Does anyone HATE water as much as i do?

Options
I can't stand drinking just regular water. I like lemons in it, but that is counter productive as lemons are a dietetic. I like putting in water flavor things like mio...usually and iced tea flavor...again dietetic. I don't drink enough of anything period and my fav thing to consume is coffee. So now i duno what to do. I have to get more in, but do i just period get more in or try and suffer through regular water consumption.

Replies

• Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I really don't understand why people "hate" water. Naturally, that is what we should be drinking...

However, try drinking it cold. I know a lot of people who hate drinking lukewarm water...
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Why is adding lemon a poor choice? I always add a splash of lemon to my water. One of the only ways I'll actually want to drink it.
  • deadbeatsummer
    deadbeatsummer Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I also struggle with water consumption. I was brought up on a robinsons squash diet and have always hated water. I do try but I get about 1 glass a day at best. Other than that I drink 1 or two cans of diet coke and thatll be it. I have an extra glass when I workout.

I really should try more to like it but it is difficult.

There's nothing wrong with putting lemon in water. Just do what you need to do to drink water.

Also:
    Do you also hate oxygen?

^This is unhelpful and pathetic and was added by jtarmst before she quite rightly edited it out..
  • katysmelly
    katysmelly Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Lots of people hate the taste of plain water. There have been threads on this, before. I will warn you now that you'll be getting replies from people who won't understand what you're saying.

Here's the thing: there is no reason on Earth you should feel like you must drink plain water. No reason at all.

1. Other things diluted in water don't make water less hydrating. Even caffeine doesn't make water less hydrating. The idea that coffee and tea will dehydrate you is an outdated myth: you will net a gain in fluid if you drink Coke, tea, or coffee.

2. The idea that you have to drink 64oz of water a day is a myth. If you drink beverages when you feel thirsty, you will be fine. The only time people need to think about consciously drinking more water is when they're in extreme situations, like hiking in the desert or something.

Just drink something low in sugar when you are thirsty and don't worry about it.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    di·e·tet·ic (d-ttk)
    adj.
    1. Of or relating to diet.
    2. Of or being a food that, naturally or through processing, has a low caloric content.
    (http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/dietetic)

wouldn't that make it a good thing?

Perhaps you meant diuretic? (Caffeine in coffee is mildly diuretic too) While lemon juice is very mildly diuretic adding a bit to water for flavouring still tilts the scales in your favour.(ie you're taking in more water that the juice will have your body shed)

You just need to make a decision.Set aside your distaste in favour of good health or keep on your current path (it may surprise you to know that you can get most of the fluids your body needs through food)
  • keychick25
    keychick25 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Lots of people hate the taste of plain water. There have been threads on this, before. I will warn you now that you'll be getting replies from people who won't understand what you're saying.

Here's the thing: there is no reason on Earth you should feel like you must drink plain water. No reason at all.

1. Other things diluted in water don't make water less hydrating. Even caffeine doesn't make water less hydrating. The idea that coffee and tea will dehydrate you is an outdated myth: you will net a gain in fluid if you drink Coke, tea, or coffee.

2. The idea that you have to drink 64oz of water a day is a myth. If you drink beverages when you feel thirsty, you will be fine. The only time people need to think about consciously drinking more water is when they're in extreme situations, like hiking in the desert or something.

Just drink something low in sugar when you are thirsty and don't worry about it.

BEST post about water ever!
  • johnderrilll
    Options
    im going to drink water like its my job and ill tell you how good i do on my diet.
  • dittmarml
    dittmarml Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Lemon or lime in water increase kidney function but not so much that they have a "net" diuretic effect if you're adding to a large glass of water. It'll just help flush your system.

You can also drink herbal tea if you're worried about the caffeine.

Best indicator is urine color as has been pointed out - that, and if you feel shaky or get headaches that are remedied by water intake - those are pretty good indications you're not keeping enough fluid moving in your system.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    di·e·tet·ic (d-ttk)
    adj.
    2. Of or being a food that, naturally or through processing, has a low caloric content.

Perhaps you meant diuretic? (Caffeine in coffee is mildly diuretic too) While lemon juice is very mildly diuretic adding a bit to water for flavouring still tilts the scales in your favour.(ie you're taking in more water that the juice will have your body shed)

You just need to make a decision.Set aside your distaste in favour of good health or keep on your current path (it may surprise you to know that you can get most of the fluids your body needs through food)

Realistically, water is a diuretic. Anything that makes you pee is diuretic. I don't think it's at all worth worrying about it. As Brian says, there's no compulsion to drink water. You can lose weight drinking other things - just be sure to keep it all within your calorie limit.
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    I used to! Then I just forced myself to drink it and i like it now. Tap water is vastly improved with lemon or lime. VASTLY.

My skin is better, I'm feeling better and I swear I'm loosing better.
  • Casaria
    Casaria Posts: 37
    Options
    di·e·tet·ic (d-ttk)
    adj.

sorry was dealing with drama while trying to write this and didn't go back to edit.
  • Doozer1978
    Doozer1978 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Best place to drink water is the kitchen. Whilst you are cooking every time you want to pick have a gulp of ice cold water. I don't treat it like a refreshing drink but an anti nibble strategy. I polish off three pints a day just by standing in the kitchen and nibble much much less!!!!!!!
  • lsapphire
    lsapphire Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    i have a really hard time drinking water, and adding something makes me get bored to easy. I add crystal light or sugar free but mix it weak and change it often so i don't get bored and it is working better for me.:drinker:
  • nataliexxxx
    Options
    I like water but I REALLY HATE tap water, I cant drink it its horrible
  • sdoro
    sdoro Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I used to hate water as well, but my boyfriends family drinks it at every meal. They never drink anything but water. I've learned to love it, and the more I drink it the more you realize you yearn for it.

You can try Crystal Light packets, I drink at least one everyday! I love the lemonade, or raspberry lemonade.

Also if you've heard of Arbonne it's an all natural company and they have things called Fizzy Tabs, you put with water and it gives you energy, and a good taste!!

Lemon is good in water, check out this website I saw on pinterest to explain...

http://amy-newnostalgia.blogspot.com/2011/10/5-reasons-to-drink-lemon-water-in.html
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    I can't stand drinking just regular water. I like lemons in it, but that is counter productive as lemons are a dietetic. I like putting in water flavor things like mio...usually and iced tea flavor...again dietetic.
    Dietetic?

If you're worried about lemon juice in water being DIURETIC to anything other than an irrelevantly theoretically amount, it's not. Nor is tea. Just drink the water with lemon juice in. Or diet coke if you really can't drink anything sensible.

The main thing is, not to try quenching your thirst with really stupid stuff like brandy, okay? Get healthy, get some better eating habits, get some exercise THEN start worrying about whether a tiny little bit of lemon juice might make you piss 3mm more urine a week...
  • spicypepper
    spicypepper Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    3 words - Liquid.Water.Enhancer
  • TXGirl821
    TXGirl821 Posts: 115
    Options
    If you hate the taste of tap water, buy a filter for your faucet. Brita makes a lot of good ones, even pitchers you can put in the fridge. I absolutely adore water and have no issues drinking it at all, but we have the filtered water dispenser in our fridge, so that does help that it's cold and fresh. :)
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options

Also:
    Do you also hate oxygen?

^This is unhelpful and pathetic and was added by jtarmst before she quite rightly edited it out..

:laugh: Lol. Thanks for pointing it out, as though it wasn't petty of you to do so as well. At least I realized I was being a *****.
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Not a huge fan of water but I love the benefits of drinking plenty of water.