Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• MrsMorgori
    MrsMorgori Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Have a Happy and Healthy Friday :) Gonna start back up on the WII FIT this weekend, man is it hard to get those last few pounds off, to make my goal!
    @Kah Happy Birthday :D
    @Laurie Good Luck at the swim meet! Good for you, that's awesome B)
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone.

Happy Bittersweet Chocolate with Almonds Day
    When : Always November 7th
    National Bittersweet Chocolate with Almonds Day is today. Lucky you....lucky me.
    Chocolate is a vegetable, made from cocoa beans. Almonds are good for you, as they help to improve your Cholesterol levels. So, bittersweet chocolate with almonds is goo for you, right!?
    On this special day, we will not question this logic...will you?
    Happy National Bittersweet Chocolate with Almonds Day!!!

“All blame is a waste of time. No matter how much fault you find with another, and regardless of how much you blame him, it will not change you.” ~Wayne Dyer Quotes

Tom
  • mountmary84
    mountmary84 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Friday Fitness: Did a little better with the exercise this week. 2X with core fitness DVD. My goal was 3x/week, so I am getting close. Kinda over did it yesterday so will skip today.
    Frustration: My stove broke this AM while poaching eggs?? I will not to eat my frustrations away as we will need to replace the darned thing.
    Calorie goal for all in: 3/30. Not quite ALL in, but I am going to keep trying.
    I do read all your posts, but when it comes to replying have trouble remembering for personals who did what. Do you all go back and re-read and then comment? Is there an easy way to scroll back?
    Barbara / Mountmary84
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    Friday Fitness - Made it through spin class this morning without feeling like I would pass out. I feel so much stronger than I did even just a month ago. In most of my fitness classes I can almost keep up.
    In the back of my mind I have this thought that when I get to 200 I will be able to do everything. The truth is I may be able to but not until I get my body in better condition. Far too many years of eating what I wanted and doing nothing but lay on the couch.

Car trouble yesterday and am without wheels today - I am in luck as the repair is less than $400.00. But this means the customers I was supposed to see yesterday will now get done on Sunday. So I lose another day off. I have taken only 2 days off in the last 4 weeks. Pity party please. :'(

@Kah68 - I hope your birthday was wonderful.

@tlh0407 - I hope you savor every minute of your time this weekend.

@Helenatrandom - good luck with the celebrations, you can do this.

@grammywhammy - Wonderful news about your husband, I hope things go smoothly for both of you.

Check in - Food 5/5, Fitness 5/5 :D
    Love to all
    Lori <3
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Thank you, everyone, for the birthday wishes. It was a nice day and I didn't blow my macros either. :smile: I enjoyed a wonderful pumpkin spice bundt cake from a placed called Nothing Bundt Cakes (they are out of this world fantastic). Otherwise, I ate pretty close to usual.
    soosun wrote: »
    So when you want to reply to a post you enter the @ sign in your post and then go back up to whereever the person's name is and type that too. if you are doing two steps why even do the @? I am not making the connection. If I click in front of the name nothing happens at all. Am I making this more difficult than necessary? I am thinking that if you click on the name it will appear in the reply to the post. Not that?

@Soosun~Yes, you're making it more difficult than it is. :wink: Using the "@ just emphasizes that you are addressing a specific person. Some of us use it and some of us don't--its just personal preference. Lately, Robinsegg has been using bold" so the names of the people she is addressing stand out. Neither is necessary, just makes things flow better--for me anyway.

I'll stop by later to catch up with more personals, just wanted to address Soosun quickly.
  • GrammyWhammy
    GrammyWhammy Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Friday Fitness: Got my cardio and weight training in early this a.m. I love working with my trainer because....I HATE EXERCISE and she makes it more fun/forgettable by diverting my attention. I know that sounds bad, but I think I was a sloth in a previous life. Growing up I was very active, but you had little choice in those days. We walked or rode our bikes everywhere. After chores were done, Mom would turn me outside with the order to "Go play!" But in adulthood, as my body grew older, fatter and creakier, I became more sedentary. Now if I could skate, cycle and play like I did when dinosaurs roamed the earth, I would again "Go play!"

Tom: Thanks for the heads up! Besides chocolate and mint, bittersweet chocolate and almonds in their many forms is another favorite of mine. Best of all, to anyone out there in the Chesapeake Bay area, is Wockenfuss Chocolates' dark chocolate "pistachio" cream confection--made of green tinted ground almonds (marzipan) and coated in dark Peter's Chocolate--they are the best EVER! Wockenfuss Chocolates are locally produced and sold in one of their 7+ locations and on-line. I have 3 lbs. hidden away for Thanksgiving and Christmas and plan to sample a few on those two "free" days. Mmmm-mmmm!

