Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Rain- Happy Belated birthday. Best wishes for the year ahead.

Robin E- You are all caught up thank you.

Tanya- spiky foam roller- I hate that thing. It leaves me bruised on my thighs so I avoid it like the plaque. The last time I used it, my thighs looked like a checker board of bruises and then I realized what caused it.

Karen- Yeah for being done. Gummy bears soaked in vodka- yum may need to try that soon. Congrats on being done. Enjoy the game.

Truth- I got myself off track and I need to get back on. I am getting there. I will be making changes once summer starts so I will see what happens at that point.

Time to update status from June 1-7. Be back soon.
  • Lauriek70
    Options
    Distance Milestones—How far we have come in JUNE and we just keep going.

:love: :love: :love: The status update for the week of June 1-7, 2014. :love: :love: :love:

Drum Roll Please

A little louder

LOUDER-CAN YOU HEAR THE APPLUASE? WE ARE ROCKING THIS CHALLENGE

Excited_man_2.gif

Starting line:smile:
    Kjeffires (started after week one)

1 mile Club

2 mile Club

3.1 miles (5K club):wink:
    Susan (3.5 miles)

4 miles (8K):laugh:
    Robin E (4.5 miles)

5 Miles (9K):happy:
    Hansea (8.35 miles)
    Paintedcav (7.56 miles)
    MsFrizz (5.02 miles)
    Ushkill (6.65 miles)
    Tanya (6.4 miles)
    Kara K (6 miles)

8 Miler:flowerforyou:
    Mowmow (8.6 miles)
    Robin B (8.33 miles)

9 miles=15K :heart:
    Renaejae (9 miles)

10 miles:drinker:
    jtconst (10.24 miles)
    p1nxy (11.68 miles)

12 miles=20K :bigsmile:
    Little Shadow (12 miles)

½ marathon- 13.1 miles=22km:bigsmile: :bigsmile:
    L2Travel (15.9 miles)

16 miles-Sprint Triathlon Level (you just complete the distance of a Sprint Triathlon:smile::love:
    Skinny Jeanz (21.5 miles)
    FeraFillia (18.7 miles)
    Hansea (24.76 miles)
    Tom (18.69 miles
    Kelly (20.2 miles)
    Damensha (18.61 miles)
    Nettie (17.92 miles)
    Tlh (16.22 Miles)
    Walking Queen (23.28 miles

Marathon club-26.2 miles=43km:laugh: :drinker:
    Laurie 31.75 miles
    Kaye (32.61 miles)

33.93 Miles=Olympic distance triathlon level (51.5km):bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
    Aimee (49.09 miles)

63.86 Miles- ITU Long course Distance Triathlon

graphics-walking-405043_zpsef606c3d.gif

Total miles for challenge: 2110
    Miles completed by 6/7/14 360.36
    Miles to go: 1494.64

Everyone is doing great. We have 28 people participating in this challenge. We ARE ROCKING this challenge.
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    My June miles so far:

June 1 - 3.5 miles
    June 2 - 3.4 miles
    June 3 - 2.4 miles
    June 4 - 1.8 miles
    June 5 - 2.8 miles
    June 6 - 3.0 miles
    June 7 - 1.8 miles
    June 8 - 0.7 miles
    June 9 - 1.4 miles
    June 10 - 2.5 miles
    June 11 - 3.0 miles
    June 12 - 2.6 miles

Total: 28.9 miles
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Mileage for 6/12: 6.16 miles
    Spent a lot of my morning helping Nicole set up for her yard sale. She let friends and family know that she was having a yard sale to pay hospital bills from Anya's illness. I can't believe how much stuff has been given to her. She will have a huge sale. I hope lots of people come.
    I'm enjoying all of your reports. Even those who are struggling have good plans to turn things around. We can do this.
    Onward and downward. Kaye
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @laurie--thanks for the mileage update--we are rockin' it! :drinker: Have you not heard of the vodka gummi bears before? I thought all teachers knew that trick. If I see a student eating gummi bears, worms, etc. I always take a close look to be sure they aren't "drunken." I've never actually caught a kid with the "illegal" version, but sadly many kids make these to bring to school.

@tanya--those are awesome losses and a great gain in bone density--I've read that about weight training as well.

@kris--looks like you are right on track to make your mileage goal.

@rain--happy belated! :flowerforyou:

@fera--that's great progress for your 1st month back! :drinker:

@robin--hope you get to kayak soon!

@tammy--sorry your pups are sick--that stinks. :ohwell: But yay for being done babysitting! :flowerforyou:

@tom--love the jerky Mt. Rushmore. :laugh:

@painted--when I was in college, I lived right on Lake Michigan (I went to Loyola Chicago). My roommate and I used to run north on Sheridan Rd, and then we would cut back down the beach to campus. Running in sand is so TOUGH!

