What birth control are you using?

Options
1111213141517»

Replies

• ClareWantsProgress
    Options
    Had a tubal ligation - best decision EVER. Wish I could have had it done sooner.
  • michspor
    Options
    So I went to the doctor and she recommended the Nuvaring.... I was on it before and my husband reminded me I didn't like it ( i don't remember). Doesn't that thing need to be refridgerated if you get more than one on the perscription? The doctor told me if I take a long car ride to make sure I move and take breaks because this ring can cause blood clots! WTH....I take it to stop from getting pregnant but can get other problems from it.... I don't know what to do... I have been reading all of your posts on this and I am at a loss....so its still sitting in my fridge since i don't know what to do
  • Humbugsftw
    Humbugsftw Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I'm on microgynon 30. It's a pill, yes, but it's worked the best for me. No side effects whatsoever.
    Looking to go onto the Mirena at some point though, for a better peace of mind.
  • amandaosicki
    Options
    Nuva-Ring Also made me bat-**** crazy and way too emotional. Not worth it.
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Nothing...my husband has been snipped :bigsmile:
  • violetsprings
    violetsprings Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Why exactly do you not like Micronor? I've been in it for weeks and am looking for other people's experiences. I'm only 19 but I was put on it because I have family history of high blood pressure (although mine is very low) and stroke.

Did you experience any problems with weight gain, skin problems and hair loss? :(
  • violetsprings
    violetsprings Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I take Micronor. I don't like it, but because I'm old (allegedly) and more at risk of stroke, it's the only one my family planning GP will allow me to take. It doesn't agree with me at all but hey ho. I did however love Marvelon!
    Why exactly do you not like Micronor? I've been in it for weeks and am looking for other people's experiences. I'm only 19 but I was put on it because I have family history of high blood pressure (although mine is very low) and stroke.

Did you experience any problems with weight gain, skin problems and hair loss? :(