Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I'm so far behind on personals so here are a few to start getting caught up......

@susan - Glad to hear you're OK and getting your head above water. We've missed you!

@kaye - 10 days without a washer?!? You'll have a new appreciation for it when it's fixed.

@skinnyjeanz - I like your idea for individualizing our nutritional/calorie goals for next month. I need to concentrate not only on staying under every day, but hitting my 30% protein goal (which keeps me from blowing out my 40% carb goal).

@robinb - We've been to N'ville a number of time visiting friends and always have a great time. This visit we went to Arrington Vineyards for a picnic, wine tasting and live music. It was a great night. Very exciting about your son. Hope he has a great season.

@laurie - Sounds like your car is finally in good hands. Hope it's fixed soon. And thanks for the mileage update.

@teresa - Great first 30 days!

AFM - While I've been doing well exercise wise, my eating has not been as good. DH brought home a giant box of York Peppermint patties and nothing good has come from that unless you count empty wrappers as a good thing. While I haven't gained any weight, I have also not lost any and I feel like I'm falling into the thinking that tells you "Oh, one more won't hurt". But it does when losing is a struggle to begin with. Our August challenge will be good for me to refocus on my diet and hopefully snap me out of this type of thinking.

Hope everyone has a great day!

July Mileage Goal: 100 miles

7/1 - 3.02
    7/2 - 5.02 (3.02 walk and class)
    7/3 - 4.86 (2.86 walk and class)
    7/4 - 3.92
    7/5 - Rest Day
    7/6 - 2.70
    7/7 - 4.72 (2.70 walk and class)
    7/8 - 2.91
    7/9 - 2.86
    7/10 - 2.90
    7/11 - 2.90
    7/12 - 7.30 (14,615 Fitbit steps)
    7/13 - 3.98 (7,978 Fitbit steps)
    7/14 - 2.90
    7/15 - 2.88
    7/16 - 3.01
    7/17 - 3.02
    7/18 - 2.82
    7/19 - 2.84
    7/20 - Rest Day
    7/21 - 2.90
    7/22 - 2.88
    7/23 - 2.84

Total: 73.18
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Wed Wish- That I could get my eating under better control on a daily basis. I am in a walking routine now just need to get into a food routine.
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    @Karen~I think that’s a great idea for an August challenge, to mix and match based on individual nutritional needs. I hear you on the spare bedroom—mine has become a catch-all, I really need to do something, it’s become overwhelming but it needs to be done before I can paint in there!

@Toots~The kiddos are adorable, thanks for sharing!

@Teresa~8# in a month is fantastic, the healthy way to lose weight is to average a 2# loss every week—I’d say you’re right on the money, so keep trucking along.

@Laurie~Sounds like you found a great mechanic, I hope your car is fixed soon!

@L2T~York peppermint patties are pure heaven and evil! I’m not a candy eater but do like those, I made the mistake of buying the mini’s a few weeks ago (to this day not sure how they ended up in my cart :noway: )—they lasted 3 days. :embarassed:

AFM~It feels so good to be running again, ran some during a session with my trainer last night. We’re still mostly doing legs—think he’s trying make into a beast or something (130# on leg extension), my quads are going to hurt later! My fingers are crossed that when I follow-up with my doc tomorrow I can start going without the splint and can start using my thumb again—I’m able to pinch small things with it, so I’m hoping I’ve progressed to larger items (either that or I'll be in trouble for pinching the small items :frown:). On antoher note my Fitbit battery is low, I hope it lasts throughout the day and my workout later.

July Mileage:

7/01/14—3.39mi
    7/02/14—3.30mi
    7/03/14—3.23mi
    7/04/14—None
    7/05/14—1.58mi
    7/06/14—1.97mi
    7/07/14—4.81mi
    7/08/14—3.69mi
    7/09/14—4.00mi
    7/10/14—2.76mi
    7/11/14—4.14mi
    7/12/14—1.93mi
    7/13/14—2.14mi
    7/14/14—2.82mi
    7/15/14—3.36mi
    7/16/14—5.14mi
    7/17/14—3.34mi
    7/18/14—3.27mi
    7/19/14—1.76mi
    7/20/14—3.35mi
    7/21/14—3.36mi
    7/22/14—4.08mi

Total: 67.42/100 Miles
  • blturner1
    blturner1 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Bump... Finding my way back :flowerforyou:
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone.

