Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Good midday everyone.

Robin I hope you have fun with your kayaking friend!

kayak_zpsaf365447.gif

Tom
  • Damensha
    Damensha Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Just dropping by to save my place and give a miles update. I’ve been so slacking but I’m heading out the door to try to get a couple of miles in between showers today. I hope everyone has had a fantastic weekend!

Much :heart: & Hugs!
    Jenn :flowerforyou:

P.S. No More Cake! LOL! :explode: :laugh:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sunday 6/1 – 2.29 Miles (5665 steps)
    Monday 6/2 – 3.44 Miles (8520 steps)
    Tuesday 6/3 – 3.27 Miles (8097 steps)
    Wednesday 6/4 – 2.02 Miles (5001 steps)
    Thursday 6/5 – 1.71 Miles (4236 steps)
    Friday 6/6 – 3.54 Miles (8754 steps)
    Saturday 6/7 – 2.34 Miles (5796 steps)
    Sunday 6/8 – Stepping it up today! If I don’t I’ll NEVER make my miles goal this month!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    JUNE Mileage Goals:
    3/30 – 7,500 Steps /Day
    2.66/20 – Exercise only miles (5/week)
    18.61/95 – At least 95 Miles total for the Month
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys!

I got way behind in the thread and admit I only skimmed page 13--I'm sure I'll figure out if I missed anything vital.

Thanks for all of the well-wishes for Relay for Life. We had terrible weather, and after a lot of back and forth the organizers decided to move it indoors around 10:30 pm. It lost some of the fun once we were all crammed into the field house, and a lot of people decided to just pack it in and go home rather than move indoors, but we stuck it out. Due to the move and delay in some of the ceremonies and performances, I only got in about 5 miles of walking, but at least I got that much.

Someone asked why it was at night--I think it's partially a facilities issue, but also suspect that the students who organize it prefer the "slumber party" aspect.

Came home this morning and crashed until about noon. Now I need to walk gunner and head out to do some shopping.

Will check back later tonight.

Exercise goals:
    Mon--walk gunner DONE + gym DONE
    Tues--walk gunner DONE + mow lawn DONE
    Wed--walk gunner DONE
    Thurs--walk gunner + gym RAN OUTSIDE INSTEAD
    Fri--rest day
    Sat--walk gunner DONE + Relay for Life (overnight) DONE
    Sun--walk gunner

30-day Ab Challenge: Days completed: 4/30

Goal Mileage: 80 Miles

6/1 = 3 miles
    6/2 = 5 miles
    6/3 = 3 miles
    6/4 = 1.5 miles
    6/5 = 3 miles
    6/6 = 0 miles
    6/7 = 6 miles
  • Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Lto T - Dreams can be pretty fortelling, can't they? I can see why you woke up in a panic. Has your daughter always wanted a BIG wedding? Oh MY!!!! :flowerforyou: Well, maybe she'll surprise you. But obviously there's lots of trips in your future!

@robin - I haven't even discussed the type or size of wedding wanted with either DD. They're both very practical and down to earth so I'm sure they won't want anything too showy. DH and I have come to the conclusion that we'll give each of them a hefty check to be spent on a wedding or if they prefer to go to the courthouse for a down payment on a house or whatever else they choose to spend it on. We feel like we did about their educations. We have worked hard, saved well and want to give them help in starting their married lives. We'd hate them to be burdened with debt from a wedding. Of course if they want something not affordable with what we provide, they will have to come up with the difference.
  • Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Robin: so glad you got rid of 4 meds and are back to exercise. That's a huge step in the right direction! Kayaking sure sounds fun. I really miss the water, and have shied away from canoeing/kayaking, even going to the beach and swimming because of my size. My BF took lessons and bought a kayak last year. So when he decides to hit the water, I'm left out. This year though I'm now smaller than him and thinking of taking a lesson ( last year I also had doubts I could kayak due to my back pain). I just don't think I can afford to buy a kayak this year. I may try to look for something "gently used" in the want ads.

AFM... Very lazy day today. It's raining so I'm not getting any steps in, I'm off the rails in eating the last few days, but did make a batch of black bean burgers for dinners this week. My sister talked me in to doing a charity 5k obstacle course in July, but I'm not looking forward to it (yet?). She says it's going to be a lot of fun, but at this point I feel that it's something that I'm doing " to see if I can do it", or more of a challenge than a fun race. Maybe I will feel differently closer to the event.

