Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Friday Fitness: Heading back to the gym and working out with the trainer next week. Not sure what the schedule is, but will hit it three times for sure next week.

@Kaye..I remember those mimeographers. Our school was pretty late in technology.

@Karen...enjoy the Relay for Life. What time will you be doing your walking/running?

@RobinB...LeBron James seems to be a bit of a wuss. I don't really follow basketball at all (loved playing it high school but hate watching it), but it sure seems like he has cramps alot based on what I've seen. And don't be too jealous...we didn't even hit 60 today -- rainy, dreary day.

@Holly...what a handsome young man! Congrats on his graduation - I know it was stressful for you so I'm glad he made it for his sake and yours.

@Laurie...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Love the crowns...those 8th graders like to get cooky too.

AFM...Like I said to Holly, we were wet and cooler today and didn't even hit 60 degrees. We mostly hung out at home playing games and then did go to the North Dakota Heritage Center. It is wonderful! They have been doing alot of construction and so far only have the early Native American room and the Dinosaur room open. Greatly improved since the last time I was there (about 4th grade). I had no idea that there used to be camels in North America but they have uncovered some bones here. Hmm???

Now for a small vent: I'm a little upset because my in-laws are here visiting and while we have enjoyed their visit, we only got two days. They spent 5 days with one brother. They are visiting the 4 kids (4 different locations) for a total period of 4 week, so they will have spent one week between the two oldest (4 grandkids) and 3 weeks between the 2 youngest (3 grandkids). My husband says not to get upset about it, but I feel really bad for my kids as they get short changed with grandparent time. Right now I'm trying to chalk it up to the fact that we are still in an apartment, but after we have a home that will have a guest room, if it happens again, I'm pretty sure we'll need to say something. I've told them in the past that if we have enough notice that Michael and I are more than happy to take vacation to get to spend time with them. Oh well, gotta shake it off since they won't be back for another 2 years.

Mileage for June 6th - 2.34 miles
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Friday Fitness: Pathetic. As I was reading back, I started on Page 1 and there is my Friday Fitness from 5/28 and I’m saying the same thing. Oh brother. I’m just laughing at myself at this point. Soon. Our hot temps are here so no more walking outside so I’ll have to hit the gym, which is fine. No more excuses.

There’s been so much going on at work that I’m really struggling with my work/life balance right now, but I’m really going to try and get myself back on track very, very soon. I really do miss it to be honest. This past week I was in Delaware and had to present in two meetings, visited two bakeries, and some of our shops in the area. I was glad to get home last night, but it was after midnight and my body was back on east coast time so 3:00 a.m. I worked from home today, but also preparing for friends to arrive from Arizona tomorrow for the weekend. Between work stuff I did 5 loads of laundry, stripped beds, cleaned house and have to find time to go to the grocery store.

Cyrus had to be at the ball field at 4:15 for his first tournament game. They won, but I can’t wait for this season to be over. Two of the boys came over afterwards for swimming and pizza, but I’m so mad as they proceed to share some of the things the coaches have said to the boys that there the worst players. Seriously, the mama bear in me was about to explode. I really hate kid’s sports. We have 13 kids on the team so he has 4 kids to sit on the bench plus 8 of the 13 play club or travel ball. While our team is 20-1, it’s pretty said when your son’s face is always sad. What’s tough is Cyrus loves to play and while he’s an average player it’s been so hard for him. Sigh.

This one is long, but I’m caught up on everyone’s post after 13 pages and here’s a TON of personals!!!

@ Margaret aka Garetie – Love the new profile pic!! This is the beautiful smile I remember.

@ Aimee – You’re doing awesome and I’m so proud of you!!

@ Tlh – It sounds like you guys had a nice vacation with your friends. It’s always so important to keep those friendships going. I had to chuckle at your VBS comment about the 9-11 year olds. Cyrus has so much deodorant, Axe spray, etc. . . it’s not even funny. I can attest to the smells that’s for sure.

@ Laurie – While I didn’t participate, you did an awesome job helping push everyone in the May Challenge. I loved following everyone’s stats and the group did GREAT! Also, I know I’m already a little behind, but can I join the June Challenge? I’m not quite a week behind, but that doesn’t matter to me. I’ve got to get myself back on track. My goal will be 75 miles. Thanks again!!