Happy Gorgeous Grandma Day! Here's How to Celebrate. . . You know what today is? It’s Gorgeous Grandma Day! Really, see? The odd little holiday is a chance to honor the special women in our lives who are over 50 and crushing it. But before we jump into celebration mode, there are a few requirements that must be met in order to be considered a “Gorgeous Grandma” (brutal, I know). Aside from being over 50, a Gorgeous Grandma:
    • Must believe she has her whole life ahead of her, not behind her. . .
    • Wants to get the most out of every day
    • Wants to thrive, not just survive
    • Cares for her mind and body
    • Takes the sweet with the bittersweet
    • Cherishes herself as much as she cherishes her loved ones
    • Refuses to remain static—she’s open to learning, to new ideas, to new challenges and to new experiences
    • Loves life and ain’t afraid to show it

“If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ~Wayne Dyer

Tom
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    toots = I think we're both cursed - :laugh: darling kids!

That plays right into my Wednesday Wish! I wish I had more focus!!
    @Toots~The kiddos are adorable, thanks for sharing!

:D Thanks!
  • littleshadowfeet
    littleshadowfeet Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    My Wednesday wish is simple... I wish someone could figure out what is going on with my sinuses! :( Had my ENT appointment today, and he said the pain I am having is not sinus related at all. Which makes no sense whatsoever. It started in April after a head cold - typical sinus infection pain. I was treated with antibiotics, and the right side cleared up but not the left. Pain, pressure, and a plugged ear. Two more rounds of antibiotics each relieved the acute symptoms for awhile, but they pressure and discomfort never went away. The ENT said my xray was normal and that it's probably migraines. I get classic migraines, I am very familiar with them. This is not anything like a migraine (although the sinus headaches are as painful as the migraines) - the pressure in the left side of my face is 24/7 and only relieved by decongestants. It is not tooth-related or jaw related, as those have both been checked. Anyway, I am back to square one with no treatment other than oral decongestants and steroid spray, and another appointment with my family doctor on August 11th once we're back from vacation. I am frustrated and tired and sad that I will have to continue to deal with the pain and fatigue through our vacation. Hoping to figure out a good drug regime to get me through. I purchased a package of medicinal peanut butter cups on my way home today, I felt it was only right. :tongue:
  • aprilshowers0417
    aprilshowers0417 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    my wish is strange/for one day i want to be able to know exactly what someone is thinking when they are talking to me. that's it just one day/might be sorry but:)
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone. Well as usual I go a couple days without checking and ya'll get away from me. Just got done reading and caught back up. I have spent the last 3-4 days having a bit of a pity party. Still not sure what was causing it other then my darn ankle/foot hurting. Once my primary care doc got back to me they said I had tendonopathy and to stay off of it as much as possible until my follow up on Aug 1st. They didnt say anything about using a boot to help immobolize it while getting somewhat more mobile again and when I brought it up they said we would evaluate the need on the 1st. The top of my foot is now a spectacular shade of greenish purple as all the deep bruising is coming to the surface. I really think my main problem is basically being housebound. I dont think I had realized how much I was enjoying getting out and walking with the dogs and hiking and gardening and everything else. I woke up this morning and said enough was enough. I have made myself a list of things I can get done around the house that have been long overdo and will just have to make do with that. I have also come up with a routine that doesnt involve my ankle of simple workouts that I can do here at home that should take 30-45 min a day. I love the idea of a sticking to calorie goals for the August challenge. Could be just what I need to get me back in the mindset I had in the beginning when the weight was still really coming off. Well I need to get up and start getting some stuff done. It will be an interesting process of do a little sit do a little sit and repeat all day. Have a great day everyone.:heart::drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • Mommygotbig
    Mommygotbig Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Add me as a friend if you'd like. I have about a 100 to loose. I'm down 13 pounds in 2 weeks with MFP and support. I love this thing.
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    I don't think I'd participate in an 'under calorie goal' challenge. Personal preference and all, simply because I'd be too tempted to way under eat to do "better" in the challenge, or would feel like 10 calories over or something means my day was all bad. I'm definitely an "all or nothing" personality, and I've just figured out how to balance it all, foodwise. However, if that's what y'all choose to do... then good luck to you, and I'll check in without participating, then see about joining the September challenge.

