Dear women over the age of 20

Options

Replies

• Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    You know why just limit this to Junior clothing? How about women over the age of 20 shouldn't wear:

High heels -- this includes very high heels with a slight platform in the front
    Bikini's
    Knee high, thigh high, hell any sort of boot
    Tank tops
    Shorts
    Skirts
    Jeans
    Leggings
    Strapless shirts/dresses
    Short sleeves
    Long sleeves
    Pony tails
    Long hair
    Make up
    Sneakers
    Flip flops
    Tight shirts
    Short shirts
    Low rise pants

From now on the standard issue for any woman over the age of 20 should be a burlap sack. Problem solved!

All of those items can easily be found outside the juniors department.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    frump is subjective

True, but what I'm getting from the juniors shoppers here is that every single item of clothing from every single designer that does not create juniors clothes is frumpy - which is not true. That's as judgy as the OP.

I covet weekend wear by Paltrow, Aniston, Bilson - not frumpy.

true - but you also have to realize that alot of the clothing being created by young hip designers is styled as junior garments but marketed to women in their late twenties and thirties, so its tomato tomato
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I just had to buy juniors shorts because I am in Texas and only had 2 pairs for two weeks and the women's didn't have any that flattered me.

I shot at places like American Eagle which kind of spans the board but if I go to normal department stores, the women's clothes feel too old for a 23 year old...Any other young women have this issue? I NEVER buy clothes because of it.

Thats why they have a contemporary section for women in their 20's (im 27) who dont want to go into the womens section but cant fit into juniors. . .

I have never seen a "contemporary" section. We only have JC Pennys and Younkers in my town and neither of them have it...both are relatively small stores. I have to drive an hour and a half to get to any other stores which...I don't have a car....so I don't even know what sort of stores to shop at. I seriously live in college and 5K t-shirts at the moment because I'm between sizes and have never been able to find tops that flatter me.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    You know why just limit this to Junior clothing? How about women over the age of 20 shouldn't wear:

Bikini's
    Tank tops
    Shorts
    Skirts
    Jeans
    Leggings
    Strapless shirts/dresses
    Short sleeves
    Long sleeves
    Pony tails
    Long hair
    Make up
    Sneakers
    Flip flops
    Tight shirts
    Short shirts
    Low rise pants

From now on the standard issue for any woman over the age of 20 should be a burlap sack. Problem solved!

in paisley mauve.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options

Bikini's
    Tank tops
    Shorts
    Skirts
    Jeans
    Leggings
    Strapless shirts/dresses
    Short sleeves
    Long sleeves
    Pony tails
    Long hair
    Make up
    Sneakers
    Flip flops
    Tight shirts
    Short shirts
    Low rise pants

Maybe so but a lot of the items aren't "age appropriate" or "sophisticated", now are they? :huh: Your whole beef is that women have to shop for "age appropriate sophisticated" clothes.

Oh, and I'm an odd number in size. Always have been.

Now more importantly why does it bother you so much what other people wear any way? You can't tell if someone got their clothes from the juniors, misses or petite department any way. Lots of people have posted pictures here that prove this so. . . . who cares?
  • sizzle92
    sizzle92 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    This thread is the reason I get along better with men. I choose my girlfriends carefully, and when I see cattiness and jealousy come out, they're axed. Those are ugly traits. How about building eachother up instead of putting eachother down? Good Lord.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    frump is subjective

True, but what I'm getting from the juniors shoppers here is that every single item of clothing from every single designer that does not create juniors clothes is frumpy - which is not true. That's as judgy as the OP.

I covet weekend wear by Paltrow, Aniston, Bilson - not frumpy.

true - but you also have to realize that alot of the clothing being created by young hip designers is styled as junior garments but marketed to women in their late twenties and thirties, so its tomato tomato

I have no issue with women shopping in the juniors department. I do, as well. Not solely, but I do. And I do not dress frumpy. I may have my lazy, tired moments, but they're rare.
  • JustJennie1
    Options

Bikini's
    Tank tops
    Shorts
    Skirts
    Jeans
    Leggings
    Strapless shirts/dresses
    Short sleeves
    Long sleeves
    Pony tails
    Long hair
    Make up
    Sneakers
    Flip flops
    Tight shirts
    Short shirts
    Low rise pants

in paisley mauve.

:laugh: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • wendybrat75
    wendybrat75 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Haha! I always shop in the Juniors department & I'm 37 years old.
  • sizzle92
    sizzle92 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options

That's because you're *gasp!* thin and stylish! The horror!!!!
  • JustJennie1
    Options

You need to stop that right now!

I bet you're an odd number size too.:angry:
  • chunkydunk714
    chunkydunk714 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I was trying so hard to stay away from this negative thread...but fk it..heres my two cents:

Why would it matter what ANYONE wears besides yourself? You dont like it...turn your head. That fkn simple. What makes other people happy in their own life is their choice. Stop being so negative...you might not be so damn grumpy and live a couple extra years.

geezus
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I'm imagining the majority of you with Justin Bieber t-shirts on and neon bracelets.