@ Nettie – Yikes!! I guess it’s great to be wanted, but nice if someone would have told you. I was glad to read the overall environment is good too. The student is so lucky to have such a caring teacher.

@ Kelly – I’m so glad your trainer was able to work something out. I know when he initially left the gym you thought you were going to lose him so I’m glad it all came together. Sorry to hear about the raise, but hope the new job duties work out and that leads to more $$. It’s really hard to give 110% when no incentive is there. It’s funny you said New Balance were too wide and for me not wide enough. Sorry you can’t get better flights to CO. I know you would like to visit your sister more often. You’re welcome to fly SW to Vegas!!! Tom and I will welcome you with open arms. LOL!! Also, I just read about your thumb. I’m so sorry to read that you have to have surgery.

@ Schnickle – First of all, welcome to our little group! I’ve been a little MIA lately, but have been with this thread about 2 years now and their awesome!! I could have responded exactly the same way with my Fit Bit. I really like the screen so I can know where I stand throughout the day.

@ Robin – I’m afraid I’m not any help with sneakers. I hate shopping for them. My foot is wide and it’s such a pain. I tried New Balance, but even the women’s do not work. I normally buy from the men’s section because they seem to fit my foot better. I never get pretty colors, but I just need to make sure they’re comfortable is all I care about. I’ll save my pretty colors for purses. LOL!!! Also, I see we were struggling with the actual food logging too. This week was just too hard traveling, but I’m starting back today – good or bad. Also, just read FULL ACTIVITY for you – Woo Hoo!! Of course, I read another post and 4 meds are gone - nice!! I love finally getting ready to read some positive stuff for you. It’s about darn time!!

@ RobinB – Girl, I’m right there with you. Too bad we didn’t live closer so we could exercise together and hold each other accountable plus kick our butts to get moving!!!! Also, I’ve heard whenever you do the cake mix recipes you can use diet soda to keep out the calories. I’ll use yellow cake mix and diet sprite, which makes a nice refreshing and light cake if you need something sweet in a mug so it’s one serving at a time. P.s. Thanks for asking about me!!! I have been a “little” MIA lately, but was out of town on business this week. I promise to be back in full force. I missed you guys!!!

@ Katrena – Welcome back!!! I’m so glad the cruise went so well. Alaska is definitely on my list. I’m waiting for Cyrus to get a little older so he can appreciate it a bit more.

@ KarenL – Congrats on the new job!!!! I’m so happy for you and it sounds what you’ve been waiting for. Good for you!

@ Painted – Welcome! I’ve enjoyed reading your post and getting to know you. My son and I do the Color Run in Las Vegas every year in October. It’s a blast! I’m in FL often since my parents live in Sarasota and years ago I lived in Miami.

@ Jenn – Congrats on the 50#’s!!!! I know it’s been a journey and there’s another journey ahead of you, but like you said with determination and our support YOU CAN DO IT!! Also, throw away the cake!!!!

@ Amanda – You had me smiling at driving recklessly or taking up smoking. Way to stay positive!!! LOL!!! Also, I’m afraid my little doggie would have attacked. Her bark is worse than her bite though. She thinks she’s Cujo half the time, but really just a little 11 lb ball of fur.

@ Tom – So we’ve seen National Whiskey and Rum, but I need my favorite – Vodka!!!! When is that?? You’ve got a good one there in Amy. The smoker filled with meat looked like a Paleo’s heaven!! LOL!!

@ Karen – Nice job completing the 5K and a decent time even though you haven’t been running much. I’m super impressed with your friend’s mother – Wow! I feel like a slow poke that’s for sure and she has almost 30 years on me. Yikes!! Also, if I don’t catch you, good luck tomorrow at the Relay for Life. So proud of you for taking part in such a great event.

@ Fera – Welcome to the group! I have a FitBit too. You’re going to get so addicted to it. When I forget to charge it or wear it, I get so mad at myself. Years ago I actually went to a non-denominational college and many of my friends are now pastors or missionaries. I have friends who are missionaries in Russia and Ecuador. Another set is leaving for Mali in a few weeks. I grew up in a very conservative home, but as I got older and could make my own decisions I’m definitely not as conservative that’s for sure. Ironically, I’m now living in Sin City aka Las Vegas. LOL!!

@ Kaye – You should have taken that walk after the pie. LOL!! Congrats on signing up for your first 5K. So proud of you.

@ Tanya – Happy Belated!! Sorry I missed your birthday..

