Dear women over the age of 20

Options

Replies

• FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    When I wear juniors/kids clothing, it's because the clothes ftis better. I'm short, but petite pants are always too short on me. I don't know why. Maybe I have long legs for a short person. Whatever the reason, as long as I can find a pair without rhinestones all over them, I'm not going to spend more just to shop in the adult department and then have to alter them or pay more to have them altered.
  • Krystleklearfit
    Options
    My TOP 3 rules for shopping:

1. do i LIKE/LOVE it
    2. does it FIT and FLATTER my body
    3. can i AFFORD it

I don't care if i'm looking in a bin at goodwill, juniors dep, saks, marshalls, dillards, or whatever as long as it meets my criteria

Ditto
  • skonly
    skonly Posts: 371
    Options
    When I wear juniors/kids clothing, it's because the clothes ftis better. I'm short, but petite pants are always too short on me. I don't know why. Maybe I have long legs for a short person. Whatever the reason, as long as I can find a pair without rhinestones all over them, I'm not going to spend more just to shop in the adult department and then have to alter them or pay more to have them altered.

I used to buy jeans in the little girls department too. Petite clothes do fit funny and they are usually what I consider to be old lady clothes. lol. The tops never fit right anyway, they are usually made for people with no or small boobies.
  • alexis831
    alexis831 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Juniors top at Ross 6.00, jeans at an only Juniors store called fashion Q 14.00. I have had the shirt for 5 years and the pants for 6. Wore them through both my pregnancies and they are still going strong.... So much for bad quality, so much for looking un sophisticated!

167161_1752406417882_3381180_n.jpg
    167413_1752407097899_1387627_n.jpg

And the best one is my JUNIORS quincinera dress that was my wedding dress.... Not the best picture to see the wonderful bead work.

228199_1085255739532_8080_n.jpg
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    That dress is breathtaking!

I would live in clothing from Ann Taylor so long as it fit me well and fit in the budget. It's not in the budget, so I don't look, because I love their clothing and would rather not be tempted. But juniors/kids clothing not only fits me length wise, it's more flattering for my lower half. Whenever I wear adult sizes that fit in the waist, people complain that I don't dress for my size because the pants are too baggy. Something about the cut of the younger clothing just works for me.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Juniors top at Ross 6.00, jeans at an only Juniors store called fashion Q 14.00. I have had the shirt for 5 years and the pants for 6. Wore them through both my pregnancies and they are still going strong.... So much for bad quality, so much for looking un sophisticated!

And the best one is my JUNIORS quincinera dress that was my wedding dress.... Not the best picture to see the wonderful bead work.

I totally love your outfit and your wedding dress, gorgeous :D this is my Ross outfit :)

Got the top a size medium in Jr. at ross and the bottoms are 5/6 from Ross in Juniors.
    DSCF5907.jpg
    DSCF5893.jpg
  • alexis831
    Options

I totally love your outfit and your wedding dress, gorgeous :D this is my Ross outfit :)

Got the top a size medium in Jr. at ross and the bottoms are 5/6 from Ross in Juniors.
    DSCF5907.jpg
    DSCF5893.jpg

So Cute! That outfit is very cute on you!!! And thanks! I love Ross too!

Here is our family (minus the 2 little ones) getting sworn in as "Junior" rangers... in my Junior Grand Canyon shirt wearing a size large in kids shorts, and a size 4 in kids hiking boot! Oh and kids socks, bra, and undies too. ;) Couldn't resist!

2569415620034035913S425x425Q85.jpg
  • palmerig88
    palmerig88 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Some clothes fit better some don't for example I think junior tanks are better but I cant wear their shorts. I think clothes that fit are what is important!
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    Meh, some of us have trouble finding adult clothes to fit, I try not to get kiddy looking stuff, but in the end you gotta take what you can. It sucks.
  • alexis831
    Options
    That dress is breathtaking!

I would live in clothing from Ann Taylor so long as it fit me well and fit in the budget. It's not in the budget, so I don't look, because I love their clothing and would rather not be tempted. But juniors/kids clothing not only fits me length wise, it's more flattering for my lower half. Whenever I wear adult sizes that fit in the waist, people complain that I don't dress for my size because the pants are too baggy. Something about the cut of the younger clothing just works for me.

Thanks and I UNDERSTAND! I am so short even my kids comfy/athletic shorts have to be rolled! Kids/Jr's just fits me and my body just like you!!!
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I can never find longs in the women's department. Juniors always has longs. All my work slacks are juniors because the women's look like I'm waiting for a flood.
  • themaskedpixie
    themaskedpixie Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Can you please send this to my MIL?

