721_zpse74151eb.jpg
  • RachelSteeners
    RachelSteeners Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join the August group :)
  • RachelSteeners
    RachelSteeners Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Minutes worked out could be good for August...
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    If nobody has any objections I'd like to propose we make aimeemarie's suggestion for August's Challenge for the Month a reality.
    Its: Tracking the Number of Days you are under your Calorie Goal.

Its a great challenge in that you will certainly pay attention to the bottom line: Calories In must be less than calories out to lose weight. Hard to practice but a great month to be active.

Ohh ouch. Keepin' it real. I am in.
  • RobinB0812
    RobinB0812 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for all the “Welcome Back” greetings! You all have warmed my heart!

Tuesday goals – GET BACK TO THE BASICS! I need to do a better job logging and I need to put my mind to getting some exercise! I have been lacking and slacking in both these areas and it’s no wonder I am struggling to get the scale to move down regularly like it was before my vacation!

@Toots – Apparently you have been gone longer than I have been a part of the thread. What an amazing thing you and your hubby are doing! Congrats to the new additions to your family!

@Heidi – Your vacation sounds incredible! How long will you be traveling? Those are the family vacations that create the best lasting memories.

@Karen – Wow, I drank SOOO many calories! We started every morning with a few mimosas and just moved on from there. Mostly it was just beer, but there was the occasional mixed drink in there too. I also am making my way through the Hyundai models. Before my Sonata I had an Elantra Touring which I absolutely LOVED! I only ended up with the Sonata because I went to the dealership one day to test the waters (based on a flyer I got in the mail). They upgraded me to the Sonata with a lower monthly payment or I would still be driving my Elantra Touring.

@Aimee – All your ideas for the August challenge sound like keepers to me. But I do agree with some others on the “Lent: Part Duex”. I’m not up for deprivation either! LOL

@Robin – Actually, my son has been in Nashville for several years already. As a matter of fact, this will be his last football season as he will graduate in December. We are keeping our fingers crossed for another amazing season which will help him when he declares for the NFL draft next year.

@Kaye – Sorry to hear about your washer. I had a similar situation with my dryer not long ago. Waiting for a part to come in so maintenance could repair.

@Teresa – I feel your pain! Too many times I thought I was in good shape with my calories until I started logging them! OY!! I now try to make it a point to punch everything into the recipe builder beforehand so that I don’t sabotage myself!

Until next time; wishing everyone peace, love and weight loss!!
    and…
    Don’t sweat the small stuff, just SWEAT!!
  • tootsanderson
    Options
    Toots - so glad more babies headed your way - 2 - oh my

There's 2, but they aren't babies! We don't do the baby thing anymore lol. If you want to see them, you can see both their pictures here http://whereyouwantmetogo.blogspot.com/2014/07/for-this-children-i-have-prayed.html. They are 11 and 6.
  • tootsanderson
    Options
    I guess I have Robin! I am so easily distracted! It's a curse.
  • littleshadowfeet
    littleshadowfeet Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    @RobinB - we're leaving next Thursday... overnight in Ontario, arriving at dh's family reunion around suppertime on Friday... staying until Sunday after lunch, then heading back into Canada to visit my family (maternal grandparents and 3 aunts/uncles) until Tuesday morning... hitting Toronto on Tuesday, staying until Thursday, and then heading home through Quebec. Should be home late Friday. Admittedly, I am working extra hard to be on track and shed a few more lbs before we head out. I know 9 days of being "on the road" may be tricky, but hopefully I'll come out the other end without having done too much damage. Honestly, right now the biggest thing weighing on my mind is my ENT appt tomorrow and hoping that maybe there'll be an easy fix that will have me feeling better before we leave next week.
  • mindyrenee81
    mindyrenee81 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hi!! My name is Mindy. I actually had to search to find a thread like this one. I'm wanting to lose 100 pounds. I originally made a deal with my husband that I would lose 45 pounds by the end of september. I have yet to lose a pound, I keep gaining. I don't really have a lot of support from anyone. I'm hoping to find that support here in this group and hopefully find someone to help hold me accountable. If anyone would like to do this feel free to add me as a friend and shoot me a personal message!!
  • ebailey710
    ebailey710 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I am popping in, I read most of everyone's posts. Welcome newbies.