@ Tammy – I’m so glad to read Zeus is healing. It’s so hard watching our four legged family members go through stuff too.

@ L2T – I believe you leave tomorrow for your trip. Safe travels and have a great time!!

@ Kris – I’m so sorry to read about MowMow – poor thing. I know she’s your four legged little kiddo and those bills add up too.

@ Renae – Welcome! I look forward to getting to know you.

@ Queen – Nice steps. Wow!! Also, I had no idea your son was so tall. How tall is he? Cyrus is projected to be 6’5”, which I can’t believe. He just turned 12 last month and already wears a size 14 shoe. It’s nuts!!! Plus, I’m so glad he graduated. I know this past year has been tough with a lot of ups and downs. So proud of him!!

For all May Challenge Participants – WOW!!! You guys rock and I’m so proud of ALL of you for your accomplishments. Keep it up in June and push even harder!!!!!
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I am still around. Between the 3 jobs I have been exhausted all week long and have not found the time to post on here. I am still watching what I eat but have really slacked exercise wise.Thank goodness I am all over the school building during the day so I get in plenty of walking! My June goal is to get in 120 miles.

Laurie - Thanks for taking care of the mileage for us. I appreciate all of your hard work. I hope you feel better soon.
    Happy Belated Birthday! I hope you had a fabulous one!

Jenn - I am sorry to hear about your mother's leak in the slab. I hope it wasn't as bad as mine was.

Fera - Happy anniversary!

Hansea - Wahoo for getting your veggies planted!

Kah - So sorry you have to have surgery on your thumb. I hope it goes well. I feel the same way you do about MRI's. I have only had one and it was one of the worst experiences. I had a panic attack during it.

Tanya - Happy Belated Birthday! I hope you enjoyed your day.

Robin - Wahoo to being released to full activity. Congrats!
    I have been kayaking several times. It is so much fun. I don't own one, though would be really nice to have. When we go we rent them for a few hours. Have you ever looked into rentals?

jtconst - Glad to hear Zeus is doing well. I know how stressful that must have been for you. Harvest Moon went in for surgery (dental) on Tuesday. I felt really guilty because I had to work all day and couldn't drop her off or pick her up from the vet. She was so drugged when I came home from work. My poor little baby. She is doing great now and back to her old self.

MyMowMow - I hope MowMow is ok. I think your decision of having everything done while he is under once is a wise one. I am just like you when it comes to my animals. My stomach was in knots all day on Tuesday. As I mentioned earlier Harvest Moon just had a dental this week. She had 1 tooth removed, the tiny one towards the front. The rest of her teeth look good thankfully. They did a cleaning while she was under. Last year my vet recommended I put her on TD Health for cats (Science Diet). That has helped drastically keeping her teeth from buildup. Misti has a heart murmur and it's risky putting her under. So I have not had any dentals done for her. Thankfully her teeth are in pretty good shape and she doesn't need any work done. Best of luck to you and MowMow. Please keep me posted.

RobinB - Your dump cake recipe reminds me of a commercial I recently saw for dump recipes. There are two cookbooks advertised on TV, one is for deserts and the other is for meals. Have you seen them?

ushkii - Sorry about your peas. I did the garden walk yesterday and noticed something has been eating away at the leaves to many of my plants. I am going to spray today with some insecticidal soap and hope that helps. I also want to hit the nursery and see if I can buy some ladybugs and praying mantis to put in the garden to help with the critters.

Tracey - Oh my goodness to your neighbor. That poor 8 year old doesn't deserve that kind of life.

Kaye - I never knew you used to be a teacher! That's great that your daughter was offered a FT position as a para! She must be thrilled. =)

Painted - I hope Gunther's eye is ok. Poor baby.

Skinny - Best of luck with Relay for Life!

MNWalking - Great job on the steps!

KJefferies - Congrats on the loss!

Susan - I can relate to the struggle with balancing work and life. I am in the same boat. I am counting down the days to the end of the school year. I am looking forward to a new start for summer.

June:
    6/1 - 1.84 miles
    6/2 - 3.23 miles
    6/3 - 3.49 miles
    6/4 - 3.57 miles
    6/5 - 3.5 miles
    6/6 - 2.29 miles

Total:17.92 miles
    Goal: 120 miles
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Good morning.

