Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• ushkii
    ushkii Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    OK, I have just had a shock. My husband was buying running shoes at the weekend, and the shop had a competition on, which they persuaded me to enter. We have won some shop vouchers (fantastic) and two entries to the Reading half marathon in March.

Is this remotely plausible? I've been exercising every day, though not actually running, and the most I've ever done before is a 5k and I walked lots of that.

You should give it a good try, I bet you will surprise yourself!

Joe, keep on logging and keep on keeping on.

Wed Wish: drink all my water! take a walk.

MFP friends are uplifting, snotty, realistic, pushers, complainers, reassuresing, braggers, comforting, annoying, loving, irritating, and I need take some with a grain of salt (crap my sodium again). I think this (MFP and MFP friends) are great tools to open you up to change, if one of the tools is not working for you put it down and use one that does the job.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Wednesday Wishes - That I didn't STILL have (and hope I don't have forever) the internal dialogues with myself about if I should eat something or not. I had a half slice of apple/zucchini/walnut bread yesterday and although I was under my calories I blew my carbs out of the water with it.

I went shopping yesterday and bought the stuff for the 321 cake in a cup and I *REALLY* wanted to try it but my carbs were already way over from the earlier apple/zucchini/walnut bread.. I spent a good 45 minutes arguing with myself inside my head about it. On one hand I'd already blown my carbs out of the water so what's a few more. On the other hand that's the destructive mentality that got me IN this mess of a body...... Enough was enough and I'd already had a sweet treat that day.

And no, I didn't eat the cake. I had a piece of cheese instead.
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Mid-way through in-law invasion. Just 5 more days. If I never see another mall again, it will be too soon. I had all these stupendous ideas--the Chihuly and autumn exhibit at the arboretum, the book depository (Kennedy exhibit), the museum, balloon festival, movies, opening day of state fair (this Fri.)--they wanted to go to Neiman-Marcus, Costco (?!), Saks, DSW, Sam Moons, Galleria and malls. When not doing that, they play with their new electronic toys.

Hubby's 70th birthday Monday. Restaurant owner brought out a selection of complimentary and "deathly" fabulous desserts. Oh, I am so weak. The devil(sfood) made me do it! Even though we shared them, each dessert alone was enough to feed all at the table.

Discovered today I am LOSING MY HAIR! Suspecting it's several of the Rx's I'm taking, including warfariin.:sad:

Toots: Good news about NOT moving. Want to know how your :heart: is doing. No results yet?

Halloween Challenge: 9,074 steps today/110,974 steps to date/400,000 goal. Hope all challengers are doing well.

wow, at least you've got to burning some calories, doing all that shopping. i laughed pretty hard about the devil's food thing. clever. the only results i have is the EKG, so we know that it isn't my heart causing the flutter. but the agreement is that it's a bit excessive to be natural so we're on to other things trying to figure out what the deal is. they took four vials of blood, so hopefully that will give us some answers.
    Happy HuMp DaY!!! Well...today I am 40:sad: and not anywhere near where I'd hoped to be by now:grumble:
    Wednesday Wish: To be Happy, Be Healthy, and I wish the same for you:flowerforyou:
    Be Happy, Be Healthy, Be Blessed:heart:
    patty

nobody ever is, are they? i remember when i was a senor in high school i went to new york over spring break and my sister, who is ten years younger than me, desperately wanted to go. and i have such a vivid memory of telling her that when i was 25 and she was 15 i would take her to new york because i would be established and everything would be under control in my life and i'd totally be able to afford to take her to new york. Yeah. not so much. i think the problem is that we look ahead with no idea what's up there :laugh: the view when we get to the peak usually isn't what we thought it would be. i'm coming up on 40 too, i mean, in that i'm 37, and i haven't accomplished much either. but i figure maybe i should either have faith that where i am is exactly the right place, even if it isn't where i was trying to go, or i could change things. so far, i'm still where i was lol so i guess i'm picking the previous option. maybe just because it's less work ;)
    MFP friends are uplifting, snotty, realistic, pushers, complainers, reassuresing, braggers, comforting, annoying, loving, irritating, and I need take some with a grain of salt (crap my sodium again). I think this (MFP and MFP friends) are great tools to open you up to change, if one of the tools is not working for you put it down and use one that does the job.

this is true. and i find that outside of this thread i'm just not a good friend. i never comment on my feed, i never look at anyone's diary. i never do anything but log my food and come to this thread.
  • 2S_1R
    2S_1R Posts: 171
    Options
    @sunshine_frec -- good luck on your presentation

Wednesday - Wishes

I would get by bass boat finished and in the water.
    My instructor would stop giving so much busy work.
    My energy level would return since i stopped drinking coffee (3 weeks into no coffee).

