Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    @tlh - We fly out Saturday morning for Boston. We're going to visit with our daughter and her BF, catch a Red Soxs game and meet his Dad and Stepmom for dinner. Since DH didn't go with me in February, we'll spend some time walking around and exploring her new neighborhood. Then we (DH and I) are going to Maine for a few days. Really looking forward to it.

@kah - So jealous about your cruise. I really want to take the one that goes up the coast of NE, to PEI and then down the St Lawrence to Quebec. If I remember correctly, you'll just have a day in Boston. If you've never been there, you should walk the Freedom Trail, stop in at Faneuil Hall for a bit of shopping and then head to the North End to see Paul Revere's home and hit Mike's Pastries for a cannoli you will never forget. Just make sure you have cash. Mike's doesn't take credit or debit cards. It's such a great town. You could spend weeks there and still have things to do and see.

AFM - Rest day today and still working on getting the house ready to leave. Today I plan to hem the curtains in my bedroom that have been pinned up for weeks. If I traveled frequently, my house would be in perfect shape!

June Mileage Goal: 80 miles

6/1 - 4.20
    6/2 - 0
    6/3 - 0
    6/4 - 2.73
    6/5 - 2.17
    6/6 - 2.74
    6/7 - 4.24
    6/8 - 4.12
    6/9 - 2.74
    6/10 - Rest Day

Total - 22.76
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    @htebaram~welcome the thread you will find lots of support here so check back often. Try not to think too much about how much you need to lose, this is less daunting if you think in smaller goals. Congrats on your loss so far, you’re doing great!

@Tanya~I’m sorry your hip hurts from running, it’s probably hip flexors—are you stretching afterwards? You can find some great post-running stretching ideas on You Tube.

@moonbean~welcome to the thread, glad you found us—we’re the best kept secret on MFP! :laugh:

@armaines~great job logging! Dancing is great exercise.

@jody~welcome to you as well!

@L2T~I haven’t been to Boston for about 20-years, I’m looking forward to the day there. The friend I’m traveling with actually wanted to stay on the ship that day since she was in Boston for conference for a week last year and we don’t have a sea day until the end of the cruise (its port intensive) —but I wanted to get off the ship and do some things. Oooh, cannoli? I haven’t had good cannoli since leaving NY! :wink: Thanks for the ideas; we’ll be there about 9 hours. Enjoy your visit to Maine as well—we'll stop in Bar Harbour the day after Boston on the cruise.

AFM~Not much to report. It’s going to be a really low-key week, if I don’t get stuck at the office late I’ll see my trainer tonight but then I’ll be benched after surgery tomorrow—not sure for how long, maybe as long as the cast is on. I think I’ll know more when I see surgeon this morning for pre-op paperwork. As a result, my goal is to watch my caloric intake carefully.

June Mileage:

6/01/14—2.25mi
    6/02/14—3.92mi
    6/03/14—3.69mi
    6/04/14—3.56mi
    6/05/14—3.11mi
    6/06/14—2.95mi
    6/07/14—0.72mi (Fitbit was charging)
    6/08/14—3.13mi
    6/09/14—3.34mi

Total: 26.67/110 Miles
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys-

@painted--those dogs are gorgeous! I love big dogs. :love:

@kelley--sounds like a great trip this fall to NE.

Tuesday Goals:
    To make it through this last week without being way over on calories. I didn't end up logging on the weekend--the Relay for Life really messed up my eating schedule b/c we were noshing throughout the night. Got back to logging everything yesterday and did ok. However, we have after-school drinks lined up for the next three days. I'm just eating very light throughout the school day to try to save my calories for later.

Then Friday is our faculty Cubs trip. This year it's the "Cubs" trip b/c we aren't seeing the Cubs. Rather we are going to Milwaukee for the Brewers/Reds game. Regardless, it's a food/drink nightmare in terms of calories. :ohwell: I guess next week will be lots of running and gym visits before I leave for vacation.

