Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 953 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Top of the morning to everyone!

Laurie- I just give my list to Mrs. Claus, we did a little black friday shopping and I already got a new Galaxy S® 5. :D
    -
    Happy Annual Day of the Ninja
    December 5 - Annual Day of the Ninja
    Prepare for the Annual Day of the Ninja. Forget 'Talk Like a Pirate' Day. This will truly be our chance to show the world what ninja are made of.
    Every year, December 5th is the Day of the Ninja. Plague your co-workers with ninja-ness and wear a ninja mask to work! Got the day off? Run wild in the streets, or dress like a ninja at the mall! Just show the world that YOU ARE NINJA!
    We want you to help me take over the Internet on that day. LiveJournal posts about ninja. YouTube videos. Ninja links on all your websites. Photos of yourself wearing ninja outfits. Whatever. Go Ninja crazy.
    Most importantly, tell YOUR friends and get them aboard. The more ninja, the merrier. E-mail aeon @ ninjaburger.com to let me know you're aboard, and let me know what you plan to do to help celebrate the Annual Day of the Ninja.
    Special Note: There are several other websites and movements out there calling this "International Creep Like a Ninja Day" or "Sneak Like a Ninja Day". This site is not affiliated with them, but we support their efforts. Really, as long as we're all doing it on the same day (December 5), you can call it whatever you like.

“I would rather attempt something great and fail than attempt to do nothing and succeed.” ~Robert Schuller

Tom
  • NK1112
    NK1112 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Hello Friday to everyone.
    Challenge report ...
    Calories at or under goal ... 4/4
    all-in personal challenge ... got that trash and recycle bins filled to capacity and went out to say hello to the trash pick-up crew to watch with satisfaction as they dumped em.

Today on the list ... empty the utility room, wash the floor, put back stuff in their correct places. Another item on the list today is cook my own dinner ... trout with lemon sauce and cauliflower mash.
    Niki
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone. Overall I had a pretty good week. It is great having the hubby home and we have been spending a lot of time together. I got in two out of three of my workouts and 4 out of five of my walks so far so not to bad. The eating has been fairly decent. The only night I didnt stay in or very close to goal was on Wednesday. I was kinda munchy all day and then we went to the local pool hall that night and I had an amazing burger. Mine was nothing compared to the boys though for calories. The hubby, our son, and his best friend were doing the halls burger challenge that night. They had been joking about it for a long time and decided to go for it. It was insane. You had 27 minutes to eat 2 pounds of fries and a burger made with six quarter pound patties, 12 slices of cheese, and 8 pieces of bacon. It wasn then covered in nacho cheese sauce and placed between two buns. It was fun to watch them try and got some great pics but nope none of them made it. My son was the closest (the little piggy) with all the fires gone and down to a patty and half of burger left. needless to say hamburgers wont be on the menu for awhile, lol.

Robin I was very sorry to hear about your wallet. There are so many acts of kindness this time of year and then people have to go and do something like that and ruin it. I hope you aren't put out to much by it.
    Tom I love the santa suit. you look AWESOME!!!!!!

Well everyone try and have a great day and remember you are all just wonderful people.
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Rozie1019 Welcome - you joined just by posting - so there ya go! Well you've had quite a year and you are so busy! Where do you live - will time slow down after the first? Will you have more time to unpack your stuff? I hope you do so you can get to your crafts and do them in the time you have now to snack. I'm not crafty and wish I was.

Kah this is a follow up MRI right?

CBlue fantastic, the way you are excelling in your Gym's competition! I had done your tip about copying the cards before, but nope not the current ones, doh!

Tanya nice to see you back in the conversation, sorry December is going to be so busy at work for you, again the flip side is good!

Laurie good decision making!

skinny sorry about the migraine - that meeting over the union must have been 1 too many meetings for you!

grandmaKaye I'm curious - what are your headwraps like?

Thanks to all for your kind words and shared anger about my stolen wallet. I had some good news the next day. My bank said no one used the debit card. I called Walmart and the wallet was turned in - without the money of course. I went there and all the credit cards were gone but my drivers license was still there, stuck between receipts and un-noticed. It was nice to get it back - hooray!

In the last 2 days I walked (holding onto a shopping cart) - for 3 hours 1 day and 2 hours the next - the longest I have walked in a long time. I ached afterwards each nite but it was good for me. Tomorrow the pool.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

@robin--that's good news about at least getting your license back and that no one used your cards.

@tammy--you have a strong stomach to watch your guys do that challenge! My DH likes to watch Man vs. Food and I have a hard time watching--it grosses me out when he has to eat so many calories all at once. Glad you are enjoying having the hubs home though.

@niki--it's great that you are getting so much of your cleaning done. I can't wait until I'm on break in a few weeks so I can get some cleaning done around my house. Love your quilt idea. I don't save my own clothing, but my dog gets a kerchief every time he goes to the salon. I save all of them, and when he eventually passes, I will have them made into a quilt.

@tom--Love the ninja day!

@laurie--good for you for skipping the meeting to take care of yourself! I skipped the gym yesterday b/c of the migraine, but sleep was truly what my body needed.

@kaye--if closing your diary is what you need to do, then that's the right call. I sometimes am embarrassed about some of my choices, but I realized a long time ago that if I'm not honest in the food diary, then what's the point. I also am lucky that I think only about 2 people ever look at my diary--or if more are looking, they keep their judgments to themselves. :wink:

Friday Fitness:
    Well, I've had none since last Saturday, but at least I stayed under calories all week. That's a small miracle given how much junk my colleagues have brought into work--donuts, bagels, danish--just a ton of crap. I've managed to have some and make it work within my days, but it hasn't been easy.

Tomorrow I'm judging that speech competition most of the day. I think I'll be done by 3, so then I will head to the gym for a nice, long run.

December All-In:
    Under calorie goal: 5/5 days (goal is 28/31 days)
    Workout: 0/5 (goal is as much as possible)
    8k over Winter Break (not sure what day) in 56 minutes (Thanksgiving 8k was 56:49)

Grading Goals:
    1. 60/66 AP essays
    2. 18/66 AP Journals
    3. x/50 SL vocab
    4. x/60 SL Tests
    5. x/66 Tone tests

Exercise Goals:
    Sun--rest day
    Mon--walk gunner NOT DONE + gym NOT DONE
    Tues--(short meeting) may do something--depends upon grading
    Wed--rest day (late meeting)
    Thurs--walk gunner NOT DONE + gym NOT DONE
    Fri--rest day
    Sat--walk gunner + gym
  • hansea47
    hansea47 Posts: 353 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Robin- Sorry to hear the cash and credit cards were all gone, but good news that you got your wallet and drivers license back. At least you won't have to go through the cost and trial of obtaining a new one from the DMV! Also, great job getting out and getting moving!

Cblue- I love your mantra. I'll have to keep that one in mind, too.

Jtconst- That burger/fries eating contest and your description of the food actually made me gag a little. Hopefully everyone will be ready to eat burgers again by summer grilling season! :wink:

Skinny- Wow! Five hour nap...you obviously needed it! Now you'll be in better shape to tackle all that grading and can run another time.

Kaye- I've thought about closing my diary for the same reason, but haven't yet.

Laurie- I'm constantly trying to remind myself that I can't do/be it all- or at least, not all at once. :smile: Sometimes some things gotta give! Glad you were able to skip your meeting and get to the gym.

Nikki- What a creative idea for your old clothes! I hope when you do get that far and get your quilt made that you'll post a photo for us.

Rozie- Welcome! Glad you found the courage to share with us. Congratulations on your marriage!

AFM: Friday Fitness....I've been exercising daily with the fb challenge. They gave us the complete list of exercises for the 12 day challenge right up front so that people who wanted a greater challenge could do all 12 exercises daily if they wanted. I'm doing them as they come: Day One was 25 jumping jacks. Day Two was 25 jumping jacks and a 30 second plank. etc...
    Now that we're on Day Five, I had 25 jumping jacks, 30 second plank, 25 squats, 25 tricep dips and 25 burpees to do today. So glad I was up early and got them done BEFORE I went to work. It was really difficult for me...freakin' burpees... :persevere: If I had waited to do them tonight, it never would've happened because it was a long stressful day at work. I have to give credit to anyone who is doing the whole list daily...they'd have to be in some pretty good shape!

WATER: 84/496
    SALAD: 5/31
    EXERCISE: 5/31
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone. Sorry I've been MIA last couple of days, there is so much going on at work--being pulled into too many directions. Things should calm down in the next couple of weeks, at least until the audit starts in January. LOL

@Laurie~I don't think I mentioned the reason for the brain MRI yesterday. I've had vertigo and debilitating headaches off/on since I was a kid, but its been happening more often since August so my doctor wants for me to have some tests done and make sure everything is okay. The MRI results were normal. I have a couple of more appointments coming up in the next couple of weeks for other tests. What's interesting is I was talking to my Airrosti therapist that has been working on my Achilles and he thinks he may be able to help--which would be great! :smile:

@Robin~Yes, those KitchenAid mixers are very heavy! I'm so sorry that your wallet was stolen while you were out shopping :frowning:, I hope you have good banks to deal with so you aren't out too much for too long. Its such a frustrating process. No, not a repeat MRI--my doctor is trying to get to the bottom of an issue I've been having on/off for years that is becoming more prevalent.

I'm behind a little, but doing well so far with the December Challenge. No real cardio tomorrow--I forgot but our Christmas Party for work is tomorrow night, it should be an active evening though. We rented out one of those entertainment places that offer bowling, billiards, laser tag, karaoke, etc.--could be an interesting evening (maybe I'll people watch while drinking cosmos). LOL

December "all-in" Challenge:

Calories: 4/5
    Exercise: 4/5

Exercise Goals:

Sunday~Projects around house DONE!
    Monday~Trainer DONE!
    Tuesday~Cardio NOT DONE (had to work late)
    Wednesday~Trainer DONE!
    Thursday~None (MRI)
    Friday~None (Chiro)
    Saturday~None (work party)

Wow, looking at that schedule it was an abysmal week for cardio. :frowning:
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Hansea- I don't like Burpee's either, they are pure evil. I am thinking I should try your challenge especially on days when I have meetings after work.

Kelley- Good news that your MRI came back normal. I hope that your doctor can get to the root of the problem sooner rather than later. Vertigo is nasty dealt with it once or twice and did not enjoy it. Have fun at the Christmas party.

Robin-Glad you got your driver's license back and that your credit cards were not used. Hope you can get everything replaced quickly.

Karen- I believe our bodies have ways of telling us what we need to do to take care of them. The key is to listen. You are right your body most likely needed the sleep.

Kaye- Don't worry about closing your diary. I stopped closing out each day years ago. I was tired of seeing the project weight loss and then it did not happen.

JT- In Annapolis we have a deli with a challenge similar to the one you mention only difference is it comes with a 6 pound milkshake (I believe) and the burger is either 1 or 2 pounds. The container for the shake is huge and you need a ladle to scoop it out.

Happy Friday. I hope everyone has a great weekend. I am off to bed so I can get up and swim in the morning. Hopefully, my arms and legs will allow me to swim tomorrow. They are already sore from yesterday's workout and climbing tonight.

• NK1112
    Options
    Good night everyone ... yes, it's 11:30 here where I am ... and I decided to report tonight instead of waiting for the morning as I have a busy day tomorrow to finish the utility room cleanup that I started today. I ran out of steam. But I did get that fish dinner I planned on.

Calories at or under goal 5/5 .... it's so much easier to hit the goal with calories to spare since I'm still eating at just a small cut from my maintenance calories. I'm really looking forward to Monday morning weigh-in to see where I stand.

Robin ... so good that you were able to walk, even with a cart and then having to rest it up ... that movement is so much a help to moving the 'juices' throughout your being.

Skinny ... I love the idea of a quilt from the doggie scarves. My Buster Browns vet used to tie one on him after his visits also. Buster wore them out, he loved them so much.

I wanted to ask everyone ... is it ok to send a message to the newbies who posted and asked to join in but didn't come back? I was just thinking that they might be waiting for a message of some sort like when you try to join a group.
    G night.
    Niki
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Robin, the head wraps are knit about 7 inches wide. They fit snuggle around the head to keep the ears warm. One has a mock cable design and a big button on the side of the forehead. The other two are a ribbed design and cross in the front so it has the look of a scarf or something being wrapped around the head.
    Today I did a little bit of walking and did well. I had some errands to run in town so I just parked and walked to each destination. It was several blocks. I guess the advantage of the pedaler right now is that I am getting lots of gifts made while I pedal.
    I'm still 5/5 on calories and exercise, but fell off on the water today.
    Have a fun weekend. Onward and downward. Kaye
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Good morning all. Found I had time to write as well as check in today.
    Frustrating days are these. My famiy is being lazy, no one is helping with chores. They are all adults, you would think that it would occur to them that since they live here too they should help. So I posted a very large sign on each bedroom door with the list of chores each has to do before Sunday evening.
    Work is crazy busy, not sure all will get done before Christmas, I may have to sacrifice a few things for some people. However one customer called yesterday and told me to defer her large project until the end of January. Bless her I could have kissed her through the phone.
    All the crafty thoughts have inspired me. I bought a large ball of cotton yarn and am making washcloths to tie on top of the packages for Christmas. All I will have time to do. I have not had time to knit a sweater for the last few years.

December Challenge: Food 5/5, Fitness 5/5, Water 5/5
    67201008.png

Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day-in and day-out. ~Robert Collier
  • NK1112
    Options
    I'm a very long way off from maintenance level ... 70 pounds ... but I wanted to record this post I made today on the thread "What are you doing during weight loss to prevent future relapse"

OP, your #5 is something I'm doing along the way to my goal. Some other good points, not only for losing weight but maintaining a weight loss are ... (that I got from other posters to that thread) ...
    ... OPs #5 - Practice maintenance along the way
    ... it's a lifestyle change
    ... live, laugh, learn & log
    ... have a buffer ... but I'll add ... lose 3kg below your goal and keep your weight within that and your goal.
    ... eat nutrient dense foods, limit overly processed ones, tweak as necessary, stay active
    ... learn to indulge a bit within your limits
    ... keep a support network
    ... never say "it won't happen to me" about regaining ... be mindful.
    ... fall in love with the 'new me'
    ... make changes you can keep ... again, it's a lifestyle change that goes on forever.

Happy Saturday ... hope everyone has lots of successes they are happy over.
    Niki
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 953 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Good morning everyone.

Happy St Nicholas' Day in United States
    Quick Facts
    Some churches in the United States recognize St Nicholas' Day as a feast day.
    St Nicholas' Day 2014
    Saturday, December 6, 2014

St Nicholas' Day is an observance of European origin that is celebrated in some American communities on December 6.
    Celebrate St Nicholas' Day
    Children in families who celebrate St Nicholas' Day receive treats - including candy, cookies, small toys, or fruit - in stockings, socks, shoes or bags on December 6. Some churches have special services dedicated to the feast of St Nicholas on this day.
    Public life
    St Nicholas' Day is an observance and not a federal public holiday in the US.
    About St Nicholas' Day
    The legendary figure of St. Nicholas is derived from Nicholas of Myra who officiated as a bishop in 4th century Greece. During his lifetime he developed a reputation for gift-giving by putting coins into other people's shoes, which accounts for many of today's Christmas traditions that involve leaving gifts in shoes or boots.
    Some Europeans who immigrated to the United States brought with them beliefs, customs and practices associated with St Nicholas' Day. It has been recorded that celebrations associated with the observance took place in cities such as New York in the early 1800s.
    About St Nicholas' Day in other countries
    Read more about St Nicholas' Day.
    St. Nicholas of Myra is a popular Christian Saint among children across Europe because of his reputation as a bringer of gifts. Both the North American Santa Claus and the British Father Christmas are legendary figures whose attributes derive from the myths surrounding St. Nicholas.

What do people do?
    St. Nicholas Day is a popular occasion for children in many parts of Europe because children usually receive gifts on this day. Some European cities such as Bari, Italy recognize St. Nicholas as the patron saint and celebrate with different activities such as gift-giving, parades, feasts and festivals.
    St. Nicholas is referred to by many names throughout Europe such as Sinterklaas in the Netherlands or Nikolaus in Germany. In the days leading up to December 6, children throughout Europe put their shoes or a special St. Nicholas boot in front of the fireplace or the front door at night to find them filled with small presents the next morning. A larger amount of gifts is usually brought on the eve of St. Nicholas Day or December 5.
    Public life
    St. Nicholas Day is a religious observance but not a nationwide public holiday in countries such as Australia, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the United States.
    Background
    Having inspired both the figure of the North American Santa Claus and the British Father Christmas, St. Nicholas has in some countries been more recently joined on his visits to children's homes by an evil companion who punishes the naughty ones: in Austria, Hungary, the Czech Republic and northern Italy, this personification of evil is called Krampus, in Germany Knecht Ruprecht, and in the Netherlands Zwarte Piet.

“Be not afraid of growing slowly, be afraid only of standing still.” ~Chinese Proverb

Tom
  • hansea47
    hansea47 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Tom- Nice new pic, St Nick!

I put a fun size bag of M&M's and new socks in each kid's stockings last night. Then my husband and I sat down to watch tv, and each ate a fun size bag of M&M's and a diet coke. My husband left his empty coke can and his M&M bag out when he went to bed. The kids woke up early and were thrilled to find that St Nicholas had come and that he must've stayed and ate candy and drank soda in our livingroom!! LOL

In case anyone is interested in doing the 12 Days of Fitness exercises:
    Day 1- 25 Jolly Jumping Jacks
    2- 30 Second Plank
    3- 25 Snowball Squats
    4- 25 Ring the Bell Tricep Dips
    5- 25 Angel Burpees
    6- 25 Christmas Tree Lunges
    7- 25 Santa Sit-ups
    8- 30 Second Winter Wonderland Wall Sit
    9- 25 Jolly High Knees
    10- 30 Second Merry Side Plank
    11- 25 Candy Cane Calf Raises
    12- 25 Rudolph Push-ups

You could do one exercise each day, or do all the exercises for twelve days, or you could add one exercise each day until you are doing all twelve by the 12th day. I am up to Day 6, and I did exercises 1-6 with my daughter (age 7). After we finished the burpees, we were both panting and I said, "Those are hard. Good job!" My daughter replied, "Yeah. They are hard. Well, for you they are anyway." Nice. :disagree:

Saturday Success: I took the kids to church for the cookie/candy sale, bought almost 2 lbs of cookies/candies and DID NOT dive into them as soon as we got home. They sealed and tucked away in the cabinet. Planning on making them last as long as possible!
  • lleecc
    lleecc Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Saturday NSV - I run the concession stand for my boys' high school basketball team and we had a 3 day tournament this week. I did not eat any candy bars, muffins, popcorn, chips or soda! I did eat a few Bush's Chicken Tender Rolls, but I logged them in. I am very proud of myself for resisting temptation!

Y'all enjoy the rest of your weekend - Laura (lleecc)
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @laura--great job keeping clear of the concession foods. I was at a speech tournament today and they had all sorts of baked goods. I did snack on some, but also logged what I ate.

@hansea--that's cute about the m&m's and diet coke. And your daughter sounds so cute!

Saturday Success:
    Well, I spent most of the day at the tournament, but at least I got through the bulk of the SL vocab. I plan to grade some more tonight.

Got home about 4 and changed to walk gunner and head to the gym. I went for a short run--3 miles in 33 minutes.

Tomorrow and friend and I are going to spend the day grading together again. We may take the train into the city for a change of venue.

December All-In:
    Under calorie goal: 6/6 days (goal is 28/31 days)
    Workout: 1/6 (goal is as much as possible)
    8k over Winter Break (not sure what day) in 56 minutes (Thanksgiving 8k was 56:49)

Grading Goals:
    1. 60/66 AP essays
    2. 18/66 AP Journals
    3. 35/50 SL vocab
    4. x/60 SL Tests
    5. x/66 Tone tests
    6. x/66 Grendel Tests

Exercise Goals:
    Sun--rest day
    Mon--walk gunner NOT DONE + gym NOT DONE
    Tues--(short meeting) may do something--depends upon grading
    Wed--rest day (late meeting)
    Thurs--walk gunner NOT DONE + gym NOT DONE
    Fri--rest day
    Sat--walk gunner DONE + gym DONE

• Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    A wonderful Saturday even through it rained all day. I did manage to swim this morning and I skipped the swim meet tonight. I think I mentioned that this week was a blah type of week and this swim meet did not have the same appeal as the first one. At swim today, I managed to swim 500 yds of freestyle straight, which is a record for me. I decided that I needed to see if I could do it and how long it would take. I did it in about 20 minutes. Next time, I will try for 600 straight and eventually move up to 800 in prep for the first triathlon.

This afternoon, I made the first batch of Christmas cookies and will find time to make more in the next couple of weeks. Today, was chocolate chip still to come: gingerbread, sugar, peanut butter, peppermint and oatmeal raisons. Tonight, I decorated two of our Christmas gardens. The top of the stereo and a table in the kitchen. The kitchen contains Santa's and Snowmen. The stereo is a little village with house and figurine's of different sizes.

I still have one batch of papers left to grade this weekend. Tomorrow, I am planning on going to the gym and decorating the outside trees. Plus I have a party to attend but maybe I will get a another batch of cookies made. Yes, I am planning on giving some of the cookies away.

ysbltzrzvoy7.jpg
    fekin4yckz3c.jpg

Hope everyone has a great Sunday. Hansea, thanks for posting the fitness challenge. I will need to try to it.
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Skinny So glad you got the rest...and saving Gunner's kerchiefs for a quilt will make such a warm and meaningful memory someday. Amazing that you could keep your calories in line with all those school treats around.
    Hansea I see you're hitting all 3 goals quite well. Anything new with your salads? Your FB challenge - omg - burpees - good for you for getting them done in the am before work! Your St. Nick story is SO cute!
    KahKelly - I'm so glad your MRI was normal but I'm betting you have tons more of tests to go....vision, hearing, etc. I'm sorry the problem is getting worse.
    Tonight you're partying - not to into Karaoke, huh? But I hear you can burn lots of calories that way! Fa la la la la! :o
    Laurie the deli food challenge you described to JT sounds horrible - I can't imagine anyone drinking a 6 lb milkshake - ooogh! ;) Glad you got your swim in - 20 min for a 500 sounds good. Your cookie baking description makes me smell them - oh, no, wait, thats my candle! I love the scents these candles come in.... Nice pix - great scenes, do you add figurines every year?
    NK Niki - you sure had a busy Friday - hope you keep up your eviable cleaning - so impressive! About your question - that would be so nice of you to send a PM (personal message) to any newcomer you feel like it! I try to do the same when I have the time, just to make each one feel welcome - but sometimes I lag on these efforts! Please, do what your heart tells you to do - thats how friends are make here and what is at the pulse of this conversation and binds people together! You have a big heart {{{HUGS!}}}}}
    Niki - your second post was also very helpful. I have re-gained weight more than once and its because I did not have measures of prevention in place. thanks for the reminders.
    GrandmaKaye I do understand your headwraps now. I have one in fleece. They are warm, altho I prefer a cap, as my whole head gets cold. (even in the house, haha!) So glad your pedaler has kept you going, and now you're back walking the streets.....oh my, I said that all wrong...
    CBlue Lori - way to go posting chores on everyone's doors - darn straight they can help! Getting lazy won't work with you...And what a nice customer, the one who delayed her order til January. (she's probably spent her drapery money on gifts!)
    I notice all 3 of your Dec.Challenges: food, fitness and water are all great WOOT!
    Morgori Tom - are you getting skinnier - you sure look it in your Santa suit! And thank you for the memory of St Nicks Day - it was celebrated by many families in my neighborhood when I was young. Boy, to those kids it was bigger than Christmas Day.
    lleecc Laura - running a concession stand for a high school bball team puts you in an area of victory - after a few long hard hours of temptation = you did so well! NSV well earned!!!

AFM: Good day - got to the pool and dangled from the noodle for 35 minutes. I don't know what's wrong with me (well I do, but ...) but I stress out before going because I have to walk thru the halls, and I just hate that., but I got to the pool, unlocked the door, and once inside I had it all to myself. I love that feeling! I didn't just dangle either, I also did bicycle movements and circled around the deep end. My legs are tired tonight.
    Laurie's pix make me want to take one and share my Christmas tree with y'all. Tomorrow maybe.
    Christmas challenge: Exercise 3/6
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    What a relief! I thought that today would be over calories for sure, but I kind of broke even. We had family over for a pre-football game dinner with lots of good food. That on top of our traditional waffle breakfast, and some Christmas baking, seemed like a recipe for disaster. I usually try to use less than half of my exercise calories, but I used them all. I rode the pedaler for an hour. I did better with water today.
    Food 6/6. Exercise 6/6. Water 5/6.
    Onward and downward. Kaye
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Good Morning and Happy Sunday!

Christmas Party for work last night was a blast, although I drank WAY too many cosmos! Too be honest I think I lost count. :flushed: The food was decent, I just had a few bites of a few things, but had a good portion of the beef tenderloin and two pieces of the cheesecake petit fours. Everyone was way more laid back at this venue then when we have this party as a formal banquet--even saw my boss drinking beer (I've never seen him drink alcohol before). Bowling was a blast, even tho we all sucked! LOL It was just fun to kick-back, have some drinks and laugh with some of my close friends at work.

@Robin~Thanks, yep--full work-up with a cardiologist this week. I don't think anyone did the karaoke last night, but just about everyone bowled and played pool and there were some very cool interactive video games. :smile:

@Tom~As always, love your Santa suit pic!

@Hansea (Amanda)~Cool challenge for the 12 days of Christmas

@Laurie~Great Christmas pics. I'm planning on doing some Christmas decorating around here today--hope to get the tree in my front yard done this afternoon.

AFM~I pondered over a decision this week, as a close friend has really been struggling with his weight loss lately too. So yesterday I returned to Weight Watchers--I felt like I (and he) really needed the accountability (he hadn't been in two months and hasn't made much progress in the last year). We both lost so much weight together, that it feels good to have him by my side again (more of why I made the decision). We are super close (more like brother/sister than friends). I had hoped to not count points but do their "simply filling" technique instead but I don't eat fat-free foods--just unhealthy in my opinion. I'll still be active on this thread tho, as you all have been a great support and are a big part of my life now. :heart: I just won't be tracking calories/exercise here. WW worked for me before, so I hope I can have success with it again.