Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• PaintedCavalry
    Options
    Actually managed to choke down chicken last night. Of course it was Publix fried chicken, but maybe I can start trying to reintroduce it. Or maybe it's just the frozen boneless skinless ones I can't do? I haven't eaten chicken other than that kind in quite awhile. I'll have to start experimenting again.

Hit the gym during my lunch break but couldn't get a run in last night. It kept threatening to rain so I had to run home to feed the animals before the rain. Hoping to make a run outside tonight. Running outside is so much harder than inside, especially since I run unpaved dirt trails. Which in Florida means sand.

June goal = 50 miles

6/1- 0
    6/2- 0
    6/3- 0
    6/4- 2.55 (ran outside on trails & dirt)
    6/5- 2.01 (elliptical at gym)
    6/6- 3.00 (walking outside)
    6/7- 0
    6/8- 1.00 (walking)
    6/9- 1 (walking)
    6/10- 5.86 (4.61 elliptical, 1.25 rowing)
    6/11- 3.12 (elliptical)

Total Mileage So Far: 18.53
  • Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Just a mileage update.

June Mileage Goal: 80 miles

6/1 - 4.20
    6/2 - 0
    6/3 - 0
    6/4 - 2.73
    6/5 - 2.17
    6/6 - 2.74
    6/7 - 4.24
    6/8 - 4.12
    6/9 - 2.74
    6/10 - Rest Day
    6/11 - 2.91
    6/12 - 2.91

Total - 28.58
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Just a quick mileage check-in:

June 1 - 2.00
    June 2 - 2.06
    June 3 - 2.49
    June 4 - 2.67
    June 5 - 4.00
    June 6 - 2.34
    June 7 - 0.66
    June 8 - 1.41
    June 9 - 2.02
    June 10 - 1.84
    June 11 - 3.99

Goal: 25.48 / 75
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Good morning all.

611_zps59160197.jpg

Happy NATIONAL JERKY DAY
    June 12 celebrates National Jerky Day’s second annual day of celebration. National Jerky Day was created to celebrate the rich history, immense popularity and nutritional benefits of dried meat snacks.
    1,600 pound Meat Rushmore by Jack Link’s
    mtRjerky_zpsfe527913.jpg

“Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.” ~Albert Einstein

Tom
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Actually managed to choke down chicken last night. Of course it was Publix fried chicken, but maybe I can start trying to reintroduce it. Or maybe it's just the frozen boneless skinless ones I can't do? I haven't eaten chicken other than that kind in quite awhile. I'll have to start experimenting again.

While I have no problem with boneless skinless chicken breasts, they can dry out pretty easily. I would suggest using bone-in chicken in your recipes...juicier might help. Or if you have the frozen chicken breasts, slice them up and make chicken strips out of them, my kids love them and all I do is add salt and pepper and stick them in a pan with a little oil. Smothered chicken is another way (I personally don't like it) that helps disguise the taste of chicken. I also love the blended seasonings that they have -- lemon pepper is my favorite!

I hope you can find something that works.
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Good morning friends. I am happy to see everyone seems to be trucking right along.

Karen and Laurie yay for the end of the school year. I am also done with my babysitting when school gets out. they are going to be watched mainly by their other aunt through the summer so all the cousins can play together.

So the drama seems to never end with my pets lately. Zeus got out of the cone and then him and petey caught a cold the next day. I have never had a pet with a cold before. Neither one is serious but it sounds like they are sneezing all day and just when walks were going to start back up we are out of commision again cause excess exertion makes peteys cough worse. I am getting really clean though since I have been shutting them in the bathroom with me while I take 20 min hot showers to steam them and help break up the congestion. Did I mention I hate hot showers. I am a lukewarm kind of person, lol.
    I cant wait till after this weekend. Hopefully the pups will be feeling better and I can get back on track with my walking. Its hard to do my alternate when the hubby is home. We have a pretty small house so if i am doing the wii and dancing around the living room that means he doesnt really have anywhere to go but to bed so that doesnt really work out. Well got to get back to the housework. Going to be gone for the weekend so that means clean like a maniac so I dont come home to a mess:bigsmile:
    Have a great day everyone:flowerforyou: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :heart:

June 2014:
    6/1: 2.24
    6/2: 0 miles
    6/3: 2 miles
    6/4: 2 miles
    6/5: 2 miles
    6/6: 0 miles
    6/7: 2 miles
    6/8: 0 miles
    6/9: 0 miles
    6/10: 1 mile
    6/11: 1 mile
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Kaye - I am excited about any young adult giving their life over to service to either God or Their Country the way your dear GD has chosen for her Mission! I have very firm beliefs that this kind of service strengthens a person's morals and inner strength, and helps them mature much better than traditional schooling at that age. The company they keep with a wide variety of similar-minded people gives them a sense of family and community so they don't feel lost or abandoned, yet have the courage to strike out on their own and explore their new communities. Omaha is the home of the Mormon Winter Quarters so I have been familiar with that part of its history at least. I find it fascinating.

The idea of Mission work stirred in me, early on, the general idea that every young person in the USA, man or woman, should serve a mandatory period of service to the country, whether its in the armed forces or in a Peace-Corps-at-Home-type program. This has been floated on a national level many times, but never acted upon. I think it would enrich the lives of young people and make them better Americans and also benefit the US of A.

Off my soapbox now :flowerforyou:

Susan - glad to see you back at home! You are SO wise and pragmatic! I could not juggle what you do and I continue to applaud you for moving forward, ever forward! I'm SO GLAD Cyrus is joining the gym with you - what a great thing! You can have your personal time driving to and fro and enjoy listening to each other grunt while there - as you said, what great lessons you're teaching him!

Tom - how's your diabetes doing - or should I ask, how are you doing managing it? And hows work?

KAH - thinking of you - hope surgery went well. Poor OWIE!!!! Hope someone is helping you !!!!:drinker: (oh sorry, you can only use one hand - :sad: )

Painted Cav - glad you were able to get some chicken down. Its strange about food tastes. Keep trying to identify what and why you don't like some things, and look for protein sources you can enjoy. Its tough Hubby doesn't like to see you eat vegetarian, but um, he doesn't really have a right to complain about what you're eating, if he has food on HIS plate he can enjoy. Lots of us have had to deal with a complaining spouse. They get over it after a bit, so be patient, but be strong!

littleshadow - so sorry to hear about your continued ankle problems - and being grounded is frustrating! How often will you be seeing your PT from now on? I hope you can take something for the swelling or can put ice on it when you elevate it.....:heart:

AFM - was to go kayaking today but it may be too cold, its only 68 out,and windy, so waiting on a call from the kayak owner - who is inside getting her hair done.........dah dah dum..... tomorrow will be nicer .....
  • RobinsEgg
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    Hope everyone still remembers me at least! I've been gone for a few weeks now. I was home after finals and got busy with some medical things, and then I drove about 1200 miles with my dad to my internship in Monterey, CA. My weight has been stalled out for a while and I'm at a loss. I'm taking a month long break from the scales here (not least in part because I fear the roadtrip with my dad did me in on progress) but because my life is a little hectic at the moment. I also turned 21 about a week ago, and the prolonged/slightly lonely birthday celebrations weren't excessive, but may have left me at a genuine plateau.

My position is a little hectic, and my apartment is at double capacity for the firt weeks I'm here so I'm still stressed out. I've joined a gym and have been doing a lot of exercise that's new to me (lots of biking, some exercise classes and really bizarre cardio machines at the new gym here). Hoping that on top of being good about batch cooking and using my new slow cooker helps.

I really hope I can keep up with you all form this point in the summer onwards.

Rain - of COURSE we remember you! We NEVER forget! What a long drive! Glad your dad was along - that must have been great bonding time! Turning 21 also last week = WOOT! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :heart: :heart: :heart: That's pretty special and we're here to tell you YOU ARE SPECIAL TO US! Sorry your b-day celebrations were lonely away from home and became prolonged.

Being stressed out and hitting a plateau are two stressful situations - so its great you've joined a gym and are cooking ! Trying new things such as this will do wonders for the stress (ha ha!) ultimately it will as you start to develop a groove, and it will start to make you feel better. I noticed I felt better after I increased my veggies on my high-protein diet. Made quite a difference.