I hope you are all doing better than us. Amy got a burn on her back and it got infected, so she got some antibiotics from the Doctor which made her vomit. I got a wicked sinus infection and pink eye according to the Doctor I saw Thursday. It is pretty gross that eyes, ears and nose are all leaking stuff. I did not go to work yesterday and I did not log so I lost my streak.:cry:

Laurie- Happy belated birthday HBSmileyBlowsWhistle.gif

606_zpsbf5af1eb.jpg

Susan-
    While October 4th seems well documented as National Vodka Day, we have not found the origins of why, but it works for us. No harm celebrating responsibly on other days as well. October 4, 2014 is a Saturday!
    The Countdown Clock for 2014
    Nostrovia!

National Vodka Day 2014

118 : 11 : 05 : 09
    Day Hr Min Sec

Today is National Trails Day
    National Trails Day was launched by the American Hiking Society in 1993 to help promote exercise, trail development and the outdoors. It has grown to more than 2,000 events around the country.

“Our health always seems much more valuable after we lose it.” ~Unknown
    Tom
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    MyMowMow - I hope MowMow is ok. I think your decision of having everything done while he is under once is a wise one. I am just like you when it comes to my animals. My stomach was in knots all day on Tuesday. As I mentioned earlier Harvest Moon just had a dental this week. She had 1 tooth removed, the tiny one towards the front. The rest of her teeth look good thankfully. They did a cleaning while she was under. Last year my vet recommended I put her on TD Health for cats (Science Diet). That has helped drastically keeping her teeth from buildup. Misti has a heart murmur and it's risky putting her under. So I have not had any dentals done for her. Thankfully her teeth are in pretty good shape and she doesn't need any work done. Best of luck to you and MowMow. Please keep me posted.

Thanks Nettie(and everyone) for you good wishes for my little Schmoo.

I knew last year he'd need a dental soon. I don't feed dry, both my boys have UT issues. My vet suggested switching to Raw Prey Model. Shepherd Book took to it like crazy but it kept a setting off MowMow's IBD. Book recently had a checkup and she said his teeth were pristine. The raw bones did wonders for them (as well as chewy chicken gizzards)

It will take a while for the pathologist report since she's doing it as a favor (and not charging me the 100.00+ to get it). Once it's done i'll start feeding MowMow one raw quail a week for his teeth. Quail doesn't bother his IBD but it's too pricey to feed full time. I think once a week is a god compromise. The local gourmet grocery sells them in a 6 pack for 9.00 so that's doable.
  • KATRENAJ
    KATRENAJ Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    MORGORI, THE BEST THING FOR A BURN IS PURE LAVENDER OIL YOU GET AT A HEALTH FOOD STORE. WILL SPEED HEALING AND HELPS W SCAR TISSUE. HOPE SHE RECOVERS SOON
  • mzfrizz15
    mzfrizz15 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Mileage update!
    June 6: 0 (felt too tired)
    June 7: 1.7 miles
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Mileage for 6\7-3.5
    I wore myself out today making cookies. Grandson who lives with us is going to spend the rest of the summer with his sister about 2 hours away working. It is a bigger town with more job opportunities. I decided he needed some cookies to take with him, so after I mopped the kitchen floor I started making cookies. Couldn't decide which kind so I wound up making 4 kinds. It took most of the day. Why do I do this to myself? The good news is that I am sending them with him, and to Cathy for her foster boys. Only a few will be left here.
    Oh, well. Onward and downward. Kaye
  • KATRENAJ
    KATRENAJ Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    HAD A SUCESSFUL DAY FOODWISE. WORKED ALL DAY, TRYING TO GET my inventory straight. Grandson is coming over tomorrow to help with the yard and then we are going down to the pool for a little relaxation. I am starting a self care program and plan to make sure I take relaxation time every day.

