Replies

• JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    A few examples of misses clothing from Macy's and JC Penney:

Skirt.jpg

132lbs.jpg

Macysmaxi.jpg

I didn't comment on your outfits before... Not a huge fan of the skirt, but I think it could work with the right shirt and shoes. It's a little long for it's shape. Love the T-shirt (and it's just a T-shirt, how could it be frumpy?). Cute neck line, cute feminine sleeves, boobs look awesome in it. Love, Love, Love the maxi dress. I'm really into maxi dresses for the first time this summer, however I do wish I could find some that fit me a little longer than most do.

The skirt and dress aren't my style however the second picture looks like something I would have worn to work.
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    Thanks :) just sounds like a way to over complicate things to be honest LOL probably fine when you are used to it though.
    The girls section usually runs up to about an age 16 over here, the styles are different for different ages, but all one section really.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    A few examples of misses clothing from Macy's and JC Penney:

I didn't comment on your outfits before... Not a huge fan of the skirt, but I think it could work with the right shirt and shoes. It's a little long for it's shape. Love the T-shirt (and it's just a T-shirt, how could it be frumpy?). Cute neck line, cute feminine sleeves, boobs look awesome in it. Love, Love, Love the maxi dress. I'm really into maxi dresses for the first time this summer, however I do wish I could find some that fit me a little longer than most do.

The skirt and dress aren't my style however the second picture looks like something I would have worn to work.

I don't expect that my style is everyone's style. I guess, for me, I can look at an outfit someone else is wearing and know that it is not something I would ever wear because it isn't "me," but not have to insult the person at the same time. Just because it isn't your style doesn't make it frumpy, which seems to be the conclusion a lot of people in here are drawing. "I wouldn't wear that, therefore, it's frumpy."

That's as offensive as anything in the OP.

My style is more classic than trendy. I don't know that I have the personality for most of the more trendy clothes and styles. That doesn't mean I don't think other people look amazing in those clothes.
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    So, now that I can no longer wear the smallest size jeans in the ladies/misses department, what am I supposed to wear? Or am I supposed to go without pants?
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    So, now that I can no longer wear the smallest size jeans in the ladies/misses department, what am I supposed to wear? Or am I supposed to go without pants?

Psst: We've already decided people can shop where ever they want.

Now we've moved on to a fun conversation about fashion.

But pant-less is never bad.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    I'm doing not-age-appropriate juniors wear today. Definitely not something a sophisticated 40 year old woman should wear. Good thing I'm not sophisticated. :happy: It's an aroundthe house, walk the dog, or maybe go for groceries or to Target, kind of look. It's a look that says, "goofy geek girl," which is exactly what I am.

IMG_5035.jpg

But the shorts sure fit a sight better than the misses ones do! :laugh:

IMG_5038.jpg

IMG_5030.jpg

And FFS... I'm like frickin' Zoolander with one pose.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I might judge the fact that your sandals exactly match your shorts.... But your are adorable Lorina.
  • moreno89
    moreno89 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one who thinks that someone can shop wherever they bloody well want to? :smokin:

i'm with you :)
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    My other casual sandals look like Moses wore them wandering the desert for 40 years. :laugh:
  • moreno89
    moreno89 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I'm doing not-age-appropriate juniors wear today. Definitely not something a sophisticated 40 year old woman should wear. Good thing I'm not sophisticated. :happy: It's an aroundthe house, walk the dog, or maybe go for groceries or to Target, kind of look. It's a look that says, "goofy geek girl," which is exactly what I am.

IMG_5035.jpg

But the shorts sure fit a sight better than the misses ones do! :laugh:

IMG_5038.jpg

IMG_5030.jpg

And FFS... I'm like frickin' Zoolander with one pose.

i like the matchy look! you look great the only thing i would say i don't like is the style of the sandal other than that, nothing! you look amazing :)