Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Nettie... Congratulations!!! Wonderful news! Also great that you've maintained your lowest weight for this long... Should be a breeze for you to keep up the good nutrition during your pregnancy. Until those cravings hit... :tongue:

I originally stopped logging due to monotony, but was keeping track in my head. I've been slowly slipping in the nutrition department and falling back into fast food. But at least I still keep my portions down and do have some idea of the amount of calories I'm consuming. The only thing keeping me from starting to gain is all the exercise I'm getting. It's a LOT, but I love summer and want to be out all the time hiking and running and biking. I will start logging again as I want the scale to start moving downward again and that's what will do it. (And some better food choices, of course).

Laurie... That's such an awful situation with your car. I hope you get some satisfaction soon. Wow... 26 mile bike ride! Great workout even if it was mostly flat.

AFM... I did another full day of hiking and geocaching. Lots of mud, hills and bugs. I got over 20,000 steps today too. I will try to update mileage later, or at least tomorrow, I have a list somewhere. :laugh:
  • hansea47
    hansea47 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Nettie- Congratulations! I love the way you had the animals announce. Super cute. :) Hang in there, your energy will come back about half-way through....then at the end you'll be tired again. Then baby comes and you'll be tired until they turn 30. Hehehehe...so excited for you!

Laurie- What a mess about your car! I hope you get it all sorted it out soon.

Kaye- I'm so glad you're feeling better! And I'm glad your DH's a-fib is not concerning his physician.

Pamella- Welcome!

AFM- I was going to rant about my lack of discipline and exercise and excessive eating over the past week...but, instead I'll just say that today was a turning point and I'm feeling really motivated.
    NSV a day late....I ran 7 miles this morning! That's my longest distance to date! I also logged EVERYTHING I ate today and finished my diary. Running 7 miles leaves you a lot of wiggle room. ;)

July Goal: 90 miles

7/1: 5.32
    7/2: 2.63
    7/3: 6.34
    7/4: 1.34
    7/5: 1.19
    7/6: 5.22
    7/7: 2.58
    7/8: 3.77
    7/9: 2.92
    7/10: 6.64
    7/11: 1.70
    7/12: 2.03
    7/13: 4.78
    7/14: 2.70
    7/15: 2.78
    7/16: 1.24
    7/17: 1.48
    7/18: 2.02
    7/19: 2.07
    7/20: 8.30

Total: 67.05
    Sleep Goal: 20/31 days with 7 hrs
    11/20

Monday: Gym-Lift and Stretch-DONE
    Tuesday: Run-DONE
    Wednesday: Bike Ride-DONE
    Thursday: Run and 30DS-REST INSTEAD
    Friday: Rest -DONE
    Saturday: Bike Ride-NOPE
    Sunday: Run-DONE...AND THEN SOME! :)
  • beckah35
    beckah35 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Nettie- Congratulations!! How exciting!
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @tanya--I also need to start tracking more religiously. I have been for the most part, but have gotten lazy when dining out. :blushing: The scale has stayed in the mid-180s, but I would like it to move down as well.

@laurie--I'm so sorry about your car dilemma--that stinks! :grumble: I guess I'm a little confused though--if it's under warranty, why wouldn't the company approve it? Is it a dealer warranty or some sort of ectened warranty? Regardless, if the powertrain is covered in the warranty, you shouldn't have to pay for any repairs on the transmission, and I would insist AAA pay for at least part, if not all, of your car rental costs. Glad you had a nice bike ride today--I hope it helped relieve some of the stress this whole car situation is causing you.

@nettie--congratulations to you and brian!! I agree with others--stay focused on your nutrition and you'll be fine. My new car is a dodge challenger, and I absolutely love it! :love:

@mel--Hi! :flowerforyou:

@pamella--welcome! :flowerforyou:

@erienne--I was going to ask if you don't by any chance happen to have six fingers on your right hand? Then I realized you said the Princess Diaries not the Princess Bride. :laugh: Great job running 40 minutes!! New shoes will probably do wonders for you knee as well...

@kelley--I've heard good things about that movie, but it does look a bit strange to me. Congrats on your continued success with the scale. :drinker:

@tom--it's funny b/c people assume that b/c I'm bad at math and teach literature that I must be right-brain dominant. However, I'm actually much more analytical and am a rare left-brained left-hander. When I take brain dominance tests, I always come out about 60/40 left-brain dominant. I also want to see that movie. :happy:

@kaye--I love scones! You're lucky I'm not nearby or I might be lurking on your doorstep. :laugh:

@katrena--glad I motivated you to take care of those plants.

