Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Taking a quick break so I thought I would check in. I dont understand my thought processes sometimes. I am already buried getting ready for dinner and then I decide I want the lighted garland up cause it would look so pretty. Now I have yards of garland, lights and kittens. Enough said I am sure, lol.
    Grammy ickeyhol is what my mom always called any alcolholic beverage because of the way you feel the next day if you have to much :)
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Jt- that is funny about the garland and lights. I am sure kittens are having a ball.

Grammy- Have fun shopping in your garage. Now, the trick is getting rid the clothes that are to big but oh so fun.

Skinny- Hope the Gala goes well.

Today was a good day and I had a nice swim this morning. Tomorrow will be the meet the only issue is that we are leaving at 5:30 am. The reason for so early is that there is a Bay Bridge run and we need to cross the bridge to get to the college before it goes to one span and traffic gets backed up. The meet is about 1.5 hours away. The good news I will be swimming a total of 5 events, I am entered in 2 relays plus the other 3 events. Tomorrow I start working towards my next goal of a triathlon. It should be a good but long day.
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Today has been a long day, and a bit ugly. I haven't had time for a walk, but I'm not calling it a rest day because DH and I made 21 quarts of fresh pressed apple juice from the apples in our back yard. It's a huge job. I logged it as moderate effort housework because I didn't know how else to log it.
    Today is Nicole's 32 birthday. I can hardly believe my baby is so old. Cathy had promised to take the kids over night, but she had to go see her boy tonight. They had a sitter until 5. I will have them until Cathy gets here about 8:30. Even though I have them every day, it's hard when we are all tired!
    I'll go over my records and report my success and mileage for the week tomorrow.
    Onward and downward. Kaye
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Hey Guys!!! Boy, I don't even know where to begin. I haven't been on here in weeks and feel completely disconnected. Shame on me!!!

After I got back from NYC with Laurie and Karen, work got a little crazy. I had 6 days in Orlando attending two conferences. During this whole time, I've also been contemplating another major life change and it's happening!!! Yesterday I gave my resignation and will be leaving Capriotti's. While I've enjoyed my time there, I really miss my family and friends on the east coast. I really want Cyrus more opportunities to spend with my parents. Being the only grandchild, I want them to spend as much time with him as possible. Right now, it cost me $1,000 every time to fly to Tampa plus we lose a day of travel due to the time difference. So. . . I've been keeping my ears open and luckily something opened up. I've accepted the position of Sr. Supply Chain Manager with Honey Baked Ham in Alpharetta, GA. Yes, I'm moving back to Atlanta. Woo Hoo!!

My final day with Capriotti's is Friday, 11/21. I fly to Atlanta on 11/28 and start on 12/2. Everything is happening super fast. I've already arranged for my car to be transported on 12/1. Movers are coming the week of 12/9 to deliver the week of 12/15. Cyrus will stay in Vegas with my sister to finish the semester on 12/19 then fly to Atlanta just in time for Christmas. He'll start school there in January. I'm actively looking for a house to rent in Atlanta. Luckily, I've got an awesome realtor friend looking at houses for me. She's looking at a brand new house that looks great. If it looks like the pictures, I'll probably put down the deposit to hold it for the mid-December move. There's so much going on, but I'm so excited to be heading back.

With that said, my focus has not been on MFP that's for sure. I completed the 6-week boot camp and was so proud of myself for making the commitment. I lost 27 lbs. Woo Hoo!! Unfortunately, I just couldn't sign up again since I'm leaving in 3 weeks and I've got a TON on my plate right now. I've only gained 3 lbs, which isn't bad since I haven't exercised one bit in the past 2 weeks and eating hasn't been all that great. I'm changing all of that next week. Even though I have 3 weeks left, I'm going to start walking again and eating better. I feel too good and miss the consistent exercise and clean eating. It was so much better for my body.

Again, I'm sorry I've been MIA lately. I'm going to go back and read some past post. I feel like such a bad friend and not following your journey too. Miss you guys and I promise to jump on here when I can to catch up.

Susan
  • grandmakaye44
    Options
    Susan, so glad to hear from you. Congratulations on your move. I know you've felt too far away from family and friends. I hope this change works out well for you.
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone.