I do like the active/exercise minutes option, though. :)

Miles for 7/21 - 2.58 miles
    I would participate but I would change my macro because I am usually under calorie goal but way over on sodium daily. I have to apologize I responded before reading all the discussion. I agree with Karen on how we can personalize it.
  • Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Mileage/Active Minutes

7/1: 13 miles, 197 AM
    7/2: 2.5 miles 32 AM
    7/3: 5.1 miles 135 AM
    7/4: 8.1 miles 360 AM
    7/5: 5.5 miles 120 AM
    7/6: 9.3 miles 213 AM
    7/7: 2.5 miles 55 AM
    7/8: 5.8 miles 175 AM
    7/9: 7.5 miles 150 AM
    7/10 3 miles 90 AM
    7/11 6.5 miles 150 AM
    7/12 6.5 miles 143 AM
    7/13 12.1 miles 120 AM
    7/14 5.3 miles 122 AM
    7/15 3.2 miles 105 AM
    7/16 1.9 miles 60 AM
    7/17: 2.6 miles 63 AM
    7/18: 4.8 miles 128 AM
    7/19: 6 miles 135 AM
    7/20; 13.1 miles 260 AM
    7/21: 5.6 miles 130 AM
    7/22: 0--- REST!!!
    7/23: 4.6 miles 100 AM

128/150 miles
    3043/3720 AM
  • littleshadowfeet
    littleshadowfeet Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    JULY MILEAGE CHALLENGE

Total: 53.76 / 60

07/01 - 0 (migraine!)
    07/02 - 2.5 miles
    07/03 - 2.26 miles walking, 30 min treading water (1.5 miles)
    07/04 - 4 miles
    07/05 - 0 (storm!)
    07/06 - 3 miles
    07/07 - 5 miles
    07/08 - 3 miles
    07/09 - 3 miles
    07/10 - 3.5 miles
    07/11 - 1.5 miles
    07/12 - rest day
    07/13 - 2 miles
    07/14 - 2 miles
    07/15 - rest day
    07/16 - 3 miles
    07/17 - 4 miles
    07/18 - 1 mile
    07/19 - 1.5 miles
    07/20 - 1.5 miles
    07/21 - 4 miles
    07/22 - 1.5 miles
    07/23 - 4 miles
  • Teresa_3266
    Teresa_3266 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!! :bigsmile:

This has been a day of cleaning out the refrigerator (no idea how long some of that stuff was living in there! :noway: ) I also did all my laundry, ironing, and dusting. I've had the last three days off work which has been Heaven!! But hubby says no to retirement so tomorrow it's back on the sales floor hoping for a good buying customer...or five...or ten! :smokin:

@Laurie, please take me off the miles challenge. I was keeping track and then I go the Fitbit and I stopped keeping track and then the days just got away from me. I will do next months challenge for sure.

@Little Shadow, I am so sorry to hear about your pain and suffering. I feel your frustration and truly hope that some doctor can figure it out for you and get you the needed help. :flowerforyou:

@jtconst, I am sorry for your foot pain. As a long time foot pain sufferer I know how diffcult it can be. Hope you are back to normal soon! :flowerforyou:

I apprecate all the kind words about my weight loss this last month. Robin, you are so right about my habit of self-critism. It is something I have struggled with my whole life. I think that I will make Wednesday's wish about me being a little nicer to me. :smooched:
  • ebailey710
    ebailey710 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    @Teresa: Being positive and nice to yourself is a good habit, but a difficult one at first. It took me a while to be nice to myself and look on the bright side, but now I can apply it everywhere in my life!

