Who hates being single?

Options

Replies

• greatsmile71
    greatsmile71 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm surprised so many people don't like being single. I absolutely love, love, love being single. The older I get, the more I actually prefer being single to being in a relationship. I can do what I want, where I want, with who I want. I can buy what I want. I can decorate how I want. I can wake up when I want, go to bed when I want. I don't have to go to someone else's family or work events. I don't have to hear someone whine if I don't feel like going out, or if I do feel like going out and they don't. I don't have to clean up after anyone else or do anyone else's laundry. Everything in my house is always right where I left it. I can go to whatever restaurant I want to go to and eat whatever food I'm in the mood to eat without having to worry about someone else. I can watch whatever I want on TV. The perks of being single are truly endless...

Absolutely what she said!
  • cbayati
    cbayati Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I dislike it. I mean, I'm content, it's where God put me at the moment, and I trust He will lead me to the right one...but...I'M SO IMPATIENT!

I mean, watching love movies kills me. It makes me vie for that relationship where this guy is someone who WANTS to be around you most of the time, views you as the only girl for him, he doesn't want anyone else because there ISN'T anyone else...and just, someone to hold you at night when you sleep, to see you in sweats and hair up and still call you beautiful...

I'd also love to have someone to make breakfast for other than myself, someone I could curl up and watch a movie with at night, someone who can do most of the driving, hearing him scream at football games...

I don't know, I just love the idea of a man. Someone THERE.
    'Cause being single...well, friends are nice. Family is GREAT.
    But having a guy that's...well...devoted to YOU? And only you?

I kinda want that... : /

Good comes to those who wait, though!
  • nphect
    nphect Posts: 474
    Options
    i don't have to answer random dumb questions that are supposed to be "deep and emotional".
  • Sbehlmer
    Sbehlmer Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I used to love being single, but now I've gotten to a point in my life where it would be nice to have a partner...to have someone to share my life with. In the past 6 months I have made major changes in my life regarding my lifestyle, losing so much weight, becoming active, and I'd like to enjoy my time with someone who would want to enjoy it with me (I see so many friends enjoying time with their husbands/partners, and yea I guess I'm a little jealous of that)......but I truly believe if it's meant to happen, it will happen (if it's meant to happen at all) :wink: :smile:
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    i don't have to answer random dumb questions that are supposed to be "deep and emotional".

You mean like:

Who would win in a fight... Superman or Spiderman?
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    Hate being single because I like being with women, but not plurally. I hate dating and starting to sleep with lots of different women, I'm not made in a way to roam and shag and bag and screw and forget, I wasn't brought up like that. That just ain't me. It actually stresses me having to do all that, one womans love and attention is more than enough, all I need.

I'm the type of guy who wants to settle down with a single woman, spend days, weeks, months and years together, discovering each other, discovering new lands abroad, new and interesting foods, going out and enjoying activities together, snuggling under the blanket when its cold and laughing at each other, with each other about the daft things we do and say. My other half Yo Lazarov, I couldn't contemplate being without.

Six months ago I thought I knew what it was all about but having met Yo, she's re-defined what love means and I wake up each day excitedly, happy to see her beautiful face beside me. After all, what can beat that first thing in the morning smile, which only I get to see? The first hug and kiss? Those words "I love you Matt" and the warmth we share as our bodies intertwine. Heaven.

Can't see anything in singletonland that could come anywhere close to this - most of the reasonings people give seem selfish - so I can do this, that and the other, just sounds like me me me me me me me.

I actually LOVE preparing meals for Yo, clearing dishes etc when shes at work and I'm home, to see that happy smile that she doesn't have to do everything and is loved, is frankly, priceless.

Nothing beats love, esp with my Yo x
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I have no idea what it means to be in a relationship.
  • TorontoDiane
    TorontoDiane Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    Life is even more wonderful when you have someone to share your days and evenings with

so for me.. I would prefer to be involved with a fantastic man :)
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    I'm a single mom....so it's not really being single....it's like being in a relationship with out the perks of an adult relationship.

however, that being said, I really really enjoy it just being my daughter and I. I just miss the perks sometimes.
  • girlwapp
    girlwapp Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I love being single! Then again, I've also never been very interested in relationships.... Wahoo!
  • rsm1972
    rsm1972 Posts: 283
    Options
    Honestly yes I do !! I want to meet some one :):)
  • toya316
    toya316 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I've been single for long enough. However, being able to do whatever you want, whenever you want, is nice.