Gerrit: Thank you! It didn't go to horribly. ;)
    I'd have to agree with the instructors that are giving busy work.. Hopefully you get your wish! ha!
    Try small chocolate energy bars from the cracker isle. I looked at the nutritional values, and they don't look too terrible.
  • pattynava
    Options
    Happy HuMp DaY!!! Well...today I am 40:sad: and not anywhere near where I'd hoped to be by now:grumble:
    Wednesday Wish: To be Happy, Be Healthy, and I wish the same for you:flowerforyou:
    Be Happy, Be Healthy, Be Blessed:heart:
    patty

nobody ever is, are they? i remember when i was a senor in high school i went to new york over spring break and my sister, who is ten years younger than me, desperately wanted to go. and i have such a vivid memory of telling her that when i was 25 and she was 15 i would take her to new york because i would be established and everything would be under control in my life and i'd totally be able to afford to take her to new york. Yeah. not so much. i think the problem is that we look ahead with no idea what's up there :laugh: the view when we get to the peak usually isn't what we thought it would be. i'm coming up on 40 too, i mean, in that i'm 37, and i haven't accomplished much either. but i figure maybe i should either have faith that where i am is exactly the right place, even if it isn't where i was trying to go, or i could change things. so far, i'm still where i was lol so i guess i'm picking the previous option. maybe just because it's less work ;)

I think I will go with that option also....:laugh:
    Thanks ma'am!!! You always Brighten My DAY:flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Wednesday wish: Everyone find satisfaction and success in your efforts today, whatever they are. This is still new for me so I am hoping that I can continue to enjoy the journey and have success. Technically, I guess it isn't really that new. I've been down this weight-loss road many times in the past. I guess that's why I'm hoping that I can continue to enjoy it. I know from experience how fast it can fall apart.
    Happy Wednesday, Kaye
  • dobarber
    dobarber Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    OK I'm getting nervous. Today is the 26th and my 5k run is on Saturday. The top of my foot started hurting during one of my running workouts on Saturday. Haven't run much since then. It's feeling a little better but I still have tringes every once in a while. I hope its ok for race day.
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Lizmil - I love your new picture -didn't realize you had long hair - you'd look gorgeous in chesnut brown hair!

Christine - I agree with the rest - don't waste your energy on a friend who's path is so completely different than your own

Linder - I am in awe and respect for you getting the guns out of your dad's place. You were sweating "bullets" weren't you! :laugh:

Grammy - you have my sympathies about losing your hair - its an awful, awful, feeling. But there are wonderful products on the market. I know because I have lost about 70% of hair on top of my head and have to compensate. Google "New Hair Day" by Joan Rivers. Its a powder you brush into your scalp where your scalp shows. It matches your hair color perfectly and provides good coverages if its just thinning. I have brownish hair and I purchase the red color - its a better match for me.

Gloworm - great exercise goals - keep at it!

Imackbeth - congrats on your trememdous hike !!!! WOOT! Hope your heels heal quickly!

Bohemian Coast - I've always thought house cleaning would be easier if there were drains in the center of the floors of the kitchen and the bathrooms, and you could use a leaf-blower for other parts of the house. :laugh:

PattyNava - HAPPY BIRTHDAY - YIPPEE!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

ushkii - very well said about friends on MFP the way you compared them to tools. Kudos. :smokin:

MowMow - congrats on eating the cheese!
  • trhjrh06
    trhjrh06 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    @Alison:: Well I'm not sure what you average as far as weight loss goes. But I think 18lbs by december is very doable! I had 25 to go and now it's 23 :) That's a little under 2lbs a week. Which when I was losing I was averaging 1.5lbs a week. So not too far off.
    And I'm going to do my best and work my hardest to do it and if I don't quite make it I'm not going to be upset will just be happy with what I did lose! We got this :)

@sunshine_frec:: Well I already failed and weighed myself this morning....boo! But it was a good weigh so thats a plus lol. Either way I'm really going to work on it now :)

@Doug::: You SO have this! You have been working so hard and you know you can do it! And if your foot is hurting then maybe you can't run the whole thing and you walk some. NOTHING wrong with that! Will just give you a goal to beat at your next 5k!

