Does anyone HATE water as much as i do?

Options

Replies

• vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I was going to start a post asking if it is really that much easier losing weight if you drink a lot of water? Is that a fact? I kinda hope not.

If you're on a ketogenic diet, water is important to help your kidneys to flush the ketones. For a less restrictive diet, from what I understand, it helps to flush out some of the sodium if you're having trouble keeping it low.

You're most likely getting most of your hydration from the water in the foods you eat, so drink when you're thirsty!
  • Katahna
    Katahna Posts: 326 Member
    Options

But it's a necessity :(
  • kiminikimkim
    kiminikimkim Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Lucky you don't need force yourself to drink water. Only drink when you're thirsty. That's it.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/health/story/2012/06/08/water-eight-glasses-myth.html
  • Corsetopia
    Corsetopia Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I have an issue with drinking it all the time too! I don't necessarily 'hate' it, it's just I don't want it and half the time I'm forcing myself to drink it because I don't feel thirsty. The people who are hating on you because you posted this topic are ridiculous. There are other people out there who struggle with it. I try carbonated water and ice water, it works usually but still I don't like plain jane water =/
  • tishad58
    tishad58 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I used to hate water... Got myself a Zen water filter unit. :) I keep it on the buffet with different flavors of Mio next to the unit- and if I am not in a plain water mood, I add a shot or two of Mio for flavoring. I have also used flavored stevia- they make a berry one that is pretty good. I now drink a lot more water on a daily basis.
  • lorihalsted
    lorihalsted Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I am not a water lover either. Start with a small cup, literally a cup, 8 ounces. Drink a cup when you brush your teeth. I make myself drink a coffee cup full (also a coffee lover!!!) before I refill my cup each time. Most days I am sure I don't have 64 ounces but I usually have about 40 not even thinking about it. If you are peeing clear, you are hydrated. :drinker:
  • Presleyforpresident
    Options
    i HATE, HATE, HATE water, you don't even understand (or maybe you do, lol!)
    i live in a perpetual state of dehydration.
    when i was younger i was hospitalized for 3 days because i didn't have enough fluids in me to even pee!
    my mouth is always dry and i often get these 'dehydration headaches'
    water is disgusting and i hate it.
    some people are going to be like "what! how do you hate water?"
    IDFK, i just do.
    i've been drinking diet v8 splash for the last 2 years as a somewhat replacement.
    i also drink unsweetened iced tea a lot :)
    but maybe i'll try some flavor packets again... i tried them in the past and it never really spiked my interest...
    hmm
    x
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Try flavored waters, ie, Propel, Ice Sparkling water, Crystal Light ice tea, etc
  • astina2727
    astina2727 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I love water thats all i drink for the most part i don't drink soda i and i don't even the mio stuff. I love just ice cold water with a splash of lemon it really does make you feel better??? why waste your calories on drinking something else?
  • paleirishmother
    Options
    We have extremely hard water at our apartment, our faucets and sinks are all corroded, its gross so the water taste like metal, I can see why someone would hate how water taste, because it CAN taste bad. I am going to get a water filter, when I have some extra money, but until that time, I buy gallon refill bottles.
  • kbcakes
    kbcakes Posts: 84
    Options
    I also am not a big fan of water. Nor do I ever feel really thirsty. I can go a whole day without drinking anything, and still not feel that thirsty. Never have. And I don't believe that I eat enough "watery" foods in my diet either.

I found last year that I lost more weight when I drank more water. Simple enough. Plain water is boring to me, so I use "True Lemon" and "True Lime" to flavor mine. They are crystalized juice, and have a tiny amount of evaporated cane juice, but count as 0 grams of sugar, 0 calories, and no artificial sweeteners, and come in individual packets. Completely portable and great for recipies as well. They also make Lemonade and a Raspberry Lemonade, but they use Stevia sweetener, and I am trying to stay away from these.

Hope this is helpful, and just keep trying things!
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Here is my experience with dehydration:
    I thought it was strange to get dehydrated, but I did, and chronically so!
    Dehydration actually knocked out my thirst mechanism.
    Sounds weird, but I actually got to where I did not want to drink any water.

So here is my advice:
    For a couple of days, just drink 8-10 cups (64oz or more) of water, spread out through the day.
    This will begin to rehydrate you.

At some point you will notice your thirst mechanism has kicked back in, and you will actually want to drink water.
    Make sure to maintain your new habit of drinking water throughout the day, so that you don't fall back into your old ways of not drinking water.
  • tvanhooser
    tvanhooser Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I looked it up a while back and every "expert" has a different opinion on what "counts" as water......so I just do like I did with all the conflicting unsolicited advice about my babies......I smile, nod, and let it slide in one ear and out the other and do what works for me. I just read this article yesterday though that gives some perspective on what we ACTUALLY need vs. the popular perception/tradition. It might help:
    http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/features/wonders-of-water
  • b200808
    b200808 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Having a cold bottle of water helps me. I hate it as well... but once I turn the bottle up, it's usually half gone in one sip.. especially when I'm working
  • andrea198721
    andrea198721 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I can drink it any temp. but hot. I do hear that drinking hot water with lemon is good for detoxing though. Every now and then I get a taste for something sugary but not too often.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    I can't stand drinking just regular water. I like lemons in it, but that is counter productive as lemons are a dietetic. I like putting in water flavor things like mio...usually and iced tea flavor...again dietetic. I don't drink enough of anything period and my fav thing to consume is coffee. So now i duno what to do. I have to get more in, but do i just period get more in or try and suffer through regular water consumption.

Guilty as charged. Hate water. At least I used to. Now I guess I'm on the tolerate/sorta like side of things. I had to force myself to drink more. First I would put all my water for the day on top of my desk within arms reach. There'd be 4-5 20oz bottles up there or 2 two liters. I got used to it. Now I drink all the time at a rate of a gallon or more each day. I have a gallon bottle next to me at home as I type this and I have another one at work next to my desk. There's 3 more in my trunk.

You get used to it. Like it......wellllllllll I dunno. But I don't mind drinking it at anymore. So much so that at restaurants waitresses start bringing me gigantic glasses or just set a pitcher down on the table. So drink up! It gets better.

Now my only problem is that I have the bladder of an 8 year old girl.
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    I saw the title to this thread and it made me think of a friend of mine and the Simpsons.

"Captain, there's a clear non-alcoholic fluid flooding the ship"

LOL
  • seed_of_wonder
    seed_of_wonder Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    i absolutely love water, its the only thing i can really stand to drink besides coffee or occasional tea
    to give it a little more flavor you can add a few cucumber slices & mint leaves
  • robin68562
    robin68562 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I think water is an acquired taste. I used to hate drinking water, too. I preferred drinking pop, juice --- anything but water. But the more of it I drank, the more I learned to like it. I do, however, have trouble drinking 8 glasses a day.
  • buffyangel2000
    buffyangel2000 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I don't like drinking water that much either, I just do it, but ice does help though.