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: WHOEVER AND WHENEVER, I WANT.....:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • laura_lynn66
    Options
    I've only been single for two weeks...

But so far I can tell you it's nice not to have to make sure to call him on weekdays since I only saw him on the weekends. And he isn't ruining my eating plans for two days of every week. I can just eat what I want and not consider what he wants.

I still miss him, though. =(

Awwww..it will get better! :)
  • laura_lynn66
    Options
    I like that I don't have to pay any attention that it's football season right now..yeah!!!
  • sblake204
    sblake204 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I love being single...for now!!!
    I just hate with Vodka texts my Ex
  • Shamrock_me
    Options
    Not having to act like I'm listening to whatever it is that happened at work that totally ruined his day as he slowly ruins my will to live.

A man-ho at work liked to brag that he had TWO girlfriends and was having trouble getting enough rest and blah blah blah and I just told him:

"Jeeze dude, I don't know how you do it!" he was all evil smiles like it was a compliment "I can't stand to pretend to give a crap about one person going on an on about themselves you have to listen to TWO of them." I couldn't stop laughing!!

I like being single. I like dating but relationships seem so one sided I don't like to be on the taken advantage side and I don't respect anyone I can take advantage of. Fairness in relationship is just not 'there' yet with most people.
  • katnat12
    katnat12 Posts: 73 Member
    Options

Are guys like this actually so rare girls are asking him to be cloned? I thought we were all like this.

Ok, I lied, a lot of guys are asshats, but if so many girls want a guy like this, why am I still single?

True story: I'm unique.

But it's not even so much as men being asshats. If you're a lot like me, then you'll understand you are no less-masculine than a *kitten*, or EVEN a typical guy. It'd mean you and I and a few like us figured out the awesomeness of intimacy without regard to sexual intercourse.

Okay - only a couple people here know this non-guyish fact about me...

I've had sex JUST for the intimate time afterward...just because I wanted to feel...(this is embarrassing...omg..)I wanted to feel special.

There. I said it. It's out there.

:)

:beers: to the guys who don't give a sht about man-cards. :)

Umm, can you just come to Alabama please.... :smooched:
  • Shamrock_me
    Options
    I dont have to worry about being jealous :P

I just get jealous of seeing FB statuses about how AWESOME and LOVING some guy's girl is...and how he's so madly smitten by her he can't think straight...and how she loves loving him.

:-/

My very favorite old boyfriend comment:
    No matter how HOT & Cool, Awesome, Sweet & Funny she is.. Some dude is sick of putting up with her CRAP!
  • tdismydog
    tdismydog Posts: 42 Member
    Options

Are guys like this actually so rare girls are asking him to be cloned? I thought we were all like this.

Ok, I lied, a lot of guys are asshats, but if so many girls want a guy like this, why am I still single?

But it's not even so much as men being asshats. If you're a lot like me, then you'll understand you are no less-masculine than a *kitten*, or EVEN a typical guy. It'd mean you and I and a few like us figured out the awesomeness of intimacy without regard to sexual intercourse.

I've had sex JUST for the intimate time afterward...just because I wanted to feel...(this is embarrassing...omg..)I wanted to feel special.

Ha- could care less bout my man card too. if treating a person the right way and always always always making them the happiest person in the world by considering their feeling 1st, giving gifts even though you dont have to, telling them you love them every day and 1000% meaning it, going to movies that you dont know if you will like(aka girlie movies) but willing to go and discuss afterward just to make your partner happy and a thousand other things to numerous to mention. then i lost my man card a long time ago and dont want it back.
  • katnat12
    katnat12 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    :wink:

Ha- could care less bout my man card too. if treating a person the right way and always always always making them the happiest person in the world by considering their feeling 1st, giving gifts even though you dont have to, telling them you love them every day and 1000% meaning it, going to movies that you dont know if you will like(aka girlie movies) but willing to go and discuss afterward just to make your partner happy and a thousand other things to numerous to mention. then i lost my man card a long time ago and dont want it back.

Could u move to Alabama then??