@MyM0wM0w::: I completely understand what you're saying. The past few weeks were horrible and as a day got worse the next day did too "already messed up yesterday what does it matter now" is the way I was thinking. We can't do this! But I think it's going to take awhile to get our body and mind thinking right. I mean our mind didn't care for how long? It will take awhile. But we can do this...we are doing this!

@Joe::: Congrats on making good decisions when you can! I just want to say I know exactly what you're saying. I too used to go to a gas station and grab a pack of chips or cookies or danish or something like that and eat it in the car or what not. And I went a year doing really good with my food and lost the 50lbs and the past few weeks had been HORRIBLE for me. I mean really bad food wise. I think I will always struggle with food, at least it feels that way. But my mind is changed from the past two weeks. I'm back to where I was when I was losing. Just have to ask yourself what's more important? That tasty treat or losing weight? And sometimes you can have both! If my calories allow it I will definitely treat myself sometimes. Either way just wanted to say I know what your saying and it's tough. Also congrats on the loss!!!

Sorry I know I haven't caught up to everyone but break is getting over!

Wednesday Wish::: My wish is that I just keep up with what I'm doing as far as focusing on logging and staying under my calories. And again I will eventually figure out a really good schedule for me to work out and add that in as well. Maybe instead of having to get up at 4:30am the days my husband works...maybe I just change my workout days....maybe I do Saturday-Tuesday and every other Wednesday? That could work! Weekends are hard as far as calories go anyway so seems like a win win to me!

Have a wonderful Wednesday everyone!
    Tina
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    I saw the doc yesterday about my bilateral arm pain. I thought I might have a herniated disc in my neck but the good news is I don't - hooray. I just have muscle strain that's been hidden because I've been on pain killers from my surgery and the recommendations are to continue with the meds for 2 weeks until the muscles heal more - they are too sensitive for PT at this point. Its kind of ludicrous because I can hardly lift a gallon of milk or brush my hair, and I end up laughing because I have to use both arms to do things at this point. I have been taking advil around the clock as well - I should own the company by now.

I swear one little surgery and then its one complication after another............:grumble:
  • monarchris
    monarchris Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Wednesday Wishes - That I didn't STILL have (and hope I don't have forever) the internal dialogues with myself about if I should eat something or not. I had a half slice of apple/zucchini/walnut bread yesterday and although I was under my calories I blew my carbs out of the water with it.

I went shopping yesterday and bought the stuff for the 321 cake in a cup and I *REALLY* wanted to try it but my carbs were already way over from the earlier apple/zucchini/walnut bread.. I spent a good 45 minutes arguing with myself inside my head about it. On one hand I'd already blown my carbs out of the water so what's a few more. On the other hand that's the destructive mentality that got me IN this mess of a body...... Enough was enough and I'd already had a sweet treat that day.

And no, I didn't eat the cake. I had a piece of cheese instead.

Way to go, one victory at a time and you are such an inspiration to us!
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,147 Member
    Options
    OK, I have just had a shock. My husband was buying running shoes at the weekend, and the shop had a competition on, which they persuaded me to enter. We have won some shop vouchers (fantastic) and two entries to the Reading half marathon in March.

Is this remotely plausible? I've been exercising every day, though not actually running, and the most I've ever done before is a 5k and I walked lots of that.

It's possible. Old fat tubby me did a half marathon some years ago with a friend. We walked most of it but darn it---WE FINISHED IT. I was so proud of our effort.
  • linder4866
    Options
    OK I'm getting nervous. Today is the 26th and my 5k run is on Saturday. The top of my foot started hurting during one of my running workouts on Saturday. Haven't run much since then. It's feeling a little better but I still have tringes every once in a while. I hope its ok for race day.

You are going to do this!!!! Sorry you've had some foot pain BUT you are going to do this. You've trained---you've got it. Stay positive.
  • linder4866
    Options

Linder - I am in awe and respect for you getting the guns out of your dad's place. You were sweating "bullets" weren't you! :laugh:

quote]

Excellent---I'm still giggling.

Yesterday was b'day
    my celebration supper/dinner was a tablespoon of peanut butter. I'm sure someone here can appreciate that. Ha.

Wednesday wish: that the obstacles in our paths will not be insurmountable.

Okay, drink that water!!

