Replies

• lendaport
    lendaport Posts: 2
    Options
    58 pounds that is wonderful I was excited about 5 in a week . Way to go
  • Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    No time for personals right now, except a big Congratulations to Nettie! So thrilled for you and Brian!!

July Mileage Goal: 100 miles

7/1 - 3.02
    7/2 - 5.02 (3.02 walk and class)
    7/3 - 4.86 (2.86 walk and class)
    7/4 - 3.92
    7/5 - Rest Day
    7/6 - 2.70
    7/7 - 4.72 (2.70 walk and class)
    7/8 - 2.91
    7/9 - 2.86
    7/10 - 2.90
    7/11 - 2.90
    7/12 - 7.30 (14,615 Fitbit steps)
    7/13 - 3.98 (7,978 Fitbit steps)
    7/14 - 2.90
    7/15 - 2.88
    7/16 - 3.01
    7/17 - 3.02
    7/18 - 2.82
    7/19 - 2.84
    7/20 - Rest Day
    7/21 - 2.90

Total: 67.46
  • Melwillbehealthy
    Melwillbehealthy Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    Monday success: I lost 3.8 lbs. in the last couple of weeks. Mainly, I think, do to all the swimming I've been doing. It's great exercise and I love it. I never feel like I'm really exerting myself, but it seems to burn a fair amount of calories. yay! The next 3 lbs. lost will be tougher (looking to reach a milestone) .
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Good Morning.

@Nettie~Cute announcement, congratulations!

@Mel~Great loss!

@Robin~Resumes have changed a lot in the last several years, but graphics are not recommended—unless you are working in an artistic field, and even then it’s customary to have a portfolio instead of placing graphics on your resume. Graphics can be distracting to the employer, simple is best—if resumes are very garbled with unnecessary information a lot of employers toss them. Nowadays resumes are written such that they cater to your career/field of interest so that your areas of expertise really stand out—for me, it’s all the areas of accounting that I’m proficient in.

AFM~Not much to report, I did run 2 miles yesterday—first time running since the end of May, it felt fantastic! :bigsmile:

July Mileage:

7/01/14—3.39mi
    7/02/14—3.30mi
    7/03/14—3.23mi
    7/04/14—None
    7/05/14—1.58mi
    7/06/14—1.97mi
    7/07/14—4.81mi
    7/08/14—3.69mi
    7/09/14—4.00mi
    7/10/14—2.76mi
    7/11/14—4.14mi
    7/12/14—1.93mi
    7/13/14—2.14mi
    7/14/14—2.82mi
    7/15/14—3.36mi
    7/16/14—5.14mi
    7/17/14—3.34mi
    7/18/14—3.27mi
    7/19/14—1.76mi
    7/20/14—3.35mi

Total: 59.98/100 Miles
  • Order_66
    Order_66 Posts: 35
    Options
    Good Morning and happy Monday!!!!! This looks like and awesome community and I am looking to lose a total of 192 pounds. I have been to MFP before and it has worked, then I fell off somewhere between I can do this and what the heck am I doing? I came back and tried to make it by myself, without getting involved, and that was a massive failure. Now I am back and looking to connect with like minded individuals and maybe even some local people to make this life a long one. Anyone can feel free to add me. I welcome the support, and am there to dish it out as well!
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the congratulations everyone! It took quite sometime to get the announcement photo taken. Initially I attempted to take the photo by myself. That was a nightmare as my cats kept running away. When Brian came home from work I set up another photo shoot and snapped away. I took about 200 photos and then picked the best one. Unfortunately I didn't have one with them all looking at the camera at once like I originally planned. But I thought that pic was pretty cute.

As of today, I am 12 weeks. I have a sono appointment this week and a follow up appointment next week with my doctor. I think after those appointments we will go public to the rest of our family and friends. So far we have told our parents and I have told my 4 closest friends. Both our moms are harassing us about letting them know when we decide to go public. It pretty much as become a daily question for both of us. I get that they are excited but the daily questioning about going public is getting to be too much. I told my mother the other day if she asked me one more time I would push the date back further and further.