Have had insomnia for the past few nights and cant get to sleep till morning dawns. Will take a pill tonight and hope it helps

GRANDMA KAY - YOU ARE STRONGER THAN ME. I DARE NOT TEST MY DETERMINATION. MAYBE SOMEDAY

NETTIE - THREE JOBS. I ADMIRE YOUR STAMINA. HOW WOULD ONE GO ABOUT LEARNING TO KAYAK. WOULD THIS BE DANGEROUS FOR A PLUS SIZE PERSON? I'VE ALWAYS WANTED TO LEARN
    SUSAN - I HAD TO CHUCKLE AT YOUR COMMENT ABOUT AXE. ONE YEAR I GAVE MY GRANDSON $25 AT CHRISTMAS TO BUY SOMETHING FOR HIMSELF AND WE WENT TO NUMEROUS STORES. FINALLY HE ASKED TO GO TO THE DRUGSTORE WHERE HE PROCEEDED TO BUY 4 BOTTLES OF AXE. HE WAS 12 AT THE TIME. I REMEMBER THE DAYS OF TRYING TO JUGGLE SO MANY BALLS AND FEELING SO FRUSTRATED. I AM HOPING I WILL NOT HAVE TO GO BACK TO WORK AND IF I DO, I HOPE IT IS NOT A STRESSFUL JOB.
    I'M WITH YOU ON WIDE FEET. I HAVE THE HARDEST TIME GETTING FITTED AND MENS SHOES ARE SO UGLY. I USUALLY WIND UP WITH NEW BALANCE AS THEY ARE COMFORTABLE
  • Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Laurie... Happy belated birthday! I hope you enjoyed your day.

National vodka day?? Shoot, I haven't had a drink in almost a year, but vodka is my drink of choice. Of course, today I choose to branch out and try a cider. Yum-o!

A busy few days for me... Went to physio after work yesterday. I've been doing incline push-ups for months now so I scoffed at my PT when he said he wanted 8 " for real" push-ups. Number 7 and 8 were a struggle but I did them, then proceeded to bang out the next 2 sets like nothing. Woot! After dinner my BF and I met some friends for geocaching after dark and walked 5km along a bike path. Today we went out for more geocaching along a rail trail, biking 21km in total. We were pooped and are now enjoying a beverage during 2nd OT of the hockey game. (Insert my cider here). :drinker:

I'm supposed to go for a run tomorrow, we will see how my legs are doing first.
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. As usual hubby came home and it is non stop going since he got here:laugh:

Robin I was so happy to read about the great dr's appointment. Getting off 4 meds is a great thing. Sorry to hear about all the water in your apartment though. I lvoe storms but hey sure can do a lot of damage.

Laurie happy belated bday. Sounds like you had a pretty good day. I hope you were able to shake whatever you were trying to catch.

Tom I hope you and Amy feel better soon. Thats a lot of bad luck for you guys.

Mymowmow I hope the report comes back good though I am just like you and if I could find a way to swing it financially I would probably have it removed.

Aww man I had a whole bunch more personals planned but as usual after a few I blanked. Well for everyone you know I am always wishing you the best for you in all that you do.

AFM: I am starting to feel a little ragged with all the running but have been having fun. We have done some visiting and shopping and lots of other things. Hubby actually came home a little early as the family is planning a surprise bday party for his dads 70th net weekend. There will be family coming in from all over the country so it promises to be a really fun time. I went today and got my hair done and bought a new outfit.I was pleasantly surprised in the shopping. I picked out a couple of things and when I tried them on I had to send my daughter to go and grab me one size smaller in everything:bigsmile: needless to say I was grinning ear to ear for awhile after that. Zeus is doing faairly well. We took his cone off today because he kept popping open the closures and then it was just hanging from his head. Everything is healing up nicely. Now we just have to deal with the whining for a few more days because he thinks he is fine and wants to run and jump like normal but he isnt supposed to as long as we can still see the stiches. oh fun times:laugh: Well guys have a great nite and I will check in again when I get a chance.:flowerforyou: :heart: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

June Challenge:
    6/1: 2.24
    6/2: 0 miles
    6/3: 2 miles
    6/4: 2 miles
    6/5: 2 miles
    6/6: 0 miles
    6/7: 2 miles
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Just a quickie visit again to report miles while I'm traveling:

6/6 - 3.0 miles
    6/7 - 1.6 miles
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Demensha - cake can be my downfall too - I usually eat too much then feel guilty and start freezing it or dump down the disposal. Hope the frenzy has stopped at your house....:laugh:

Susan - such a wild life - just glad you can check in - thats an accomplishment in itself!

Hansea - uh, just tired about reading about your LIFE - its amazing what you get done! Keep the water intake up - the only suggestion I have for you!

MsFizz - dog-gone family - when that Fast Food gets home - take your portion and immediately put it in a zip lock RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEIR LITTLE SNOT NOSES!!!! After 3 days I think you will have made your point!!! Boy, that must be irritating. And ZIP LOCK their portion of what your cooked TOO!! (well in the real world this might be hard, but in my imaginary world these things work out! :bigsmile: )
    Good luck too you!

