Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Mileage for 6/15: 4.04 miles
    Karen, I got an Omron pedometer. After I actually measured my stride, I had to reset it. The default stride was 27". Mine is 22". Pretty pathetic, but I do have short legs. It estimates my calorie burn quite a bit higher than MFP. I will continue to use MFP's numbers. Better to under estimate than over estimate.
    This has been a crazy week for me food-wise, and today was no exception. We are leaving on Friday for a family reunion and a visit to see my dad in UT. We'll probably be gone about 10 days. I will really have to work on staying on the wagon.
    Here's to a good week for all of us.
    Onward and downward. Kaye
  • littleshadowfeet
    littleshadowfeet Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    June 1 - 3 miles
    June 3 - 3 miles
    June 6 - 4 miles
    June 7 - 2 miles
    June 8 - 4 miles
    June 9 - 2.5 miles
    June 10 - 2 miles
    June 11 - 1.5 miles
    June 13 - 2 miles
    June 15 - 1.5 miles

Total: 25.5 miles
    June goal: 50 miles
  • PaintedCavalry
    Options
    Monday Check-In: As much as I love weekends, I wish they didn't exist for dieting. I can be good through the week, but weekends are a struggle. I need to start buckling down during the weekends because that's the only way I'm going to break my plateau. Even though on the weekends I'm still eating below maintenance.

After being sick after eating fish on Saturday I'm going full vegetarian now. Maybe I'll see some weight come off that way. Meat has a lot more calories than veggies and stuff. Eating any meat sends my stomach in a spiral of pain and usually ends in diarrhea. I do have IBS, but my trigger foods have always changed so I'm thinking for now meat is just a trigger food.

This week is my last week of freedom. Classes start back Monday, I will no longer have any time to do anything. So sad. :(

June goal = 50 miles

6/1- 0
    6/2- 0
    6/3- 0
    6/4- 2.55 (ran outside on trails & dirt)
    6/5- 2.01 (elliptical at gym)
    6/6- 3.00 (walking outside)
    6/7- 0
    6/8- 1.00 (walking)
    6/9- 1 (walking)
    6/10- 5.86 (4.61 elliptical, 1.25 rowing)
    6/11- 3.12 (elliptical)
    6/12- 1 (walking)
    6/13- 1 (walking)
    6/14-1 (walking)
    6/15- 2.5 (walking)

Total Mileage So Far: 24.03
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Good morning all.

Kelley- Glad your wrist repair went well best wishes for a quick recovery.:flowerforyou:

616_zpse52dc99f.jpg

Fresh Veggies Day When : Always June 16th
    Today is Fresh Veggies Day. Take a vow to eat healthy today (and everyday), with fresh veggies for every meal, and for snack, too. Better still, be a vegetarian for a day. Your body will like it.

“Choice, not chance, determines destiny.” ~E.C. McKenzie

Tom
  • RobinB0812
    RobinB0812 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Taking a look at my miles and I will be lucky to make HALF of my goal. It has just been too damn hot to do anything. Plus we are getting into our rainy season where we can expect pretty much daily afternoon/evening showers. It’s been over a week that I have been trying to get to the pool and for one reason or another (weather, health or the pool closed) I have yet to make it.

Welcome to all the newbies! Come on in and take a load off! (No pun intended, well, maybe!) :laugh:

@Robin – It’s it funny how the silliest things can make us happy?? Like finding/creating extra space! I hope your closet clearing went well over the weekend.

@Karen – Sounds like your trip to the ball game was a huge success! Good for you! I must have missed something along the way - where are you planning to go on your trip?

@Kaye – Congrats on your Pedometer. Are you finding it easier to track you miles? Does the Omron also sync to MFP?

@Nettie – By Jove, it’s a NETTIE SIGHTING!! :laugh: :laugh: Glad to hear from you! Your schedule is a super busy one but remember you must take care of yourself. You don’t want to run yourself ragged and back slide or worse, get sick!

@Tanya – Sounds like maybe you are putting too much pressure on yourself? Remember, Rome wasn’t built in a day! Take a step back for a minute and realize how far you have come and bask in THAT glow for a while! That’s what I did when I was getting frustrated with the bit of speed bump I hit with the shin splints.

@Kelley – Glad the surgery was successful, but sorry to hear that the ligament was completely severed. I really hope that it sounds worse than it is.

@Laurie – Just a few short days until your Summertime Funtime starts too! YAY! Do you have great plans for your summer?

@FeraFilia – Congrats on the good news for your husband. I know you must be excited.

@Rain – Your weekend excursions sounded amazing!

@Painted – I can totally relate to your weekend breakdowns. I suffer from the same thing most weekends. I always start out with the best of intentions and then end up in trouble. My weigh in day is Friday so I always manage to undo my slips before I do any real damage. But some weeks I am not losing to my full potential because I am losing what I gained over the weekend first before any additional weight.