Happy International Guinness World Records Day

When Celebrated
    Always on November 9th
    About the Holiday
    International Guinness World Records Day is a day to try and break a world record. The first edition of Guinness Book of World records was released on August 27, 1955 and soon became Britain's number one best seller. Some world records include the biggest bubblegum blown which was 20 inches. The tallest living man was 8 feet 3 inches. The longest finger nails were 28 feet 4.5 inches. To see all the world records visit

http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/explore-records/

“There are two primary choices in life: to accept conditions as they exist, or accept the responsibility for changing them.” ~Dr. Denis Waitley

Tom
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    @ nk114 it's ok we all have those crazy weeks where we messed up.

@ Susan you lost weight with all that going in? You go girl!!

@jcons. Sometimes I start projects and jump around too. It's ok:)

@morgori how'd the bold cooking go?

Nothing too much to share. Still working on my macros. Gonna continue to focus on my sodium and calorie intake. Hope everyone has a great day. Oh and I'm gonna reply clean my itty bitty apartment.
  • hansea47
    hansea47 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I've been off the map for several weeks. I love the All-in Challenge idea. I need it!

Susan-Congratulations on the new job! I hope the move and change of schools all goes smoothly.
    Laurie-Your Swallow Falls before and after pictures are so inspiring! What a transformation. The most important point is that you are now so much more fit and able to enjoy the hike more this year!
    Toots-I hope that Finn continues to improve. What a blessing for him to end up with your family and be able to get all the help he needs.
    JTConst-Your new kittens are super cute!

November All-In Challenge:
    I have been MIA for the beginning of November, so my goals will be based on what's left of the month.
    1. Check in with the thread daily.1/22
    2. Complete my food diary daily. 0/22
    3. Exercise 3 days per week. 0/9
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Morgori Tom - watching The Sunday Morning Show with Charles Osgood they profiled the National Beard Contest held in October and you could definitely compete. My oh my were some of the beards gorgeous. I swooned over the winner! Amy your one lucky wife! HA - the show ALMOST made me miss my hirsute ex-husband!
    Susan You've been on my mind! Congrats on the new job - it sounds like everything you need and want for both Cyrus and yourself. I'm sure your folks are pleased as well! What a rush you face - save time for sleep - uh, are you familiar with that word?
    GWhammy-Marsha I'm like you, I save my larger-sized clothes - are we setting ourselves up for failure that way? Laurie made an interesting remark. But, one time I did throw out the larger stuff, only to have to slink over to Goodwill when I got sick and gained some weight back....hmm, these things do happen sometimes. I like that you have space in the garage! Clothes aren't affected by temp changes.
    Laurie I absolutely wish I could watch your swim competition - thats my sport ! you feel sleek like a dolphin - you feel as one with the water, don't you!
    G-Kaye rough day - apples are not soft fruits - thats tons of elbow work! Are you sore today?

SUNDAY SHARE Robin is just a nick-name. In the real world, my name is Ellen. I've also been called Quirky Girl, Lucky, and lots of other nick-names. I'm 63 and live in the brilliant city of Omaha, NE, USA, home of the worlds best zoo and the College World Series. My door is always open to others on this thread! I tend to have multiple health problems so my weight yo-yo's. (almost said ho-ho's >:) . I started this Discussion a long time ago, as a means to get support and motivation for myself and learned that I'm a good cheerleader for others as well. The support I get back has been overwhelming. I believe it has helped me in more ways than just weight loss. The inspiration of others has enriched me, inspired me and kept me from giving up.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @robin--I agree that it's tough to get rid of the larger sized clothing. When I first started this process I put them in bags in the spare room, but left them there "just in case." However, after months of not needing to delve into that bag, I was confident enough to donate them. Since then, I'm much better about getting rid of stuff and have had no regrets. I figure if I start to gain weight, I'll notice it and do something about it if I'm uncomfortable in my clothes--so far that's worked for me.

@susan--great to hear you are moving back to Atlanta. Try to stay sane over these next few weeks.

@marsha--congrats on moving into some smaller sizes. Isn't shopping in your own closet so much fun?!?!

Sunday Share:
    The gala last night was a lot of fun. I didn't over-indulge with food. Tried to stick with mostly protein (chichen and beef) and veg for dinner. I did have one wedge of roasted potato and a very small serving of some bow-tie pasta. I also had a very small piece of cake they served for dessert--I'm talking a really tiny sliver and it was the perfect amount. Though I was good with food, I drank way too many calories of "ichyhol" as tammy would say. I stuck with captain and diet, but there were many of them. Then I did indulge in one Cosmo at the piano bar we went to afterward.