@robin--sorry I can't be your excuse to ignore the plants any longer--but my 2 surviving plants are probably pretty happy about it. :wink:

Saturday Success:
    I got my dead laptop to power up--the porblem is that it's overheating, so I vacuumed it really good to try to get some of the gunner fur out of it. Once I got it going, I immediately saved all of my Switzerland pictures to a facebook photo album which I shared with my 3 friends who I traveled with. This way, even if I never get the laptop to start again, they are saved on the internet. I also saved a few other folders of pictures of my niece and great-niece to a flash drive. There may be a few others I want to try to download, but I didn't have time b/c I had to go visit my niece.

After visiting with her for awhile, my parents babysat and my sister and I went shopping to the outlet mall. I got a few tank tops and a dress at Banana Republic outlet. I was really hoping to find a pair of black shorts, but no such luck. :ohwell: I also still haven't gotten to Soma to get new bras--maybe tomorrow.

Sunday Share:
    Those of you who have been on the thread since last summer probably remember that I'm a Tour de France fanatic. For the new folks--"hi, my name is Karen and I'm addicted to watching the Tour." :laugh: It's been really good this year, but strange b/c pretty much all of the riders favored to take the yellow jersey have crashed out of the race. It's about 2/3 of the way finished--they got through all of the Alps stages--today was a flat stage transitioning to the Pyrenees. Tomorrow is the 2nd of only 2 rest days, and then tuesday picks up with stage 16 (out of 21). Italian Vincencio Nibali is set to win the overall if he doesn't get sick or crash--of course, it's the Tour so anything can happen--and usually does.

Goals:
    1. do something about house plants--some are dead, some need to be re-potted DONE
    2. wash/dry clean all drapes in house
    3. shred old files
    4. do something about dead laptop DONE
    5. clean out spare bedroom

Exercise Goals:
    Mon--walk gunner DONE
    Tues--walk gunner DONE + gym RAN OUTSIDE INSTEAD
    Wed--walk gunner DONE
    Thurs--walk gunner DONE + gym DONE
    Fri--walk gunner DONE
    Sat--walk gunner NOT DONE
    Sun--walk gunner DONE + gym DONE

July Goal = 100 miles

7/1 = 3 miles
    7/2 = 0 miles
    7/3 = 2 miles
    7/4 = 2 miles
    7/5 = 1 mile
    7/6 = 2 miles
    7/7 = 8.5 miles
    7/8 = 1.5 miles
    7/9 = 2.5 miles
    7/10 = 1.5 miles
    7/11 = 1.5 miles
    7/12 = 1 mile
    7/13 = 3 miles
    7/14 = 1.5
    7/15 = 4 miles
    7/16 = 4 miles
    7/17 = 8 miles
    7/18 = 1.5 miles
    7/19 = 1 mile
    7/20 = 8.5 miles
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Pamela - Welcome - your humor is great - you fit in well! Love your doggie names. Read the following - just for you!

:heart: :heart: :heart:
    FOR NEWBIES ....................................PLEASE NOTE................................................................

- soon, we will soon come to the end of this current thread - every 20 pages, - we start a new Thread - you will see at the bottom in the last post on page 20 a sentence like this :

(<Continued at this topic >) and the words “this topic” will be in blue.

Click on that phrase and it will take you to the first post on our new page One.
    :heart: FOR NEWBIES ....................................PLEASE NOTE................................................................

- soon, we will soon come to the end of this current thread - every 20 pages, - we start a new Thread - you will see at the bottom in the last post on page 20 a sentence like this :

Click on that phrase and it will take you to the first post on our new page One.

Morgori - I have a treasured momento of the Moon Landing - a signed photo of Neil Armstrong hanging on my walls - I remember the Landing so well. Those years shaped my imagination!

Kah - I understand Resume design and structure has changed alot since I retired from the work force.I hear they use more graphics. Is that true for you in your field?

ebailey - camping - I saw an interesting camp meal on TV - they took individual foil packets of Frito's and used them as bowls for their chili - they used Hormel canned. I thought it quite clever. :wink: Have fun!

Mel - welcome back. The word "cottage" is so peaceful.