June Miles – Goal 60 miles:
    6/01 – 0.80
    6/02 – 1.52
    6/03 – 1.35
    6/04 – 1.26
    6/05 – 1.40
    6/06 – 1.76
    6/07 – 0.34
    6/08 – 1.94
    6/09 – 1.69
    6/10 – 1.03
    6/11 – 0.07
    6/12 – 0.89
    6/13 – 1.59
    6/14 – 1.09
    6/15 – 0.08

Until next time; wishing everyone peace, love and weight loss! :flowerforyou: :heart: :bigsmile:
    and...
    Don't sweat the small stuff, just SWEAT!!
  • beckah35
    beckah35 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Since I missed Sunday I am going to tell a little about myself today. My name is Becky. I am 36 yrs old and a single mom to one 9 yr old girl. I have alway been heavy. I am the same weight I was when I was 18. I have about 180 lbs to lose. I lost around 75 to 80 lbs a few years ago but due to a knee injury I put it all + some back on. I am tired of being tired and in pain all the time. I am determined to lose this weight so that I can live a normal, active life.

Monday check in: I gained a couple lbs back but I usually do over the weekend. For some reason I have a hard time getting my water in and then I get water weight gain over the weekend. I am going to have to try to do better with that and with eating healthy on the weekends. I am always worse on the weekends than during the week.
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

FOR NEWBIES ....................................PLEASE READ................................................................

- soon, (after 48 more postings) we will come to the end of this current thread .- Every 20 pages, - we start a new Thread - you will see at the bottom in the LAST post on THIS PAGE a sentence like this :

(<Continued at this topic >) and the words “this topic” will be IN BLUE.

Click on that phrase and it will take you to the first post on our new page One.

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • hansea47
    hansea47 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Yikes! I am way behind on here. I haven't been finishing my food diary lately, either. Whether it's burn out or busy life, I can't tell. I am working today, and then it's vacation for the rest of the week. And we haven't decided what we're doing yet! Thought about camping, but it looks like thunderstorms in the forecast....we'll see. Hoping I can get back on the rails here on MFP this week.

Here are my June Miles:

6/1: 2.52
    6/2: 1.48
    6/3: 1.50
    6/4: 5.38
    6/5: 5.83
    6/6: 2.58
    6/7: 5.47
    6/8: 2.73
    6/9: 1.73
    6/10: 5.89
    6/11: 1.24
    6/12: 1.78
    6/13: 1.68
    6/14: 8.78 (10K race day...it went GREAT!)
    6/15: 1.00
  • mzfrizz15
    mzfrizz15 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Monday check-in:
    Pain in foot not getting much better, feeling very frustrated. Mostly because I can't do most of the things I like! If there were a city pool, I'd risk scaring folk by stuffing my massive self into a swimsuit, but there isn't, so I sadly shan't. I'm ready to scream.

Cousin and aunt were by over the weekend. Cousin as set the date for her wedding for October. She found a very nice fella who her kids and grandkids adore. :heart:

Mileage update:
    14 June: 7.25 miles, cycling
    15 June: 0, rest day
    16 June: 9.06 miles, cycling
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @mzfrizz--sorry your foot still hurts, but realistically it will probably take a bit of time to fully heal. :ohwell:

@hansea--I have also been a bit lax about logging, but getting back to it this week. How exciting that you are on vacation!

@becky--welcome! :flowerforyou:

@robinB--a friend of mine is getting married in Punta Cana, so my DH and I are planned our vacation there so we can attend. We leave next tuesday (6/24) and return July 2nd. We are having Florida-like temps this week--hot and humid all week with a chance of rain every day after today.

@painted--sorry you are struggling on the weekends. Do you think it's a problem with macros or sodium on the weekends that is causing the plateau? It seems like you should still be losing if you are not going over maintenance.

@kaye--I had an Omron HRM that worked pretty well--then the chest strap broke. A family reunion sounds like great fun.

@fera--congrats on your DH's call back for the job--hope all goes well in the next round.

Monday Check-in:
    Spent the day doing yard work. Mowed front and back yards, filled some holes and seeded, then moved a few hostas to replace some that gunner had dug up. He's usually pretty good about not messing with the plants, but he started digging in the corner before they had sprouted this spring. Now that they are there, he *should* leave that corner alone. I also weeded the flower beds in the back yard and between the patio pavers. All in all it was a productive day though I still need to weed the flower beds out front.

Now I'm all showered and cleaned up and debating whether I feel like going shopping. I have plans to meet a friend tomorrow at the outlet mall, but I could hit the TJ Maxx near my house tonight.

