Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon!

I would love to help you lose the weight. I am a weight loss coach and I use the product Herbalife. It is really easy to use. 2 meal replacement protein shakes a day, 1 meal, and healthy snacks in between. I help you every step of the way. You don't need to exercise but of coarse it will speed up your weight loss process. If your interested email me at: lizthuer (the sign at) hotmail.com

Thanks for your time,

Liz

This is the fourth posting I've seen from you, and they all say exactly the same thing. Maybe you can tell us a bit about your weight loss journey.

By the way, SPAM is not good.
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Thursday Truth: My neighbor keeps getting scarier and I can't wait to move - less than two months. Tonight she knocked on our door and asked to borrow a phone because she was locked out. I go out to help her and she and her 8 year old daughter are in their underwear with a towel wrapped around them. She has alcohol on her breath and I want to know -- why are you outside of your apartment in just your underwear?????

@Robin...So glad you are getting better...stopping 4 meds is huge! Yes, spring storms are popping up aren't they. Even though I don't live in SF anymore, my work and many friends are there. Got a text this afternoon saying that my entire work was sent to the storm rooms for an hour -- so glad I wasn't there...packed rooms!! Hail and two tornados were spotted.

@L2T...I hadn't heard about that lady but what an inspriation!

@Kris...sick pets are stressful. I liken it to sick little ones...they know something is off but they don't understand it.

@Robin B...thanks for the recipe, I'll have to try it out.

AFM...We had a wonderful day today. Started with eggs and sausage for breakfast. I got adjusted by the chiropractor (he told me I was still way out of place but he got me back in). Then we had a picnic with my mom, my MIL, FIL, hubby, kids. Spent the early afternoon outside at Ft. Lincoln and the slanted Indian village. We had perfect weather 70's all day. Finished with supper at McKenzie River Pub/Grill. The kids played Farkle with their grandparents and now we are all headed to bed. Not sure what tomorrow will bring as it is forcasted to rain most of the day, but it will be full of visiting.

June 4 - 2.67
    June 5 - 4.00 (ok 3.99 right now but by the time I get pajamas on, go to the bathroom and bed..it'll be 4 :heart: )

Have a great night!!
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Mileage for June 5: 4.23
    Thursday truth #1: I guess I am somewhat of a hoarder. I decided to clean and organize my sewing room. Among other things I found a box containing old mimeograph handouts from when I taught kindergarten and first grade more than 45 years ago. I pulled out some that I thought Nicole could use for Keith this summer. (she's having him do a little 'homework' every day.) She asked why they were purple. I didn't realize she had never seen mimeograph copies. Boy does that make me feel old.
    Thursday truth #2: Today was Cathy's birthday. I had way too many blts while I was frosting her cake and making the Texas sheet cake. I kind of blew what would otherwise have been a good day. We had 21 family for a backyard picnic and bonfire. It was totally fun, but I've got to figure out how to deal with special occasions better.
    I'm glad to see so many new ones checking in. I think that most of us here respond more here than on the home page news feed. You have added yourself to our group just by posting. Just pop in daily and share when you can.
    Robin, I'm so glad that you are off of some of your meds. I was glad to hear that you survived the storms fairly well. I thought of you when they said there were bad storms in eastern Nebraska.
    I love reading about all of the fun times during the summer with your children, vacations, etc.
    Susan, welcome back. You were missed.
    Onward and downward. Kaye
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Mileage

6/1 - 0
    6/2 - .75 miles
    6/3 - .75
    6/4 - 2.6
    6/5 - 2.5

6.6 / 45
  • PaintedCavalry
    Options
    @mowmow, I hope your furbabies start feeling and doing better!

@Laurie, glad I'm not the only one who's not a gum chewer.

Yesterday I came home and our newest dog Gunther's eye was swollen shut with a wonderful gash down his muzzle. I flushed the eye out to get some of the gunk out but he was one hurting puppy. Eye looked undamaged and was a lot less swollen this morning, but luckily he was headed to vet to get his boosters anyway. I'm assuming they'll just prescribe antibiotics and maybe flush it a bit better. No idea how it happened.