Sunday Share: This past weekend has been a bear food wise. I drank too many pops, ate way too much of everything. Here's to getting back on track. As of today, I still haven't been given the official nod on the promotion, though my boss is officially fighting licensing for me about my stupid education, which I appreciate beyond words. It's really ****ty that someone with a bachelor's can't qualify for this position, but someone with a teaching certificate is. Ugh. And all the people that matter in getting my answer are on freaking vacation. I am anxious to find out for sure so I can celebrate! And do something about my vehicle, of course. DH says I should drop $500+ more to fix it, but I don't know if I'm willing to let it nickel and dime me, but then again I like the idea of still not having a car payment so I can get my credit card paid off. It runs just fine, it just has issues with cooling.

Monday Check-In: I gained a couple pounds this weekend, but hope to get it back off. One of the first big purchases I am getting for myself after my new money comes in will be shoes. I have literally ran my Ravennas into the ground.

I was going to run this morning, I was dressed and ready when my stomach started giving me problems. I decided to forgo it. I was resting my knee on Monday. Today was so blasted hot (94 with heat index) I was happy to at least belly dance in the nice cool studio. Storms are supposed to roll in tonight.

Tuesday Goals:

Monday- rest knee DONE
    Tuesday- belly dance DONE
    Wednesday- C210K w10d1
    Thursday- strength (the softball game is early this week so I will not be able to go)
    Friday- C210K w10d2
    Saturday- free or rest (we will be camping)
    Sunday- C210K w10d3

@Nettie Congrats!
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Mindy- welcome to the thread. You will find plenty of support here so come back and post often. The best way to get started is to pick one thing to change and do that. For example walk 15 minutes straight each day for 1 week, then up it the next week to 20 minutes. You can do more if you are already exercising. You could also choose to change a food item such as if you drink soda make it water instead or replace 20 oz of soda with 20 oz of water. Another great way to get started is to make a list of things you will do now, won't do and then do later- it will allow you to figure out how to make this work for you.

Little Shadow- Enjoy your vacation. Sounds like a wonderful trip. Hope the ENT can fix the problem.

Toots- The kids are adorable. What a great addition to your family.

Susan-Glad you are popping back in. Hope things calm down soon.

August challenge: I am not sure if I will do the calories under or not since it could have a negative impact for me. Then again it could make me exercise every day to cover what I take in. I will not do the Lent Part 2 challenge either since that does not work for me. I am up for increasing active minutes per day or if people want to do the miles challenge again that is also an option.

Car update- I did take it to the new shop today and I really liked the owner. It does have a leak but it is an uncommon one. It is near where the electric goes into the transmission. He is checking out the best way to repair it. I will take it in on Monday to be fixed correctly.
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Miles to go!!
    MIles/ goal

This is based on the data received by 7-22-14 @10:30 pm EST.
    A few of you have days that are missing so please update your numbers.

Kelley-36.66 Miles/100
    Queen 88.32 Miles/186
    Robin B-38.39 Miles/60
    Lives 2 travel-29.66 Miles/100
    Tlh-44.71 Miles/85 update needed
    Macbeth-78.5 Miles /90 Update needed
    Ferafilla-27.39 Miles/75
    Rain and wood (Laura) 90 Miles/90 Update Needed no data received.
    Tanya-48.4 Miles/150 closer just need the missing days
    Teresa 3266-36.75 Miles/ 40 update needed
    Hansea-22.95 Miles/90
    Forgeahead-41.5 Miles/ 46.5 update needed
    Ushkill- 40 Miles/ 40 update needed
    Little Shadow-9.74/Miles/ 60 so close.
    Kaye-46.1 Miles/100
    Sweetmemoir-79.98 Miles/ 100 Update needed no updates since start of month
    Karen-41 Miles/ 100
    Ebailey-9.5 Miles/50
    Tom-16.82 Miles/60

:love: :love: :love: :heart: :heart: :heart: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Mzfrizz—exceeded goal over by 15.65 miles 45.65/ 30
    Laurie –exceeded goal 191.67/150
    :smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:

If you want to change your goal please do so, just let me know. I don't want anyone to be overwhelmed with this challenge. It is our virtual race.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @laurie--glad you are getting some answers about the car. Oh, and I think my miles are closer to 60 even before the 8 I'm adding for today. :huh:

@erienne--what kind of position are you going for? I ask b/c in IL if you have a bachelor's in any degree area, you can appy for a substitute teaching certificate, and I wonder if that would be sufficient for the promotion. We also had a very hot and humid day here in chicago, so I opted for the gym vs. running outside. Tomorrow we are back down into the 70s.

@mindy & rachel--welcome! :flowerforyou:

@heidi--sounds like a great trip. I have a lot of extended family in/around the Toronto area, but I've never been there. My parents and their immediate families are all from the Detroit area. My parents relocated here (chicago) before I was born due to my dad being in the navy, but I spent a lot of my childhood in detroit.