Exercise goals:
    Mon--walk gunner DONE
    Tues--walk gunner + gym
    Wed--walk gunner + help sister move
    Thurs--walk gunner
    Fri--walk gunner + gym
    Sat--wedding in WI
    Sun--walk gunner + gym

Goal Mileage: 80 Miles

6/1 = 3 miles
    6/2 = 5 miles
    6/3 = 3 miles
    6/4 = 1.5 miles
    6/5 = 3 miles
    6/6 = 0 miles
    6/7 = 6 miles
    6/8 = 2 miles
    6/9 = 1 mile
    6/10 = 1 mile
    6/11 = 4 miles
    6/12 = 1 mile
    6/13 = 2 miles
    6/14 = 2 miles
    6/15 = 1.5 miles
    6/16 = 2 miles
  • p1xyn1xy
    p1xyn1xy Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I've been very slack on here lately! Hope everyone had a lovely weekend. I did yard work all Saturday and on Sunday took my hubby out for breakfast. Then we went swimming with the kids for about 4 hours at the local pool! It was a blast. Then we bbq'ed in the evening. A lovely father's day! My schedule has recently changed... I now have Sundays off (haven't had it off without request for 4 years) and most of the day on Saturday (4-cls shifts). It really changes how my weekends roll out. I'm not used to it yet. I've also signed up for the Colour run next Saturday. I'm taking the whole family... I think they'll have fun.
    School gets out in a week and a half and then the summer begins!!! Picnics and playgrounds, library story time and spray parks. Hanging out in the backyard or at the lake. I love summer! Especially no runs to and from the school 3 times a day!!! :happy:
  • Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Having a great trip to Boston/Maine. Had an awesome lunch of oysters and lobster today. So darn good!

June Mileage Goal: 80 miles

6/1 - 4.20
    6/2 - 0
    6/3 - 0
    6/4 - 2.73
    6/5 - 2.17
    6/6 - 2.74
    6/7 - 4.24
    6/8 - 4.12
    6/9 - 2.74
    6/10 - Rest Day
    6/11 - 2.91
    6/12 - 2.91
    6/13 - 4.12
    6/14 - 9.01 miles (20,274 FitBit steps)
    6/15 - 7.53 miles (16,968 FitBit steps)
    6/16 - 5.06 (10,277 FitBit steps)

Total - 54.30
  • hansea47
    hansea47 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    L2T- Yay Maine! Yay Lobster! :)

p1xy- More time with family on the weekends? Sounds like a good thing to have to get used to! Swimming and Color runs...sounds like your summer is already getting started with lots of fun, even if the kids have several more days of class left.

Skinny- I hope Gunner leaves your new plants alone. I think if dogs had thumbs and had to pull weeds and do the planting, they'd appreciate how much hard work it is and be better behaved in the garden!

mzfrizz- It's frustrating, but your foot will feel better eventually. Keep treating it with TLC and be patient. Are you stuck on a stationary bike? Do you have a regular bike that you could ride outside?

RobinB- Grab an umbrella, girl, and get out there! (I talk big, but I'm behind on my June mileage goal too.)

Tom- Celebrated Fresh Veggie Day with lots of good crunchy stuff on my sub at lunch and some nice carrots at dinner.

PC- Sorry you have to get down to business with school starting up again for you while most of us are starting summer fun!

Kaye- I'm imagining your family reunions must be a pretty large affair...is this with your family or your husband's? If everyone in your family tree was blessed with as many children and grandchildren as you, that would make for a sizeable group! Fun!

Fera- Good luck to your husband on his interview. I hope it's a good match! Glad you're getting your energy back...you'll need it for the move if he gets the position in Indiana!

AFM- I've been slacking on the tracking! Tonight I promised to finish my diary no matter what. Over calories, but at least I'm getting it tracked.
    Saturday I ran my first ever 10K race. This is a huge event...there were almost 20,000 participants. I finished in 1:26:59, which was under my goal of finishing in an hour and a half! I ran the whole thing, only walking at four water stations....I can't drink and run at the same time. It was beautiful weather for the run and I had a great recovery, so I'm less scared about doing the half marathon this fall.
    Tomorrow I begin my half marathon training schedule! Eee! I'm going for it. The me of two years ago would never have imagined this!

Today's Miles:
    6/16: 1.04
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    I just received some good news, the City of Annapolis is only raising my gym fees by $6.00 total. Enough people complained that the city listen. I can deal with that increase since it is still the best deal in town.

Good day today. The year is winding down only 2 school days left-happy dance. Tomorrow we celebrate with our 8th graders and hopefully it won't be to hot. Temps will be in the 90's with high humidity. We also have baby shower #2 tomorrow so more snack foods and a pizza lunch with the kids. It will be a fun week. Then Wednesday, I will be making ice cream with my students who come to school. Informal poll and most of them are planning to stay home and celebrate the end to middle school.

Miles updated

P1 and Hansea thanks for catching up the mileage.

