Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• ebailey710
    ebailey710 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I opened yesterday since my boss is out of town this weekend so I worked 7am-3pm. I normally work 10-6. It was difficult to get out of bed and ready but I did enjoy getting out at 3. I was able to catch up on some much neglected housework. I made a little list of things I'd like to get done around the house, I'm a weirdo like that. Talked with my big boss yesterday, she said "I will let you know by Thursday at the latest. I am hoping for sooner. I didn't want you to think I forgot about you, and I didn't want you to think you didn't get it. You're still on my radar." I am hoping that is positive. I think she is hung up with licensing about my education. Personally, she has a friend who is terminally ill and this is about the end for him.

-Hang up clothes in closet DONE
    -Pay bills DONE
    -Dust DONE
    -Sweep and mop (swept, but will mop today)
    -Bathrooms
    -Clean up living room DONE and then husband messed it up again...left his Magic cards all over the floor.
    -Dishes (they are in the dishwasher but not full enough to run yet)
    -Mow (husband says he will do today)
    -Vacuum
    -Laundry
    -Groceries

My knee is feeling much better today. Since I worked early yesterday, I decided not to run in the morning because it would be way too early. After work, I decided to clean and take everyone's rest advice. The resting helped. Thanks all for the advice.

I picked a whole bunch of zucchini out of our garden a couple days ago. One is giant, so it is going to be bread. Picked a couple summer squashes too, but they were small and got eaten with some delicious grilled chicken. I got a new Pampered Chef pan so I thought I'd give it a try. I'm excited to finally be able to do these Pinterest recipes for zucchini that I pinned anticipating a good harvest. I have one baby cucumber, a few small green beans and no tomatoes yet but there are lots of flowers. My tomatoes seem to be going slower than EVERYONE else's. Boo.

Monday- C210K w9d1 DONE
    Tuesday- Strength and Belly Dance (did belly dance)
    Wednesday- C210K w9d2 DONE
    Thursday- Strength and Softball (played softball)
    Friday- C210K w9d3(moved to Saturday)
    Saturday- Free choice
    Sunday- Rest
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    ebailey - your not a weirdo - I was thinking the same thing myself this morning - that I was a weirdo - I guess we just think alike only we're about 45 years apart in age ! :laugh:

Skinny and
    Kaye: regarding list making - I do the same darn thing! :noway: Kaye - so glad to hear your back is improving finally and you enjoy the scone baking and your break from sewing is helping your back improve.

Skinny - love that the plants have survived - when you mention them I glance at the one plant in my living room - it has been root-bound for a year and needs watering way too often because of that. I have a new pot and soil, just procrasting. I tell it there are plants dying and worse off at your house and its lucky to be alive! :bigsmile: Darn I can't say that anymore. I need to come up with another story or re-pot it. curses. I have an artist friend who makes these cute little voodoo dolls and I'm visiting her today. If you feel a pinprick in your side today - that's me!

AFM - always a sunshiny start because I love mornings and for some reason I always wake up in a great mood - some people I know have difficulty in the mornings with "attitude adjustment" - I do need my coffee but still in all, have a great attitude. Anyone out there who has problems in the mornings?
  • ebailey710
    Options
    @Robin, Kaye and Karen: I am guilty of writing things down just to cross them off as well. We have a lot in common!
  • KATRENAJ
    KATRENAJ Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Well, I am back and hope to be more consistent this time. Worked out with personal trainer today and he was more like a PT as he specializes in corrective exercises.

Havent really been following a food plan, but lost 2 lbs. While on the HCG diet Dr prescribed, just lost the desire to eat. Have to make myself but have committed to at least 3 meals, Trying to focus on low/no gluten, fruits and veggies and nuts & seeds, small quantities.

600 calories just whacks your metabolism and sets you up for failure.
    My Saturday success is just getting my stuff together and getting up and doing something

Exercise commitment for Week

Monday, Wed, Friday Water Aerobic
    Monday & Friday, Personal trainer
    Pool as much as possible
    Workout at home at least one day per week

Robin, I dislike mornings, When I wake up I am in a stupor. My staff used to say "Don't ask Katrena anything before 9AM. The pregnancy joke was so cute

Ebaily 710 - I would never get anything done without lists. Even with lists, I usually forget something. I have a humongrous zucchini. I am stuffing it w/veggies and seafood and it will make 4 low calorie meals.

