Losing Baby Weight

Options

Replies

• kc7671
    kc7671 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi girls! I'd love to join you. I had my son July 7, 2009. I gained about 50 lbs and still need to lose 25!! I'm depressed that it's not coming off quicker. I lost 20 when I gave birth, on maternity leave gained 8 back and now have lost 5 in the last month by keeping track of my food & an elliptical. I want to have a second baby before I'm 40 (turned 38 the day before my son was born) but just can't even think about it til I lose some!!! Ughg!! Hope to chat soon, Kelli
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies and hello to all newcomers! :flowerforyou:

Stephanie - While I can't relate to your problem, I'm sure that someone here can and if you ever need help or support, we're all here to do just that. :heart:

Susan - Holy cow, awesome info about the exercising/sour milk thing. I had no idea. Of course mine isn't breastfeeding anymore, but its awesome info for the future. With Wesley, he decided that he liked the bottle waaaaaaay better about 2 months in (I was a full time student, so I pumped and had to leave the bottles with the baby sitter) so I hope to be able to stay home with the next and breastfeed exclusively.

Tianisha - Your attitude is awesome, and I think that's 80% of the battle right there. Instead of going to the gym, just going for a walk around your building would help you burn some calories. Then you don't waste time getting in your car, driving over, getting dressed etc. You can work up a light sweat just with brisk walking - its not like being on an exercise machine obviously, but something is something! Also, you may want to look into exercise you can do at your desk. I'm asking Santa for one of these this Christmas: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0027ZNH2O/ref=asc_df_B0027ZNH2O967900?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&tag=shopzilla_rev_34-20&linkCode=asn&creative=380341&creativeASIN=B0027ZNH2O

Kelli - Oh, I hear you Kelli. I want to have all my children by 30, and I have two more to go so this weight needs to come OFF so I can be healthy for my next baby. It motivates me to think about holding my future little bundles of joy, and being a hot preggo mommy! You know, wearing those adorable maternity clothes instead of those dreaded frumpy mumu type get ups. :blushing: :wink:
  • mandita
    Options
    Hi moms,

I am Catalina, 29 yrs old, sahm, 2 kids, 6 yrs old DD Claudia, 7 month old DS Razvan.
    Before DS I had 49 kg and now 62 kg, SW 65.

It's dificult to make all workouts and meals, DS wants only in my arms, but DH is very suportive. Seems like each day is a chalenge.

I started 9 days ago, everything is wrote on paper, everything is organized. My home chores too. I couldn't do it without this organization.

You can see my starting pics in my personal profile. I will update them week 3.

My weightloss "program" is a little brutal and organized, but I can't keep the good work in other way.

I am having 5 healthy meals, nonono junkfood or something packed, no sugar and everything made with sugar, no sodas, so everything in mynutrition is clean. Of course I am craving, but I am looking at those gorgeous girls in videoclips and I know I can do it.

Cardio 60 minutes/day. TurboJam, kristy Cardio Combat, Fonda workout

My DH makes me a fine masage every day. It's not professional, but it works reallly well.

I am breastfeeding after each workout, and my baby doesn't seem to dislike the milk, he is 7 month old.

Nice to meet you girls.
  • susanecho
    susanecho Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Lost a whole pound! Wish it was more, but hey a pound is a pound. Stayed within my calories yesterday. Man that was hard. But it's good to see where the calories go and what to give up so you can have something else, like dessert! Is anyone else in the 1200 calorie limit? I do give myself a little more since I'm breastfeeding, not quite as high as 500 calories though. I was starving, any suggestions on keeping the hunger at bay until the next meal? Just borrowed my friend's Billy Blanks Boot Camp. I will try it tonight after work. Hope you ladies have a great day!
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Welcome Catalina! Wonderful to have you on board. :flowerforyou:

Susan - Congrats! You're absolutely right, a pound is a pound and thats exactly how we get to our goal. I have a 1200 cal limit, and I stave off hunger (and binging) by eating 5 small meals. I eat breakfast at 8:30, next snack is at 11:30, then another at 2:30, dinner's at 6 and then I have desert an hour or two after. I was one of those people who when they sat down to eat, I wanted to EAT. So for a few months, I only had 2 meals a day (a late breakfast & early dinner). But I when I felt hungry I would always eat 'just a bite' of this or that and never count it. Well all those 'just a bites' stalled my weight loss. Now if I'm hungry at 11am, I know I can eat again in half an hour and it really helps me!