Lori: I am so impressed with your progress. Especially with your spin class! WTG!

Barbara: FYI, I am about to clean out my veggie bin. Can you guess what I'm doing next? :) Sorry about your stove. Guess it's time to put it out of it's misery.

Ellen/RobinsEgg: Glad to see you are doing so much better. You are doing so well with all your goals, too. A big pat on the back is due.

November All-In Challenge:
    5/30 (hopefully 6/30 by tonight) under 1350 calorie goal, 1/30 200 cals over
    7/30 cardio, 3/30 weight training, at 11 a.m. 5600 steps and plan on making 10,000 steps by tonight to make it 6/30 10,000 (I forgot I didn't make it on my rest day)

And, believe it or not, today the scale said I was down another 3.3 lbs!!! :o Got on several times to verify. It's either feast or famine with that scale, but I'll take the loss!

Hang in there everyone. We can do this!

GrammyWhammy>Marsha

• jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone. I had a miniscule loss to report today but I hadnt weighed for a couple of weeks and think I had probably gained a couple pounds while misbehaving so I am I am going with the loss was bigger then it looks. I have committed to weighing and recording every Friday and logging all the good bad and ugly days. So far I am 5/5 on that committment. This has been a good week. I have stayed under calories every day with minimal inner struggles and worked out every day , though I have to admit my darling 7 yr old nephew had to nag me into getting started today, lol. The plans for today are get the house picked up and ready for deeper cleaning tomorrow, finish my shopping, help son clean out the garage again, and take kittens to vet for shots. Should keep me busy enough to help cut down on the snacking. Well I better get started. Have a great day everyone. :)
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Hey guys-
    Just a quick drive by to catch up on posts and check in. We had P/T conferences last night. I managed to keep the day pretty light in anticipation of a higher calorie dinner plus drinks afterward. Dinner was decent--catered from Portillo's but I avoided the bread and pasta. However, I had one drink more than I had planned b/c we ended up staying out at the bar much longer than I'd anticipated. I still would have been within 100 calories of my goal, but (Thursday Truth) when I got home the DH had brought home Wendy's and I ate a Jr Cheeseburger. :blush: Still not a terrible day (was over by about 300 calories), but I'm counting it as one of my 3 allowed.

Today I'm tired and cranky, but I only have 2 classes left. Will check back later to do personals.
  • NK1112
    NK1112 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    “If food is your best friend, it’s also your worst enemy.” ~Edward “Grandpa” Jones

November Challenge: All-in
    Daily mini Goals on Attendance Sheet
    Calories at or under goal 3 out of 6 days
    30 Minutes sustained activity 3 out of 6 days
    did housework 3 out of 6 days
    Got outside 6 out of 6 days
    Socialized 6 out of 6 days
    In place calisthenic 2 sets each of 5 routines 5 of 6 days

Doesn't look like I'm giving it my ALL yet ... I'm only 50% on half of the items.

So, I will end with another of @Morgori guotes ...

“None of us can change our yesterdays but all of us can change our tomorrows.”
    ~Colin Powell

Niki
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    @Laurie…good luck in your swim meet and have fun getting back to your climbing. I’m just wrapping up TOM and it’s frustrating what it does to my weight. GRR

@Helen…November is a month of birthdays for me too. My husband’s was on Tuesday and he picked Spaghetti and garlic bread (mmmm….garlic bread!!!) for his dinner. Tonight is my sister’s and she has chosen Indian Tacos. Luckily I don’t care for them, so I will be having regular hard shell tacos instead which will be lower in calorie. She also picks a donut cake which I don’t care for either so I won’t have much in calories for that. My other sister turns 40 the day before Thanksgiving so we’re going to surprise her the weekend before by driving out to Minneapolis and celebrating with her.

AFM: I didn’t quite get through everything yesterday. I still need to do my bedroom and at least four more boxes before Saturday at 5:30. I’m hosting some of my girlfriends for supper and I’d really like those things done/organized before they come as this will be the first time 2 of them have seen the house. After a full day of cleaning, I just couldn’t get myself to the gym and it didn’t help that my sister had to work late so she basically ran out of time too. The plan is to make it there on Saturday morning so I’ll still get in my 4 workouts this week.