June goal = 50 miles

6/1- 0
    6/2- 0
    6/3- 0
    6/4- 2.55 (ran outside on trails & dirt)
    6/5- 2.01 (elliptical at gym)

Total Mileage so far: 4.55
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Hijacked hubby's computer for a few minutes while he's taking care of something.

Mileage for 6/5 was 2.8. :)

Hope you all are doing well and I'll catch up with you all a bit more on Monday. :)
  • Sciakath
    Sciakath Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday everyone! I am excited to be joining you all -- looks like you have tons of knowledge from losing tons of weight! I started June 1 toward my goal of losing 100 lbs. or thereabouts. My youngest daughter graduated from high school so it is time to focus on me! One thing I enjoy doing -- humming "The Girl from Ipanema" tune while I am walking anywhere. This reminds me that I am already "tall and tan and long and lovely" and makes me walk a little taller than I would if I focused on where I am coming from rather than where I am going. Glad to be a part of Robins Thread!
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all of the newlings! :flowerforyou:

susan--have a safe trip home!

laurie--that's frustrating that the doc didn't call in your Rx. :grumble: Hope more rest helped.

@painted--aww, poor puppy! Hope everthing is okay with his eye. That's a bit scary that you don't know how it happened.

@kaye--I remember mimeographs from elementary school! If you were an office helper you got to turn the crank to make the copies. We all thought it was so much fun to get to do that--no idea why! :laugh:

@tracy--um, that's weird about your neighbor--I can see why you want to get out of there.

@mzfrizz--good for you for saying no to the unhealthy food. My DH used to be similar. He does most of the cooking, and he would get hurt feelings if I didn't eat what he cooked--or if I didn't want second helpings. I just kept repeating, "I don't have enough calories to eat that." He eventually got the idea--he realized I wasn't condemning his food, and he even started substituting healthier ingredients or at least keeping track of what he used so I could log more accurately. He also tells me when he plans to make something super-fattening so I can plan my day/week around it.

@hansea--wow, busy last day of school! Do you get to relax now that they are off for the summer? :wink:

@jenn--cake is very hard to resist!

Friday Fitness:
    I got back to the gym once this week and ran outside yesterday. Plus, Saturday night I'll be doing a Relay for Life. I'm going to try really hard to keep track of my mileage. I realize I will really need to pick up the miles over the next 2 weeks if I want to make my goal of 80 miles by June 23rd.

Wednesday was a rest day from the 30-day ab challenge, and I completely forgot to do it yesterday. :grumble:

Exercise goals:
    Mon--walk gunner DONE + gym DONE
    Tues--walk gunner DONE + mow lawn DONE
    Wed--walk gunner DONE
    Thurs--walk gunner + gym RAN OUTSIDE INSTEAD
    Fri--rest day
    Sat--walk gunner + Relay for Life (overnight)
    Sun--walk gunner

30-day Ab Challenge: Days completed: 4/30

Goal Mileage: 80 Miles

6/1 = 3 miles
    6/2 = 5 miles
    6/3 = 3 miles
    6/4 = 1.5 miles
    6/5 = 3 miles
    6/6 = miles
    6/7 = miles
  • RobinB0812
    RobinB0812 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Glad the weekend is upon us! I tried to stay awake for Game 1 of the NBA Finals last night, but no such luck! Sadly, I awoke this morning to see that the Heat lost. There’s tons of speculation down here about the “broken A/C” in the arena. Even on CBS This Morning it was mentioned that the Spurs didn’t seem to have any problems with the temperature in the arena while LeBron James had to be carried off the court with severe leg cramps in the beginning of the 4th quarter.

@Susan – Welcome back! We’ve missed you too! :flowerforyou:

@Kaye – Wow! I haven’t thought about the purple mimeograph worksheets in a very long time! I can almost feel how they would be damp and smell them as I sit and remember! :laugh:

@Tracy – if you try the recipe, let me know how it comes out! I still haven’t tried it. We don’t buy soda (or pop for you northerners! :wink: ) so when I do manage to buy a single can of soda for this recipe, it never lasts long before someone drinks it before the recipe is made! LOL Weather in the 70’s?? I AM JEALOUS! We are in the mid 90’s here! UGH! :glasses:

@PaintedCalavry – Aww, your poor fur baby! How old is he? Do you think you got himself stuck somewhere that he had to struggle to get free from or do you have other fur babies that possibly doesn’t play well with others?