No mileage to add since Thursday.
  • littleshadowfeet
    littleshadowfeet Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Just getting on the June challenge... walking away the lbs videos since I'm still not allowed outside :p

June 1 - 3 miles
    June 3 - 3 miles
    June 6 - 4 miles
    June 7 - 2 miles
    June 8 - 4 miles

Total: 16 miles
    June goal: 75 miles
  • aimeemarie150
    aimeemarie150 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    6/1: 1.0
    6/2: rest
    6/3: 20.37
    6/4: rest :( it rained
    6/5: 21.35
    6/6: 5
    6/7: 1.37
    6/8: 2.53

Total: 51.62
    Goal: 150 miles
  • mzfrizz15
    mzfrizz15 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Hello all! Sunday share time again, I see.

Well, yesterday was grocery day. My brother tagged along. Much to my surprise, 99% of the things he picked out were actually healthy. (Fish, fruit, fresh bread, etc) Maybe he's been listening after all? Had gotten a take and bake lasagna, because Saturday night is my cheat meal.
  • armaines420
    armaines420 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've been using MFP for about 2 weeks now. I started at 265...haven't weighed since. My daughter has been diagnosed with hypotyroidism and now we see a nutritionist together. She will start medication at the end of the month and her weight will fall off fast. Me, I gained 30 pounds since I married in September and was diagnosed copd. I have since stopped smoking and gin on vapor so I can breathe again! I was in a car accident in 98 and this past year all of the damage has finally started showing up via mri. I used to be a yoga nut, doctor says no more of that. I miss yoga. I'm stationary a lot and I use a cane from time to time when my nerve slips. I refuse all narcotic treatment. My daughter and I are on a mission together. I will be mobile again! Everyday since starting the MFP ap, I have stayed under goal!! My clothes are looser and I'm sleeping a little better. I've learned how to eat and am amazed at how much can be eaten when Youre eating good things! I'm getting my life back and not starving at all! Coolest trick Ive learned so far: switch the ice cream for frozen cool whip!!! I need more friends to keep me going right now I have 2 who are local and I see often and one in Ohio. I live in Florida by the way. Friend me!! May God Bless!!
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    A great birthday weekend but I have been super busy. I just found the time to get on here today. Still battling the sinus infection but now have anitbiotics- yeah so it should be gone soon. Went hiking yesterday- great experience- but I prefer going up instead of down. Today, was a rest day. Yes, Robin I do need a couple of days were I can sleep, sleep and sleep.

Susan- You are part of this challenge.

Don't forget to update miles tonight and tomorrow.

Sunday rest
    Monday- workout gym
    Tuesday- ?
    Wednesday- trainer
    Thursday-- Gym
    Friday- Climb
    Saturday swim
    Sunday-rest unless I opt for the gym later.

We have about 26 people participating so far in this challenge.
    Total miles for goal is 2076, completed to date 314.48 as of 6/7/14

Have a great week.
  • KATRENAJ
    KATRENAJ Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I made a Self Care List for myself and am determined to stick by it.. I believe it will help me in the long run. Today I was successful. Grandson came over and worked in my yard for me. We all went to the pool and grilled out. and sat around and talked with neighbors. My other grandchildren came over for a while.

LaurieK Happy Birthday My miles are 1/2 miles today

armain2 - Good for you. If you are having chronic pain, try giving up gluten for 4 weeks and see if it makes a difference for you. It certainly does for me.

Robin - So happy you are kayaking. It sounds like so much fun. I wish I could learn how and do this. DD brought dress by and it was just like mine. This is so wierd. We once painted our living room on an impulse without telling the other and we both chose an odd shade of pink.

Katrena
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @laurie--glad you had a nice birthday weekend! I honestly can't recall if I officially wished you a happy b-day on here, so if not--cheers! :drinker:

Had a good afternoon. Walked gunner and did some grocery shopping, then met a friend at a bar with a patio to enjoy this gorgeous weather. Just got home at 10 and am doing a bit of laundry before bed.

Tomorrow I have a hair appt. after work. I'm thinking of going full blonde. Right now I have blonde highlights and reddish-caramel lowlights, but I feel the need for a change. My true preference would be to go dark brown, but with my *lovely* grays coming in, it's just too much upkeep for me. The blonde camouflages the gray nicely.

Exercise goals:
    Mon--walk gunner DONE + gym DONE
    Tues--walk gunner DONE + mow lawn DONE
    Wed--walk gunner DONE
    Thurs--walk gunner + gym RAN OUTSIDE INSTEAD
    Fri--rest day
    Sat--walk gunner DONE + Relay for Life (overnight) DONE
    Sun--walk gunner DONE

30-day Ab Challenge: Days completed: 4/30

Goal Mileage: 80 Miles

6/1 = 3 miles
    6/2 = 5 miles
    6/3 = 3 miles
    6/4 = 1.5 miles
    6/5 = 3 miles
    6/6 = 0 miles
    6/7 = 6 miles
    6/8 = 2 miles
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Miles for 6/8: 6.3 miles
    We are excited that our oldest granddaughter has received her call to serve a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. She will serve for 18 months in the Ogden, Utah Mission, speaking Spanish. She will receive her language training at the Missionary Training Center in Mexico City. Super proud of her.
    I talked to one of my friends that I helped get started last week. She says they are doing really well. Her sister, the one who is the heaviest and has the most health problems, has macular degeneration. She was having too much trouble logging so she calls her sister every evening and she logs it for her. I'm so glad they are doing well.
    Here's to a good week for all of us. Onward and downward. Kaye
  • PaintedCavalry
    Options
    Update on Gunther:
    Everything is good. There was no damage to his actual eye, just a big scratch on his eyelid that caused the swelling. Some antibiotic drops and he was right as rain. All the swelling was gone by Sunday. He also weighs in at 40lbs at 6 months. The vet predicts him to end up around 130lbs. I really hope not. I mean, we love our English Mastiff, Tiberius, who's 190lbs, but the vet costs on the big dogs are way up there!

This weekend I did not do good again. I tried to track and did so on Saturday, but Sunday was a bust. Scale is not budging since I started here on MFP, but I'm eating more consistently which I was not doing.

June goal = 50 miles

6/1- 0
    6/2- 0
    6/3- 0
    6/4- 2.55 (ran outside on trails & dirt)
    6/5- 2.01 (elliptical at gym)
    6/6- 3.00 (walking outside)
    6/7- 0
    6/8- 1.00 (walking)

Total Mileage so far: 8.55

BTW, I found a pedometer app for my phone that's supposedly pretty accurate. It's called Noom Walk and it's free. Just have to remember to keep your phone in your pocket.

The fawn is Gunther, the blue merle is my Aussie, Lexus.
    fAdlJM5l.jpg
  • Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    @laurie - Sounds like you had a great Birthday. Wishes for many more happy and healthy years!

@ranae - Just looked at the forecast for Maine next week and it looks like high 60s/low 70s. Really looking forward to our trip. Your walk along the river sounds wonderful.

@susan - I feel your frustration with work/life balance. It's easier for me now that my babies are grown and gone, but I clearly remember how stressed I was when I had to juggle work while making sure I was there for them at all times. Not surprising that we fall into taking care of everything and everyone but ourselves. Hope things calm down and you get some rest!

@kjeffries - Congrats on the loss!

@MowMow - Hope your boy is feeling better!

@jconst - Yay for smaller sizes! I just wore a pair of short I bought in April for the first time and they're already loose. I'm going to order a couple more in a 14 and get the 16s altered. I think the alterations lady I go to will have a nice vacation this summer courtesy of all my business.

@robin - LOL at your posting angst. I've done the same thing.

@tanya - I want to learn to kayak! We have a couple big lakes near us and the US White Water Center gives lessons. Gonna put this on my summer to do list.

@kaye - Congrats to your granddaughter!

AFM - Busy week getting ready to go to Boston. I'm one of those people who can't leave their houses in less than perfect shape when they're leaving for a trip so lots to do before Saturday. I ended up getting a FitBit Zip to track steps while we're on vacation. I'm not going to worry about not walking specifically for exercise since we'll be doing plenty every day.

Haven't lost (or gained) any weight in 2 weeks. Trying to be Zen and not worry about it!

June Mileage Goal: 80 miles

6/1 - 4.20
    6/2 - 0
    6/3 - 0
    6/4 - 2.73
    6/5 - 2.17
    6/6 - 2.74
    6/7 - 4.24
    6/8 - 4.12
    6/9 - 2.74

Total - 22.76
  • RobinB0812
    RobinB0812 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I don’t have time right now for anything but mileage update but I will try to get back this afternoon for personals.