Speaking of booze, there were a bunch of raffles to raise money and three friends and I pitched in $10 each for a few chances to win a huge shopping cart full of liquor, and we won it!!! Hundreds of dollars worth of liquor, wine, and beer--crazy amounts!. The only one of us with a car there fortunately has an SUV, so we loaded it up and will meet tomorrow to divide it. Most of it is stuff I don't even drink, but I will take stuff I know I can give to friends for the holidays, or as hostess gifts when I go to dinner parties and such.

I need to grade now, so I will check in later for the November challenge.
  • mountmary84
    mountmary84 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    @jtcons Hope the dinner went well and you didn’t wear yourself out too much.
    @skinny thanks for putting me on to opening a Word doc. It does make this easier.
    @grammy How neat to shop in your garage and find exciting things. It inspired me to look around and I found some things I definitely want to get back into too...the sooner the better.
    @ susan sounds like you have some more excitement in store. Enjoy! Moving can be really a lot of work, but fun too.
    @ tom the Dennis Waitly quote is a good one to think about. Thanks.

Sunday Share: I am rather new to this so feel like I am sort of just catching on to how this works. My name is Barbara and I am a “senior” here at 71. We live in Wisconsin where winter is threatening to get started. Saw snow on the way to church today.
    Yesterday was a real challenge. I got way over on calories at lunch time by making some tomato rice soup and enjoying it too much, so went over yesterday. Today I am doing better; My hubby wanted lunch at Red Lobster today and I resisted all but one bite of those devilish biscuits had a salad with grilled salmon, Lori would suggest a better place, but Gene wanted RL.
    I hope to do better each week.

All in:
    6 days under calorie limit
    3x exercise last week. Goal is 3x week.
    Book work: Undone.

• NK1112
    NK1112 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    @Susan - hooray on having reached your decision. Atlanta has my favorite airport in it of all the ones I've spent time in.

@Skinnyjeanz - what a windfall for you and your pals winning that liquor.

@getitamb - I'm with you, working on my macros.

Sunday Share - I've been reading a lot of stuff about EatMore2LoseWeight ... there i a group on MFP by that name and a few of the aritcles I read got me to thinking ... which is often not such a good idea where I am concerned. LOL ... However it got me really doing a lot of research into how our bodies work with foods and just how they work. I've been crazy hungry all week and was wondering if it was my bodies rebound of the weight I lost last the last 3 months. So ... I've decided to let myself eat at maintenance for the rest of the month while I continue with my exercise routine and see what happens. I figure eating at maintenance is better than cutting a lot of calories and then having this raging battle going on.

Niki

PS - @morgori ... love those quotes you post. I've started a collection of them.

• Teresa_3266
    Teresa_3266 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!! I had a wonderful day off yesterday. The ladies brunch at the church was so much fun. Then hubby and I went shopping. I bought new work pants in a size smaller. :D They are a little snug and I don’t know if I will be able to get rid of the bigger size right away but by the first of the year I really hope to not have them in my house and comfortably be in the smaller size.

I also got a new study Bible, which I have been really wanting. Now I just have to be more disciplined and read the Good Book! ;)

Sunday share: My goals have been suffering this last couple of days. Calories were a little high yesterday but good today. My walking has really suffered. I just didn’t get my steps in yesterday or today. I’m really going to focus on them this coming week. I did buy a new pair of black walking shoes so I can walk around the store without (hopefully) causing me foot pain. I do confess that I’m worried with the upcoming holidays. So many food events are on the horizon and my willpower is going to take a real beating. I welcome any encouragement and advice! :)

Calories:
    Good Days:6/30
    Bad Days: 2/30
    Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Days: 1/30

Steps:
    Goal Completed: 5/30
    Goal Failed:4/30

@ Susan, I wish you the very best with your new job! I live in Athens so we will practically be neighbors!! :D

@skinnyjeanz, a car full of booze!! Girl, I need to invite you over for dinner. >:)

@Robin, thank you so much for starting this group. I know that it has helped me stay focused. When I’m not here and doing what I should be doing, I am thinking about this thread and the members. <3
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Susan- Congratulations on your new job :) , I am thrilled that it worked out for you and that you can home to Atlanta. Congrats on your weight loss and you have a good plan to keep walking and eating clean. I am doing a Happy dance and sending you best wishes for the new job. I think I have a friend who works for Honey Baked Ham Company, he is based out of MD.

