Stupid things you used to tell yourself.....

Options

Replies

• BelleHeart
    BelleHeart Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I deserve a treat, then that started happening everyday, multiple times a day :)

lol yesssssss!!!! I still do that sometimes but now I actually look at the calories and make sure its not too high.
  • tribby
    tribby Posts: 14
    Options
    I'm guilty of all of these! I think one of my worst is:

"Those skinny girls are just unhealthy. They must starve themselves, or do nothing but work out".
  • PattieCakes23
    Options
    "I'm just not meant to be skinny/pretty" um....what? First, You are beautiful. Second, you an be skinny and healthy, just get off your butt and do it!

"It's just one cupcake. I worked out today, it's fine!" (Yes, it is just ONE cupcake...but you decided against the 'healthier' version so....no)

"I'll start tomorrow" (yeah, you are queen of procrastination, shut up and start now!)
  • grdnr03
    grdnr03 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    love everyones post at sometime or other i've said most to myself. Mostly it was i'll start working out soon, uhm soon finally got here!!
  • hteejay
    hteejay Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    All these weight scales are lieing.. Im sexy.. not overweight :-( .... lol
  • Merc71
    Merc71 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    As a trainer for lots of years, I used to tell myself the BS that a lot of the Fitness Industry still follows today:

Eat multiple meals to keep metabolism burning
    Eat breakfast to "jumpstart" your metabolism

I'm one of those troublemakers that believes, "all science is bunk." Those two lines seem to be working well for me.
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    "I just need a tan", because im not fat i just look whiter than everyone else so I appeared bigger...:noway:
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    " I worked out today, a few slices of cheesecake or a huge bowl of icecream wont hurt"

^ This was me.
  • amrita0286
    Options
    If I get skinny I'll turn into a snob, and no one would like a snob.. wtf past self? smh*
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,561 Member
    Options
    As a trainer for lots of years, I used to tell myself the BS that a lot of the Fitness Industry still follows today:

Eat multiple meals to keep metabolism burning
    Eat breakfast to "jumpstart" your metabolism

I'm one of those troublemakers that believes, "all science is bunk." Those two lines seem to be working well for me.
    What works well for you is because of preference and not because metabolism is raised or kept burning due to eating that way. If science were bunk, we wouldn't have medical cures nor any understanding of actual weight gain/loss. Thanks for playing.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Kookie215
    Kookie215 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Its not my fault, my boyfriend made me quit my job (he didn't) and loves going out to eat

eh i'm already fat whats an extra meal or 2 gonna hurt.
  • Mexie1
    Mexie1 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I have to eat what I am given/what I take, even if I am full, wasting food is worse than eating too much.

I need extra food/calorie-dense food to fuel my brain when working hard academically and under stress.
  • MrsM1ggins
    MrsM1ggins Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I've got a "large frame".

No I don't...I was just FAT!
  • jillybean0123
    jillybean0123 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    "It's a drink, not food so the calories don't count."
    "It's easier to find somebody who likes me for me and not my body while I'm fat."
    "I eat less and exercise more than my 80lb sister (true) so my metabolism must just be broken."

I need to invent a time machine to go back in time and slap my former self in the face.
  • Christi6604
    Christi6604 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    " I love food"...umm...I wasn't even stopping to TASTE most of it.
  • heddy90
    heddy90 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Not exactly about weight loss, but:
    I'm having a bad day, I deserve some crisps.
    I'm having a good day, I deserve some crisps.
    I'm bored, I'll go buy some crisps.

Yeah...
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I used to say: I'll start tomorrow....
  • Itssojen
    Itssojen Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    that it was okay for me to drink soda because it was diet :/
  • marianti88
    Options
    'I'm not fat compared to him (pointing at a picture of the half ton man)!... '
  • MoonyRose
    Options
    If I eat a large pizza with a side late at night (usually after three meals at like 12am) and wake up late it will cancel out. I clearly thought I do workouts in my sleep :P! x