June Miles – Goal 60 miles:
    6/1 – 0.80
    6/2 – 1.52
    6/3 – 1.35
    6/4 – 1.26
    6/5 – 1.40
    6/6 – 1.76
    6/7 – 0.34
    6/8 – 1.94

Until next time; wishing everyone peace, love and weight loss!
    And…
    Don’t sweat the small stuff, just SWEAT!
  • kathleenwillingham
    Options
    I just started back with this site last Thursday after a year long hiatus. I would love to lose 80 pounds to get back to a weight that was comfortable and healthy for me, but at my age that might be a little overly optimistic, so I would settle for 50. I have been reading your entries and you all sound very supportive of one another. I joined a local TOPS group on Thursday, also for support. They meet once a week and it is very inexpensive, $28 to join and only $1 a week at the meetings, so it fits in my budget. I was shocked to see how many calories I had been consuming. When I limited intake to 1200 a day I felt deprived, but I have stuck with it and lost my first 4 pounds from Thursday to Sunday. This is funny... I read many entries and thought Gunter was a dog until today, when I learned Gunter is a horse! It's nice to know I am not alone on this journey. I have my hubby's support while he tries to drop some weight and now I have all of you! Thanks.
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    I love seeing all the success here. Great job everyone!! After one week back on MFP I feel better than I have in months. Can't wait to see what another week brings me. Let's make this a great week !!!

June Mileage Goal: 30 miles
    [20 min = 1 mile]

6/1 - 1
    6/2 - 0
    6/3 - 3
    6/4 - 1
    6/5 - 1
    6/6 - 3
    6/7 - 0
    6/8 - 0
    6/9 - 1

Total: 10
  • mzfrizz15
    mzfrizz15 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Hello all! Monday check in!
    Scale hasn't budged, BUT, I didn't gain, so I'm counting that as a victory for the week. If I'm lucky, it means I'm building up a little bit of muscle. It's taking me longer on my walks to actually get winded, so I guess it's helping! :bigsmile:

As for pedometers, I'm currently using a free app called Pacer on my Android phone. So far, I like it.

Mileage update!
    June 8 = 0 (rest day)
    June 9 = 1.5miles
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    @Katrena~Good idea to look into gluten intolerance and that your doc is willing to some allergy tests. Hooray for the cruise weight being gone so quickly!

@Laurie~I’m sorry I missed your birthday, Happy Belated Birthday—I hope you had a great day!

@Holly~Great pic with your son, congrats to him on his graduation!

@Susan~My trainer’s son plays in Little League and he talks all the time about how Alex doesn’t get the playing time he deserves, he’s an average player as well, so my trainer and the coach constantly knock heads about the fairness of who’s on the field.

@Tom~Ouch on Amy’s burn, I hope she is feeling better. Yikes on your illness as well, hope you are feeling better as well.

@Kris~I’m praying M0wM0w’s pathology report comes back with good news, good idea to only sedate him once—it’s tricky as they get older. Vet bills can sure pile up fast.

@L2T~LOL, I’m one of those who needs to leave on vacation with my house in pristine condition—who wants to come back to housework?! Enjoy your trip. I’ll be stopping in Boston on my cruise in October.

AFM~ I’m behind on a couple of pages, so read through quickly to catch up. It’s been a busy several days—lots to get done at work; I’ll be out for surgery on my thumb beginning Wednesday. I hope to be off pain medication so I can return to work by the 16th. Saturday I went for a pedi with a friend in the morning then met some other friends in the afternoon to watch The Belmont and game 2 of the Stanley Cup (my Rangers blew it—again :cry:), one word describes that afternoon/night—Jameson! :embarassed: Oy, so yesterday I spent the day on the couch with a headache and miserable. However, I did meet up with my trainer for a walk in the heat—my punishment for my indiscretions I suppose. I still feel tired today, but better.

June Mileage:

6/1/14—2.25mi
    6/2/14—3.92mi
    6/3/14—3.69mi
    6/4/14—3.56mi
    6/5/14—3.11mi
    6/6/14—2.95mi
    6/7/14—0.72mi (Fitbit was charging)
    6/8/14—3.13mi

Total: 23.33/110 Miles