@heidi--that's too bad about the orders to lay off exercise--I hope your ankle heals quickly. :flowerforyou:

@kaye--happy anniversary!! Wow, you have quite a milestone coming next year--any big plans to celebrate it? My parents' 50th will be in 2016 and we will either do a family trip or have a party for them--their choice.

AFM--Had an okay day food-wise. I thought I was way over, then realized I had logged a whole bagel, when in reality I only ate half--phew! :laugh: I got a present from a student. It was a box of dark chocolate covered coconut candies, and a pecan divinity from Savannah's. I put the box out in our office for co-workers, and will take the rest on the bus tomorrow. I kept the divinity for myself. :blushing: However, I managed to eat just one small piece--fortunately, it's so sweet just a little bit satisfies.

I realize I misspoke (typed?) in my previous post--my friend has Type 1 (juvenile) diabetes. Either way, he has to watch his sugar, hence the sugar-free gummis.

Exercise goals:
    Mon--walk gunner DONE
    Tues--walk gunner NOT DONE
    Wed--walk gunner DONE + gym DONE
    Thurs--walk gunner DONE
    Fri--walk gunner
    Sat--walk gunner + gym
    Sun--walk gunner + gym

Goal Mileage: 80 Miles

6/1 = 3 miles
    6/2 = 5 miles
    6/3 = 3 miles
    6/4 = 1.5 miles
    6/5 = 3 miles
    6/6 = 0 miles
    6/7 = 6 miles
    6/8 = 2 miles
    6/9 = 1 mile
    6/10 = 1 mile
    6/11 = 4 miles
    6/12 = 1 mile
  • KATRENAJ
    KATRENAJ Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Bump - Struggling to log and follow the self care plan. Have unplanned activities cut into my time and my granddaughters wedding is this weekend. Should be fun.

Katrena
  • Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    It's a big day for me MFP wise. Today is my 365th day of logging. 1 year and 110 pounds gone. As the biggest doubter of success for myself, I have to say I have exceeded anything I could have imagined. It's been a great year. I've learned so much about myself and have come to terms with many of my weaknesses that have stood in my way in the past. And somehow I've found a path to success. Thank you, thank you, thank you to all of you for your wisdom, humor and friendship!!

Off to Boston early in the morning. I'll be logging ( Go Year 2!) but will catch up with the thread when I get back next week.

June Mileage Goal: 80 miles

6/1 - 4.20
    6/2 - 0
    6/3 - 0
    6/4 - 2.73
    6/5 - 2.17
    6/6 - 2.74
    6/7 - 4.24
    6/8 - 4.12
    6/9 - 2.74
    6/10 - Rest Day
    6/11 - 2.91
    6/12 - 2.91
    6/13 - 4.12

Total - 32.70
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone.

612_zpsdbd72cf1.jpg

Happy-NATIONAL BLAME SOMEONE ELSE DAY
    Are you ready to have a good day? National Blame Someone Else Day is always celebrated on the first Friday the 13th of the year. This year the lucky month is June!
    The way to celebrate today is self-explanatory in it’s name and really not much more needs to be said. If you do not want to blame someone, put the blame on something
    (remember, it is all in fun!).:laugh:

“It is our attitude at the beginning of a difficult task which, more than anything else, will affect its successful outcome.” ~William James

Tom
  • mzfrizz15
    mzfrizz15 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Great job on the mileage, everyone! :flowerforyou:

My Friday fitness: So, I think I won't have any issues hitting 20 miles this month, what with only being able to do cycling for the next week and change. I'm tempted to add more to my goal, but uncertain. I know I will definitely be working out a minimum of 4 days a week, tho! I KNOW I will be heading back outside once this darn foot feels better! Iced up water bottle rolling is helping, getting some inserts later today. Trying hard to not snap at anyone, but I got cabin fever ba-ad. :laugh:

Mileage to date!
    1 June: rest
    2 June: rest
    3 June: 1.3 miles, walking
    4 June: 0.93 miles, walking
    5 June: 1.09 miles, walking
    6 June: rest
    7 June: 1.7 miles, walking
    8 June: rest
    9 June: 1.5 miles, walking
    10 June: 0.88 miles, walking
    11 June: 2.5 miles, cycling
    12 June: rest
    13 June: 10.4 miles, cycling (the rare program I like was on TV :laugh: )
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday! I went to the doctor yesterday because I am constantly tired. He took blood work and results were normal he did however notice that my BP went from being 112/60 for the last year to 129/95 which was odd and a week ago the dentist said it was high also last week. He wants to examine the BP more next week when he takes another reading.