Speaking of vacation, I ordered a couple of swimsuits on the Soma website. I'm anxious for them to get here so I can see if they fit. If not, I will need to hit the stores hard to find something.

Exercise goals:
    Mon--walk gunner DONE
    Tues--walk gunner
    Wed--walk gunner
    Thurs--walk gunner
    Fri--walk gunner
    Sat--walk gunner + gym
    Sun--walk gunner + gym

30-day Ab Challenge: Days completed: 4/30--totally lost track of this. :grumble:

Goal Mileage: 80 Miles

6/1 = 3 miles
    6/2 = 5 miles
    6/3 = 3 miles
    6/4 = 1.5 miles
    6/5 = 3 miles
    6/6 = 0 miles
    6/7 = 6 miles
    6/8 = 2 miles
    6/9 = 1 mile
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone.

609_zpseb792dba.jpg

Happy NATIONAL HERBS AND SPICES DAY
    National Herbs and Spices Day, an “unofficial” National holiday is celebrated annually on June 10.
    It is the season for fresh herbs and spices and they are an essential part of flavorful cooking as well as fun and easy to grow.
    Gardening your own herbs can be a form of relaxing therapy.
    Herbs and spices have been used for many hundreds of years and besides making our food delicious, each has its own specific health benefits.
    We found the following link that will provide more information on some of the spice health benefits:

http://www.womansday.com/food-recipes/cooking-tips-shortcuts/surprising-healing-benefits-of-spices-107253

And we found this link, for you, for growing herbs in a home garden:

http://www.wvu.edu/~agexten/hortcult/herbs/ne208hrb.htm

“Be not afraid of growing slowly, be afraid only of standing still.” ~Chinese Proverb

Tom
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    WELCOME TO THE FOLLOWING NEWBIES: (hope I don't miss anyone from before my last posting :blushing: )

Armaine420 - :wink: Glad the vapor is helping you quit smoking! Sorry you're limited on exercise. I went through that in the beginning. Glad to hear you danced yesteday. Hope you're not sore today!

JudyBlanchard - welcome to you too - this is just the place for you to find friends. We welcome you with open arms! :flowerforyou:

Moonbeam - How did you find such a lovely name available? Glad you joined us - keep coming back!

KathleenWIlli - So glad you're here. Don't worry about too many details at first. It can be daunting. Ask us a lot of questions - we chock full of answers!

Htebaram- - welcome - great job of posting. This is a community built for YOU! We're here because we are just like you! :heart:

Naomi - looking forward to you "bonnie" pix.

PaintedCav - love you puppy pix

Kah - Praying for the best surgical outcome for you tomorrow. Is somebody going to be looking after you? Changing your dressings? Wiping your bottom? :bigsmile:

Laurie - Glad your B-day was so nice. Ummm.. looked at your schedule, and although I see a rest day here and there, I don't see 2 of them in a ROW - that would be nice for you.

Kaye - its great to hear about your GD upcoming Mission Assignment - it sounds like she is really excited about it. Spanish is a beautiful language and also she is going to be travelling to great locations. How long will she be in Mexico City. How many girls/women will be accompanying her there?

AFM - trying to squeeze in little walks, but seem to spend ALL my time doing laundry. Discovered a leak in the spare bathroom where the washing machine is. Narrowed it down to toilet - darn - its the raised on in the place, so now can't use it until the Plumber comes on Thursday. Upside is my plumber is not as expensive as most guys, so can't complain about it at all!
    No weight loss this past week, and am frustrated. Perhaps the 12 oz. of Baileys had something to do with that!
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone! Shocked myself with a weigh in that was *down* by 1.6 pounds from the day before we left. After 6 days of restaurant/hotel/fast food and several 'mystery meals' (and desserts I didn't skip but probably should have), I still managed to lose weight! That tells me I've managed to figure out portion control! So thrilled.

We're going to hear back from the church where hubby interviewed (and I got to scope out the house) by the end of the week. I've got my fingers, toes, eyes, and every other possible thing crossed (and probably praying God's ears off) that he gets called back for a 2nd interview. I *loved* that area, the house, the people, the church... everything.