It is not to late to catch up on your miles. I am still missing a few people from last week so get the numbers in by Tuesday/Wednesday if possible.

Have a great day.
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Sunday Share on Monday = Hi I'm Robin - I started this thread in 2010 - too long ago for a sane person, I know. I have lost weight twice while here, due to illness and surgery and being ignorant and not learning my lessons and living by them.
    I live in Omaha, NE and am 63 and divorced. I live alone in a wee condo, small deck, the one perk here is a heated swimming pool. Right now I am in a crabby mood, so I better shut up! Someone told me silence is a virtue!

Miles for Laurie!

6/12 – 1.5
    6/13 – .5
    6/14 – rest
    6/15 – .5
    6/16 – .5
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Mileage for 6/16: 4.66 miles
    Hansea, congratulations on preparing for the half marathon. My daughter Nicole ran her first half about 2 years after she started running. She's training for her second one now.
    The family reunion is for my Father's grandfather's descendants. The reunion has been going on for over 60 years in southern Idaho where they settled when they came from England. It is near The City of Rocks state park, a really unique geological area that is fun for hiking and climbing. There will be some people their I know, and many I don't, because we haven't been able to go for a long time.
    Pix, your plans for the summer sound delightful. I'm glad you will have more weekend time with them.
    Mzfrizz, your foot may take a long time to heal. I had that and it lasted a long time. Nothing worked until I had a cortisone shot.
    Karen, have a wonderful vacation.
    I'm still getting the Omron pedometer adjusted. Apparently, the 22" stride was too short. I'm still working on it. It doesn't sink with anything. It's just an inexpensive one.
    I went to my knee dr today. He suggested that I cut my walking down by about half, but continue with the water aerobics. He prescribed a pain pill to take at night so I can sleep better. I sure hope they work.
    I also have really been struggling with weekends, too. Here's to a better week.
    Onward and downward. Kaye
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Miles for 6/16 - 1.2

Today was a mostly rest day, no planned exercise, but I cleaned ALL THE THINGS today, so I did get some activity in, lots of bending and upper body moving with the scrubbing... not so much walking around, though I did do laps around my apartment for the multiple loads of laundry I got finished today.

Up early tomorrow to take care of a friend's baby for a couple hours while she runs a few errands.

Good night! :)
  • rainandwood93
    rainandwood93 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Another flying check it. Did a class called RIPPED today, and I feel beat. Cooked crock pot turkey taco chili to use as leftovers for the week, same with apple pie oatmeal. Slept poorly last night and feel that I'm on the edge of a cold, so I'm going to bed now. Love to all of you.
    - Laura
  • littleshadowfeet
    littleshadowfeet Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    June 1 - 3 miles
    June 3 - 3 miles
    June 6 - 4 miles
    June 7 - 2 miles
    June 8 - 4 miles
    June 9 - 2.5 miles
    June 10 - 2 miles
    June 11 - 1.5 miles
    June 13 - 2 miles
    June 15 - 1.5 miles
    June 17 - 2 miles

Total: 27.5 miles
    June goal: 50 miles
  • PaintedCavalry
    Options
    Day 3 with no meat and I feel so much better. No more severe stomach pains or emergency trips to the bathroom. Last night I went running almost 3 miles in the 90' Florida heat (humidity made it like 97'). Even in the shade it was hot, but running outside is so much harder than the treadmill or elliptical and to me that makes it feel like I really did something. Now if only my legs could keep up with my lung capacity. Plus the trail I run aren't finished so I get to play dodge the roots and mud puddles which makes it more interesting. Lol!

I am finding the mileage challenge is making me go to the gym or to go run outside. Because I want to meet that 50 miles at the end of the month just to say that I did. I think next month I'll push for more. I've started the C25K again, but I think I'm not going to really push that until I'm back in school and have access to the indoor track since it is summer outside.

@skinnyjeanz I've always had a very hard time losing weight, even under medically supervised VLC diets. So I'm not too surprised I'm not losing at the rate they say. I also tend to plateau and then have a big drop. Eating under 1000 calories a day for 4 months in a medically supervised deal I only lost 22lbs. Someone weighing what I weigh should've dropped twice that.

June goal = 50 miles

6/1- 0
    6/2- 0
    6/3- 0
    6/4- 2.55 (ran outside on trails & dirt)
    6/5- 2.01 (elliptical at gym)
    6/6- 3.00 (walking outside)
    6/7- 0
    6/8- 1.00 (walking)
    6/9- 1 (walking)
    6/10- 5.86 (4.61 elliptical, 1.25 rowing)
    6/11- 3.12 (elliptical)
    6/12- 1 (walking)
    6/13- 1 (walking)
    6/14-1 (walking)
    6/15- 2.5 (walking)
    6/16- 2.9 (running dirt trails)

Total Mileage So Far: 26.93