Even if you just post when you can, just do that. Don't worry about personals at all, and don't worry about the monthly challenges - that can be too much pressure on you. Just stop on by and remember we are your friends first, not some kind of competition. HUGS!
  • RobinsEgg
    Options
    Hi everyone! I need to lose a lot of weight to feel good again. Hoping by becoming a bit more active in this forum I can have more accountability and have a higher chance of sticking to my goals!

Yama317 - welcome. This is a great thread to follow for daily support on your journey. Sticking to your goals is a big responsibility and not easily done. Don't feel bad if you fail a few times - we all do, our difference is - we keep coming back afterwards! So, keep that in mind and do just that!
  • aimeemarie150
    aimeemarie150 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for commenting on my mileage! I'm hoping to exceed my goal. I think I'm going to update my goal to 200 miles.

6/1: 1.0
    6/2: rest
    6/3: 20.37
    6/4: rest :( it rained
    6/5: 21.35
    6/6: 5
    6/7: 1.37
    6/8: 2.53
    6/9: 5
    6/10: rest
    6/11: 17.37
    6/12: 23.08

Total: 97.07 miles
    Goal: 200 miles

I'm tired and the TOM is starting, so I'm overall grumpy and emotional. I'm ready to go home. Is it 8:15 yet?
  • ushkii
    ushkii Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the support. I do need to turn this act around. So today I started out with two donuts, well I then counted that as breakfast. So reset and start over, this does not seem to work well for me. I keep resetting and losing ground. Well no too bad just 3 lbs. but that should be 3 lbs. the other way. So really I am 6 lbs. from where I should be...

Robin, I also think young people should have to so some type of service for others! As you say military or religious maybe even civic but give to the larger society.

June walking miles

6/2 = 2.23
    6/3 = 0.85
    6/4 = 1.67
    6/5 = 1.53
    6/7 = 0.37
    6/10= 0.89
    6/11= 1.47
    6/12= 0.56

Total 9.56
    Goal 40 miles
  • want2behappy31
    want2behappy31 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody I could use some support so I'm jumping on. I've been on & off the weight loss wagon more times then I can count but I NEED to stay on.
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was 1 month back at it (I started logging again on May 11). In that 1 month I had several graduation parties, my anniversary, my husband's birthday, graduation itself, and a week-long trip out of town with nothing but restaurant and fast food.

In that month I also tracked my food every day to the best of my ability (I even got a food scale!), got a little exercise, and generally behaved like one should regarding food.

All while trying to deal with the stress of our living situation being in such limbo right now (I eat when I'm stressed or sad)

The result: I've lost 17 pounds. I know that's a lot, but the first week was 7 pounds alone because of the water drop. And at 300+ I can afford to lose a little quicker, I guess. (I don't under eat, I swear! I get *at least* 1600 calories per day! MFP has my goal at 1760)

If I can lose 17 pounds in a month where I feel like I was eating out more than eating at home, and eating more junk than healthy stuff simply because of the nature of the gatherings, and unable to make time for exercise most days because of the schedule... Then I think I can manage to keep losing weight in the coming months.

I haven't been hungry, or grumpy, or tired. I haven't felt deprived because I haven't made any food "off limits"... If it fits, I can have it. I've been waking up, sitting down at the computer, and logging my food for the day, leaving about 300 calories of "cushion" if what I've logged leaves me feeling hungry.

I just wanted to share with you all, since you guys and this monthly mileage challenge have become a big part of my motivation. So thanks y'all for the cheering and the support... It goes a long way! :)
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options

While I have no problem with boneless skinless chicken breasts, they can dry out pretty easily. I would suggest using bone-in chicken in your recipes...juicier might help. Or if you have the frozen chicken breasts, slice them up and make chicken strips out of them, my kids love them and all I do is add salt and pepper and stick them in a pan with a little oil. Smothered chicken is another way (I personally don't like it) that helps disguise the taste of chicken. I also love the blended seasonings that they have -- lemon pepper is my favorite!

I hope you can find something that works.
    I agree. It is very easy to overcook chicken breast. You may just have had too many bad experiences with dried out chicken breast. I can't eat it either.
  • rainandwood93
    rainandwood93 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    Thanks for the warm welcome back.
    I'm doing well today, and I felt so much better after posting last night. I missed you all so much. Still catching up with your lives but I'n sure I'll get there by the weekend.