Today's is hubby's birthday and we are going out to eat. I've looked up the menu and decided what I would have. DH doesn't really think I need to lose weight and thinks I should ALWAYS be indulging, so he demanded as birthday king that I have what I've always had (the ribs). So I've decided I can make us both happy. I will order water, order the fresh veggie instead of fries and only eat a serving (2 ribs) instead of the entire half rack. The meal will probably still be around 600 cals, but I've budgeted for that, am exercising and it should all be great! :bigsmile:
  • mandita
    Options
    Happy birthday for your DH Hannah.

I have 5 meals too.

Today:
    8.00 fruits pears
    11.00 steam chicken, 1 egg, kohlrabi, tomatoes
    14.00 rice with carrots
    16.00 whole grain pasta
    19.00 salad cabbage tomatoes

I wasn't in mood to make a certain workout so I just dance today for a half of hour.

My DS is teething so I didn't have much time. My DH massage only 7 minutes.

ooo, and I had a bath, exfoliating my body with cofee, bran and honey
  • shamm08
    shamm08 Posts: 109
    Options
    This week hasn't gone as good as I would like. I got a sick baby so I haven't gotten but one workout this week. I have manage to keep my eating under control which is great if I could just have some time to workout.
  • Texangrrl
    Options
    oh oh oh!! can i join ladies, and that one guy? :wink: :laugh:

Id love a group to join, help me stay motivated. I have two kiddos, and two step-kiddos, all under the age of four. i know what you're thinking...,.YIKES...but its actually fun when we have all four together. My youngest just turned one in october.

I didnt pay attention to weight gain during my pregnancy, it was really stressful for me, i ate to console myself. She was a pleasant surprise for our failing marriage, in texas, you can not divorce while the wife is pregnant, so we basically tried to fix it, over and over, until neither one of us could take it anymore, I finally left when she was 6mos old. I then started talking to my highschool sweetie, and we've been together since. My weight has fluctuated alot this past year, I started out at 225, then dropped down to 205, now im back to 215, I must be content with my sweetie, dont they say you gain weight when happy?

Id love to get back down to my pre-pregnancy weight of 180, which is still 10 above the "healthy" weight for my height of 6'2". Im thinking once I get there, THEN we'll see. haha.

Good luck ladies!! Im looking forward to getting to know and watching all of us succeed. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

this weeks goal: To hit the gym at least 4 times, we will have all four kids all week, and I will have them by myself during the day, Im pretty sure I will need a mid-morning break and drop them all off in the kids club at the gym. :laugh:

To keep myself from going crazy, im only going to weigh-in once a month, my next weigh in day is Dec 15.
  • Texangrrl
    Options
    This week hasn't gone as good as I would like. I got a sick baby so I haven't gotten but one workout this week. I have manage to keep my eating under control which is great if I could just have some time to workout.

thats great youve kept the eating under control! theres always some things you can fit in at home, like lunges while cooking dinner, or sit-ups on the floor with the kiddos.

i know with a sick baby this isnt realistic, but with my older kids, we have a cot mattress (for camping), its alot like patio furniture pads. i have one lay on their belly on one end, and i grab the other end, and then haul butt around the yard, they have a blast and im outta breath after doing all three big kids a few times each.
  • Texangrrl
    Options
    Lost a whole pound! Wish it was more, but hey a pound is a pound. Stayed within my calories yesterday. Man that was hard. But it's good to see where the calories go and what to give up so you can have something else, like dessert! Is anyone else in the 1200 calorie limit? I do give myself a little more since I'm breastfeeding, not quite as high as 500 calories though. I was starving, any suggestions on keeping the hunger at bay until the next meal? Just borrowed my friend's Billy Blanks Boot Camp. I will try it tonight after work. Hope you ladies have a great day!

yay! a pound is a pound and good for you! i have the BB boot camp dvd...that im supposed to be doing right, im just dreading it. im at 1700 a day, and i stayed in my calories today, with a 100 to spare! it wasnt near as hard as i thought it would, every time i started wanting to do snack, i filled my water bottle up.
  • kylielouttit
    kylielouttit Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I'm in too. I just had a baby by c-section on October 9th. So my abs are shot, and i dont enjoy wearing maternity clothes when i'm not pregnant anymore. Before getting pregnant i weighed around 125 and now i'm at 149. I went to my first pilates class today which i found nearly impossible to do because i have such a weak core now. I'd like to get back to fitting in my old clothes again, and I have a feeling that with holidays around the corner it's going to be an extra challenge!

