What birth control are you using?

Options

Replies

• andyxbear
    andyxbear Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I haven't used birth control pills or other contraceptions for about 3 years now. I use my body's natural way of telling me when it's ovulating, when it's fertile, and when I'm on my period by using a period tracker. It works like a charm and I don't have regulating periods like other women who have periods that are spot on every month. I haven't gotten bad cramps like I did when I was on birth control pills.
  • andyxbear
    andyxbear Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Ever contemplated a ladycomp? computer that tracks your cycle based on temperatures and such. It's similar to NFP with the book, but good for lazy people who don't remember to write things down.
    No side effects which believe me, are not worth it regardless of copper, IUD, implant OR even hysterectomy that messes up big time with your hormones and aging!
    Heather

^^ This, but I use the "P Tracker" period tracker app.
  • RealWomenLovePitbulls
    Options
    i take Gianvi which is the generic for Yaz, no problems with it, i took Ortho-Tri Cyclen Lo for a while and gained about 11 lbs with it, but lost it in one month after switching back to the Yaz
  • projektai
    projektai Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I use lo estren fe. I haven't noticed much gain or loss with it to be honest, but it helps me maintain my period. I had an overactive one for awhile, and this settles it down to a normal schedule. I know on women who experience a normal period, it's likely to make them experience it only 4 months out of the year.

Hope you find one that works for you! <3
  • follmer20
    follmer20 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Anyone with implanon still have a little black and blue mark at the opposite end it was inserted? I had mine inserted back I may and still have a little black and blue mark. Called the dr, they said they've never heard of that happening, they just HAD to see me and when I go in, the dr says "oh, hat should clear up". Saw him for 2 seconds. Anyone else have this problem? Other then that, I love the thing!
  • tigertrax3
    tigertrax3 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I have the copper iud, the non hormone kind. I love it! No side effects, except for a slightly heavier period. Our insurance didn't cover it, but i got mine done at the health department. Based on income, i only paid 42 dollars for it.(that was almost 7 years ago) Thats only 4 dollars a year, in the long run.
    I would reccommend it to anyone.
  • Sixalicious
    Sixalicious Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    If you are looking for permanent then check out Essure. I have Adiana (I believe it was recently taken off the market for legal reasons, not health) but it's similar to Essure. The difference is the material used. There are no hormones involved and the procedure isn't bad at all. I had it done one morning and was out and about that afternoon.
  • supahstar71
    supahstar71 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Chuck E Cheese's parties. Best birth control out there.

I just got Mirena last month. I'm happy with it but still have PTSD from when they put it in. :noway:
  • pepsi666
    Options
    I take Micronor. I don't like it, but because I'm old (allegedly) and more at risk of stroke, it's the only one my family planning GP will allow me to take. It doesn't agree with me at all but hey ho. I did however love Marvelon!
  • ervine
    ervine Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I use and LOVE the nuva-ring. I have done the pill in the past but would never ever go back
  • DesireeLovesOrganic
    Options
    My husband got the snip in 2007, it's wonderful. Haha! Talk him into it. It takes a couple of minutes and is no big deal. My husband and I went out afterwards because we were like "Sweet, we have a sitter!" Hahaha He put a pack of frozen peas on his nuts when we got home for like an hour and then got bored and painted the ceiling because he had the day off work. He got the laser one, only one stitch.
  • CATindeeHAT
    CATindeeHAT Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Has anyone else noticed how the MEN are suggesting abstinence-related birth control methods?

This is 2012, not the 1950's. We have the right to get just as much action as you do...

...and there's not a whole hell of a lot you can do about it ;)
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Hysterectomy - 3.5 years ago. :wink:
  • calamity71
    calamity71 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    my husband had the snip snip done after my first child (and me almost dying from complications) and well.....they can fail. :) But I have two beautiful children. I had the tubal ligation done after the birth of my second child. The incision is small and done through your belly button. so if you are not going to have more children, why not?! And...well...if you hubby mans up and gets it done, make sure he gets it checked. LOL. :)
  • jesekelynne
    Options
    Paragard IUD. No hormones. No weight gain. No side effects. Last for 10 years. Insurance covered 100%.
    I think everyone's experience with Paraguard is different. I have had it for about 11 months (since 2 months after my daughter was born) At my 1 month check up I was 10 lbs under my prepregnancy weight, two months after paraguard I had gained 20 lbs. My diet hadn't changed though. I also have has some of the worst TOMs, including heavy flow (like, I had to leave work), and bad cramping. I have also started breaking out at my TOM worse than I ever have before. All that being said I still have it, so getting pregnant was a worse option for me than all the side effects...
  • smokinjackd
    Options
    Extreme abstinence, god I hate my life.
  • lwagnitz
    lwagnitz Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    The first stuff I was on was called Trinesa I think? The second one I think was called seasonique or something idk lol

But the first one I was on I lost weight.
    The second one I was on was the kind where you don't get your period for 4 months.

I switched to the second one because the first one gave me really bad cramps and ovarian pain. But the second one made me basically bipolar, and I gained about 30lbs.

So, none for now :) hahah.
  • michspor
    Options
    Chuck E Cheese's parties. Best birth control out there.

I just got Mirena last month. I'm happy with it but still have PTSD from when they put it in. :noway:
    [/quote

oh this made me chuckle!!!
  • tshields27
    tshields27 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I got my tubes tied and it was the best decision I could have ever made.
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Im on Depo Provera . been on it for 6 years with no ill effects at all!

Me too. Just FYI- I recommend a calcium supplement if you go this route. It's been found to weaken bones if taken for long periods of time.