Anyway, my mileage for the month. Kinda poo on a couple days while I was traveling, but I did what I could, including laps around rest areas and the hotel. :P

My June miles so far:

June 1 - 3.5 miles
    June 2 - 3.4 miles
    June 3 - 2.4 miles
    June 4 - 1.8 miles
    June 5 - 2.8 miles
    June 6 - 3.0 miles
    June 7 - 1.8 miles
    June 8 - 0.7 miles
    June 9 - 1.4 miles

Total: 20.8 miles
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Monday Check-In: I’m just plain exhausted. After last week’s whirlwind tour of the east coast and my lack of sleep PLUS we’ve had house guests since Saturday, I’m just exhausted. Eating has been OK for the most part. Exercise has been minimal, but I am getting some walking in. Cyrus is in a Nike Basketball Camp this week, but the hours are 9-3. It’s great for stay-at-home mothers, but working outside of the home makes this a bit of a challenge. I’ll make it work, but it’s another tough week balancing schedules.

Tuesday Fitness Goals: I haven’t quite gotten back 100%, but getting in some walking when I can. With the business travel done (for now), house guests are gone, etc. . . I can finally get back on my routine. I’ve got to get back to my early AM workouts because that’s truly the only time that currently fits my schedule.

@ Tom – Poor Amy. It sounds like you both had a tough start to your weekend. Hope your both feeling better with this new week. Thanks for sharing October 4th!! Calendar is marked. LOL!!

@ Kaye – You crack me up. You couldn’t decide which one to make and made 4 kinds. You’re a glutton for punishment, but you do it out of LOVE, which I love about you. Congrats to your granddaughter! It’s always such a big relief to know they are doing something they enjoy and will get so much out of as well. I’ve got friends leaving for Mali in a few weeks. They’ve been dorm parents for years primarily in Africa, but heading over to language studies first before the actual mission field.

@ KJ – Insomnia hit me hard last week while I was traveling. This week has been better, but I think I’m just plain exhausted and my body has been fighting it. I could sleep all day if I allowed myself. Hope you’re having some better evenings. Thanks for sharing your AXE story. These teenage boys and their stinky funk – LOL!!!

@ JT – Glad to see your hubby made it home safe and sound. Enjoy every single second he’s home. I know he’ll be out again before you know it.

@ Robin – Thanks for the suggestions. Life has been a tough balance, but I know it’s not going to change any time soon so I need to make adjustments. Cyrus really wants to join the gym actually so I’m going to let him. It will be good for both of us. Like Queen’s son, he’s already passed me by and I know he’s going to be a big boy. I worry about his health and don’t want him to battle as an adult like I have continued. It’s my responsibility to lead him in the right direction. What he does as an adult will be all up to him. I loved seeing your post on the kayaking. What great exercise and a way to enjoy friends and the great outdoors. I hope you go out soon!

@ Laurie – Happy Belated!!! I’m sorry I missed it, but hope it was a great day minus the sinus infection – yuck. I’ll put a separate post on my miles so it’s easier to find. Thanks again!!

@ Karen – Sorry to hear about the change of venue for Relay for Life, but at least the event still too place. It’s so important especially for those families who are battling to have your support rain or shine. Good for you!! Blonde? You go girl. You know you’ll have to post a picture of course. Its summer and a perfect time to go lighter. Go for it!

@ MzFrizz – It’s so important to be surrounded by people who support your efforts especially in the grocery shopping, which can easily get off track. Baby steps!

@ Painted – So glad Gunther is OK. Thanks for sharing their picture. I love four legged family members whether inside or out. LOL!! It’s so funny peoples preferences around big vs. small dogs. I’m on the smaller end. We have an 11 lb Bichon/Poodle who thinks she’s a 100 lb dog. She’s a total princess and luckily smaller vet bills and poop piles. LOL!!!

@ L2T – I know a lot of folks struggle with work/life balance. Like I said earlier, it’s not going away so I need to find a way to make it work. I know you’re going to have a great time in Boston and you’ll get in so much walking. I had to chuckle because I’m the same way. I want the house spotless, sheets done, etc. . . so when I get back home after a trip I can just relax.