Welcome to all the newbies!

June Miles – Goal 60 miles:
    6/1 – 0.80
    6/2 – 1.52
    6/3 – 1.35
    6/4 – 1.26
    6/5 – 1.40

Until next time; wishing everyone peace, love and weight loss! :flowerforyou: :heart: :bigsmile:
    And…
    Don’t sweat the small stuff, just SWEAT!
  • Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    @renaejae - We're spending the weekend in Boston with our daughter and her boyfriend. Going to a Soxs game and on Sunday meeting his Dad and Stepmom for the first time. I had a dream last night they got engaged. Woke up in a panic thinking of the stress and expense of planning a wedding when it was just a dream! I know it's coming someday (and he's a great guy), but I can see my travel plans slipping away with the contents of my bank account. DH and I are going to Maine (Freeport, Portland, Kennebunkport) for a few day starting Monday. I wish we had planned on staying longer since I really would have loved to get to Bar Harbour and the Acadia National Forest, but we'll just have to get there on the next trip.

AFM - Finally can breathe through my nose again and the peeling has pretty much finished. Lots to do this weekend to get ready to leave next Saturday. Gonna have to pull out a few light sweaters to take since Maine weather is going to be mid 60s as the high when we're in the 90s.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

June Mileage Goal: 80 miles

6/1 - 4.20
    6/2 - 0
    6/3 - 0
    6/4 - 2.73
    6/5 - 2.17
    6/6 - 2.74
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Just took a beautiful walk along the river. Light breeze and sun! Something us Mainer's haven't seen much of since last August.

Let's keep it lite this weekend and share our successes on Monday :flowerforyou:

June Mileage Goal: 40 miles
    [20 min = 1 mile]

6/1 - 1
    6/2 - 0
    6/3 - 3
    6/4 - 1
    6/5 - 1
    6/6 - 3

Total:9
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday!!! I love that my fitbit syncs to this site. I can't remember who told me about it a few months back but I am loving it. I walked 16,000 steps yesterday :bigsmile:
    I shared my son's graduation photo of the two of us so you all can see.

This weekend spring cleaning the house and celebrating my son's 18th bday with some lawn bowling and lunch.
  • PaintedCavalry
    Options
    @RobinB, My whole pack gets along very well. Gunther is only 5 months or so, we aren't 100% sure, one vet said 4, one said 6 so we chose 5 months. Lol! He's 40lbs as of this morning so he's not a small puppy. There are a lot of places he could've gotten scratched like that, so it's a toss up as to where.
  • KATRENAJ
    KATRENAJ Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Surprize, Surprize, I finally weighed in and I am down 2 lbs. After all that cruise food and travel eating and having a difficult time getting back in focus. Lots of stress in my life.

I have just about decided that I am Gluten intolerant. Couldn't sleep last night and looked for a book and found one called Dangerous Grains. It really hit home for me and especially since when I follow the plan I am on, I feel so much better. Spoke with the Dr today and he is going to do some allergy testing. Apparently Gluten intolerance is genetic and this doctor says that if cancer runs in your family, you should be tested for gluten intolerance. My sister and two cousins have cancer now now and most of my family have had cancer.

It's funny how a small success can make you feel so much more confident. I've decided to count my water aerobics as miles. Now all I have to do is get off my "kieister" and go"

Tendontis is better but still not where it should be, but I am going to try to do some light walking and see how it works. I need to pull away and go buy some new shoes. Maybe this weekend

Found a nice dress for my granddaughters wedding. My daughter found one in St Simeons. When we compare notes, it sounds like we bought the same dress at the same store but 300 hundred miles away. This happens with us all the time. Also with cars, sometimes

mnwalkingqueen Holly, congratulations on your son's graduation. Good for you on the steps

RENAJAE - WELCOME I WOULD LOVE TO SEE MAINE. HEAR IT IS LOVELY
    mYMOWMOW - YOU ARE WALKING A LOT. GOOD FOR YOU. HOPE YOUR "BABY" GETS BETTER

ROBIN: SO GLAD TO HEAR YOU ARE DOING BETTER. YOU HAVE BEEN IN MY PRAYERS

KARA -WELCOME GOOD START
    LAURIEK - Love your post. It made me chuckle and you are going so great. Thanks for the info on the water aerobic/mileage count. Since I plan to go 3 times weekly, that should be 4 miles weekly times so I am going to set a mileage goal of 10 for the month. Going to try walking some also and see how the foot does
    grandmakay - Good luck on the walk
  • hansea47
    hansea47 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Holly- Look at those big smiles! :bigsmile: Looks like it was a Happy Graduation for your son!