Tanya - You are right, the nutrition component has not been difficult for me at all. However the cravings have already hit. It all started when a friend of mine posted an adorable picture of her son eating a soft vanilla ice cream cone with rainbow sprinkles. We rewarded ourselves with Carvel after our first sono appointment. :blushing: Then one of my student's was eating crunchy cheese doodles for snack. Now I have cheese doodles in the pantry. :blushing: I have to say though I am doing pretty well with keeping those things in check and not reverting to eating the entire bag. I still use my handy dandy scale and measure everything. Though I have to admit I have not been entering recipes and calculating the calories for new dishes I made just because at the time "It seemed like so much work". :embarassed: However in all fairness, exhaustion has hit me extremely hard and everything I do sucks what little energy I do have out of me. I was feeling a bit more energetic for a bit but this weekend one full of sleep. :yawn:

Hansea - That is exactly what my doctor told me about the energy. I had a few nights of insomnia where I would only sleep for 2-3 hours then was up from 1:30 am on. The worst part was I was exhausted and just could not sleep no matter what I tried to do. I may have had a complete meltdown during day three because I was so exhausted. Someone jokingly told me "It's good practice for when the baby arrives." Well, lets just say they were lucky I was on the phone with them and not standing next to me or I may have become violent. :wink:

Skinny - I had to look up the Dodge Charger to see what it looks like. Gorgeous! Congrats again.

Toots - I am glad that you still check in with us from time to time. I am excited for you and your husband for the arrival of the 2 new additions to your family! Safe travels for when you go to pick them up!

Christy - Welcome!

Kah - How is your hand feeling?
  • JanLynnemfp
    Options
    Happy Monday! My name is Jan I joined MFP 19 days ago and have lost 6.5 pounds I have 117 more to go! Please feel free to add me as a Friend, I have found I do better with the likes and support of others and I enjoy doing the same for you! I have had an issue with food my entire life weighing 200 in high school and 225 in college, from there it just climbed up! I am enjoying learning about food, eliminating prepared foods from my choices! I have eliminated Gluten as well after reading the book wheat belly! Have a wonderful day and Congratulations to you for making healthy choices!
  • yogini2013
    yogini2013 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    bump :smile:
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,092 Member
    Options
    Just following along............:heart::heart:

Lin in Central Iowa

1482351y1dphi597b.gif
  • Deona143
    Deona143 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My name is Cindy. I'm 35 and in a year I gained over 100 lbs from being on a new med and poor choices. I've lost 25 since April; got a mere 100 till goal.

This weekend I had a sweet, which is not normally me but I figured up the cals and journaled it. But here's the great news: I couldn't finish the serving size. I put it down and walked away. I'm not giving food power over me and my life. Sweets and indulgences are meant for pleasure and I enjoyed it to a point then simply put it down. I'm so proud of myself for not over eating!
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Good morning all.

Happy National Junk Food Day- Date When Celebrated : Always July 21st
    For some of us, every day is Junk Food Day. For the rest of us, National Junk Food Day is an opportunity to guiltlessly eat your favorite junk food.
    Dietitians will tell you that junk food is any food that contains little nutritional value. We also include foods that are high in salts, fats, and sugars. In other words, junk food is all that tasty stuff that the dietitians, and Mom, say is bad for us.
    On Junk Food Day, you get to eat anything you want. Eat any amounts that you want, too. Tomorrow, however, it's back to a healthy diet.
    Please Note: Junk food may be hazardous to your health. After all, mom knows what's best for you. Do so at your own risk. That risk includes Mom saying: "I told you so!"
    Health effects- A study by Paul Johnson and Paul Kenny at the Scripps Research Institute in 2008 suggested that junk food consumption alters brain activity in a manner similar to addictive drugs like cocaine and heroin. After many weeks with unlimited access to junk food, the pleasure centers of rat brains became desensitized, requiring more food for pleasure. After the junk food was taken away and replaced with a healthy diet, the rats starved for two weeks instead of eating nutritious fare. A 2007 British Journal of Nutrition study found that female rats who eat junk food during pregnancy increased the likelihood of unhealthy eating habits in their offspring.
    I think I will not eat junk today:noway:

“You will never leave where you are, until you decide where you’d rather be.” ~Dexter Yager

Tom
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    corick1 - new meds and weight gain - I can relate to that problem - lets work on that together - glad to see you here !

linder - glad to see a skinny "Graduate" drop by!

JanLynne - welcome - your loss is a great start - thanks for joining in - hope you stay with us

Jeannette - your cravings storiies are very interesting!

Order_66 - We'll all be here for you and rooting all the way!

Kah - thanks for the resume info - one more question - in your field do you use photos on resume?

Mel - what will you do to celebrate your milestone?

lendaport - Welcome - if you have any questions, feel free to ask!

beavers - nothing to be ashamed about. This is the battle of your life! The last time was a learning experience. I've stumbled before, while on this forum, no less. Falling off the wagon happens to all of us. Just hang on... and be prepared..... the scale will flucuate sometime again in your future but the TREND will always be downward from now on.

AFM - Heat warning today AND need to buy frozen foods -such bad timing! but must do it - so in rush to leave. Ta ta!
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options

Toots - I am glad that you still check in with us from time to time. I am excited for you and your husband for the arrival of the 2 new additions to your family! Safe travels for when you go to pick them up!

Ohh congrats on your new addition!! Thanks! I hate flying so I will use any safe wishes you've got. I'm on the phone with the passport people right now. Gotta get me some visas today.
  • RobinB0812
    RobinB0812 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    A quick update on my dysfunctional family vacation. it was WONDERFUL!! A few bumps in the road with mom being, well, MOM but I guess that is to be expected. LOL It was great to have us together for the first time in 40 years and as a result, we are trying to plan a family vacation at a beach or lake house for ALL the family. With not only all the kids, but all the grandkids and great-grandkids.
    I gained 7 pounds while on vacation!! Can't say that I was all that surprised really. I mean, I drank HELLAH calories and definitely ate way more than I should have!! Too many potluck type meals where I had to sample everything! Luckily, most of it ended up being water weight because I lost 5 of the 7 pounds within 2-3 days of returning home. Eleven days later and I am still struggling with that last pesky pound before reaching my pre-vacation weight! UGH!! It's been very hard to get back into the swing of things. My logging has been far from perfect so it is time to get back in the saddle!

Some personals:

@all the Newbies - WELCOME!

@Karen - congrats on your new car! I had my 1 year anniversary yesterday on my new car, still loving my Sonata!

@Laurie - Sorry to hear about your troubles with your car. There is nothing worse than dealing with poor customer service when you are dealing with an issue/repair of any sort! On a good note, you are ROCKING on the exercise front! Keep it up!

@Loves2Travel - Nice to see you enjoyed Nashville! That's were my son goes to school so we are there several times during the fall for his football games. Five short weeks until our first trip! I guess we will be driving around town looking for the promo billboard that will be up. My son is one of the players that is to be on the billboard.

@Robin - you made me laugh with your jokes with Karen about your plants. I am so horrible, I could kill plastic plants! It's so nice to read your posts and get the impression that you have turned the corner! So nice to see you on track and doing better!

@Kaye - I am so sorry to hear that you had/have been dealing with pneumonia! How awful for you! I dealt with that back in 2012. The Urgent Care center I went to treated me as an outpatient so I had to go in everyday for IV antibiotics. I really should have been admitted to the hospital. The good thing I got out of it, I quit smoking!!

@Fera - congrats to you and your hubby on the new assignment. The picture of the house you posted looks amazing. Plenty of room for a nice garden!

