Dear women over the age of 20

Options

Replies

• FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    OP, your apology/clarification was very nice and articulate. T

Thanks!

For everyone else driven crazy because you assume that anyone wearing juniors clothing is wearing something cheaply made and ill fitting, I am guessing that if some of us posted pictures of ourselves in juniors or kids wear and pictures of ourselves in adult wear, you'd understand. I know I look frumpy in adult wear, and it's not because the clothing is frumpy, it just doesn't fit me right.

My guess is that if it wasn't posted in this thread, you'd have no idea that my jeans weren't adult sized.

(I haven't gotten over picture posting shyness, but I bet someone will step up to the plate.)
  • PinkEnvyx
    PinkEnvyx Posts: 172
    Options
    Juniors section shopper, checking in.
    As am i :happy: i am 39 and shop both womens and juniors. :drinker:

Dressing the age you feel comes natural.
    Acting your IQ does also....how smart was this thread? :laugh:
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody lets make specific statements that we believe applies to the whole world.

For example: women over 20 no matter what body type or where you live or how appropriate you dress, should not be in the juniors department....

example 2: all gingers have no soul

What about people who die their hair red?
  • littlehedgy
    littlehedgy Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    oh my god! people get UP IN ARMS about this apparently! why does anyone ever care if someone online says that 20 year olds should shop in womens? I can't see how that is offensive. When I read it I was thinking "Hey grown ups don't wear neon with animal with fake glasses with teased hair with a sequined jacket with distressed and bedazzled jeans!"

But anywho the only thing I hate in the juniors section is that awful yellow green color that is so bright it makes your eyes bleed. and anything that is both animal and sequined. That says tacky to me. But what do I know? I dress with my tits out.
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    This *kitten* is bananas. B-A-N-A-N-A-S.
  • ToneItUp87
    Options
    Juniors section has cuter clothes, and they fit me just fine, so I will keep shopping in that section. Thank you very much. Have a pleasant day. :flowerforyou:
  • PinkEnvyx
    PinkEnvyx Posts: 172
    Options
    For most of the stores I shop at that do not seperate thier clothing in section.....you are onto something. Ba ha :bigsmile:
  • rhonniema
    rhonniema Posts: 522
    Options
    I just had to buy juniors shorts because I am in Texas and only had 2 pairs for two weeks and the women's didn't have any that flattered me.

I shot at places like American Eagle which kind of spans the board but if I go to normal department stores, the women's clothes feel too old for a 23 year old...Any other young women have this issue? I NEVER buy clothes because of it.

Thats why they have a contemporary section for women in their 20's (im 27) who dont want to go into the womens section but cant fit into juniors. . .

ding ding ding ding ding

OMG. This thread makes me glad that I have very few female friends.
    Straight heartless and vindictive even after the OP apologized.
  • HartJames
    HartJames Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    Interesting how many of those screaming "don't judge meeeeee!" also turn around and say that the misses or women's depts are frumpy and old.

'xcuse me?

I can put together an outfit from most anywhere (including he womens dept. and I promise you no one EVER accused me of looking either frumpy or old) and make it work just as easily as someone can find something tacky & cheap in any dept/store.

Maybe the OP meant- stop dressing like a cheap tacky mess?

To that I say, do you.
    Jr. dept. has it's fair share like anywhere else. Nice stuff too.

I so do not care how anyone else dresses other than brief amusement or admiration.

Carry on.....
  • jenillawafer
    jenillawafer Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Those are the only clothes that will fit my small stature and frame though. ):
  • HartJames
    HartJames Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    Yes, where is the tall chicks store????? So needed!
    It's funny... I never shopped in juniors because I was usually too big. So I wouldn't even think of going anywhere near the department even if I COULD fit in the clothes. :) How many sequined leopard tops does one need? :)

However, I only recently discovered Forever 21 and realized that I could get a cute summer dress for $20.00... so, shop where you like! :)

I've actually tried there for dresses this summer. The waists are SUPER high on my (I'm 5'9"). I have this problem with Misses too. I love that some places have started making tops for tall women instead of just pants.

Yes! I am all torso and 5'10". I need long tops.
  • _CowgirlUp_
    _CowgirlUp_ Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Here's the deal...

If MORE "fit" women would shop in the Juniors department, there wouldn't be this fuss about it...if I'm a size 8, why should I shop in Walmart's "Misses" section just because I don't meet your age appropriate limit? That's just BS. The OP and many others need to take a look in the mirror and imagine yourselves at age 50 and at your current (fit) size. You won't be shopping for moo-moos or clothes that cover your hard earned body any more than the rest of us. GOD...stop the effing HATE will ya?!

I totally despise seeing all the younger (30 & below) in the tight jeans, tight shirts and the flippin muffin top hanging over your expensive designer jeans...if it hangs over, it should be COVERED UP!!! Age has NOTHING to do with any of it. If you look good in it, wear it, if you look like an exploded biscuit canister, DON'T wear tight clothes!!
  • shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    I'm 21, sometimes they fit OK, and sometimes (often) they are cute!
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Interesting how many of those screaming "don't judge meeeeee!" also turn around and say that the misses or women's depts are frumpy and old.

'xcuse me?

I have gotten quite sad on more than one occasion about some sophisticated outfit or another that I was dying to buy but looked like a joke on me from the womens section. I do have clothing from the adults section, of course, and more than I have from the juniors. But jeans hands down look best on me in juniors and kids sizes.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Women's pants are always huge in the crotch area on me for some reason....

That's because you don't have them pulled up to your boobs lol. Sorry that's how it feels when I wear them.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

That's because you don't have them pulled up to your boobs lol. Sorry that's how it feels when I wear them.

They make mid and low-rise pants in misses sizes. I own some. The waist falls below my belly button and the crotch is where it should be.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options

They make mid and low-rise pants in misses sizes. I own some. The waist falls below my belly button and the crotch is where it should be.

I have not found them yet, but I quit looking, I just get my jeans from the Jr. Department, jeans are jeans in my opinion. I actually love Bongo brand but I don't currently own any, I do not spend more then $10 on jeans right now, when I hit my goal I'll buy more expensive jeans.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options

They have some, I've heard of them. One in downtown Denver.

I was really annoyed looking for work pants. Long jeans are easy but work appropriate trousers? Impossible.
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options

I was really annoyed looking for work pants. Long jeans are easy but work appropriate trousers? Impossible.

Speaking of long jeans! What's up with that?! Almost all designer denim has a 35" inseam :mad: :angry:
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options

...i know where you can find khakis/trousers for tall people. But I don't think you'll like my answer.