Hansea- Welcome back. It is good to see you again. <3

Skinny (Karen)- The gala sounds wonderful and good luck with the grading. I need to that myself tonight if I can find the energy. Congrats on winning the raffle that is a wonderful idea to use the liquor as gifts for the holidays.

MountMary- I love those biscuits from Red Lobster as well. Sounds like you made a good choice. I hope the snow is not too bad for you. It appears that winter is starting to early.

Robin- I do like swimming but I will never be fast during a race. Some of the guys completed the 50 free in 21 seconds today. It was impressive watching them swim. I find the water relaxing and enjoyable.

Well, the swim meet was a success for me. I was able to establish 5 different base times so now I can work on improving those during the next few meets. I figure I will learn how to turn correctly and do a dive start. The tough part will be getting over my fear of diving off the block. I have a horrible fear of heights when it comes to looking down since my perception also gets screwed up. The swim meet was fun and I did okay. I finished first in my age group luckily it was a small meet today. I swam the 200 Back in 4:36:08 seconds- that was hard event for my very first race. The sad part was the heat I was in was mixed ages and I was beat by people older than me. My fastest time was 47.06 during my leg of the 200 freestyle relay. I did manage to beat my make believe heat time in the 50 Breast with a time of 55.69 so that was a huge success. The best of today was that I did it and gave it my best. My arms are sore and I think that has something to do with climbing on Friday night. I will eventually learn not to climb and race in the same weekend. Climbing is my addiction and my passion.
  • grandmakaye44
    Options
    Saturday success: 7/7 days under calories, 34.7 miles this week, fair on the water. Down 3.5 # from last Sunday. Still not quite a new low, but I like the downward trend.
    Sunday share: I, too, am a senior here, 70 years old. I really wish that I had kept off the weight that I lost when I was much younger. I have been on MFP and Robin's thread since September 2012. I lost quite fast the first year, fair for the next 6 months but have been stuck and fooling with the same 4-5# since March. I have a large family, love to cook, but hate to cook a separate meal for myself, so I have become pretty good at portion control. My exercise of choice is walking. I'm not keeping any of my big clothes. They are going to family members who are happy to have them.
    Laurie, hope you enjoyed the swim meet.
    Karen, I had to chuckle at the liquor that you won. As a non-drinker, I have no idea what I would do with such a thing.
    Robin, you are indeed a great cheerleader. Thanks for keeping us together.
    We borrowed a cider press from a friend who used to have an orchard. DH operated it. I just washed, sorted, and quartered the apples. After he squeezed them I strained the juice, put it in the jars and processed them to seal. He may have sore shoulders, but I'm fine.
    Enjoy the rest of the weekend.
    Onward and downward. Kaye
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    @cblue315 @th407 @skinnyjeansbound Thanks for the encouragement! Yesterday went fine. For dinner, I had Oberweiss 97% fat free french vanilla in a dipped cone. It was delicious! I was still under. It was a good day. (I woke up hungry, though! :D

Yesterday, a friend whom I am subbing for on Friday told me that she just found out the Principal has planned an all school four block walk to the nearest park, twenty minute nature walk in said park, and, of course, the four block walk back. She was concerned about whether I could handle it. I went for a mile walk yesterday and today. It took half an hour. (Usually, though mfp only goes as slow as 2 miles per hour, I take it slowly and take about 45 minutes for a full mile). I'm thinking I need to walk a mile each day to make sure I'm able to do this. (Sorry, I know I sound pathetic and like a wuss...) Any advice? Should I do this every day, every other day, or every day but Thursday? I appreciate the input. I don't want to hurt myself before Friday (I can NOT flake out!), but I want to be as prepared as possible.
  • LoseLiftLoveurself
    Options
    Hello Groupies!! Back again on the wagon of weight loss... I can't seem to ever stay motivated.. especially when I am on my own most of the time, and chaotic lifestyle!!! I would like to meet some new people with the same goals in mind... I to need to lose way more than 100 pounds, and I noticed that there is a challenge going on... Could I join?? TIA ;)
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @loselift--welcome! jump right in to the challenge.

@helen—as long as you’re not pushing yourself too hard, I think it’s okay to walk every day and then take Thursday off as a rest day. However, if you feel any sort of pain other than mild soreness, I would back off and maybe take Tuesday off as well. Great job staying under yesterday!

@kaye—It’s awesome that your scale is moving down. I’m in the same boat—seeing the scale go down, but not quite to a new lowest weight. Hoping to see that before Thanksgiving. Although I go out for cocktails with friends about once/week, I rarely drink at home and DH only drinks beer. At first I thought “What am I going to do with bottles of hard liquor and wine?” but then I thought of giving some of it away as gifts. Regardless, I’m sure our liquor cabinet (=under the kitchen sink with the cleaning supplies) will be stocked for years to come. We still have leftover bottles from a party we had in 2005 when I and a group of colleagues finished our Masters Program. LOL

@laurie—congrats on doing so well at your first swim meet! Have you decided what tri you will do next year?

@teresa—glad you enjoyed your day off and congrats on the smaller pants.

@niki—I’m a firm believer in eating as much as you can while still losing vs. starving yourself to death. The body is a machine that requires fuel. The downside with eating more calories is that if you miscalculate just a bit you stay “stuck” or start to gain instead. That’s why I’m also adamant about weighing myself every day. I know I will have normal fluctuations, but when those start to trend a bit upwards, I can nip it in the bud quickly by adjusting my calories down. Are you planning to eat at maintenance and then also eat back your exercise calories (true maintenance) or will you eat at maintenance and then exercise to put yourself back in a deficit?

@barbara—I saw that WI just to the north of us here in Northern IL is going to get walloped by some snow in the next few days. I’m not looking forward to snow, so I’m sorry for you if you’re in the storm's path.

AFM--got very little done while at starbucks today, but hoping to do a little bit more tonight. I'm just so tired from staying out past my bedtime last night. At least I don't have students for the next 2 days. Tomorrow is an institute day, so I won't have much time to do any grading, but tuesday will be a good day to go to the gym and then focus on getting caught up.

I made it to the gym yesterday and walked gunner today. I'm not including days when I just walk gunner in my november challenge.

November All-In:
    Under calorie goal: 7/9 days (goal is 27/30 days)
    Workout: 2/9 (goal is as much as possible)
    8k on Thanksgiving Day

Grading Goals:
    1. 6/66 AP journals
    2. 3/60 Thoreau essays
    3. 9/60 M1948 Vocab

Exercise Goals:
    Sun--walk gunner DONE
    Mon--walk gunner
    Tues--walk gunner + gym
    Wed--walk gunner
    Thurs--rest day P/T conferences
    Fri--walk gunner
    Sat--walk gunner + gym

• cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    Sunday Share
    I sit down to write here and am always a little surprised at what comes out.
    Am feeling a little apprehensive today. I have a couple of customers who are not totally happy with me. I know this happens, but never think it will happen to me. So of course I want to eat about it.

My name is Lori. I own a small interior design business that specializes in window treatments. I have been in business for 28 years this month. In a typical month I have between 20 and 30 customers. My sister and I do all the sewing ourselves. I do all the selling and installing. I also do all the paperwork with the exception of payroll taxes.

In June I got a new personal trainer and have been motivated like never before. The stars are truly aligning for me. I plan on doing my first Olympic length triathlon in July. Food is going well, fitness is going well. I now weigh about what I did when I delivered my youngest - 23 years ago. In my profile I said it is time to loose the baby fat and it has gone. I am now down a total of 81 pounds, 41 pounds of it since June 1st. This thread is a great motivator, comfort and reality check. Thank you all who share so much of yourselves.

@hansea47 -welcome back
    @Robin - A wholehearted thank you for the support, my success is truly in part because of this thread.
    @skinnyjeans - Had my last drink in 1985, I have no idea what I would do with all that alcohol
    @Niki - I too have heard about eat more to loose weight, I look forward to hearing more about it from someone who is going that route.
    @Teresa - 2 bites taste the same as 10 (an old WW adage)
    @Laurie - While swimming was my main form of exercise the last two years I am not fast at all. My "record" mile is 57 minutes. It makes me a little nervous thinking about the triathlon next July
    @Helenatrandom - I am with skinnyjeans on the walking. Slow and steady to avoid injury.
    @loselift - Welcome and come back often

Check in - Food 9/9, Fitness 9/9
    Love to all
    Lori <3
  • NK1112
    NK1112 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    @skinnyeans ... My plan is to eat up to maintenance but not eat back any activity calories. In October I had a 700 calorie cut and didn't eat back either ... so I was way under eating most of the time ... and on the days I did overeat I was still under maintenance.

Just want my body to quit fighting me on intake as it has been the past week.

@cblue .... I'm still researching what EM2LW is all about. IF I do go on it, everyone will be kept up on how it's going. My goal is to lose a lot of weight over the next year or two.