles. It will be less confusing for me when recording the data and reduces the chances of a mistake when I do the math. I am still doing the daily spreadsheet.

Wish-That I am not getting a sinus infection. The weather has been crazy and the pollen count is back up, therefore today my sinuses have been flaring up. I don't want to get sick right now.

Mileage has been update for June. You still have time to join in our challenge for June.

Rules- Select a mileage goal
    Post the goal
    Post the daily exercise miles and rest days

Our week will run Saturday through Sunday, so status updates will occur around Tuesday or Wednesday so everyone can record the weekend miles.

Have a great day and Happy Hump Day.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @laurie--thanks for the totals for May--they look great! Don't get sick!!

Wednesday Wish:
    That I could get my head back in this game. I'm already over by a couple hundred calories for the month. Not sure why I can't get it into my head that I will be in a swimsuit in just a few weeks! :noway: I'm actually planning to go swimsuit shopping on Sunday--if that doesn't snap me back to reality, nothing will! :laugh:

Work goals:
    1. check for books in classrooms to finish organizing book rooms
    2. organize AP binders ALMOST DONE (ran out of sheet protectors)

Exercise goals:
    Mon--walk gunner DONE + gym DONE
    Tues--walk gunner DONE + mow lawn DONE
    Wed--walk gunner DONE
    Thurs--walk gunner + gym
    Fri--rest day
    Sat--walk gunner + Relay for Life (overnight)
    Sun--walk gunner

30-day Ab Challenge: Days completed: 4/30

Goal Mileage: 80 Miles

6/1 = 3 miles
    6/2 = 5 miles
    6/3 = 3 miles
    6/4 = 1.5 miles
    6/5 = miles
    6/6 = miles
    6/7 = miles
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Mileage for today: 5.0
    I'm really excited. I finally signed up for a 5k walk. Cathy, Amy, and my DIL Niki are walking it with me. Nicole is running the half marathon. She's the youngest and has been running for about 4 years. I'm just excited to be walking my first one at age 70. There could be a story there.
    Thanks so much for keeping track of our mileage. It was an awesome month. I love the idea of keeping track of our mileage. Can hardly wait to see how we do in June.
    Wednesday wish: I wish I hadn't pulled that bag of chocolate chip cookies out of the freezer.
    Onward and downward. Kaye
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Popping in to say even though I spent from 10am to 8:30pm in a car... I managed 1.8 miles today. Walked a bit before we left, and we walked over to the restaurant and back to get dinner. Using the stairs in the hotel, too!

Tomorrow morning we'll wander around the hotel and find the various places we're supposed to be and when over the next few days.

If hubby leaves his computer unattended again during the trip, I'll drop in and update with miles. :)
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Wednesday Wish: I have to say I got it. I wished that my house would be ready for company and after some yelling, prodding and working my tush off, it was! Jacob is learning what it means to clean his room (which is not push everything on the other side of his bed that he thinks his mother can't see). He used to be pretty good at it but this pre-teen stuff.... :sad: Once he got into the mood, he did quite well but man, getting him there was hard work. Emma is my little cleaning buddy -- always willing to take on another task (she was mopping and cleaning the bathroom today -- not bad for the age of 7).

Emma and I were out the door on time to get the van washed and vacuumed and to he last day of VBS on time. My son wanted to cook tacos for supper so when my MIL got there, she helped him brown the hamburger. We had a nice visit but they were tired after a long drive today so they headed off to bed and I'm baking a blueberry pie before the blueberries go to waste.

@Fera...hope you have a wonderful time catching up with some family.

@MNWalking...so glad your son will be graduation. Always busy time though. :flowerforyou:

@L2T...sorry to hear about your cold..I'm afraid my son has one he can't shake. I think summer ones are the worst.

@Painted...ahh school costs. I so loved the day that I paid my last loan payment. I was lucky with grants and scholarships, but it was that nagging payment each month.

@Kelley...Yay for hitting 6#s.

@Laurie...thanks for all the tracking you did on the mileage. It was fun and i'm looking forward to increasing my numbers in June. Hope you're not getting sick too.

@Kaye...yes there is a story there somewhere. So proud of you!

My mileage so far:

June 1 - 2.0
    June 2 - 2.06
    June 3 - 2.49

Ab Challenge / 3 days (today is a rest day!!)

Welcome all the new folks!

May Walkers --- BE PROUD. BE VERY, VERY PROUD!!! :noway:
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Fera - welcome to this group - you're doing a great job participating. Glad you feel at home.

Naomi - glad to see you drop in. THanks for the nice words. I AM doing much better. I too enjoy reading and like sci-fi too.

Kah-
    Laurie - A friend and I have kayaking on our Bucket Lists - neither of us can afford them and I have NO place to store one. She does work at Cabela where she can get a discount, and owns a 2 car garage that is already stuffed, but 2 women when they put their heads together might just be able to overcome these obstacles someday! One can only hope! She also has a van with camper attachments on top, so I consider us partially there. Just need the money to appear. We have lots of lakes in the area.

Kah - So sorry you have to have surgery on your ligament in your thumb - but it sounds vital, so keep us posted! :heart: Oh, free MRI but you're claustraphobic? How about trying a Valium? Don't like those? how about mailing it to me? :laugh: :laugh: Sorry to hear you'll be laid up so long - and in the summer. Poo. Hope this doesn't keep you off work the full time.

EinTX - welcome to our thread - you'll fit in just fine - yes you joined just by your posting here.

Samanthanneps - Welcome and join the party!

Painted Cav - I don't have a pedometer or Fitbit either, but I muddle along. I take my car out and map out routes in my neiborhood. Good luck to you, esp. on Sundays - do you chew sugarless gum?

