Stupid things you used to tell yourself.....

Options
123457»

Replies

• skinnyskittles
    Options
    I deserve a treat, then that started happening everyday, multiple times a day :)

AMEN
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    "This little bit can't hurt"
  • tami101
    tami101 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Mine was that I don't eat that much and that I must have a really slow metabolism. I am really active at work so I thought this was true, but once I started logging I found out how much I was really eating! Let's just say I was shocked at how many calories I was taking in and I have no idea how I didn't weigh a lot more.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,561 Member
    Options
    that it was okay for me to drink soda because it was diet :/
    If you have no reaction to diet soda, then this isn't bad. Personally I drink 2 diet sodas a day for my sweet tooth.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • wrensong27
    wrensong27 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I always told myself I was happy just like I was...um no that is why I refused to be in pictures.

I always told myself that I would start a weight loss plan, tomorrow, or next week, or at the beginning of the month.

I always told myself there was no way I'd ever enjoy healthy food.
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Squidgeypaws007 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    "I just need a tan", because im not fat i just look whiter than everyone else so I appeared bigger...:noway:

LOL! I love this one :D And totally get what you mean :bigsmile:
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Options
    I always told myself there was no way I'd ever enjoy healthy food.

Guilty, I always referred to dieting as "eating rabbit food" and thought it was for "vain" people - obviously I didn't need it, because I wasn't fat because the washing machine was shrinking my clothes, my husband had obiovusly lost weight whcih is why I looked bigger.......lol!
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Options
    If I get skinny I'll turn into a snob, and no one would like a snob.. wtf past self? smh*

Lol :D Have you turned into a snob? :p
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Options
    I definitely do the "I already screwed up my diet today, so I'll just eat whatever I want to get it out of my system and start again tomorrow". Well, a few days later my husband would want Chinese food, and there'd I'd go again!

Aye, looks like loads of us are guilty of the "I'll start tomorrow" sentiment! lol!
  • scorp7003
    Options
    "I'll get back on plan when life isn't so stressful. When things calm down, I'll be in the right mindset to get & stay on plan."

Turns out, that was BS. Um, hello ... life is stressful much of the time; if you wait for no stress you will never get/stay on plan!

I believed it to be true for a long time, but I took a different approach earlier this year and it has made all the difference in the world. I decided to go back on plan in the midst of a very stressful & unhappy time. I decided to do it as a KINDNESS to myself. And, guess what? Now when things are really stressful I stay the course and, if anything, eat even less or better on those days because I don't want to reinforce the old, life-long habit of eating to comfort myself.
  • KimiyaKiwi
    KimiyaKiwi Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    "Yes!!!!! Lost 2 lbs this week!!!..........surely I deserve KFC to reward myself for doing so well..."
  • Izzerial
    Options
    "As long as my normal clothes still fit, I'm not gaining weight."
  • aekimz23
    aekimz23 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    "Some of our butts just happen to have been built more to Sir Mix a Lot's liking."
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    "I'll always be able to eat whatever I want and not gain weight. I'm a naturally small person. My metabolism won't slow down with age. Having kids won't cause me to be heavier."

uh huh