Does anyone HATE water as much as i do?

Options

Replies

• MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I can't stand drinking just regular water. I like lemons in it, but that is counter productive as lemons are a dietetic. I like putting in water flavor things like mio...usually and iced tea flavor...again dietetic. I don't drink enough of anything period and my fav thing to consume is coffee. So now i duno what to do. I have to get more in, but do i just period get more in or try and suffer through regular water consumption.

Guilty as charged. Hate water. At least I used to. Now I guess I'm on the tolerate/sorta like side of things. I had to force myself to drink more. First I would put all my water for the day on top of my desk within arms reach. There'd be 4-5 20oz bottles up there or 2 two liters. I got used to it. Now I drink all the time at a rate of a gallon or more each day. I have a gallon bottle next to me at home as I type this and I have another one at work next to my desk. There's 3 more in my trunk.

You get used to it. Like it......wellllllllll I dunno. But I don't mind drinking it at anymore. So much so that at restaurants waitresses start bringing me gigantic glasses or just set a pitcher down on the table. So drink up! It gets better.

Now my only problem is that I have the bladder of an 8 year old girl.

Why do you have to call out little girls? Do you know that kind of attitude causes children to hold their bladders and not raise their hands to go to the bathroom, and then end up with bladder infections? DO you know what happens then? Then they have to go on antibiotics, and some of them eng up getting white spots on their teeth. Do you even know how many problems antibiotics can cause??? I have these spots on my teeth, and now I have to cover my mouth when I smile because I am embarrassed about my teeth. Why don't you pick on someone your own size????
  • Dame_Venus
    Options
    I struggle with drinking water. I still don't get the recommended 8 glasses a day but I did stop buying juice and soda that way instead of having soda with my meals I will have water.

It's really hard me to get over 32oz though.

It's a process. :/

I understand you.
  • b1g_tun4
    b1g_tun4 Posts: 48
    Options
    When I cut out artificial sweeteners and sugary drinks...it only leaves black coffee, unsweet tea, and water. I found Topo Chico mineral water. It is my beverage of choice. It is light, refreshing, and just breaks up the boredom of drinking plain water all the time.

I try not to focus on drinking it for taste. I am drinking it for hydration. I can enjoy a tasty beverage once per week but mostly drink for hydration purposes.
  • shaleasymphony
    shaleasymphony Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    i dread drinking straight water sometimes, especially because i try to drink 2 cups before i eat a meal, so i dont eat as much. but try drinking it really cold. also drink it with a straw. i find you drink it quicker :)
  • kvalmera
    kvalmera Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    The idea that coffee and tea will dehydrate you is an outdated myth: you will net a gain in fluid if you drink Coke, tea, or coffee.

THIS!!! Let me explain something about this statement. I hate water, literally hate drinking it so I add crystal light (strawberry) to be exact cause the rest cause indigestion. But, diet coke is my main source of liquid. I (and I kid you not) drink a 6 pack of diet cokes a day. When I went to my annual check up for work, the nurse said "you must drink a lot of water because you are very hydrated" I told her nope, cant stand the stuff, I drink diet coke...and she said "well it works just as well"

Apparently when I had my TB test the "bubble" was very puffy she said which it does that in a very well hydrated person. And my doctor also said although water is better for other reasons, my diet cokes do not cause dehydration.
  • SetecAstronomy
    SetecAstronomy Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Jim Gaffigan on Bottled Water

When they first introduced bottled water, I thought it was so funny. I was like, “Bottled water! Ha ha, they’re selling bottled water! I guess I’ll try it… Ahh… this is good. This is more watery than water. Yeah, this has got a water kick to it.”

This must be H-THREE-oh...
  • bribelle05
    Options
    Lol I add lemons or crystal light to my water :) I hate well water with a passion!
  • PanaMericann
    PanaMericann Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I tried a 30 day water challenge (Only drinking water for 30 days, with the ONLY exception of milk, as long as it's with cereal only). It not only hydrated me and kept me healthy, but I learned to love and even crave, yes, water. Although it was harder getting in the nutrients I needed only drinking water, it was worth it.

Oh and for the post bashing on someone for saying "I have the bladder of a little girl" Calm down. They meant in no way what you were implying. You took things to that level.
  • lback89
    lback89 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I hated water but then I bought a water bottle that had a filter in it from Camelbak. I carry it everywhere and drink 3 or 4 a day. I also bought an infusion pitcher, and keep it in the fridge. I use lemons, strawberries, or sometimes cucumbers in it. It works great, and I am drinking SO much more water.