@ Kelly – Thanks for the note about your trainer and his Little League experience. Without a dad in the picture, I have to play both roles and it’s such a male dominated sport. If I try to stand up to him, of course, I become the bit** and it’s so political. It’s so unfortunate because it should just be about fundamentals and the kids having fun, but everything has become so competitive because these crazy parents who think they have the next MLB, NFL, or NBA player. When about 1% really makes it, I hate to burst their bubbles, but their kids not the next Michael Jordan. They can just keep dreaming. Off my soap box now.

@ Holly – This will be Cyrus too when he graduates. He just turned 12 and is 5’9” and projected to be 6’5”. Cyrus is already a size 14 shoe, but hopefully that will stop for now. It’s crazy!! I’m not as short as you though so it will not be too obvious since I’m closer to 5’7”, but he will still tower me that’s for sure. They’ll always be our babies though no matter how tall. Right??!!!

@ Tlh – Exactly. I think if they play travel they shouldn’t get to play rec ball. There’s enough other kids out there who should get that same playing time. Of course, they’re team beat the undefeated team last night and moves on to the semi-finals Wednesday night and if they win they’re play the championship game on Thursday. Will this darn season ever end??!!! They are now 22-1. It’s been a LONG spring of ball.

@ Fera – NICE!! It’s always make us smile and jump for joy at the unexpected on the scale. Good for you!!! Sending a little prayer your way and the hubby too if this is the door He has planned for you. Good luck!
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Mileage Check-In:

June Mileage
    1 0
    2 0
    3 0
    4 0
    5 0
    6 0
    7 3.5
    8 1.5
    9 2.5
    Total 7.5
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Looks like June is a mile challenge here is what is on my fitbit

6/3- 2.7
    6/4- 3.95
    6/5- 6.73
    6/6- 7.25
    6/7- 2.65
    6/8- 4.17
    6/9- 4.99
  • KATRENAJ
    KATRENAJ Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I LOST MY PEDOMETER THE FIRST DAY OUT. WEARING IT ON WAISTBAND AS RECOMMEND AND WHEN I GOT TO THE GYM, IT WASNT THERE.
  • KATRENAJ
    KATRENAJ Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    FERA - Congrts on the loss and hoping everything works out well with the potential church
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Some of you have been talking about the Fitbit. I have the Fitbit One and enjoy that. Some like the fitbit flex (the wrist band one). Right now the flex is the QVC daily special... $89.98 plus S&H...you can break it into 5 payments ...$18 per month. It will be on special until midnight tonight (eastern).
  • Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Tuesday Goals: get back on track with eating... Take more snacks to work, stop grabbing a bagel/hamburger etc. when I have food with me already, up the veggies and find some new summer recipes to make at home. And restrict to one diet pop per day again.

Exercise is on target, though I'm dropping one day per week of physio for July and August. I will replace it with hiking or some weights at home. I need one day off because it takes me an extra 45 min to drive home afterward in rush hour traffic. I'd like to have more fun time in the summer and not be stuck in a car all the time. (I already drive most of my work day and commute is at least an hour each way).

I hope this hip pain goes away or I can figure out a way to alleviate it, I don't want to stop running. I did cross fit at physio today and it did not hurt for one second... It's just walking and running that produces pain. ????. I'm hoping some good proper stretching will help.

Mileage today... 0
  • ushkii
    ushkii Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    June walking miles

6/2 = 2.23
    6/3 = 0.85
    6/4 = 1.67
    6/5 = 1.53
    6/7 = 0.37
    6/10= 0.89

total 7.53
    goal 40 miles
  • Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 606 Member
    Options

@Tanya~I’m sorry your hip hurts from running, it’s probably hip flexors—are you stretching afterwards? You can find some great post-running stretching ideas on You Tube.