Chelbi - welcome - yep you can still be in the mileage challenge and nope you don't have to run or walk, you can do any exercise you can and basically convert the time you did the exercise into miles.
    As for friends, I don't do that any more - but here I'm friends to everyone - so If you're here I'm your friend!

Laurie - my gal pal and her hubbie bought 2 kayaks this weekend - not top of the line but at least the kind with back rests - yippee. THey spend the entire weekend with each other but she's off during the week as am I so we'll go together her and I ! I am so excited for our first outing. The kayaks are rated for smooth water lakes. I can handle that. I am a strong swimmer so very confident about this.
    Hope you get your antibiotics and over your illness. You've been overly tired for a long time. Maybe you need 2 rest days in a row where you can just sleep sleep sleep.

tih - OK - what is Farkle?

Kaye - I laughed when you talked about mimeographed stuff - we did that in high school and my 2nd job - good ol memories - purple stuff that smeared your hands. LOL.

Painted - Hope GUnther is OK

FeraFila - great mileage!

Sciakath - Have a great weekend - just make the best of it - look forward to Sunday Share!

Skinny - I do love you in your scuba glasses - LOL - I hope you did well in your Relay for Life run - was it at nite for the coolness?

Robin B - Sorry your Heat lost ! Boo! Hey your mileage is doing great!

Lto T - Dreams can be pretty fortelling, can't they? I can see why you woke up in a panic. Has your daughter always wanted a BIG wedding? Oh MY!!!! :flowerforyou: Well, maybe she'll surprise you. But obviously there's lots of trips in your future!

OK - Caught up with Page 12 - best I can do for 12;30 Omaha time. Love you guys. Will continue to catch up tomorrow!
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Good morning everybody
    KJEFFRIES2- Amy has a lavender oil spray which she has been using.:flowerforyou:

My eyes are getting better, I’m not much of an eye drop fan, good thing Amy is an eye drop expert. I am feeling better and not leaking so bad! I got to go get some stuff to smoke a pork roast and a chicken.:drinker:

607_zps36c45cf3.jpg

Happy National Best Friends Day!
    BEST FRIENDS DAY
    June 8 celebrates Best Friends Day, a day to honor that one special person you call your “best friend”. It is a time to show them how much you appreciate them, how special and important they are to you and how you cherish their friendship.

“Nothing tastes as good as feeling thin feels.” ~Unknown

Tom
  • RobinsEgg
    Options
    :explode: :mad: :angry: I am SO frustrated !!!! Last nite I stayed up til 12:30 and posted a response to each single person on Page 12 - and I saw it POSTED here too! Arrgh! I hate Window 8.1.
    OK - There! Thats off my chest. So I will try to do Only page 12. Sorry.
  • Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    June Mileage Goal: 80 miles

6/1 - 4.20
    6/2 - 0
    6/3 - 0
    6/4 - 2.73
    6/5 - 2.17
    6/6 - 2.74
    6/7 - 4.24
    6/8 - 4.12

Total - 20.2
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Mileage

6/1 - 0
    6/2 - .75
    6/3 - .75
    6/4 - 2.6
    6/5 - 2.5
    6/6 - 1.25
    6/7 - .75
    6/8 - 0

8.6 / 45
  • RobinsEgg
    Options
    RenaeJae - Your mileage is doing Great!

Queen - you're just an itty bitty gal next to your TALL son! Is he going on to be a mechanic like he's so talented at? I hope so. You must be SO proud, mama! ooo, 16000 steps on your Fitbit - how excellent!

Painted Cavalry - Is Gunther OK now?

KJeffries - so happy for your 2 lb weight loss! WOOT! Lets ALL HEAR IT!!! :drinker:
    Yes, I like water aerobics too, and I count it towards my mileage. Definitely get new shoes and get fitted first. The sizes have changed in the last few years. I got fitted 2 weeks ago and had to buy a size larger in Asics. Its funny how you and your daughter have the same tastes - have you seen a pic of her dress yet?

Hansea - you must be so proud of your daughter - her robotic moves sound so cute. Modern dance moves seem so different and I'm just getting used to liking them but the accuracy and symmetry when the kids do them in sync is amazing!!! Sounds like a fun nite out!
    Great mileage!