This is the pitcher I have. Cheap, and useful!

http://www.target.com/p/fruit-infusion-pitcher/-/A-11209652?ref=tgt_adv_XSG10001&AFID=Google_PLA_df&LNM=|11209652&CPNG=kitchen&ci_sku=11209652&ci_gpa=pla&ci_kw=
  • MoreBean13
    Options
    I tried a 30 day water challenge (Only drinking water for 30 days, with the ONLY exception of milk, as long as it's with cereal only). It not only hydrated me and kept me healthy, but I learned to love and even crave, yes, water. Although it was harder getting in the nutrients I needed only drinking water, it was worth it.

Oh and for the post bashing on someone for saying "I have the bladder of a little girl" Calm down. They meant in no way what you were implying. You took things to that level.
    Bladder control is serious. Maybe if you were a little girl once you would understand. What he said was hateful, and I won't stand for discriminatory hate smearing on these forums.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

Bladder control is serious. Maybe if you were a little girl once you would understand. What he said was hateful, and I won't stand for discriminatory hate smearing on these forums.

So you're saying people who were once little girls are somehow more special than people who were once little boys???

Because I have the bladder of an 8 year old boy (and the prostate of an 80 year old man).

ETA: Oh, and this: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/8-glasses-of-water-a-day/
  • Soosiepancake
    Options
    Counter productive or not, at least you are drinking it ;). I put Crystal Light in mine or lots of ice and lemon. I realize that is not 'natural' either but you have to do what you can to get your 64 ounces in a day, especially if you want to lose weight.
    Good luck!
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    I can't stand drinking just regular water. I like lemons in it, but that is counter productive as lemons are a dietetic. I like putting in water flavor things like mio...usually and iced tea flavor...again dietetic. I don't drink enough of anything period and my fav thing to consume is coffee. So now i duno what to do. I have to get more in, but do i just period get more in or try and suffer through regular water consumption.

Guilty as charged. Hate water. At least I used to. Now I guess I'm on the tolerate/sorta like side of things. I had to force myself to drink more. First I would put all my water for the day on top of my desk within arms reach. There'd be 4-5 20oz bottles up there or 2 two liters. I got used to it. Now I drink all the time at a rate of a gallon or more each day. I have a gallon bottle next to me at home as I type this and I have another one at work next to my desk. There's 3 more in my trunk.

You get used to it. Like it......wellllllllll I dunno. But I don't mind drinking it at anymore. So much so that at restaurants waitresses start bringing me gigantic glasses or just set a pitcher down on the table. So drink up! It gets better.

Why do you have to call out little girls? Do you know that kind of attitude causes children to hold their bladders and not raise their hands to go to the bathroom, and then end up with bladder infections? DO you know what happens then? Then they have to go on antibiotics, and some of them eng up getting white spots on their teeth. Do you even know how many problems antibiotics can cause??? I have these spots on my teeth, and now I have to cover my mouth when I smile because I am embarrassed about my teeth. Why don't you pick on someone your own size????

Spoken like a true 8 year old girl.... Run along and go pee.
  • MoreBean13
    Options

Listen Brah, I realize you're a big tough muscle guy, but you have no business bullying me. This is a place of support, and some people with weight issues have experienced bullying by meatheads like you. I won't take it. I stand up for what's right- and you ain't right. Take your big muscles and bad attitude elsewhere.
  • MoreBean13
    Options

So you're saying people who were once little girls are somehow more special than people who were once little boys???

Because I have the bladder of an 8 year old boy (and the prostate of an 80 year old man).

ETA: Oh, and this: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/8-glasses-of-water-a-day/
    I don't even know what to say about this- people on these forums just gang up and bully people. Shame on you!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Listen Brah, I realize you're a big tough muscle guy, but you have no business bullying me. This is a place of support, and some people with weight issues have experienced bullying by meatheads like you. I won't take it. I stand up for what's right- and you ain't right. Take your big muscles and bad attitude elsewhere.

Don't worry about it - you just gotta look at his pic and realize he is curling in the squat rack - nuff said!!
  • ipag
    ipag Posts: 137
    Options
    EvmNb.jpg
  • koen612
    koen612 Posts: 83
    Options
    This is a touchy subject for me, i love water i drink 30 cups a day atleast, but then again im a big guy. I tend to notice everyone whine and moan about water, but to me i feel lucky i have it clean, and so readily available. A lot of countries don't, a lot of people don't even have the availability of water as we do. Yet all anybody can do is dis it, or find ways to not drink it, or change it. Honestly i can preach all day to drink water, that it is healthy for you, but ultimately its up to you what you want to drink. So if you don't want to drink water, well then don't. Make sure you drink absolutely no water. See what happens
  • DavPul
    Options

Thank you for Charles. I think she's being a big meanie because she's been holding it too long
  • DavPul
    Options

Spoken like someone with the bladder of a middle aged women that had a baby....