Kah... I've been stupid and not stretching after I run. I will for sure now, I don't need any injuries to sideline me from running or any other exercise. I've been doing great lately with a pain free back, hips, feet and knee. I'd like to keep it that way.

I did what you suggested and found this amazing stretch for the hip flexors. I've been in enough pain yesterday and today that I took an antiinflammatory at work (didn't work). I tried this stretch and the pain has immediately subsided. I can't believe the instant relief I feel.

Here is the link if anyone is interested. http://www.pilatestonic.com/2013/pain-relieving-solo-hip-flexor-stretch-youll-love/

Yeah, I messed up the quotes LOL
  • littleshadowfeet
    littleshadowfeet Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    June 1 - 3 miles
    June 3 - 3 miles
    June 6 - 4 miles
    June 7 - 2 miles
    June 8 - 4 miles
    June 9 - 2.5 miles
    June 10 - 2 miles

Total: 20.5 miles
    June goal: 75 miles
  • PaintedCavalry
    Options
    June goal = 50 miles 

6/1- 0 
    6/2- 0 
    6/3- 0 
    6/4- 2.55 (ran outside on trails & dirt) 
    6/5- 2.01 (elliptical at gym) 
    6/6- 3.00 (walking outside) 
    6/7- 0 
    6/8- 1.00 (walking) 
    6/9- 1 (walking)
    6/10- 5.86 (4.61 elliptical, 1.25 rowing)

Total Mileage So Far: 15.42
  • hansea47
    hansea47 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Well, it's T-3 days until the big 10K on Saturday!!! I'm getting pumped. It will be my third time participating in this event, and my first time running it instead of walking it. I'm hoping to finish in under an hour and a half. I'll be riding to the race and crossing the start line with two friends from work. Then, they'll be waiting for me at the finish...I'm the slowest. :smile:

Tonight, I went for a medium-sized run after a loooong day at work (I was on my feet at work all day and had already put on about 2.5 miles on my pedometer.), and it was hard, but not awful. It's the best I could hope for! :laugh:

My kids started going to a new summer day camp program. It's held from June-August at one of the elementary schools. Two days in, and they both love it. :love: My daughter has already asked if she could go to this program again next year! I don't know if the teachers and the program are just that great, or if my kids are getting more relaxed about spending time away from Mom, but that's the first time anything like that has ever happened! (My daughter is usually pretty shy and takes a while to warm up to new surroundings.)

Tanya- Great call on spending less time in your car and enjoying summer while it's here!

Kjeffries- Oh no! I hope you're able to find or replace your pedometer. I like the ones that also work when they're in your pocket. I never can keep them on my waistband. My friend at work is wearing one that only works on her waistband and she knocked it off four times on Monday!

Susan- I hope you're able to get to bed early and get up for your early morning workout tomorrow!

Fera- Congrats on the loss! :happy:

Robin- I hope you have a second toilet....the leak situation sounds pretty 'crappy'. :laugh:

Tom- Liked the Chinese proverb...I myself am definitely shrinking slowly....though the growing part I could always do pretty quickly! :wink:

Skinny- When you go to the "Cubs" game...who will you cheer for: Brewers or Reds? Or will you be cheering for the food and drinks? :smile:

Kah- Good luck with your surgery! Hope it goes perfectly and your recovery time goes by fast.:flowerforyou:

Naomi- Mmmmm....marshmallows.

Nice miles everyone!! You go, boys and girls! :drinker:

My miles for today:

6/10: 5.89

Good night!
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Hi All,
    I finally made it back and I have missed everyone. It was a very busy weekend and then last night I was on a never ending phone call. I was listening to friend that I have not talked to in months and she did not take the direct hint that I had to go to bed (11pm-11:30pm) so I could go to work the next day. Of course, she was like at least you have a job- she is out on medical leave due to knee surgery and just found out she needs another surgery on the 24th of June. I am glad I spoke with her however, no more of those conversations until I am out of school for the summer. My body can't handle it with getting up at 5:30am. Yes, I am old.

Hiking was fantastic and I enjoyed it very much. I plan on buying hiking boots/shoes so I have more support around the ankles for the downward slopes.