I had my c-section on October 3rd!!! Yay for October babies!
  • mandita
    Options
    Hi girls.

A chaotic day. a lot of visits, and I almost didn't eat. I just had no time. :angry:

1. pears apples bananas
    2. yoghurt
    3. a few slices bacon.
    No cardio or any workout.:sad:
    That's outrageous.

Tomorow 5 healthy and rich meals. and a lot of cardio.
  • mandita
    Options

When one of my kids is sick, I am almost paralised. Ioose all my routines, everything I do is watching my baby. Maybe I shouldn't be a paranoic, but I can't help myself. :cry:
  • Texangrrl
    Options
    today was an ugh day! we had a night and most of today with no kids, we slept till almost 3pm! then we went and ate saltgrass steak house. needless to say i went over my calories with my ONE meal ive eaten today. haha. back in the gym tomorrow tho.

hope everyone had a nice weekend.
  • RockNRollWeekender
    Options
    I'm in!

I looked great my whole pregnancy...and even after I had my daughter (15 months ago) I looked pretty good. But I gained all my weight staying at home with her and continuing my pregnancy eating habits without exercising. I've been back to my normal working routine since June and now am finally ready to really work towards losing at least 20-25 lbs. I plan on having more children (the sooner the better) and just don't want these lbs to keep stacking up!

Hopefully, if I do awesome at getting back in shape.......it will get my husband motivated!
  • vipersgirl28
    Options
    Glad to see this topic. I had the baby 8 days ago. Even though I am not supposed to work out for 6 weeks, I did cheat a little bit tonight. I couldnt resist the new boxing bag my dh bought for me. I did twenty punches. I have not weighed myself in the past few days so I will do that tomorrow. I know for sure I lost how much the baby weighed. lol luckily I didn't gain to much weight when I was pregnant but I was already obese to begin with.
  • shamm08
    shamm08 Posts: 109
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies! Its Monday time to weigh in or it is for me at least. So I got up today stepped on the scale and it said 133.8. So either my starting weight (137) was wrong or my scale is wrong. I'm going to reweigh tomorrow and see what I get. I would love to be 133.8 but I find it a little hard to believe. Do you weigh in the same time every week? Maybe thats my problem weighting in at different times. Well I hope you all have good luck with the scale today.
  • mandita
    Options
    Good morning,
    I'm waiting for my scale, and I will post my cw too.

RockNRollWeekend , it was my fault too that I gained so much weight post partum. But I have a little excuse :blushing: .Till now it was a chalenge even to reach bathroom, with DS always in my arms.
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    GOOD morning ladies! WOW...I'm so glad we've got such a crowd on here! I really didn't expect so many people to join me!:bigsmile: So...today is what I'm calling my starting day! Here's the stats...

11/23/09
    Start weight: 191 pounds
    Current weight: 191 pounds
    Pounds lost: 0
    Goal for week 1: Lose 1 pound (I was going to make it 2, but with Thanksgiving I will hope for at least 1)
    Final goal weight: 145 pounds

Personal Challenge for week 1: Make smart choices for both my Thanksgiving dinners and my baby's baptismal celebration on Saturday!

So, this weekend went pretty good for me. I went running outside on Saturday (it was such a nice day that I couldn't resist!) I have a two mile path that I go, and with the dogs (I have two brittanys) I think I went at a decent pace. I'm hoping to still get some more runs outside before it gets too cold. I'm going to go to the gym tonight to run on the treadmill some.

Shamm08...I do try and weight myself at the same time every week under the same conditions. So, for me it's always Monday morning after breakfast and a shower while I'm naked. That way it should be fairly consistent. Just my opinion.

vipersgirl...be careful since you JUST had your little one. You don't want to cause any problems that could put you out from exercising even longer. I would start with walking.

I have an idea. It's always hard for me to get to know everyone we have on these threads. So, I'm going to start another post with a little bit about myself. Maybe everyone could copy mine and add onto it. That way we have a post with a little bit about everyone that we can refer to.
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    I have an idea. It's always hard for me to get to know everyone we have on these threads. So, I'm going to start another post with a little bit about myself. Maybe everyone could copy mine and add onto it. That way we have a post with a little bit about everyone that we can refer to.

Kristin (kistinbee)...I am 26 and just had my first daughter on September 5, 2009 by C-section. I am married with 2 dogs and 2 cats also. I work fulltime as a research associate and I'm wanting to lose the extra weight and work towards becoming certified to teach spinning and BodyPump classes!