I had shrimp and talapia on the grill last night was delicious.
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    It's a big day for me MFP wise. Today is my 365th day of logging. 1 year and 110 pounds gone. As the biggest doubter of success for myself, I have to say I have exceeded anything I could have imagined. It's been a great year. I've learned so much about myself and have come to terms with many of my weaknesses that have stood in my way in the past. And somehow I've found a path to success. Thank you, thank you, thank you to all of you for your wisdom, humor and friendship!!

Off to Boston early in the morning. I'll be logging ( Go Year 2!) but will catch up with the thread when I get back next week.

110 pounds! That's so amazing. Congratulations to you! Hopefully next year I can be saying the same. :)

Have fun in Boston, and safe travels. :)
  • RobinB0812
    RobinB0812 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I have been reading everyone's posts all week, but haven't popped in to say hello at all. I have been dealing with a tremedous toothache that unfortunately I have to just deal with for the time being. A lot of home remedies and today it's starting to feel a little better. Eating has been challenging which you think would be a good thing, but eating below 1000 calories for a few days is not making the scale drop any quicker. I think my body may think it's in starvation mode. I am really hoping that I have turned the corner today as I have been able to take only Advil and not a prescription pain killer.

A few personals that I can remember off the top of my head (even though I might be a day late and a dollar short!):

@L2T - You are AWESOME!!! CONGRATULATIONS on your 1 year MFP anniversary! What a fablous success story you are!

@Rain - Welcome back and happy belated birthday!

@Karen - Drunken gummies?? I don't care for candy at all (unless it's CHOCOLATE!) but drunken gummies?? Yeah, I could dig that! Happy Summertime Funtime to you and I hope you enjoy your "Cubs" game tonight.

@Kaye - Congrats to your granddaugher. What I wonder life experience for her!

@Robin - Mike and his ex-girlfriend (they can't admit they still want to be together!) went canoeing at a local park a few weeks ago. It was very inexpensive so Chelsea and I will be putting it on our fitness agenda. Not exactly kayaking, but pretty darn close.

@painted - Glad to hear Gunther is on the mend.

@jt - Glad that Zeus is on the mend, but sorry they now have colds.

@Laurie - thanks again for your dedication to our mileage goals.

@Tom - My day is never complete until I see what the day will bring for us to celebrate! It seems you have found the national registry of things to celebrate! I love it and I blame YOU for that!! :wink:

@queen - You with your son have me beat! My son is hovering near 6'4" but at 23, he's done growing. Your son still has a few years before he tops out! WOW!

If I missed anyone, my apologies! You are all still in my thoughts and I will catch up with you next time! Like Kaye, I am on a tablet from home so doing personals is a bit challenging and why I mostly only post during the week from work, but I am always reading!

June Miles – Goal 60 miles:
    6/01 - 0.80
    6/02 - 1.52
    6/03 - 1.35
    6/04 - 1.26
    6/05 - 1.40
    6/06 - 1.76
    6/07 - 0.34
    6/08 - 1.94
    6/09 - 1.69
    6/10 - 1.03
    6/11 - 0.07
    6/12 - 0.89

Until next time; wishing everyone peace, love and weight loss! :flowerforyou: :heart: :bigsmile:
    and...
    Don't sweat the small stuff, just SWEAT!!

ETA: After 31 pounds lost, today for the first time one of my co-workers noticed! What a good feeling that is!
  • puffykitty82
    puffykitty82 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Hi all thought I would join your thread. I have over a hundred pounds to lose. I am on a 1400 cal diet by a medical weight loss center in my area. I am hoping thay beging active in the MFP forums, plus tracking, and following my Drs advice I will finally stick to a new way of eating.
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Aimee - wow - going for 200 miles - fantastic - uh, wait, grumpy AND emotional? they go together? I never realized! :laugh:

Ushkii - when you commented on your 3 lbs, I was reminded of the plumber who came over yesterday. He was quite old. When I asked him his age, he said he was Looking at 80, but he wouldn't say from What Direction! Ha! I laughed outloud at that! He got me!

Ashley0820 - WELCOME! We're the place for you. You might as well plan on falling off that wagon once or twice more. It just happens! But, we'll be here to pick you up and get you going again and losing more and more weight than ever before - because you're on a life long change and a lifestyle journey with us!

Fera - Oh that 17 lbs is AMAZING!! WOOT FOR FERA!!! :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: I like that you log your food in the morning and leave yourself a 300 cal cushion. I could learn from you!

Skinny - y'all are so thoughtful with the sugar-free vodka-soaked gummi-bears! I buy something called Fruities, which are similar, I'm sure, and as I read your post, the light-bulb went off over my head for a sinful treat! Oh wow what fun! But, I'd have to invest in vodka - hmm...oh well, can decide all summer... have FUN AT THE CUBS GAME!!!! :bigsmile:

Tanya - WOOT! Down 1 LB !!! WOOT !! :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: so happy for you! and very interesting data about the bone density and bone weight - thanks for sharing that info - I appreciate that as someone with bone loss. I drink PLENTY MILK too!