@jtconst: Sorry to hear about your foot. It is tough being active when you are in pain.

@Mommy: Welcome!

@mnwalkingqueen: I agree with the nutrition challenge. It will be good for me to pay attention to my macros, but also keep my calories down. Lately I have been slacking.

@littleshadow: Sinus issues are no joke.

The promotion is officially unofficial. I am going with the other directors on a training on Tuesday, but I haven't been given the official nod until the big boss argues with licensing. She doesn't want to give it to me and then have to take it back because of the legality of my education. Oh, bother.

This morning again, I was all ready to go on my run and my stomach started to have issues. I wonder if it's a lactose issue. I will start on week 10 on Monday. *le sigh* I was really looking forward to staying on track, but sometimes you have to listen to your body.

DH and I were fighting last night but made up. I had a crappy day and I let a lot of things get to me.

My week's goals have changed since I took out running. I want to be active at least the rest of this week. I am thinking of lifting tonight.
  • Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Still Wednesday, so my wish... I wish I could break down this barrier of not logging food. In a nutshell, I'm giving myself permission to eat what and how much I want because it's summer, and I should enjoy it and not be so strict. The logging was working great the past several months, but I can't get back into it. I may log breakfast but I never finish logging everything and always end up eating too much. Ugh... I tell myself every day just log your food, but it never happens. This is why I need the calorie goal challenge for August... I need something to get me back on track with no excuses.
  • Pamella924
    Pamella924 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Checking in with my Wednesday wish - I wish I had the gumption to go walking everyday after work. I didn't do it Monday or Tuesday and felt like a sloth. After work today, I immediately changed into my sneakers and took Audrey Hepburn on a 2.2 mile walk. It felt great and I was so proud of myself when we got home. She got lots of compliments because I made her wear her rain coat (ever try putting a rain coat on a 70 lb black lab? not fun). It never did rain, but at least we were prepared if it did.

So I wish for gumption.
  • hansea47
    hansea47 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Wed Wish: I wish that eating ice cream burned calories. Mmmm....what a delicious burn it would be! :bigsmile:

I am all in for the calorie/macro goal challenge! I want to stay at or under my calorie goal and I need to work on reducing my sugar and/or carbs...have to think on which macro goal I want to focus on. It may be easier to focus on getting enough protein, then there will be less room for sugar and carbs. Hmmm...

I went for a bike ride tonight that ended up being a couple miles longer than I intended. I got home from work, but I had something I needed to drop off at one of our other clinic sites. The clinic is about 2 miles from my house, so I told my husband that I was going to get two birds with one stone: take a quick bike ride to and from the clinic, and get the stuff dropped off. The clinic is on one of my running routes that goes around the small lake in our city. It's 4 miles round trip on a straight shot through town, but if I take the lake loop it's about 6. Well, I'm super clever and decided that instead of taking the unpaved section of trail behind the clinic, I would try a short cut through the parking lots/streets nearby. Ummm...my "short cut" took me 2 miles out of my way! Whoops. Not every street...actually almost none of the east-west streets are through streets because of a fenced off set of railroad tracks. 8.11 miles later, I made it home. :ohwell: Silver lining is that I got in some extra, unplanned activity today! AND I got to see parts of the city I've never been to before! :drinker:

July Goal: 90 miles

7/1: 5.32
    7/2: 2.63
    7/3: 6.34
    7/4: 1.34
    7/5: 1.19
    7/6: 5.22
    7/7: 2.58
    7/8: 3.77
    7/9: 2.92
    7/10: 6.64
    7/11: 1.70
    7/12: 2.03
    7/13: 4.78
    7/14: 2.70
    7/15: 2.78
    7/16: 1.24
    7/17: 1.48
    7/18: 2.02
    7/19: 2.07
    7/20: 8.30
    7/21: 3.21
    7/22: 4.48
    7/23: 4.59