GrandmaKay - Glad you are getting more strength. Chiropracters have helped me a lot over the years. Glad your DH is ok

Skinnyjeans - You motivated me. I guess I will plant that ice plant before it dies and I cleaned off my windowsill. Will try planting the dead echinacia. It might regenerate next year I was over ambitious about how much gardening I would do this year

Morgori - Love the Dennis Waitley phrase. He is my favorite motivator.

Katrena
  • ebailey710
    Options
    Mileage
    7/1: 2.5
    7/2: rest
    7/3: 2.5
    7/4: rest
    7/5: 2.5
    7/6: rest
    7/7: 3
    7/8: rest
    7/9: 3
    7/10: 11
    7/11: 0
    7/12: 4
    7/13: rest
    7/14: 4
    7/15 rest
    7/16: 4
    7/17: rest
    7/18: 0
    7/19: 4

MTD 40.5
    Goal 50

Friday Fitness: This week I have been focusing on consistency with my runs. Pacing and breathing have been what I am striving to improve on.

Saturday Success: SV I broke my plateau. NSV I can now run 40 minutes.

I need new running shoes. My legs and feet are getting very fatigued.
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    I can relate to everyone about the lists. I also make them especially when I am feeling overwhelmed with things to do. I always end up adding things to my list so I can cross them out as well.

Tom- I loved the quote and it is something I needed to remind myself of many times this weekend.

Katena- congrats on the 2 lb loss that is great.

WARNING RANT COMING Need to VENT
    Well the week in general was great and I had plenty of fun. Then it turned depressing very quickly on Friday. I believe I told you that I was putting my car in the shop on Monday due to the transmission leak. Remember my car was leaking around the transmission but was running fine no problem with the gears. I rented a car on Monday so I could get a few things done. The last time I talked to the shop (AAA car care), they were waiting on the warranty company to approve the repairs and they had to send someone to the shop to do so. I did not hear anything all week and I assumed that they were replacing the transmission or fixing the problem. I called on Friday to see when I could pick up my car and come to find out they had done NOTHING on my car because the warranty company did not approve the new transmission. They did not call me or explain the situation to me. Then the car place gave me a story about why they did not call me- they thought the warranty company was going to call me-really it was their job and they failed. I called the warranty company and they gave a different story along with dates and what they told AAA.. When I talked to triple AAA they decided to do what the warranty company said to do 3 days ago and that was to clean up the transmission and then come back so they can check it. Really, it could have been done this week while I had nothing to do plus I could have driven my own car instead of renting a car. I now need to pay for the rental car since AAA screwed up. The warranty company will only pay for 2 days. Then to top it off, the AAA person strongly suggested that I get a new car and that I deserve it. Really, I expected them to fix my car and the fact that my car is only an 08 with 77,000 miles I don't need a new car. He was really pushing it yesterday and he was suggesting that I don't tell the company about the leak. I use to trust this company but now I am not sure if I want to deal with them anymore. I am not ready to buy a new car right now. I am trying to find a different place to look at my car that specializes in transmission but of course this week I am booked solid with things to do. So getting it to a garage will be very difficult, I have a class from to 8-5 all next week. Now, I don't have a clue what I am going to do- get the transmission fixed or buy a new car. If I can a place that will do the job right, I will keep my car but I am not sure who I can trust.

END of Rant

Yesterday, my bike ride was cancelled because I was not in the mood to ride a bike plus I didn't want to be around anyone yesterday. I did make it climbing last night but it was hard because all my muscles were tight and they still are tonight but getting better. Today, I walked at the gym then helped my mom with yard work tonight. A productive day but still frustrating in dealing with the car.

Tomorrow I hope to ride my bike and that the weather will cooperate for a 24 mile ride.
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Mileage for 7/19: 3 miles walking.
    Laurie, so sorry about your car troubles. I hope you can get it all worked out soon.
    I got another 4 dozen scones made today. I think that I still need to make about 10 dozen more. Amy had made some before I took over, but she wants 300+. That's a lot of scones.
    Hope your Sunday is peaceful.
    Onward and downward. Kaye
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Katrena - welcome back!

ebailey - breaking your plateau? - you deserve new shoes! 40 min and your calves and feet hurt? you NEED new shoes! :sick:

Kaye - unbelievable amount of scones - you must have magic hands, thats all I can figure out!

Laurie, Laurie, aww...man....that is a bad situation. Like you say,, you could have made those phone calls. Now, its too late. now,. It almost a good thing you have that class next week to force you to defer this decision making a few days or two until you back track on these crumby people and get them to take care of things - are there any attorneys-for-a-day - or - mechanics you could contact via the Meet-Up connection or LinkenIn that you could send feelers to? I had a bad AAA experience myself a time ago - and I quit them.
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Good morning everybody.