Skinny - LOL - no pins were used in your name! :bigsmile:

Jeanette - BABY ON BOARD - WHOO HOO! I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!:flowerforyou:

Laurie - I'm just gonna keep you in my thoughts - I know you'll do it right and keep the exercise going strong. Your amazing! :drinker:

Tanya - so so busy this summer - you're quite the summer girl! Mud and bugs etc - wow! :noway: :laugh:

SUNDAY SHARE - I live in Omaha, NE and I'm 63 going on 101 physically somedays I swear! Nah, seriously, just getting back to my old self after medical stuff. No kids, Condo. Retired. Starting weight was 264, got down to 206, have bounced up a bit.
    Its a battle but winnable. Takes me longer than most to learn easy lessons. As one of our wiser members has learned quite easily, without a gum membership or any fancy equipment, its basic: less calories in than you burn and you lose weight. Friends such as we have here are so much help though - that's what this thread is for.
  • RobinsEgg
    Options
    :heart:
    FOR NEWBIES ....................................PLEASE NOTE................................................................

• RobinsEgg
    Options
    :heart: :heart:

• RobinsEgg
    Options

• RobinsEgg
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

• RobinsEgg
    Options
    :heart:

NOW - we start a new Thread - you will see at the bottom in the last post on page 20 a sentence like this :

• RobinsEgg
    Options
    Newbies, Welcome to our Thread! You can join us just by posting your comment at the end of this thread. Feel free to say what you what. We have some guidelines below and some suggestions for monthly challenges but it’s not mandatory and you can jump into the challenge at any point in the month.

GOALS and IDEAS for daily posts (Not mandatory)

Monday - Check In (how are you doing? Had any successes or struggles this week-end?)

Tuesday - Goals (do you have any goals you want to share with us?)

Wednesday - Wishes (what do you wish? It can be weight related or not, can be realistic or not)

Thursday - Truth (got anything you need to ‘fess up to or get off your chest?)

Friday - Fitness (what are you doing to get fit? How are you preparing for weekend eating?

Saturday - Success (what have you accomplished; focus on the positive of the week, NSV=non scale victories)

Sunday - Sharing (tell us a little about yourself....update your personal life)

Monthly Challenge: July is a mileage challenge. You can fulfill it any way you want, because you can convert any activity into miles with the info at the bottom of this segment. Run, walk, swim, climb! Please report your “miles” in the manner below on Sunday or Monday each week, if you are participating. Laurie keeps the records and gives us all well-earned praise for our efforts!
    Here is the easy reporting format that you can copy and paste if interested;

Goal Mileage: x Mile
    6/1= x miles
    6/2= x miles
    6/3= x miles
    6/4= x miles
    6/5=x miles

Example
    Goals for the month = 140 miles (this is for an exceptional person!)
    5/1=9 miles
    5/2= rest day
    5/3 =1 mile ( conservative estimate)
    5/4= x miles
    5/5=x miles

FYI – any 20 min. segment of aerobic exercise (i.e. swimming, walking thru mall ) counts as about 1 mile. Go for it!
    I am not sure what website converts weight training to miles but I will try to find one. I have websites that convert KM to miles. This website shows you the conversion for weight lifting to steps per minute so hope that helps. Then you set a steps goals or use X amount of steps to equal 1 mile and base your numbers on that.
    http://www.purdue.edu/walktothemoon/activities.html
    Good Newbie Advice On Getting Started:
    From our member, Lives To Travel:

Make a list of what you will and will not do to get to your goal.
    I did this when I first started. I had 3 columns: WILL DO, WILL NOT DO and WILL TRY LATER.

I was brutally honest with myself when I made this list. Cooking from scratch or following a specific diet plan that meant I had to cook was firmly in the WILL NOT column. Also in that column was "Quit eating out." After cooking for a family for 30+ years, I am over it and knew I would need to rely on prepared foods for dinners.
    The WILL column contained things like "staying within a daily calorie goal".
    Exercise was in the LATER column.
    Based on this list, I came up with an eating plan that I felt would be sustainable for me.
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Just claiming my space in the new thread! :)
  • RobinB0812
    RobinB0812 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Holy cow! on vacation for 12 days then came back to a busy, busy week of work last week (including about 5 hours of overtime - cha-ching!) and we've rolled over the thread! I've been reading for about a week now to get caught up and I'm finally here!