TANYA - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! So happy for you to have a day to celebrate yourself! did you do anything special?:heart::drinker:

Aimee - thanks! YOUR goal is FANTASTIC!

jt - poor Zeus - well if he's distracted enough by his bones thats a good sign. Can you get treats to him inside his cone?

mzfrizz - I don't think I've said hello to you yet - so welcome. You've set a great goal for the month. Rest days are important.

Queen - mints for your sons graduation? Oh JOY!!!! THats great news he's graduating - so happy that little problem straightened out! I'm like you running behind on the thread. Haven't read it in days. Just catching up now.

upmommyof5 - welcome - I don't send friend requests because I do all my talking here not on home threads. But I'll be so friendly I'll knock your socks off here! Stick around we move pretty fast but its fun and friendly and very supportive. Just mention the area your having problems in.

Kaye - so sorry to hear about Nicole's heavy load next year. Its really unfair. Hope she gets a just wage, but I doubt it, the way things go - can she go back to them and try and negotiate with them with a few demands besides a salary increase? It might be crazy but it also might make a difference.

Ranaejae - I'll send you a note. You're already worthy!

Karak80 - welcome to our fun little group of like-minded people. You'll like it here. Don't worry about a think. Back-sliding a bit after a big - WOW - 18 lb weight loss is to be a bit expected. You'll get the hang and we're here to support you.

Skinny - recycling s:love: eems to be a scam so many places - UGH - a Local TV channel ran a recycling drive and got 12 more semi - loads than they were expecting - that was 2 weeks ago. A competing TV channel just ran an episode on the 7 semi's still not processed....makes me wonder if they ever will be or will they be hauled of in the dark of nite when those semi's are needed for over the road duties.

Ushkii - you did GREAT in May :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart: "most you have walked in that time in 20 years" CONGRATULATIONS!! a couple of months of this and you'll be so accostomed to it you will be hooked, right? So will I, I hope! It was the most for me too. Say, how are the peas. My Morning glories are about 8 inches tall, but I had to dig them out of the mud because the 5 inch rain last night just buried them. Tomorrow early am before it gets hot I'm going to put up the net so the can twine up something and be more secure. I use netting I buy at Menards in their garden store. Its so cheap and so big, I cut it in half for my little area.

Laurie - THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP WITH THE MILEAGE IN MAY AND MAKING US ALL FEEL LIKE WINNERS! :bigsmile:
    You are so wonderful - is it a compliment to call someone an- over-achiever? Cuz Your amazing. :love:
    Hope the sinus monster doesn't get you this time. Maybe you need to wear a face mask like the Japanese people do all the time :bigsmile:

t i h - sounds like you did get both of the kids working pretty well. Just too much stuff in a boys room (I'd just toss out the boy!) (oh, that's illegal?) :wink: enjoy your company and have fun, don't let any residual dirt bum you out, pretend something or someone JUST dragged it in now.

Thanks, EVERYONE - for the kind words about my health progress. More to come!

AFM - Today I saw my primary doc and wonders of wonders he stopped 4 of my meds - WOOT and HALLELUIAH!!! I am getting better and better all the time!!!! Although this am was a surprise and gave me the physical work out I didn't expect but did need We in Omaha got 5 plus inches of rain and I had left a storm window open in 2 places, while closing 2 of the main windows over them. To my dismay, that wasn't good enough when the wind blows 80 miles an hour. I got buckets and buckets of rain in on my carpets under the windows about six feet into my rooms and I only have one - six inch diameter fan. (Its served me well in the past) So on with the air conditioning and Fan on ON not AUTO, and towels soaking up the mess, couldn't pull the carpet back, don't know why, unless my strength is that weak (good guess) so kept soaking towels until all towels used up, then alternate fan from one location to the other.
    Worked well, its pretty dry now. Spent time after Drs. Appt. doing laundry. If you've ever had an apt. sized laundry unit, you know it can only do about 4 towels at a time! :laugh: Life could be a lot WORSE. Town north of here got Golf Ball sized hail with the high winds and photos showed houses just stripped of paint and siding and car windshields bashed in. I JUST THIS WEEKEND got a parking space in the UNDEGROUND parking lot - because I was afraid of mecurial weather this summer!!! Lucky hunch!

Weds Wish - Selfish one. THat my health keeps improving as its been doing! Yeah you go MD's.
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    ATTN: Laurie = here's my Mileage Info and Goals for June - Robin

JUNE 2014 = GOAL 45 miles.

6/1 – ½ mile
    6/2 – 0
    6/3 – 0
    6/4 – 1 mile
  • Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    @kah - Thumb injury sounds awful!. Hope your recovery is quick and complete.

@tanya - Happy belated Birthday! DQ Blizzard.....yum.

@laurie - Thanks for being the keeper of the mileage. We killed it in May!! Changed my post back to daily below.

@robin - YAY for improving health and off 4 meds! That's such good news and you certainly deserve some.

AFM - My cold is almost gone, but the stuffiness is still hanging around. Glad I got sick this week instead of next since we're leaving for Boston and Maine next Saturday. Don't know if any of you saw the national news coverage last week about the 91 year old woman who set a World Record time in her age category at the San Diego Marathon. It was covered extensively here since she lives in Charlotte (in fact in the same retirement community as my Mom). Not only did she set a record, but had just finished chemo 5 weeks prior. She took up running at age 76 and has run the San Diego Marathon 15 times and raised more than $90,000 for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society’s Team in Training. There's a lesson in there for anyone who says "I can't".

June Mileage Goal: 80 miles

6/1 - 4.20
    6/2 - 0
    6/3 - 0
    6/4 - 2.73
    6/5 - 2.17