@toots--loved seeing the pics of your new additions (soon to be)! :flowerforyou:

@robinB--my standard drink was something called a "majestic" (the resort was Colonial Majestic, so it was their signature drink). It was rum and a very sugary pina colada/orange mixture--I don't even want to think about how many calories thay contained! :noway: I also loved both of my Hyundais. but I was ready for something a little bit more fun.

@teresa--congrats on 8 lbs lost in your 1st 30 days!! :drinker:

@aimee--I was thinking the same thing about the calorie goal. Like instead of shooting for being under, we shoot for being within 100 calories of goal. That would also help with people worried about under eating.

@beachgirl--I love your hair color!

@kaye--Ouch!! That's a lot of money to remove a tree! I've had 2 huge ash trees taken down in the last 4 years--darn emerald ash borers! :mad: We did have one estimate for $2400, but after multiple bids had the 1st taken down for about half that. We used the same company to trim the other trees the next summer, and that was when they mentioned they thought the 2nd tree was infested and said they would remove it for $600. We ended up waiting a bit and had it done during their slow season and they did it for $500.

@mzfrizz--ditto on what robin said about your foot issues. I had a pretty bad case of PF. The custom orthotics I got worked wonders, but ultimately losing almost 60 lbs has made it so I only wear the inserts with my work shoes. As long as my runners have good arch support, I can go without any additional athletic orthotics.

@robin--yes, my list is short, but the 3 items are pretty big jobs espeically #3. Pretty sure I will need to break that one down into smaller tasks or I will never get it done.

Tuesday Goals:
    Well, I got to the gym today and did better on my protein intake, so met 2 short-term goals. Wednesdays have sort of turned into my mowing day, so I will probably be consumed with yard work tomorrow.

Had a nice visit with garetie tonight. She made me a very yummy and healthy dinner, and we got to sit and catch up. Although it was a hot humid day, the evening wasn't bad for chatting on her patio.

Goals:
    1. wash/dry clean all drapes in house
    2. shred old files
    3. clean out spare bedroom

Exercise Goals:
    Mon--walk gunner DONE
    Tues--walk gunner DONE + gym DONE
    Wed--walk gunner
    Thurs--walk gunner + gym
    Fri--walk gunner
    Sat--walk gunner
    Sun--walk gunner + gym

July Goal = 100 miles

7/1 = 3 miles
    7/2 = 0 miles
    7/3 = 2 miles
    7/4 = 2 miles
    7/5 = 1 mile
    7/6 = 2 miles
    7/7 = 8.5 miles
    7/8 = 1.5 miles
    7/9 = 2.5 miles
    7/10 = 1.5 miles
    7/11 = 1.5 miles
    7/12 = 1 mile
    7/13 = 3 miles
    7/14 = 1.5
    7/15 = 4 miles
    7/16 = 4 miles
    7/17 = 8 miles
    7/18 = 1.5 miles
    7/19 = 1 mile
    7/20 = 8.5 miles
    7/21 - 1 mile
    7/22 = 8 miles
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Regarding the August challenge: What if we make it a nutritioncalorie challenge that people can adjust to their specific goals?

Many may want to go with tracking days under, but tjose worried about being too far under, could take amiee's advice and make the goal to fall near the allowance rather than under.

People could also make the goal to be under a certain number of days (say 20/30) if that's more realistic for them.

Others could adust it to a specific macro--meet daily protein goal ur stay under carb goal, for example.

People can pick and choose, mix and match to meet their own personal nutrition needs.

Just a thought. :smile:
  • lmackbethl
    lmackbethl Posts: 156
    Options
    bump :drinker:
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Mileage for 7/22: 3 miles (2 for water aerobics, 1 chasing around the park with grandkids.) Laurie, when my knee dr suggested that I cut back my mileage, I set my July goal for 75 miles.
    Today was a fun day. We had a picnic at a city park with our son's family, 2 busy little boys, and sweet little Jane. Then we got to visit with my very best friend. She and her husband just returned from an 18 month mission for church. It was so good to see her again.
    We ate out this evening, so not a great food day, but could have been much worse.
    Onward and downward. Kaye
  • tootsanderson
    Options
    Toots- The kids are adorable. What a great addition to your family.
    @toots--loved seeing the pics of your new additions (soon to be)! :flowerforyou:

Thanks! We're pretty fond of them ;)
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Fera - you make a good point about the August Challenge - I agree with your not participating in this one as its your choice and you can set your own challenge. That's the beauty of the challenges - they are individual enough that people that are not fit don't feel left out some months OR feel this thread is exercise driven thus the change this month - but your proposal would be good for the September Challenge. I'll save it and propose it for September.