Fitness Goals.
    • Friday - rest (other than continued cleaning)
    • Saturday - Jenna's Workout
    • Sunday - cardio at gym
    • Monday - Thursday (1 day will be Jenna's Workout, 2 will be lifting, 1 will be rest)

Household goals.
    • Get through 5 packed boxes. 1 DOWN 4 TO GO
    • Go through my closet and put away summer clothes and donate items.
    • Bake/decorate Buttermilk cake with Maple Bacon Frosting
    • Paint Emma's dresser.

ALL IN CHALLENGE
    Calories -- goal 27/30
    -- current 5/6
    Workout -- goal 4 per week
    -- currently 3 this week
    Water -- goal 25/30
    -- current 4/6
  • Teresa_3266
    Teresa_3266 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Just a quick check in because I don't want to get too far behind. It's been a long week due to extra shifts so my manager is letting me take tomorrow off. I plan to spend the day with hubby just hanging out and having some fun. Plus, I'm making my crockpot beef stew that is to die for!! :D

Here are my goals:

Calories:
    Good Days:5/30
    Bad Days: 1/30
    Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Days: 1/30

Steps:
    Goal Completed: 5/30
    Goal Failed: 2/30

@Kah, Happy Birthday!!! :D
  • jtconst
    Options
    oopps the icheyhol got me but it sure tastes good :)
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    I really enjoyed climbing tonight, it felt great to be back on the wall. My arms may be screaming at me tomorrow but it was a good workout.

It was a busy day and the kids were crazy- full moon I guess. Hope they calm down soon.

I will catch up with everyone tomorrow.
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Friday fitness hello all.
    I did a build a bigger booty fitness blender workout. I'm starting to really focus in eating more calories. Just the right ones. I have a heart rate monitor and I burn crazy cals throughout the day when I weight train. Gotta get my sodium under control though

Which brings me to Saturday. I enjoy going to eat with friends and family on the weekend so it makes it hard for the sodium. My goal? Plan ahead so that I can eat accordingly. And drink lots of water. My nag for the week is that my awesome jacket fits even better this year than it did last year
  • NK1112
    NK1112 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Good Saturdy morning everyone.
    November Challenge All-In 27 checkmarks out of a possible 42 .. falling way behind here.
    Calories at goal ... 2 of the past 7 days .... horrible, terrible, don't want to talk about it.

Yet ...
    I have a success to report ... I have turned around some really negative thinking I had this week about my food journal ... and found the positives in it.
    * Two good days at goal
    ** Four days, while over cut calorie goal were well within my maintenance calories
    *** Only 1 day where I went over maintenance calories
    ***** Therefore, 1 bad day out of 7 is not the end of the world *****

“People only see what they are prepared to see.” ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone.

Happy Cook Something Bold Day
    When : Always November 8th
    Cook Something Bold Day is today.
    According to it's creator, Wellcat.com, Cook Something Bold Day is designed to encourage us to cook something bold and daring, that will fill up the house with warm, "homey" odors. It is celebrated in the month of November, as houses are closed up for the winter, and capture the cooking smells.
    We hope you cook up a storm today, and have a very happy Cook Something Bold Day!!!

“First we form habits; then they form us. Conquer your bad habits or they will conquer you.” ~Robert Gilbert

Tom
  • jtconst
    Options
    Good morning all. Well finally I am in sync with one of Toms "days". I am having the family over to dinner tonight and the house will be full of the smells of garlic beef and roasted veggies. Oh and dont forget the apple pie. It is actually a pretty healthy menu I have planned other then the pie and I am not sure about the calorie count on polenta as that is a new dish for me. Have to get it in the recipie calculator sometime today. Well I have a million things to do to get ready for tonight so have a great day everyone and I will see you all tomorrow :)
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @niki—good job looking for the positives!

@getit—sodium is so tough when eating out at restaurants. Love the use of the jacket to motivate you. I’m also very motivated by great fitting cute clothes!

@laurie—nice that you got back to climbing. My kids were ok, but now it’s a 4-day weekend for them—Monday is institute and Tuesday off for Veteran’s Day—so next week they will be bonkers. Hope your dad is still improving. Good luck at your swim meet Sunday.

@tammy—LOL

@teresa—enjoy your day off!

@tracy—there’s nothing like having company over to get my house spruced up. Sounds like you made a lot of progress.

@marsha—wow, the scale is really on the move for you—awesome!

@kelley—so sorry I missed your birthday. Happy belated!!