Laurie- Sorry to hear about your car. I have a 2004 that has just turned 60K miles and I’m looking at new ones. I’m not in a big rush to get new payments but I’m afraid it may start too need a bunch of things done to it. Ford is what my work buys for their fleet of work trucks so I can get a Ford at fleet price. I have bought fords for the last 3 cars I have had. I will have to check into the fleet price soon. Good luck with yours!:drinker:

Karen- I would love to be better at analyzing literature and cinema but I am probably better at the math. That sounds kind of right brained/left brained, I wish I could use more of each. I really want to see the new movie Lucy where she uses all of both.

Happy Moon Day When : July 20th Moon Day commemorates the day man first walked on the moon in 1969.
    The Apollo Space program, begun by President John F. Kennedy, was created to put the first man on the moon. Apollo 11 fulfilled that dream, carrying astronauts Neil Armstrong, Michael Collins, and Edwin Aldrin, Jr. What an amazing and historic event it was!
    On July 16, 1969, Apollo 11 was launched from Cape Kennedy Space Center atop a huge Saturn V rocket. On July 20, 1969, the Lunar Module, nicknamed the "Eagle", touched down on the surface of the moon at Tranquility Base. Upon landing, Apollo 11 Commander Neil Armstrong reported "The Eagle Has Landed". A few hours later, Neil Armstrong, stepped off of the Eagle's ladder, placed one foot upon the moon's surface and proclaimed: "That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind".

“Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.” ~John Wooden

Tom
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    @Laurie~I am so sorry for your car trouble, it can be so frustrating to find a place you trust let alone trust them to follow through on their promises! I go by word of mouth (and my dad’s advice), so I ask friends/coworkers where they have taken their cars for certain repairs—do you have any friends/coworkers that might have a transmission shop suggestion? If not, I would take it to a place that is reputable such as Firestone, Midas, Meineke, Good-Year or even a Sear’s if any of those places are in your area. Also, I would have it diagnosed at a couple of different places—then you’ll have a good idea on what really needs to be done. I hope your bike ride today brings you some much needed stress relief.

@ebailey~Great NSV and SV this week, I would say you have definitely earned new runners! Keeping my fingers crossed that your promotion comes through—the fact that the big boss mentioned it to you is usually a good sign, you’re in her thoughts.

@Kaye~Wow! That is a lot of scones.

AFM~I was down 2.8# this week, so glad the downward trend is continuing. :bigsmile: Worked on my resume yesterday morning (mostly getting it ready for a career expo at my alma mater In September, but will start looking at my options in October after my cruise—since admin fell through on their promises last year it’s time to move on after 18 years). In the afternoon I met friends for lunch and then we rented a movie—Grand Budapest Hotel (weird). Today is church in a bit and then meet my trainer for a session this afternoon.

July Mileage:

7/01/14—3.39mi
    7/02/14—3.30mi
    7/03/14—3.23mi
    7/04/14—None
    7/05/14—1.58mi
    7/06/14—1.97mi
    7/07/14—4.81mi
    7/08/14—3.69mi
    7/09/14—4.00mi
    7/10/14—2.76mi
    7/11/14—4.14mi
    7/12/14—1.93mi
    7/13/14—2.14mi
    7/14/14—2.82mi
    7/15/14—3.36mi
    7/16/14—5.14mi (includes Fitbit and Elliptical at gym)
    7/17/14—3.34mi
    7/18/14—3.27mi
    7/19/14—1.76mi

Total: 56.63/100 Miles

Have a great day!
  • ebailey710
    Options
    Ahhh Sunday. Rest day. Much needed, my knee did not enjoy my long run yesterday. It felt fine the whole way through, but I ended up putting a bag of frozen corn on it while relaxing and watching tv. The Princess Diaries was on last night and I made Rob (DH) watch it with me. I love that movie. Rob is helping me with housework today. I hope to still get my bathrooms done, at the very least.

Sunday Success: I finally figured out what to eat when we go camping next weekend. A small victory, but a victory nonetheless.

Monday- C210K w9d1 DONE
    Tuesday- Strength and Belly Dance (did belly dance)
    Wednesday- C210K w9d2 DONE
    Thursday- Strength and Softball (played softball)
    Friday- C210K w9d3(moved to Saturday)
    Saturday- Free choice DONE
    Sunday- Rest DONE
  • Pamella924
    Pamella924 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hello. I saw this thread and thought it might be exactly what I need to help motivate me on the start of my weight loss journey...although I've started many times before but I'm not going to focus on that. I've read a lot of posts and I like how you all keep each other motivated and encouraged and I hope it's okay that I pop in.

