Options

Replies

• Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Now I see why the OP was hating.

Mom haircut - Check.

Mom clothes - Check.

Mom jeans - Check. The saggy knee look works on no one.

Bermuda shorts - Check. Seriously, just no.

Yea, I'm gonna stick to the junior's section. Maybe when I'm 40, I'll dress like I'm 40. But while I'm in my 20s....not so much.

Wow. You're a peach. Way to be really nasty to someone who tried to start a funny thread and who apologized like an adult for offending anyone.
    And then after apologizing, continued to rag on women shopping in the junior's section* Fix'd it.

And there was nothing funny about the thread. Like....at all.

Show me where I "continued to rag". And by short shirts I thought she was referring to those awful T-shirts from the 90s that barely hit the top of high waisted pants (and never did on me because I'm tall) not shirts that were actually mean to show mid-riff.
  • Rae6503
    Options
    short shirts, those are just out of style (thankfully).

Well *kitten*, I wore this last weekend. Yeah, I bought it from the Jr section lol

400492_3516571953566_1272034782_n.jpg

please pardon the hair it was a wee bit windy which did nothing for my pixie cut lol

Super cute...but are those Vibrams? For sharme!

I'm surprised that you would compliment her on her look, as I recall baggy knees on jeans don't look good on anyone and qualify said jeans as "mom jeans."

Also, I'm still confused on this. These knees are just as baggy as my jeans in the knees. Mine are just a solid color.

ETA: I like these jeans but I try to avoid fadding like that because it seems to draw attention to my larger quads.
  • paleirishmother
    Options
    Hmm...I would much rather see a woman wearing a cute shirt than a polyester bell sleeved floral top.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Now I see why the OP was hating.

Mom haircut - Check.

Mom clothes - Check.

Mom jeans - Check. The saggy knee look works on no one.

Bermuda shorts - Check. Seriously, just no.

Yea, I'm gonna stick to the junior's section. Maybe when I'm 40, I'll dress like I'm 40. But while I'm in my 20s....not so much.

Wow. You're a peach. Way to be really nasty to someone who tried to start a funny thread and who apologized like an adult for offending anyone.
    And then after apologizing, continued to rag on women shopping in the junior's section* Fix'd it.

And there was nothing funny about the thread. Like....at all.

Show me where I "continued to rag". And by short shirts I thought she was referring to those awful T-shirts from the 90s that barely hit the top of high waisted pants (and never did on me because I'm tall) not shirts that were actually mean to show mid-riff.

Oh they still have those... my mother and mother in law HATE them... they can never find shirts that don't turn into shrinky dink mid-riff shirts after only one or two washings.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Wow. So much sensitivity. Rae looks great and she obviously didn't realise this was going to be such a controversial topic. Shop where you want.
  • cici1028
    cici1028 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    It's funny... I never shopped in juniors because I was usually too big. So I wouldn't even think of going anywhere near the department even if I COULD fit in the clothes. :) How many sequined leopard tops does one need? :)

However, I only recently discovered Forever 21 and realized that I could get a cute summer dress for $20.00... so, shop where you like! :)
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options
    15973773648520670_Mo9rzDhR_f.jpg

Hey, guys! What's happenin'?!
  • Rae6503
    Options

Cute!
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options

Yes, this.
  • alexis831
    alexis831 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Wow. So much sensitivity. Rae looks great and she obviously didn't realise this was going to be such a controversial topic. Shop where you want.

^^^ This... and she did apologize... takes a wonderful person to do that and realize her post might have been offensive!
  • alexis831
    alexis831 Posts: 469 Member
    Options

Yes, this.

This... and I like cheese, anyone else?
  • snoopytwins
    snoopytwins Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Wow
  • Rae6503
    Options
    Also, I'm not at all surprised that my outfits got critiqued. I don't really like many of the junior outfits posted. The difference was I kept my negative thoughts in my head (or in PMs or on my proflie). I just thought it was only fair that I open myself up to comments like the other ladies did. I still prefer my style to the junior styles presented. Although I might take some suggestions into consideration. I do think some fun chunky jewelry or shoes (although you can't see my shoes in many) would add a lot. I actually make jewelry but sadly in the 2 years of his life, my baby has broken most of my pieces.
  • Rae6503
    Options
    It's funny... I never shopped in juniors because I was usually too big. So I wouldn't even think of going anywhere near the department even if I COULD fit in the clothes. :) How many sequined leopard tops does one need? :)

However, I only recently discovered Forever 21 and realized that I could get a cute summer dress for $20.00... so, shop where you like! :)

I've actually tried there for dresses this summer. The waists are SUPER high on my (I'm 5'9"). I have this problem with Misses too. I love that some places have started making tops for tall women instead of just pants.
  • _granola
    _granola Posts: 326
    Options

I've actually tried there for dresses this summer. The waists are SUPER high on my (I'm 5'9"). I have this problem with Misses too. I love that some places have started making tops for tall women instead of just pants.

Yes! I am all torso and 5'10". I need long tops.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Also, I'm not at all surprised that my outfits got critiqued. I don't really like many of the junior outfits posted. The difference was I kept my negative thoughts in my head (or in PMs or on my proflie). I just thought it was only fair that I open myself up to comments like the other ladies did. I still prefer my style to the junior styles presented. Although I might take some suggestions into consideration. I do think some fun chunky jewelry or shoes (although you can't see my shoes in many) would add a lot. I actually make jewelry but sadly in the 2 years of his life, my baby has broken most of my pieces.

I hope you didn't take what I said as rude because that was not what I meant at all by what I said, I was just stating that for me your style is not my style, if what you wear makes you feel good about yourself then more power to you, just as if for me shopping in the junior's department makes me feel good then why should you or anyone else tell me not to shop there? Because I'm 30? It's my style, no I do not go out of my way to find obnoxious flashy things there, I mainly look for stripes like I said before, just something I enjoy wearing now.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Also, I'm still confused on this. These knees are just as baggy as my jeans in the knees. Mine are just a solid color.

ETA: I like these jeans but I try to avoid fadding like that because it seems to draw attention to my larger quads.

I'm guessing my large quads are what make these jeans bag at the knees. It never crossed my mind that this fading could emphasize them. I don't mind if they do, I am proud of my muscular quads.
  • eireannyoung
    eireannyoung Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'11 and my body is straight-up-and-down, so women's clothes don't fit me! Plus, people still say I look sixteen years old (I'm 29) so I can get away with wearing teen clothes LOL. When I "dress my age" I look like a little kid playing dress-up with Mommy's clothes, NOT flattering. :o)
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options

I'd like to know where you people find jeans that don't bag at the knee when standing but still allow you to sit and walk.

Hah I'm with you there. This is probably a body shape question. I have big thigh muscle and big calf muscle and bony knees. Even stretchy material bags or folds a bit on my knees! I had to give up skinny jeans because I can't fit my calves into them :-(
  • Rae6503
    Options

I'm guessing my large quads are what make these jeans bag at the knees. It never crossed my mind that this fading could emphasize them. I don't mind if they do, I am proud of my muscular quads.

I like mine too. This avoidance might be a remnant of a time when I still really disliked my legs (which was sadly most of my life). I've been working hard to embrace them these days.