For all the committed folks... Do you schedule exercise?

Options

Replies

• kiminikimkim
    kiminikimkim Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    You will never "find' time, you have to make time for exercise.

I schedule bootcamp twice a week.
  • MerBear1FL
    Options
    My boyfriend and I go nightly Monday - Friday and Saturday Afternoon. It helps that we are going through this journey together. It took some time for family and friends to understand that we will not be available from 8 pm - 10 pm at night. Now that they understand and accept this, it is much easier to work out!
  • Lina4Lina
    Lina4Lina Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Yup. For me it is fairly easy because I am taking classes at a gym and doing some other gym workouts. So I schedule ahead of time what classes I'm going to take and otherwise what time I'm going to go to the gym.
  • mtkautz
    mtkautz Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Mine is scheduled as a concrete appointment, there isn't anything that can move that appointment unless something happens with my daughter.
  • katemateg
    katemateg Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    It's a huge part of my life and has been for at least the past 10 years. It's the same as washing and eating. It needs to be done and I love it. Physically and psychologically. Hopefully till the day I die :glasses:
  • Determinednoob
    Determinednoob Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    I have a schedule that I will run every week until my training level dictates a new schedule.
  • literatelier
    literatelier Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Yes, absolutely. I never did before and pretty much never went. But now it's in my outlook calendar and I haven't missed a session yet.
  • alehardy2010
    alehardy2010 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. Exercise is non-negotiable. Once you get into the routine it gets easier. For me it took about a month. One thing that helped is that I had a personal trainer help me get into the routine, and if you skip that appointment is costs you $$$! But you just have to get used to saying "no" to people who ask you to do things during your scheduled workout (or, things that will inhibit your ability to wake up for your workout and perform at a high level, like going out drinking the night before, or not getting enough sleep!), and remind them of your commitment by asking for an alternate time because the requested one is during your workout.
  • michellebowman
    michellebowman Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    If you don't make time for exercise you won't exercise.
  • erikblock
    erikblock Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I chose a gym based on its proximity to my workplace rather than my home, and I just drive directly there after work. I often work late, and I have band practice usually several nights a week, so sometimes I don't have time to get there, but I figure that I get a decent calorie burn at band practice, anyway. :)
  • SARgirl
    SARgirl Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    My exercise is part of my daily routine, I don't make it an option. Of course there are always times when other things come up that are unavoidable and I have to miss the gym for that day, but I always pick up where I left off. I have always enjoyed working out though so it's not something that I have to force myself to do and I generally look forward to my daily workouts!
  • sandygaylegunn
    sandygaylegunn Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    My hubby (retired) and I go to the gym 7 days a week for regularity. Some days I just leisurely pass the time, but I am there. My health issues are urgent, and cause me to push forward, so I am cautious not to miss a day. With all that said, because "life happens", I still average only six days a week. Good luck!
  • starcyndycyn
    Options
    YES, I schedule my workouts on my google calendar, so they show up on all of my devices. I keep a paper workout log and my MFP log, too. It keeps me motivated! :)
  • KarenLamyman
    Options
    I joined a gym and book my classes each week, I then think of the money being wasted if I dont go. I usually go straight after work to a class that starts between 6-7pm. oh also on a sunday morning. But I actually miss it if for some reason I cant go.
    Can appreciate not everyone has the 9-5 hours though. :smile:
  • rocketqueen81
    Options
    I find it easier to stick to if I give myself a scheduled goal. I will enter a minimum amount of exercise/time into myfitnesspal for the day, and commit to at least that amount of exercise for the day, and do it right after I get off work. That way I know I will do it...otherwise I have to go back in and delete what I planned, and I feel like a loser :-)
  • aaeros
    aaeros Posts: 157
    Options
    Everyday after work. But if I know I can't make it after work, I get up early and go before, like today. My original goal was to get in 3-4 times a week. Right now I'm getting in 4-5 times a week or more.
  • bigdawg025
    bigdawg025 Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Yes I schedule just about every workout. It keeps me from wavering... and keeps me accountable to myself. Sure there are unplanned ones, too, but for the most part I know several days in advance what I'm going to do and when. If you're just starting out this is really important!
  • Captain_Spatchcock
    Options
    Yes. Plain and simple - success requires planning, and scheduling is a form of planning.
  • beaniesmalls1
    Options
    Hi! Exercise is a hard part for me but I just make it part of my day. I pack my gym bag & I don't stop anywhere else on the way home except the gym. I just make myself go. Even on Friday nights, I make sure I go after work & make plans for later because I will usually be eating out or something. I can get bored sometimes but I just tell myself over and over that i'm not happy with my body/weight and that won't change if i just go home and sit on the couch or avoid the gym. I change it up too, i have a kinect so i do some dance central 2 for a fun workout. I'll also go walking & listen to my favorite music-make a playlist...set a reminder in your phone...text a friend..whatever it takes! Good luck!
  • dianediaz
    dianediaz Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    And to all of you that get up at 4am... W.T.H.??:noway:

;) I kid, I kid...

Yeah, I get that a lot from people. And, truth is, I actually get up at 3 am. At the gym by 5 am. Back home by 7 am. Again, if you want something bad enough you find a way to make it happen.