Naomi - What great bargains you got at the Op Shop (thanks for explaining the meaning!) really great sales! I love scouring shops like that too - just plain fun!
    Your birthday bonfire sounds pretty amazing. How BIG is the bonfire before you set it afire? I know there's a lot of preparation for fires in advance so nothing bad happens. I bet the kids love it. Do you roast marshmallows on sticks like we do here?
    Have a GREAT BIRTHDAY! :heart:

Laurie - Happy Birthday on the 6th! :heart: Your 8th grade class sounds like a hoot with their paper/wood crowns on their heads at the end of your class! (I'm tempted to wear a crown every time I go into a Burger King - TG that's not very often)....all in all it sounds like a very nice day. Mid - 40's is a great time of life and I'm so glad you're living it to the fullest!

Kaye - great news for Cathy - I'm so glad her professionalism was recognized! Glad you got more purging done. (if I was outside that sewing room however I'd be picking up every scrap and hoarding it myself) :laugh:

MowMow - I am praying for good path results!

t i h - I think I asked in the posting that disappeared - what is Farkle? Was that you???
    That's too bad about the in-law situation. I'm sure its more to do with the apartment than you guys. I fret about stuff like that too. Keep in really good touch with them as best you can!

Susan - don't blame yourself! Your son and your job are taking FIRST and SECOND PLACE to YOU right now. I don't see a way to change that around right now, until you amass a million dollars or hit the lottery! You're just going to have to squeeze something in in 15 min. increments, like right before brushing your teeth every day - I wish I could fix things for you.
    But coming home and seeing Cyrus' sad face - well, how can you think about exercise or food at a time like that? I'm with you - stuff like that is SO very important - and you have only so many years left to focus your attention on him. Maybe you both could take walks together at times after its cooled in the evenings - just occasionally - to talk about his problems and yours too, or is it still to hot then?

Jeanette - OMG - 3 jobs - superwoman! Wonderful you're still watching what you eat, and with all that running I'll bet you are getting a LOT of exercise in!

which reminds me:

KAH - so sorry to hear your having surgery on your thumb! :sad:

Tom - WOW !!!! So sorry to hear about your pink eye AND sinus infection, and Amy's sunburn (?) infection - sounds serious with the doc ordering antibiotic. Yuck they made her sick - did he put her on anything else? Wow, lots of tissue usage in the house! Hope you both improve quickly and get back to smoking meats and enjoying yourself! :heart:

MowMow - duh - I don't remember where you live but here in the midwest there are lots of small meat processors in small towns that sell game at prices that are a tad more reasonable, but quail is probably a seasonable item. You might want to check.

MsFizz - Keep it up - your doing great! Love your attitude!

Kaye - cookies - oh such temptation you face - glad you found family to give them to! I bet the smells were heavenly.

Tanya - 3 sets of "hard" push-ups! Congrats! :drinker: Very Impressed! Hope you enjoyed your cider! Hope your legs are good today.

jtconst - WOOT!! NSV ALERT!!! Smaller size clothes than expect while shopping!!!:drinker: Awesome! Your b-day party for hubbys father sounds like so much fun. Glad you got hubby home a few days early! :heart: :heart: And so glad to hear Zeus is out of the cone (I can just picture you now trying to stop him from running and jumping, yeah right!)

FeraFila - great mileage while on the road!

AFM - thanks for all the kind words about me getting the OK to exercise and getting off lots of meds. I am feeling so much better and clearer headed. Even my fuzzy vision is improving!

I mentioned wanting to kayak with a girlfriend and she and her hubby went out and bought 2 of them - they spend the entire weekend together so thats when they will use the kayaks - thats fine with me. She only works part-time during the week so there will be time for her and I to go during the week. They are smooth water - lake water kayaks with back rests (thank goodness) and foot pedals and she has the oars and the safety vest and the SUV with hooks on top that hold their camper, so it will hold the kayaks. I will pay for gas and lunch to try and be fair. I am so excited I can hardly wait!
  • RobinsEgg
    Options
    OK - so I see my big post now for page 12 - sorry I whined....my bad...
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Farkle is a dice game. It must have been popular in the 70s because I have a friend that remembers playing it as a kid. My aunt and uncle introduced us to it and we then introduced it to my in-laws. Now they have their entire family in CT playing it. The nice thing is it can be any number of people playing.