Extremely tired but MUST say to Nettie - CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :heart: :heart: :heart: :smooched: :smooched: :smooched: :love: :love: :love: I am soo happy for you and Brian!!

I'll catch up and include more personals tomorrow!

Until next time; wishing everyone peace, love and weight loss! :flowerforyou: :heart: :bigsmile:
    and...
    Don't sweat the small stuff, just SWEAT!
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    I'm working most on remembering to drink enough water. It is better than before, though, because I quit caffeine cold turkey about nine months ago. I still don't drink enough though.

Let's see. Sunday sharing. I've been gone a real long time, so I guess I'll just reintroduced myself. My name is Amber. I have been married for almost 15 years. We have five children, legally, but only three live with us at the moment. The other two are waiting for us in China and we'll be going to pick them up soon. We live in the great Southwest. Frying away in the high deserts of the Land of Enchantment. I'm a professional author and I currently have five books out, and several on deck that I haven't finished in a timely manner, oops. I have a heck of a lot of weight to lose. Maybe 140 pounds. A couple of years ago I lost 45 pounds using MFP but as soon as I stopped tracking I gained it all back.
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Mileage for 7/20: 2.8 walking. It is so hot. I hate sweating!
    Sunday share: I'm Kaye from western Idaho. I started with MFP at the end of August almost 2 years ago. In addition to the weight I have lost, I have had both knees replaced. I found Robin's thread shortly after joining. The people here have become real friends and have been a large part of my success. I have a large family with whom I am very involved. You'll learn a lot about us as you follow along. I have a very basic calories in/calories out approach to weight loss. It is really all about creating a calorie deficit. There are many ways to do that, but that is the bottom line no matter how you achieve it. That said, I have been stuck since March and am really trying to get to losing again.
    Thanks to all of you for being my rock and my inspiration.
    Onward and downward. Kaye
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    just bumping and transfering my list of goals and mileage :smile:

Goals:
    1. wash/dry clean all drapes in house
    2. shred old files
    3. clean out spare bedroom

Exercise Goals:
    Mon--walk gunner
    Tues--walk gunner + gym
    Wed--walk gunner
    Thurs--walk gunner + gym
    Fri--walk gunner
    Sat--walk gunner
    Sun--walk gunner + gym

July Goal = 100 miles

7/1 = 3 miles
    7/2 = 0 miles
    7/3 = 2 miles
    7/4 = 2 miles
    7/5 = 1 mile
    7/6 = 2 miles
    7/7 = 8.5 miles
    7/8 = 1.5 miles
    7/9 = 2.5 miles
    7/10 = 1.5 miles
    7/11 = 1.5 miles
    7/12 = 1 mile
    7/13 = 3 miles
    7/14 = 1.5
    7/15 = 4 miles
    7/16 = 4 miles
    7/17 = 8 miles
    7/18 = 1.5 miles
    7/19 = 1 mile
    7/20 = 8.5 miles
  • FeraFilia
    Options
    Adding my miles. I forget when I posted them last!

Goal: 75 miles

July 1 - 3.23 miles
    July 2 - 2.50 miles
    July 3 - 2.92 miles
    July 4 - 1.12 miles
    July 5 - 1.12 miles
    July 6 - 3.05 miles
    July 7 - 3.03 miles
    July 8 - 2.86 miles
    July 9 - 2.03 miles
    July 10 - 2.30 miles
    July 11 - 2.48 miles
    July 12 - 2.56 miles
    July 13 - 1.53 miles
    July 14 - 1.47 miles
    July 15 - 1.63 miles
    July 16 - 0.89 miles
    July 17 - 2.87 miles
    July 18 - 2.44 miles
    July 19 - 2.70 miles
    July 20 - 2.30 miles

Total: 45.03

Eeep. I have 11 days to get 30 miles if I'm going to reach my goal!
  • beavers79
    beavers79 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello I am Christy. I am just getting started on MFP. I am super excited to get involved in this blog. I need lots of support and motivation. My goal is to lose 100 lbs. Last summer I lost 80lbs. But shamefully I have gained 50 of it back.
  • FeraFilia
    Options
    Hi Christy! :)

I joined this group a couple months ago and love it!

I know exactly where you're coming from, too... but I did the opposite. I lost 50 pounds, then gained back 80. :blushing:
  • beckah35
    beckah35 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to say "Welcome" to Christy and Pamella!