@lori—yes, being lighter helps with a lot of the exercises, but overall fitness is also so important. It’s amazing though how quickly you can build up stamina and strength even after years of being sedentary. The body truly is an amazing machine!

@barbara—with this new version of the threads, there’s no easy way to scroll back. I just open a word document and flip back and forth between screens to type personals as I read.

@helen—great job staying under your fat grams. You will get through the birthdays. If you know you will eat the pizza, I would log it and then plan the rest of your day around it. Don’t starve yourself beforehand, and be realistic about how much you think you will eat—1 slice or 3?—and then stick to the plan. If you plan for one slice, make sure you stop there. (I know—easier said than done sometimes).

@kaye—glad to hear your foster grand is getting the help he needs.

@alison—good to see you back!

@all of the roasted veggie lovers—I’m with you all! My favorite is asparagus with onion and garlic. I also toss in a bit of olive oil (like a TBS for a whole big batch). Yummy!

Friday Fitness:
    Not so good this week, but I’m definitely off to the gym this morning!

Saturday Success:
    I’ve managed to stick with my calorie goal despite a really crazy, busy week. Even my one day over I was still well within maintenance. My reward this week is that some jeans that were feeling a bit snug fit much better when I wore them yesterday.

Tonight I have a gala fundraiser. No idea what’s on the menu and it’s an open bar, so this will definitely be my 2nd of 3 allowed overages. Again, I’m not going to go hog-wild or use it as an excuse to eat everything in sight. Still going to make good choices and try to limit the overage as much as possible.

November All-In:
    Under calorie goal: 6/7 days (goal is 27/30 days)
    Workout: 1/7 (goal is as much as possible)
    8k on Thanksgiving Day

Grading Goals:
    1. 6/66 AP journals
    2. x/60 Thoreau essays
    3. x/60 M1948 Vocab

Exercise Goals:
    Sun--walk gunner DONE (barely)
    Mon--walk gunner ? meeting, but not sure how late NOT DONE
    Tues--walk gunner DONE + gym DONE
    Wed--walk gunner NOT DONE + gym NOT DONE
    Thurs--rest day P/T conferences
    Fri--walk gunner NOT DONE
    Sat--walk gunner + gym
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    No personals today - just finished my own shower and now headed down south to my step-moms to help her with her own shower and her exercises in bed after. No matter my intentions for a quick personal shower, I tend to stand in there and let it warm both my shoulders and low back. Mmmmm, good!
    - Also get to see my gal pal Mary while there and celebrate her 53rd B-day with just a gift of chocolates. Smirk! She doesn't buy them for herself! (and I don't even like them!) 10 years age difference between us but it doesn't seem notable.
    <3<3 Whoot <3<3 to everyone who has tried and tried again!
  • GrammyWhammy
    GrammyWhammy Posts: 484 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Posting early because hubby is having a guys' pizza and poker night, and I am vacating the premises. Eldest daughter and I will probably go to the movies and dinner.

Saturday Success: Well, really it's an NSV from yesterday--I shopped my garage and it was fun! I have plastic containers and portable closets of various sized wardrobes. You know, from yo-yo-ing up and down the scale. Well, I'm swimming in my size 22-24 clothes, so I packed them up and went searching for something a bit smaller. I found some lovely classic suits and skirts a size or two down, and they fit with no alterations needed. Yippee! Now if only I can find some slacks and jeans out there I'll be fine until Christmas.

November All-In Challenge:
    6/30 (hopefully 7/30 by tonight after eating out) under 1350 calorie goal,
    1/30 200 cals over my goal.
    8/30 cardio, 3/30 weight training, 7/30 days 10,000+ steps (at 1 p.m. today at 7100 steps). 6 lbs. lost since 11/1.

I'm finding it increasingly difficult to hit 10,000 steps. Last night at 11 p.m. I was walking in place in front of the TV to get the last 700-800 steps in. And yes, I did a bunch of laps around the kitchen table too. When I watch TV at night, I try to get up every single commercial break to do a chore in another part of the house. It's getting old.

jconst: What is an icheyhol? Enjoy your family dinner tonight. Mmmm, fresh apple pie. Without the crust, it can be a nearly healthy dish.

getitamb: Your post made me laugh. A bigger booty fitness blender??? I'm looking for just the reverse, I think, like a big booty shrinker!

skinnyjeans/Karen: So you're living your user name--skinnyjeansbound! Congrats on your NSV.

Have a great weekend, everyone.

GrammyWhammy>Marsha