Laurie - can't wait for you to be OUT OF SCHOOL! ITS UNFAIR!!! :sad: :sad: :sad:

Katrena - have fun at your daughters wedding

L2T - congrats on 1 year of successful weight loss - 110 lbs - WOOT! :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: :love: :love: and 365 days of logging! That is a tremendous record. You have pulled up from your depths such strength of will it is amazing. Very much impressed with you!
    Have a great trip!

Tom - 4 miles - wowzers! busy day!

MsFrizz - just keep pluggin' away with that chipper attitude of yours. You can always up your mileage challenge when your foot is definitely better, wait until then to do it. Keep rollin' that water bottle until then! :wink:

Queen - glad you had yourself checked out and mostly normal but for BP. I've heard you cannot "catch up" on sleep lost, so there's no hope there! But like Laurie, you probably need to rest, rest, rest after the hectic graduation and crazy last month of activity. Not that its your source of problem, but it helps along the way. I hope you find the cause!

Robin B - So someone FINALLY NOTICED!! WHoo Hooo!!! Its about time, isn't it?? :love: Make you feel good? Hope so! You earned it - 31 lbs is great, Robin! So proud of you for your achievement - way to go. Hope you have some new outfit to wear!
    So sorry about your toothache - I hope you can take care of it SOON! Mouth pain is BAD and NOT EATING is NO FUN :cry: :sad:

PUFFYKITTY - Welcome to our thread! please come back often!

I APOLOGIZE if I offended anyone by my soapbox stance on public service by young adults. I did not mean to imply that attending college was not an option in any way.

AFM: My attempts at kayaking have been shut down again. Next try will be next week sometime. Oh Darn. I suppose I won't mention it again until AFTER I have done it, or I will cause myself "bad luck" :laugh: ! I will be sorting through my boxes of papers this w/e. Nothing else to do, and I have such a ton of stuff I have saved, such as old cards that are pointless to have, just a fire hazard. I'm getting ready to move my Christmas stuff from my spare bedroom closet down to my storage cabinet which is in an underground space I found out I have. Its quite roomy and will give me much needed space up in the closet here in the condo. It actually makes me excited.
  • beckah35
    beckah35 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    My name is Becky. I am a newbie here. Hoping that some accountability will help me stay on track.
  • littleshadowfeet
    littleshadowfeet Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    June 1 - 3 miles
    June 3 - 3 miles
    June 6 - 4 miles
    June 7 - 2 miles
    June 8 - 4 miles
    June 9 - 2.5 miles
    June 10 - 2 miles
    June 11 - 1.5 miles
    June 13 - 2 miles

Total: 24 miles
    June goal: 50 miles
  • Lauriek70
    Options
    bump
    congrats L2T on your anniversary.

mileage updated
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Mileage for 6/13: 2.9 miles
    L2T, congratulations on your very successful year,
    Little Shadow, so sorry you have been slowed down. I hope you heal quickly.
    I had Nicole's kids over here this morning. Nicole was so busy with her yard sale that she didn't have time to fix them breakfast. I didn't get a lot done this afternoon, but I did sew a couple of buttons on shirts for DH. Today was national sewing machine day. I figured I should at least use mine for a few minutes.
    Today I got a pedometer. It will make it easier for me to record my mileage while we are on vacation. Then I found out that Nicole sold one at her yard sale. Oh, well.
    I usually go for weeks without eating out. This week we have eaten out three times. This evening we went out, and saw the 'Fault in Our Stars'. I really enjoyed it. It is a very sweet story.
    Have a great weekend. Onward and downward. Kaye
  • Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    @ Laurie... I'm seeing the checkerboard bruises this morning.
    @ L2T... Congrats on your milestone! That's fantastic, and a phenomenal loss for that time period as well!

I'm thinking of using the couch 2 10k app to help me get longer distance runs in. I feel like I'm taking a step back by walking minute intervals but I think it may help me run longer as a result. I will start at week 9 which is 4 10 min runs with 1 minute walks in between.

June goal:25 miles (running only)

6/1: 1.9
    6/3: 2
    6/5: 2.5
    6//8: 2.5
    6/11: 4
    6/12: .5

Total: 13.4
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Good morning all.

613_zpse863deb0.jpg

Happy Flag Day!
    Americans observe Flag Day each year on June 14, the day when the Continental Congress first issued the U.S. Flag in 1777. This year’s Flag Day is extra special because 2014 also the 200th anniversary year of The Star-Spangled Banner

“You will never change your life until you change something you do daily.” ~Mike Murdock

Tom