Kaye - what bad news - ouch ! I can't tell which is worse the financial hit or going without doing laundry for 10 days -thats a nightmare - gosh! :sad: :grumble:

Kah - Glad you like the idea - I think we should nickname it The Christmas Bank - like we're saving for the holidays. Its a mind game, it really won't work, but its something to strive for in our minds.:laugh: Working on your macros would be great since you are so experienced and on the leading edge.
    The resume stuff was from a creative website,I know a lot of artists and volunteer at an art gallery, but I'm more office-medical-secretarial-doctor assistant type, so I'm glad you set me straight -MUCH thanks!

Susan - yay! :heart:

Beachy - good to see you !:drinker:

MowMow -gosh I need to hear about your new kitty - please update me - I'm too far behind to find it!

aimee - great modification - I'll add that.

Teresa - 30 days and 8 lbs is EXCELLENT - do not berate yourself -. you must give yourself tons and tons of praise - lots of self praise!!! Every ounce, every second you do right, praise yourself Please STOP the cycle of self criticism that is as bad as a Krispy Kreme.. Keep up the great work you are doing. EIGHT POUNDS -WOOT! :drinker: Celebrate the positive!!! Be proud that you returned to the thread when you could. Its not mandatory to post every day. Shoot, if it was, I would not be a member myself!

RachelSteener -welcome - you are automatically a member - you don't have to post daily either.!

RobinB - NFL Draft - oh goodness gracious - you'll have to tell me when he's drafted and which team he's on so I can follow - that will be exciting to know a player - I'm sure he'll be entered :heart:

toots = I think we're both cursed - :laugh: darling kids!

littleshadow - best wishes at the ENT

mindyrenee - Welcome! - You'll find plenty of friends for support here - first of all, try to drop by frequently - don't worry about every day but often as you can. Second, accept the fact that you will "fall off the wagon" or stumble at times or give in to a craving. This just happens but its not the end - its just a pot-hole on the road - hang on to that thought and come back to us and re-start, and remember your on a long, long journey, not a quick fix.
    You'll make great friends to help you over the struggles and you will achieve your goals!

ebailey - lots of issues on your mind - what a time - I''m sure your eager to hear about your promotion! If your immediate boss wants you in that position your chances are definitely higher than anyone else!

Laurie - the challenge is not to see how Under your calories you can go but that you stay AT your goal and not exceed it. The Lent idea is not for me either. I do like the miles challenge and want to use it again but think it would be monotonous if we use it too many times in a row and too much work for you especially at the beginning of the school year.
    Glad you trust your mechanic and he's got a plan!

Skinny - so many options - its late - my brain is overloaded - :yawn:
  • ebailey710
    ebailey710 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    @Karen: I am going for Toddler Room Lead. I have a feeling the position was changed from director to lead knowing that I would apply. In early childhood, I am not qualified to be a director because I do not have 18 credits in child development, I have only 6. However, in Before and After care, I am perfectly qualified as a director. There is supposedly a BA position opening in the fall as well. My plan was to go for that, get enough money to go back to school, and then try for a director position in my building. I DO qualify as a lead. What's worse, licensing changed all these rules this year. Last year, I would have qualified no problem.

@Robin: I am eager too. It is frustrating because I know it is yes, we are just caught up on all this legal bs.

Wednesday Wish: I wish my husband picked up after himself. I'm always following him around closing drawers and cupboards, and last night I really hoped he would change over the dishwasher, but alas I had to. I am upset with him about it. Friday, I got out early from work so I started working on housework. I picked up the living room so I could sweep and mop it later, and when DH got home, he got all of his magic cards out and they are STILL all over the floor... -.- Yes, I love looking at your mess every day, especially after I have just picked it up.
  • littleshadowfeet
    littleshadowfeet Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    JULY MILEAGE CHALLENGE

Total: 49.76 / 60

07/01 - 0 (migraine!)
    07/02 - 2.5 miles
    07/03 - 2.26 miles walking, 30 min treading water (1.5 miles)
    07/04 - 4 miles
    07/05 - 0 (storm!)
    07/06 - 3 miles
    07/07 - 5 miles
    07/08 - 3 miles
    07/09 - 3 miles
    07/10 - 3.5 miles
    07/11 - 1.5 miles
    07/12 - rest day
    07/13 - 2 miles
    07/14 - 2 miles
    07/15 - rest day