Karen- I think I'm probably going to be just as busy over the summer....we have the kids signed up to go to a summer day camp run through our school system. So, between all the stuff going on with that and weekly swimming lessons and all the other fun we always try to cram into our short Wisconsin summers....I'm going to have to make sure I schedule some nap time! :laugh:

Miles:
    6/5: 5.83

We had a late night last night, but so much fun at the baseball game! The dance team looked like they were having such a good time, and I was impressed with my daughter's robot dance moves. :smile:

Maybe I'll go for a bike ride tonight....weather is too nice not to go out and enjoy it!
  • NaomiGibbins
    NaomiGibbins Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, it's saturday here now and my success for this week has been finding clothes in the op shops (thrift or second hand charity shops). I always hated going to them because it was so hard to find anything that fit, but it sure is getting easier. I have spent a total of $34, and have picked up approx $500 clothes. I only got good quality things in really nice condition. It will be great to hand them back when I am done with them.:laugh:

Robin I am so pleased to learn of your health improvements. I hope you continue to get off meds as time goes on.

Susan safe travelling home.

I can't believe you guys have started your long summer break already. I know for you teachers it must seem a long time coming, and hope you enjoy your well deserved rest time. For the parents it is hard to keep everyone occupied and organised with your own work requirements, goodluck.

I have been so amazed by your distances walked, biked or run over the last month and a bit. You guys are amazing! :flowerforyou:

I am having a birthday bonfire next saturday night, so we are action stations here this weekend to build it up, make supper food and tidy up around our home. Hot savoury pastries and pumpkin soup for supper as it will be very cold, but hopefully not raining.

Have a lovely weekend when you wake up to it, Naomixx
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Hansea-Did I miss some mileage updates. I am missing June 2-4. I will go back and check the posts to find it or you can repost even if it was rest days.

Kjeffries- Very happy that you are joining us in the challenge.

Kaye your daughter and I share a birthday. Hope she had a great day.
    Noami- The bonfire sounds like a fun way to celebrate your birthday. Enjoy, I hope the weather cooperates.

Today, I celebrated my 44th birthday. It was a wonderful day and even my students "behaved" better than usual. At least I got some mileage out of my birthday with the students- deal was: They had to behave since I did not want to yell or talk over them today. It worked for the most part. I also learned that 8th graders are never to old to make crowns out of paper. I gave the kids sentence strips for them to write a poem, however the majority turned them into a crown. Consequently, they were allowed to make crowns with facts on them about the article/topic. I have some great pictures of them. They wore them proudly out of my room with a warning not to get them taken away.

The teachers celebrated my birthday and after climbing I went out for pizza. Overall, a great birthday.
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Mileage for 6/6: 5.78.
    Laurie, Happy birthday. I'm glad that you had a good day. Cathy's birthday was yesterday. She had a good day, but the best present came today. The principal of the primary school where she worked last year as a long term substitute called and offered her a full time position as a paraprofessional in special education. She is thrilled.
    Naomi, happy birthday to you as well. Hope you are able to enjoy your winter bonfire.
    Today was a better day for me. I managed to send most of the tempting food home with family last night. I got a little more purging done in the sewing room, too.
    Have a great weekend. Onward and downward, Kaye
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Mileage

6/1 - 0
    6/2 - .75
    6/3 - .75
    6/4 - 2.6
    6/5 - 2.5
    6/6 - 1.25

7.85 / 45
  • KATRENAJ
    KATRENAJ Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Should have check the calories on the Moe's salads. No dressing but still over a 1000 calories and no rice just meat and veggies. The shell was 500 though, but that still seems high

LAURIE K - Happy Birthday