I think I have caught up on everyone's miles but I am missing some data. It may have gotten lost over the weekend due to the whirlwind I was caught up in.
    Hansea- after you get your sleep please update. all last and this week if possible.
    Kaye-6/3 and 6/5 they may have been rest days. Just want to confirm
    Robin E- 6-5 on (Hope you were able to go kayaking.)
    p1nxy from 6-3 on
    KaraK from 6-6 on
    Kjeffries- Did you have any mileage from the first week in June. I know you had started water aerobics at that point and were considering the challenge. I will be happy to add it in for you.
    Nettie- from 6-7 on
    Queen- What is your mileage goal? Just pick a number of miles that you want to reach this month. YOu have already surpassed 30 miles.

My workout plan since I don't remember if I posted it or not and I need to stay on track.
    Sunday- Rest
    Monday- gym- bike drills on my own
    Tuesday- Rest
    Wednesday- Trainer
    Thursday-??
    Friday- Climbing
    Saturday-Swim and ???

Keep the miles coming. Thank you to everyone who posted their weekly mileage, it made updating really easy. Especially since I was missing some data. I am looking forward a calmer week.

I did get all my grading caught up for at least 24 hours. Thursday my students take their final exams so I just need to grade those and finalize my grades. Then I can start packing my classroom- I will be teaching all 8th grade next year. So that is a plus but there may be issues just need to have a rumor confirmed or denied.

Goal- To get my eating back in check and refocus- I have been eating out to many nights and not getting the proper rest.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! :flowerforyou:

I know I've been very sparse on the personals, but just haven't had much time at home in the evenings which is when I usually post them.

@tanya--I used to have issues with my hip flexors. The good news is that once I did regular stretching after running and the pain stopped, it rarely comes back--even though I'm now terrible again about proper stretching. :blushing: My assumption is that as my running muscles in my legs strengthened and I lost more weight, it became less of a strain on my hips when I run now. Thanks for the link--that's a great stretch!

@tracy--thanks for the fitbit tip!

@katrena--that stinks about your pedometer. :grumble: I fear the same thing would happen to me with the clip ons.

@susan--Yes, I am glad to participate in the Relay. It made me kind of sad that only 6 out of about 150 faculty and staff at my school joined the team. I think it's just a rough time of year for all of us, but it's such a great cause and we have a very giving, helpful staff--not sure why more people didn't join in. I really like the blonde--it's honestly not much lighter than before. She went with a golden blonde and worked on getting rid of my red low-lights. Next time, she will add a few lighter high-lights, but for now I really like the base color. I wil post a pic in the near future.

@fera--awesome job losing weight while on vacation!

@robin--sorry about your leak, but glad to hear you have a good, reasonably priced plumber.

AFM--Well, I didn't get in the walk with gunner due to our rainy weather, but I did a lot of walking at work. It's final exams and I have no finals today or tomorrow, so I kept myself busy cleaning up my room and office. Also took several purposeful walks around the school including about 20 trips up and down the stairs. I'm giving myself a mile though it was probably more.

After school I went for drinks with some friends (we try to go out every day the last week of school). Had one piece of french bread with goat cheese/marinara dip that they had ordered and stopped myself there. I could honestly eat the entire appetizer myself since goat cheese is about my favorite food on earth, so proud of myself for stopping after a taste.

Exercise goals:
    Mon--walk gunner DONE
    Tues--walk gunner NOT DONE
    Wed--walk gunner
    Thurs--walk gunner
    Fri--walk gunner
    Sat--walk gunner + gym
    Sun--walk gunner + gym

30-day Ab Challenge: Days completed: 4/30--totally lost track of this. grumble

Goal Mileage: 80 Miles

6/1 = 3 miles
    6/2 = 5 miles
    6/3 = 3 miles
    6/4 = 1.5 miles
    6/5 = 3 miles
    6/6 = 0 miles
    6/7 = 6 miles
    6/8 = 2 miles
    6/9 = 1 mile
    6/10 = 1 mile