That's just a stereotype type now. I can't stand Justin Bieber, my cousin who is 14 has a great sense of fashion and I can assure you that Justin Bieber is no where in her wardrobe. My 11yr old niece, again she can't stand him. I mainly dress in horizontal stripes because I can pull it off unlike I use to beable to. I dress in things I would have never worn before because I have the body for it now.
  • Rae6503
    Options
    I'll play since I started it. But does Old Navy count as juniors? Cause yeah, I shop there a lot and buy cheap clothes. I'm a huge hypocrite. I also already apologized for those who missed it.

Old Navy sweater, $24 "mom" jeans from JC Penney:
    IMAG0619-1.jpg

Old Navy dress w/ used Nine West boots:
    IMAG0652.jpg

Walgreens dress, seriously.
    IMAG0985.jpg

Walmart sweater, JC Penny pants:
    IMAG0995.jpg

Old Navy tank, Kohl's shorts:
    IMAG0992-1.jpg

Kohls dress, Banana Republic jacket (I have the whole suit).
    IMAG0183.jpg
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options

Bikini's
    Tank tops
    Shorts
    Skirts
    Jeans
    Leggings
    Strapless shirts/dresses
    Short sleeves
    Long sleeves
    Pony tails
    Long hair
    Make up
    Sneakers
    Flip flops
    Tight shirts
    Short shirts
    Low rise pants

Burlap sacks can reveal too much leg. Just hide under your sheets and don't leave your house anymore. Life is obviously over.
  • Superbritt2drescu
    Superbritt2drescu Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I have a juniors shape/size body so that's typically what I wear. But honestly as long as I'm aloud to shop in the Active Wear section, I'd be all set! Not everyone dresses up, some of us prefer to wear jeans/T/hoodie. My momma is over 50 and wears the same as me and my two older sisters. As long as you dress for your body/your style, go you. :)
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    I never have a problem finding something fashionable in the plus sized section of Macy's.
    They have a "juniors" plus, things for the more fashionable younger crowd.
    I mean where else can my fat butt get lavender skinny jeans.

I want a pair of purple skinny jeans. I don't care what anybody thinks about them, either. I'll get that *kitten* from the Juniors section and rock it. That is, when I'm near my goal weight.

Old Navy currently has skinny jeans in like 98237042873 different colors for pretty inexpensive. Usually their pants don't fit me right, but the skinny jeans do for some reason. They have purple, and I want the red ones SOOOOO bad, but I'm waiting until I go down one more size (kinda between sizes at the moment). I'll add those red skinnies to my collection of loud pants, right next to my leopard print skinnies that got hated on earlier!

I LOVE Old Navy. I can actually wear a medium in their shirts! I can't do that anywhere else.
  • WhoTheHellIsBen
    WhoTheHellIsBen Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I wish I could shop in the boys section, that's where all the cool Marvel comic shirts and shoes are
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    A few examples of misses clothing from Macy's and JC Penney:

While you look great in all of them, I wouldn't wear a single item in these pictures. That is not my style at all.

Today I am wearing a shirt titled "The Periodic Table of Pirates" (black with white table of elements with jokes written in them), Levi jeans (juniors), and a grey zip-up hoodie with a skull and crossbones and rhinestones. And a black plastic headband with a butterfly on it, accenting my bleach blonde pixie with pink highlights.

Maybe I'm not dressing my age (24), but I sure am dressing my style!

It's fine if they're not your style, but you wouldn't call them frumpy, either, would you? That's what people keep saying about misses departments, that they're all frumpy and clearly they aren't.

And I could never, ever wear what you describe to my job even I were 24 and that was "my style." I'd still have to have different clothes. I could wear all but the maxi dress to work (and did). And the maxi dress only because it's a halter and not easy to wear a sweater or blazer over the top of it.

Honestly, since you did ask, I am sorry but yes, I consider the first and last look a little "frumpy". Like the other poster said, frumpy is subjective. I am sure you don't consider it frumpy and aren't considered frumpy in the environment that you work in.

Luckily, I am a full time chemistry grad student and we pretty much HAVE to wear jeans and t-shirts. My boss jokes about my pink hair but doesn't mind it. Since I also have a nose piercing and a visible tattoo, my clothing will be one of the last things to get me booted from a job.
  • Rae6503
    Options

Bikini's
    Tank tops
    Shorts
    Skirts
    Jeans
    Leggings
    Strapless shirts/dresses
    Short sleeves
    Long sleeves
    Pony tails
    Long hair
    Make up
    Sneakers
    Flip flops
    Tight shirts
    Short shirts
    Low rise pants

Maybe so but a lot of the items aren't "age appropriate" or "sophisticated", now are they? :huh: Your whole beef is that women have to shop for "age appropriate sophisticated" clothes.

I wouldn't consider any of those things NOT age appropriate for a 30 year old, except flip flops unless you are on the beach but I hate the noise they make, short shirts, those are just out of style (thankfully).