I think my Step-MIL does too and she's over 60 for sure. I think she wore a prom dress to my SIL's wedding.

my mil is nearing 60... the pleather leggings have got to go!
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    Can you please send this to my MIL?

hahahaha I died! Mine too please :)
  • kschr201
    kschr201 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    same issue as a lot of the ladies already said. I'm short, petite clothes are cut really strange (why are they so wide?) so to find something that actually proportionally looks right is a miracle. I've gotten a lot of things tailored to fit (the work clothes I have now). and for this time in my life when i'm losing, I'm gonna go with juniors just because it's cheaper. I'll invest in nicer stuff when I reach the right size.

it's not like I have things hanging out. My job requires me to dress quite conservatively.
  • Justkeepswimmin
    Justkeepswimmin Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I find the exception to be Levis jeans. Their Jr sizes fit my butt much better (no gap) where are their new curve id I cant even fit into a 18 in woman's and most of the time I am a 12. Eeefff their new line!

I find that there are some exceptions but the majority.... yes woman shouldn't buy frm the jr dept!

I agree with this now that I've lost weight - before I shopped in women's because they fit better but now that I've lost weight a lot of juniors jeans fit better...but that being said I'm 29 and WILL shop at "forever 21" - I think the clothes look nice :sigh: Sorry.
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    Please stop shopping in the juniors department. The clothes are cheapy made. They are made to fit the bodies of teenagers (children). They run small so you can probably go down a size by moving up into "grown up" clothes. And yeah, they are made for teenagers. I don't believe you need to dress "your age" but there is a certain something special about dressing in a sophisticated manner.

Totally agree with this post. Well, except when I buy jeans from AE. LOL
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Just because a younger person puts on jr clothing, doesn't automatically make them look great. I've seen muffins tops, bulges, etc from someone not being in the size they need. It works both ways, maybe larger jr's should shop in the womens section.

Just because you are older doesn't mean you don't fit jr clothing anymore if not better than some juniors. I'm not saying to wear clothing that is stamped with jr brands across them, but if your shape fits them better then you should buy from the dept. that fits you.

I have a hard time fitting jeans. I'm 115, small waist, larger hips, and thin legs. I can try on piles of jeans from a lot of stores. The ones that end up fitting the best and that I purchase over and over are from the jr section. They fit my shape. Just because I'm not 18 doesn't turn me into a shape that automatically has to shop in the womens section. I don't like the waist coming up higher than the way I like them, I don't like the back pockets farther apart, and sometimes they just plain don't look good. I've tried to like the women's jeans as they are less expensive sometimes, but I always go back to the jrs. Until you are older and experience shopping when you are older, then shop where you want and we will continue to shop where we want.
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    First off, I must say, I'm 24, and never shop in the junior department, because truly and honestly, i will never fit into them. I will say that i never have worn shorty shorts either (because i have always been overweight and have a tummy that never seems to want to fit into much and my hips, yeah not going there) or a bikini for that matter. I will say that even the "short" as far as jeans go still are too long (i'm 5'2" and have to wear pumps so my i don't trip over my pants) and i'm proud to shop in the woman's section of the store. There was a lady I went with once to Rue 21 in Sandusky, she is in her 30's and fits into a size 6. Granted she is tall and thin but i remember thinking to myself "what if?" but now thinking back, i'm glad i don't get to shop in that store lol,
  • valeriebpdx
    valeriebpdx Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    What I probably should have posted was:

Ladies who exclusively shop in the juniors department, you should try the Misses department. You might find the clothes fit a woman's body better, are in general of better quality and more sophisticated.

The people who need your message aren't getting it. There's a whole lot between Forever 21 and the Charter Club section of Macy's. Oh well, you tried.
    "When you shop in the juniors department, you look like you are trying to compete with the 18-year-olds. The 18-year-olds always win."
    -Clinton Kelly
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    What I probably should have posted was:

Ladies who exclusively shop in the juniors department, you should try the Misses department. You might find the clothes fit a woman's body better, are in general of better quality and more sophisticated.

The people who need your message aren't getting it. There's a whole lot between Forever 21 and the Charter Club section of Macy's. Oh well, you tried.
    "When you shop in the juniors department, you look like you are trying to compete with the 18-year-olds. The 18-year-olds always win."
    -Clinton Kelly

But who's right is it to tell us where to shop? Again, if you want to come shop for me and spend your money on me, then by all means I'll wear it, but until then I think people need to stop telling people what they should or shouldn't' do with their money.