Lin
    :drinker:
  • linder4866
    Options
    Okay, I screwed that up. Need more sleep.

Ya know what I meant right?

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
  • 2S_1R
    2S_1R Posts: 171
    Options
    @sunshine_frec:: Well I already failed and weighed myself this morning....boo! But it was a good weigh so thats a plus lol. Either way I'm really going to work on it now :)

Wednesday Wish::: My wish is that I just keep up with what I'm doing as far as focusing on logging and staying under my calories. And again I will eventually figure out a really good schedule for me to work out and add that in as well. Maybe instead of having to get up at 4:30am the days my husband works...maybe I just change my workout days....maybe I do Saturday-Tuesday and every other Wednesday? That could work! Weekends are hard as far as calories go anyway so seems like a win win to me!

Tina- That's totally alright. I felt the urge to check today because I did well yesterday for food and exercise, but I did NOT check. I'm hoping Monday brings at LEAST a 2 lb change. That would be nice... Good plan on the changes in your work out days. Do what works for you. For instance, I take weekends off, because I have a 2 hour lacrosse practice on Sunday's that kick my *kitten*. Good luck girl!
  • monarchris
    monarchris Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Good morning to my beautiful friends here! Got my walk with Belle in this morning, but it sure was hard. Overcast skies, occasional sprinkles make for difficulties with breathing and my arthritis. I kept praying for strength to finish and counting my blessings that I could walk. I appreciate all the advise about the friend. I am keeping her as a friend and have started praying for her daily. There is a possibility that I will be moving to Chicago late next Spring or early Summer as my son who helps me take care of my business is up for a promotion and wants me to come live with them. If they go I will go with them as I want to stay with my granddaughter with whom I am very close. I also enjoy my grandson who shares my love of action space cartoons. My regret will be leaving my church where I have lots of friends and am involved in many activities. Whatever happens, I will leave it up to the Lord's will.

Joe, glad things are going well for you and congrats on your good choices.
    Ushkii, right on about MFP.
    Robin, praying your arms are better fast.
    Lin, glad you took care of the guns, I wouldn't have known how to unload them! You were brave.
    Skinnyjeanz, I had something I wanted to say, but got distracted by a phone call, sorry, you are an inspiration to me.
    To all others, sorry I have such a short memory and my arthritis is too painful today to take notes but read your posts and love each and every one of you!

Wednesday Wish: Wishing for the Cleaning fairy to show up at my apartment, has anyone seen her?
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    I think I will go with that option also....:laugh:
    Thanks ma'am!!! You always Brighten My DAY:flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:

aww, you're sweet. you saying i brightened your day brightens my day. what a crazy chain reaction.

you can totally do it. good luck and maybe give the foot a rest for a day or two.

Have a wonderful Wednesday everyone!
    Tina

That sounds more practical. I mean, to me. I would never get at 4:30 unless the house was on fire :laugh:
  • Gloworm46
    Gloworm46 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    @Imackbethl -Wow I AM impressed by your hike, congrats! Have you tried Mole Skin on your heels? Available at any drug store my foot products (in case you don't know what it is - or am I the only one who had never heard of it until last year?)
  • GrammyWhammy
    GrammyWhammy Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Wednesday Wish: That I'd quit dorking around with the same few pounds and get over that "100" mountain. I know you all have heard this before. Before the invasion, I was almost there. Then the alien in-laws landed. When they leave on Saturday I am doing another purge of poisonous treats.

For anyone who heard me whine about my foot problems last week, though the heel pain is hanging on (spur), the top of the foot agony is easing. Sherlock Grammy finally figured out that the new shoes were too tight and pressing on a nerve/artery causing swelling and excruciating pain. The solution--loosen my new stretchy ties and move them out of the top-most holes. :blushing: Swelling is almost gone. How dense can I get?

Doug: Read the above paragraph. Do you have new running shoes too? Maybe that could be the source of your pain. In any event, you CAN knock out this 5K on Saturday. We're all rooting for you.

Robin: Thanks for the tip re my thinning hair problem. I have visions of being a female Telly Savalas (youngsters, he was a smooth-headed lollipop sucking actor popular in the '80s). Glad your shoulders have a manageable problem, muscle strain, rather than something more sinister.

Toots: Keeping fingers crossed that the vampires find nothing more than a heart that likes to rumba!

Must go cemetery prowling now. Will explain later when I check in with my steps.

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: