Does anyone HATE water as much as i do?

Options

Replies

• 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Lots of people hate the taste of plain water. There have been threads on this, before. I will warn you now that you'll be getting replies from people who won't understand what you're saying.

Here's the thing: there is no reason on Earth you should feel like you must drink plain water. No reason at all.

1. Other things diluted in water don't make water less hydrating. Even caffeine doesn't make water less hydrating. The idea that coffee and tea will dehydrate you is an outdated myth: you will net a gain in fluid if you drink Coke, tea, or coffee.

2. The idea that you have to drink 64oz of water a day is a myth. If you drink beverages when you feel thirsty, you will be fine. The only time people need to think about consciously drinking more water is when they're in extreme situations, like hiking in the desert or something.

Just drink something low in sugar when you are thirsty and don't worry about it.

Thank you ;-) My sentiments exactly. I hate water - don't know why, but I just do.
  • ryansgram
    ryansgram Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I hate water too. I try to drink a little each day with a little crystal light for flavor. I just can't drink it plain.
  • ARDuBaie
    ARDuBaie Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    My coworker hates water. Never drinks it. I got her making lemonade in stead of having diet coke all the time. She doesn't add sugar to it, just lemons. You may want to try that. Lemonade is a good cleanser for the system.
  • SusieSonshine
    SusieSonshine Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Pure water is extremely important to the health of our bodies and adding some lemon, lime, orange, cucumber, or anything similar to the aforementioned, to make it more palatable is perfectly fine! Water helps to flush the toxins out of our system. I HATE water that doesn't taste good to me, so I prefer to stop by my local Starbucks and fill up my Venti or Trenta sized cup with their triple filtered water, which is free, I might add! I drink between 4-6 of these cups of water per day. Honestly, water is my favorite drink, but ONLY if it's good tasting water! As a student of kinesiology and nutrition, the importance of water cannot be stressed enough. And adding a bit of citrus juice to H2O is one of the ingredients in the recipe for a natural electrolyte replacement drink instead of the horrid commercial products on the market such as G****ade. Football, basketball, tennis matches have been lost or won because of hydration or the lack thereof.

All the best on your journey!
  • thistimeismytime
    thistimeismytime Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I used to hate water, but now I not only love it, I CRAVE it. Your taste buds are capable of change, and if you just DO IT for a week or two, you may find that your taste changes. I'm actually a total water-snob now, though. I can't stand the taste of plain tap water--it HAS to be filtered or I will not drink it. :ohwell: Drinking a lot of water isn't necessary to lose weight, but it seems like the most healthy and natural beverage choice since our bodies are primarily composed of the stuff.
  • yourenotmine
    yourenotmine Posts: 645 Member
    Options

Also:
    Do you also hate oxygen?

^This is unhelpful and pathetic and was added by jtarmst before she quite rightly edited it out..

Wow, this was kinda snarky... Don't you think she edited so that she WOULDN'T be saying something that could come across as rude?
  • Feisty_Red
    Feisty_Red Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    might suggest(sorry if this was already mentioned) putting like cantelope/melon pieces in the water.. gives it a nice flavor :)

You gotta drink yer water!! :)
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    I hate it too. I use those Crystal Light packets in all of my water. But there are people on here who will scold you for using those, as they have aspartame, which is the devil, obviously. All I know is that I have far fewer kidney stones (none at all, actually) since I've started drinking those. So...it's better than soda, for me at least.
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    I love water, I work in a warehouse so I have to drink a lot of water to stay hydrated so I don't pass out. Drinking it has never had an issue. :)
  • SkinnyChemicals
    Options
    Pure water is extremely important to the health of our bodies.

Can you give some proof towards that?
  • PixiePickle
    PixiePickle Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I buy a 2 ltr bottle of sparkling water on my way to work. I'm actually fine with water anyway, I've just been getting the sparkling stuff in an effort to wean myself off of diet coke.
    Having the bottle on my desk means that I drink more because I don't have to take a break from my work to go and get a small cup from the cooler.
    Maybe you should set yourself goals so that you build up a routine, like, 1 small cup every hour or having a glass of water (with cordial if you just hate plain water) that you must finish every time that you eat??
    :drinker:
  • codapea
    codapea Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Maybe you could try making some iced herbal tea. Decaf and lots of fruity flavors are out there. I really love Cascade Ice flavored sparkling water, (not the zero cal artificially sweetened kind of Cascade Ice). But I don't know if carbonated water is as hydrating, maybe someone on here will know. It doesn't really quench my thirst like a super chilled bottle of water, straight from the freezer, so cold you have to squeeze it to crack the thin layer of ice inside. That is irresistible.
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I hate water more than the Wicked Witch of the West, but I've noticed that if it's really cold and has a few drops of Mio in it, I can enjoy it!

Or I use my sodastream to carbonate it. Carbonation isn't bad! It's what's in the drinks that are bad, so carbonated water is fine :)
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Most beverages are around 95-99% water, so you don't have to drink pure water at all to stay hydrated.

Not all water tastes the same. I grew up in Scotland where the water was very soft and tasted delicious cold out of the tap.

I lived in London for 10 yrs where the water is extremely hard and I needed to filter it before I could drink it and even then it was only bearable when chilled so I stopped drinking it.

I drink water at work which is quite soft and filtered. At home I sometimes drink bottled water but mostly Dr Pepper Zero :drinker:
  • codapea
    codapea Posts: 182 Member
    Options

Or I use my sodastream to carbonate it. Carbonation isn't bad! It's what's in the drinks that are bad, so carbonated water is fine :)

Good to know, because I drink a lot of sparkling water!
  • Bittersweet82
    Options
    try adding a few slices of lemon and strawberries to your water. That's what I do...it tastes like a starburst :) YUM!!!!
  • Casaria
    Casaria Posts: 37
    Options
    I used to hate water as well, but my boyfriends family drinks it at every meal. They never drink anything but water. I've learned to love it, and the more I drink it the more you realize you yearn for it.

You can try Crystal Light packets, I drink at least one everyday! I love the lemonade, or raspberry lemonade.

Also if you've heard of Arbonne it's an all natural company and they have things called Fizzy Tabs, you put with water and it gives you energy, and a good taste!!

Lemon is good in water, check out this website I saw on pinterest to explain...

http://amy-newnostalgia.blogspot.com/2011/10/5-reasons-to-drink-lemon-water-in.html

My sister's friend sells it and my sister has tried the fizzies...she doesn't like them. My sister likes water....so if she adds something to it she doesn't like, usually i wont like it either
  • Casaria
    Casaria Posts: 37
    Options
    I over fill a 32oz nalgene bottle with water and try my best to finish the bottle at least once. I never can make it through with just water, i tend to have to put something in it. I give it a half life of a while too. At work drank most of the water...plane...refilled and put in peach tea mio, then still had some left the next day and added ice in it to fill the bottle to drink while working out...except i don't tend to stop to drink anything while on the treadmill. So the ice melted but drank some on the way back to my apartment and while waiting for a bus because i was headed to my sisters. I stopped at Elevation burger for lunch and was down half the bottle and i filled it with ice again to drink while i ate....i finished it while at my sisters because i was spending a few hours cleaning her house and walking the dogs. So i guess i don't really know exactly how much i drank, but it was more then i would have if i didn't have the mio in there.
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options

Good to know, because I drink a lot of sparkling water!

It makes sense! We exhale carbon dioxde, and if we burp it up, we're still okay!
  • srslycolette
    srslycolette Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I used to Neverrrr drink water. It had no flavor, and I just really didn't drink enough liquids at all.
    I made up my mind to be more hydrated and to cut out sodas and sugar drinks... Took a few weeks to remember to drink enough water for the day, but after I find that I CRAAAVE water. Now if I drink a soda or anything, I feel kinda sluggish and like I need more water to flush it out. I don't know if it works for everyone, but I think just getting over that "hydration hump" water really does grow on you.