I'm actually going to make an unusual request tonight and ask for some recipes or advice if you have any. Though I cook at home, I usually have a budget that allows me to cook pretty much anything (within reason) for my family. I can't cook at college as my meal plan is subsidized by my scholarship and I can't justify it. However, at my job I get 45 dollars, 5 times a week (on top of my rent, which is paid for). This leaves me with $225 a week to spend, and I'm hoping to limit my food budget to an average of $10 a day if I can swing it so I have money to pay for gas to go hiking down the coast (in Big Sur!) and Kayaking (In the bay!) on the weekends and also cover other expenses. Any tried and true recipes or tips would be lovely. :)
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Mileage

6/1 - 0
    6/2 - .75
    6/3 - .75
    6/4 - 2.6
    6/5 - 2.5
    6/6 - 1.25
    6/7 - .75
    6/8 - 0
    6/9 - 1.5
    6/10 - 1.25
    6/11 - .25

11.6 / 45
  • Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I'm doing well today, and I felt so much better after posting last night. I missed you all so much. Still catching up with your lives but I'n sure I'll get there by the weekend.

I'm actually going to make an unusual request tonight and ask for some recipes or advice if you have any. Though I cook at home, I usually have a budget that allows me to cook pretty much anything (within reason) for my family. I can't cook at college as my meal plan is subsidized by my scholarship and I can't justify it. However, at my job I get 45 dollars, 5 times a week (on top of my rent, which is paid for). This leaves me with $225 a week to spend, and I'm hoping to limit my food budget to an average of $10 a day if I can swing it so I have money to pay for gas to go hiking down the coast (in Big Sur!) and Kayaking (In the bay!) on the weekends and also cover other expenses. Any tried and true recipes or tips would be lovely. :)

Beans are cheap, versatile and a great protein source. Brown rice as well. It goes a long way. Lentil soup is easy to make, healthy and very satisfying. One cauliflower can make "white sauce", pizza crust, and popcorn. I find a ton of recipes on Pinterest.

Here's a recipe I Iove, though I add an egg and half a cup of flour to bind it better. Also check out the rest of the website for budget meal ideas. http://theeverydayveggie.com/2-meal-week-day-5-black-bean-and-brown-rice-burgers/

Ooh... And I will add my recipe for PB chocolate fudgesicles I just tried and they are awesome!

1 banana
    1 cup chocolate milk
    1/2cup peanut butter
    2 scoops chocolate protein powder

Blend in blender and pour into Popsicle molds, freeze overnight. Makes 8-10 106 calories each (for 8)

You can omit protein powder, use milk/almond milk, cocoa powder, sweetener (agave, stevia). Any combo you like. Or any similar smoothie recipe.

Maybe not super cheap but they could last a few weeks as a treat.
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

This blog has a lot of budget friendly recipes.. I'm sure you can find some to fit your food plan: http://www.budgetbytes.com/
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hi guys!

Well, it's official--I'm done!!! :bigsmile:

I'm really excited for tomorrow's "Cubs" trip. We all bring snacks and such for the bus ride. I made drunken gummi bears which for those who don't know are gummi bears soaked in vodka (you learn a lot as a HS teacher :wink: ). I made a whole batch the other night, and then yesterday, one of my good friends at school mentioned something about hoping someone makes sugar-free jello shots b/c he's Type II Diabetic. So last night after going to the gym, I stopped at Target and bought some sugar-free gummi bears so he can have some as well. :smile: I hope he is happy with the surprise.
  • Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Congrats to all the teachers that are finishing up the year, I am truly jealous!

Today was recovery day at physio... I got very little sleep last night due to the cat getting freaked out/excited about the thunderstorms here. Thursdays are also "tired Thursday" and my PT knows this is my weakest day energy-wise. I did my bike ride, core/back protocol and then lots of hamstring/hip flexor stretches. I graduated to the "spiky" foam roller for quads and hamstrings. Oh man that hurt! I'm also down 1 lb and 1% body fat. The scale showed that I gained 2.2 lbs of bone density as well, and while we had a good laugh at that, I just googled it and apparently weight lifting can do just that. :huh: I'm sure all the dairy I eat doesn't hurt either. :laugh:

6/12: .5 miles