Total: 79.33
    Sleep Goal: 20/31 days with 7 hrs
    14/20

Monday: Gym, Lift and Stretch-DONE
    Tuesday: Run-DONE
    Wednesday: Bike-DONE
    Thursday: Run
    Friday: Rest
    Saturday: Bike
    Sunday: Run
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Karen- You are correct. Sorry, I picked up the wrong number from the spread sheet, you have completed 59 miles and had 41 miles to go. After today, you have 33 miles to go

Kaye- Sorry, I must have missed that post about changing your miles. They are now changed. You have 18.1 miles to go.

Tanya- I have your total miles with today’s update at 134.5 miles completed with 15.5 miles to go.

Teresa- Good job on getting the house hold chores done and out of the way. I have removed you from the challenge. Does the fitbit record your daily miles or do you need to connect it to a computer every day to get the data? Reinforce a positive thought about yourself everyday.

Hansea- I love your bike ride. What a great way to add extra miles and to sight see in your own town. It always amazes me how you see for the first time during a trip using a different mode of transportation. I also extend rides by going through different neighborhoods and checking out the houses. Did I miss the 8.11 miles in your mileage log for today? I am only seeing 4.59 miles listed for today.

Robin- I am all for leaving the mileage challenge for a month or two. I agree we all need a break from it. I don’t mind the macros challenge and I am good with what ever the group decides.

Karen- Great suggestion for the challenge and personalizing it.

Pamella- Welcome. The best way for me to hit the gym after work is to go straight there and get my workout done. If I come home first, then I won’t go back out again unless I am meeting a friend to workout. Cute story about your dog and the raincoat.

Ebailey- Hope they figure out the licensing situation quickly. Your stomach issues could be related to the stress you are experiencing regarding the job. Hopefully, it will clear up quickly.

Mommy and April-Welcome.

Little Shadow- Sorry that you didn’t get the answers you were looking for from the ENT. My wish is that you find the answer to your pain.

I am celebrating my success for this week early. Tonight I swam the Butterfly for the first time and did well. In the past, when I have attempted this stroke, I end up drowning myself and give up. Tonight, I completed 4 lengths of the pool and lived to tell the tale.
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Status report for July 13- 19 week 3

Distance Milestones—How far we have come in May and we just keep going

Starting line
    Rainandwood (0 miles)
    Ushkil (0 miles)

1 mile Club

2 mile Club

3.1 miles (5K club)

4 miles (8K)

5 Miles (9K) :smile:
    forgeahead (5 miles)

9 miles=15K :bigsmile:
    machbeth (11.5 miles)

12 miles=20K

½ marathon- 13.1 miles=22km

16 miles-Sprint Triathlon Level (you just complete the distance of a Sprint Triathlon:happy:
    Robin B 20.53 miles

Marathon club-26.2 miles=43km

33.93 Miles=Olympic distance triathlon level (51.5km) :laugh: :laugh:
    Tlh (40.29 miles)
    Ferafilla (42.73 miles
    Little Shadow (44.76 miles)
    Kaye (46.4 miles)
    Karen (49.5 miles)
    Ebailey (40.5 miles)
    Ms. Frizz ( 44.85 miles)
    Tom (39.45 miles)

50 miles Half Century Club :drinker: :drinker:
    Kelley (56.63 miles)
    Hansea (58.75 miles)

63.86 Miles- ITU Long course Distance Triathlon :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    Lives 2 Travel-64.56 miles

70.3 miles- Half Ironman Distance Triathlon :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    Queen (89.83 miles)

100 miles Century Club :heart: :heart:
    Tanya (111.2 miles)

140.6 miles-Full Ironman Distance

150- Exercise BEAST:heart::heart:
    Laurie (158.81 miles)

Total miles in challenge: 1738
    Miles completed at the end of week 3: 945.31
    Miles to go: 792.19