Let me tell some about myself. I'm Pamella. I live in Western New York (near Niagara Falls). I live with my husband of almost 20 years, my two teenagers and my two dogs (Sophia Loren and Audrey Hepburn). I work for the NYS Court System in a criminal court (I love my job). I'm a bit on the sarcastic side (who am I kidding....I'm a lot on the sarcastic side).

I have lost 13 pounds since May 20th and have 87 more to go before I get to my ultimate goal. My focus is 10 pounds at a time. I'm not looking at the big number. I did, however, set myself a goal to lose 40 pounds by the end of the year. My mindset was always "eh, I'll lose it when I lose it"....but that ended up meaning I never bothered to lose it. I was afraid to set myself a goal because if, for some reason, I don't reach that goal....I know myself well enough to know I'd be very disappointed in myself and that could lead me back to bad choices. But, I know I had to get over that worry or else I'd continuously look at it with that mindset of it'll happen when it happens. SO!!! 40 lbs by December 31st. I can do this!!!!

So I hope you don't mind that I'm interested in joining your group here.
  • ebailey710
    Options
    Welcome, Pamella. You've joined a great group of people.
  • Melwillbehealthy
    Melwillbehealthy Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    HI all, been away at the cottage and really enjoying it. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to check-in to this thread. HOpe everyone is doing well and enjoying their summer.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hi all--I've been hiding out from robin and her voodoo doll. :laugh: Just kidding--I had a busy day yesterday and never made it to the thread.

Right now I want to get out of the house and to the gym, so I will come back later to do personals and Sunday Share. :flowerforyou:
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    It's been a while since I popped in and said hi. I was going to wait another week or so to share my news but I really am bursting at the seams to tell you all. :flowerforyou:

25fb088d-c5e0-4241-b07b-f85b119ea659_zpsa4095390.jpg

I have still been logging all my food but I am focusing solely on nutrition rather than weight loss. I have been maintaining my lowest weight since finding out the good news. I am happy about that but have mixed feelings about my clothing not fitting quite right any more. :wink:
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I am very envious of all the activity everyone has been doing on here. Keep it up. Everyone is doing so well. My exercise has mostly been non-existent. I spend a lot of time laying down and resting throughout the day. Every once in a while I have a day where I have a bit of energy. I will do little things here and there but after 20 minutes I am exhausted and it is time for a nap. So next time you are exercising please go an extra minute for me! :wink: :laugh:

Skinny - Congrats on the new car. That is the same color I have been planning to get. What kind of car did you buy? I have to get rid of my Celica especially now with the baby on the way. I've been eyeing the Nissan Rogue but keep going back to Toyota and looking at a few of their cars as well.

Tanya - I read a few pages back that you were still not logging food. Just curious if this is something new you were trying out? I've had a few days lately where I go the entire day without logging then do it all at once before I go to bed. One thing I definitely learned is MFP has taught me portion sizes and how to balance my food throughout the day. :happy:

Robin - Thanks so much for creating this thread. I have met so many wonderful people on here and it is all because of you. Congrats on the sit ups, it sounds like you are moving along nicely! LOL to the pregnancy joke. Very cute.

Mzfrizz - Congrats on the loss. 11 lbs is fantastic. One thing I found helpful along the way was to take monthly pictures and measurements. Keep up the great work!

Tracy - Congrats on the house. Are you all ready for your closing in a few days? I am so happy for you.

Kaye - I am jealous of the water aerobics you have been doing a lot of. I tried it for the first time in Mexico a few years ago and loved it.

beckah - Congrats on the loss!

JTconst - Sorry to hear about the MRI on your ankle. I wish you a speedy recovery.

Fera - I am a gardener. Beautiful house!

ebailley - I hope you hear about the promotion soon!

Laurie - So sorry about the car. That stinks.
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    JNettie, Congratulations! I am so excited for you. Continue to focus on your health and you will be fine.
    Pamela, Welcome to our group. I also have a hard time setting goals. I'm working on that, too. This is a good place for support and motivation. You can do this.
    I'll be back later with my mileage for the day. Onward and downward. Kaye
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Nettie- Congratulations. I loved your announcement very cute.

Pamela- Welcome.

I did have a nice bike ride today, ended up going 26 miles but it was basically flat with little hills. The weather was just about perfect.
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Nettie- Congratulations. I loved your announcement very cute.

Pamela- Welcome.

DITTO to both!