@Tracy - congrats to you and your family on your new house as well!! No doubt your next few weeks will be very busy!

@Kelley - Glad to hear that you have been on the mend! I know you will be thankful to have this all behind you. By the looks of things, it shouldn't be long now!

@Tanya - Wow, like Laurie, you have been really ROCKING the exercise! Good for you! I can relate to falling back into bad habits, I have been doing a lot of eating out myself this last week or so. I am trying to right the ship, like you! Unlike you though, I have NOT been getting any significant exercise.

After all the catching up I've done, I didn't see anything from Susan. Has anyone heard from her? I hope she's just been busy not not anything more serious that's keeping her away.

My apologies to anyone I have missed, it's been a long hard busy 11 days to get caught up with everyone.

Sunday share on Monday (since there are so many newbies) - My name is Robin and I am a 48 year old single mom of two adult children and I live in south Florida. My kids are both in college, does that really make them adults? LOL I initially signed up with MFP about a year ago but never did anything with it until January 2014 when I truly started my journey. It's not my first trip to this rodeo but and I am hell bent on it being my last! My last go at this I lost 70 pounds which I managed to put right back on plus 10 after breaking my tibia plateau several years ago. Like a few others, my strategy is Calories In/Calories Out. It's what my doctor told me over 20 years ago and it's what worked the last time for me. It's simple really, the hard part is creating the deficit that makes the scale go down.

For what it's worth, my mileage update:

07/01/14 1.08
    07/02/14 1.72
    07/03/14 0.82
    07/04/14 1.53
    07/05/14 3.58
    07/06/14 0.92
    07/07/14 1.91
    07/08/14 0.95
    07/09/14 0.63
    07/10/14 1.08
    07/11/14 0.27
    07/12/14 0.16
    07/13/14 0.13
    07/14/14 0.81
    07/15/14 0.03
    07/16/14 1.03
    07/17/14 1.12
    07/18/14 1.39
    07/19/14 1.37
    07/20/14 1.08
    07/21/14
    07/22/14
    07/23/14
    07/24/14
    07/25/14
    07/26/14
    07/27/14
    07/28/14
    07/29/14
    07/30/14
    07/31/14
    Total 21.61

Until next time; wishing everyone peace, love and weight loss!!
    and...
    Don't sweat the small stuff, just SWEAT!!
  • littleshadowfeet
    littleshadowfeet Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    JULY MILEAGE

National Junk Food Day, eh?? Well, I must celebrate that one... :tongue:

Day 6 of being "back on track"... I've been so discouraged with this plateau, and finally was able to log a 0.2 lb log yesterday after 6 weeks of no loss. Nothing extreme, just bumped my calories back to 2lbs/week and am really trying to make good choices. Trying to stay active although between my ankle and my sinuses it's a challenge. I see the ENT on Wednesday for my latest test results, really hoping to get some answers and a plan of action! We leave on vacation on the 31st, 9 days on the road, so I would like to be feeling better by then.

Total: 44.26 / 60

07/01 - 0 (migraine!)
    07/02 - 2.5 miles
    07/03 - 2.26 miles walking, 30 min treading water (1.5 miles)
    07/04 - 4 miles
    07/05 - 0 (storm!)
    07/06 - 3 miles
    07/07 - 5 miles
    07/08 - 3 miles
    07/09 - 3 miles
    07/10 - 3.5 miles
    07/11 - 1.5 miles
    07/12 - rest day
    07/13 - 2 miles
    07/14 - 2 miles
    07/15 - rest day
    07/16 - 3 miles
    07/17 - 4 miles
    07/18 - 1 mile
    07/19 - 1.5 miles
    07/20 - 1.5 miles
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    @Nettie~Hand getting better, I’m still in a splint but hope that changes when I follow up with my surgeon on Thursday.

@Robin~No, pictures don’t go on resumes—it is customary now to include your college GPA though (employers typically request college transcripts now, they perform credit checks now too). People sometimes go way over the top on their resumes, beyond the scope of what is necessary—they think it will get them noticed and get their foot in the door but really it has a negative impact. We’ve had some real doozies come thru here and HR shreds them. I’ve been to resume writing workshops and simple is best, just arrange your resume according to what your strengths are and what will make you stand out—depends on the position you’re applying for but clean, well-organized resumes will get you noticed. :wink:

@Heidi~I hope the ENT can provide some answers for you. Hope you are on the mend leading into vacation...

ETA~I meant to reply about Susan too. I know she's been really busy with work and travel lately--she also had a trip to visit her parents recently. I've noticed she's active on the feed again, so hopefully she'll find her way back to us soon.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @robinB--Isn't it crazy how many calories we can drink?!?! While on vacation I cetainly drank more calories in tropical concktails than I ate. I am also struggling to get down to the low end of my pre-vacation weight range. :grumble: My last car was a Sonata and before that I had an Elantra. Though both served me well, I decided to go with something other than a Hyundai this time around. I texted susan a few days ago to make sure all was okay. She said works been really busy, but she'll be back here soon.

@nettie--I actually got the Challenger, not the Charger. The Challenger is smaller and sportier than the Charger--though it's still a decent sized car.

Welcome to all of the newlings!! :flowerforyou:

Goals:
    1. wash/dry clean all drapes in house
    2. shred old files
    3. clean out spare bedroom

Exercise Goals:
    Mon--walk gunner
    Tues--walk gunner + gym
    Wed--walk gunner
    Thurs--walk gunner + gym
    Fri--walk gunner
    Sat--walk gunner
    Sun--walk gunner + gym

July Goal = 100 miles

7/1 = 3 miles
    7/2 = 0 miles
    7/3 = 2 miles
    7/4 = 2 miles
    7/5 = 1 mile
    7/6 = 2 miles
    7/7 = 8.5 miles
    7/8 = 1.5 miles
    7/9 = 2.5 miles
    7/10 = 1.5 miles
    7/11 = 1.5 miles
    7/12 = 1 mile
    7/13 = 3 miles
    7/14 = 1.5
    7/15 = 4 miles
    7/16 = 4 miles
    7/17 = 8 miles
    7/18 = 1.5 miles
    7/19 = 1 mile
    7/20 = 8.5 miles
  • aimeemarie150
    aimeemarie150 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    **bump**

I'm still here. Just trying to get my bearings on life and get back on track with my diet...I've been struggling a lot with not being able to meet my original goal, which was to lose 155 in the last year. Right now I'm sitting around 185 (or so my scale said this morning), which is putting my about 35# shy of my goal. I won't lie, I've slacked a lot the last month or two with diet and exercise. I've been within my calories for the most part, but I've made bad choices in terms of WHAT I'm eating. I let myself get comfortable with Aaron, and I've been "nesting." I'm really hoping to drop another 10# before next month, but that's highly unlikely. If I hit 180, I'll have officially lost 40% of my original body weight, which is a big deal for me. I know it's not a race, but it's just how I like to benchmark my successes.
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday- I read all last week and so far this week guess I am meeting my goal of staying up to date.

@Robinsegg- thanks for the comment on thinner face and I hate mornings even though I work 7-3:30 I never liked them the day should start at noon.
    @Karen- I know the time just flew by we got Riley last Oct.
    @JT- hope your ankle heals fast
    @LaurieK- your milestones were cute. It is awesome you are helping someone run. 26 miles I have 2 comments Awesome and holy cow. The car situation is really messed up and i was getting mad reading it probably cuz I have had issues like that before.
    @GrandmaKaye- 300+ scone holy cow your a baking queen. The is good there was nothing wrong with DH.
    @Kah- 2.8lbs is a good loss
    @Jnettie- How wonderful Congrats
    @New people- Welcome!
  • Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Bumping to new thread... Be back later.