Replies

• linnebooc
    linnebooc Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    *disregard - not sure why it posted twice*
  • Ktbell626
    Ktbell626 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I would love to join too! I'm 5'4 current weight is 171 and goal weight is 130
  • figueres3
    figueres3 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 4"
    CW 167
    GW 120

:) great idea!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,931 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: I saw the challenge at the top of the page to do a 30 minute workout on Thanksgiving----what a fabulous idea:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

I'm 5'3''
    on January 14 I weighed 183
    last Thursday I weighed 118
    my current goal is 115 but I may revise it to 113.

Together we can make a difference :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!! I'm glad we have our first official thread, YAY!! :happy:

My name is Gabrielle. I rarely share that for some reason but I want to share it with my special group. :smile:

My starting weight was 139 last August when I started back up on MFP after a long hiatus of living in the woods. I have done some cutting and bulking phases since then.

CW- 131.6 (last Thursday)
    GW (1/1/2010) - 127
    GW (3/3/2010 BIRTHDAY) - 125
    GW (6/1/2010 SUMMER) - 120

I'm 5'0:smile:
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    Ohhh, yea! A group I can finally participate in! Everyone knows me as Faerie, and this site has helped me so much so far. I already schedule myself for 30 mins on the treadmill on Turkey day, so hopefully I will not fall off my little wagon....
    I am 5'4, so I guess I am finally the tallest in my group!

CW 107.2
    GW 105
  • wks7777
    wks7777 Posts: 230
    Options
    Yay! im glad to see there are so many of us! I want us to use each weeks thread as a support system as well! So feel free to check in any time u want to! If u need to vent, if u need support, if u want to tell about what u did today to reach ur goals, anything! Lets have a great week girls!
    Ive had a good day so far, im rotating carbs and today is my high protein day which i did it for the first time last week and it was tough but im goin to stick with it cuz i hear it works! I have a great work out planned, i hope i can get thru it! I have body attack for an hour (high impact aerobics) and then body pump for an hour (high reps low weight weightlifting class). After dinner im going to do about 20 min of abs as well since i missed my pilates class this morning. I was exhausted from this weekend, im trying to get more sleep becuz i think thats a good reason why i am struggiling to lose this weight.
  • sixtyinchesoffury
    sixtyinchesoffury Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'd like to join. I am 5'0 or as i like to call myself....60 inches of Fury :laugh:

I weighed myself yesterday at 140.8 but i'd like to get down to 130. then i will reassess

good luck to everyone and let's keep each other motivated!!!! :drinker:

Ang :heart:
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    hi my name is Lisa I am 5'3" and currently weigh 132.6 like to get down to 115-120
  • LOVEsummer
    LOVEsummer Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    How do I join!? Just keep up with the thread? I would love to do this.... Turkey Day 30 min workout it is :)

My current weight is 124ish ( I feel like I fluctuate EVERY day)

My GW is 110 by Spring Break 3/10/10 =)

I'm 5'2" :)

I have a pretty muscular build right now and I work out a lot, what I really need is to lose some girth on my middle and slim down my legs...

My biggest down fall is that I get terrified if I eat over 12-1300 cals a day... Granted on occasion I definitely do! I read online that I should eat 9 calories for every pound in my goal weight so 9 x 110 = 990 a day... is that ok to do? I can't wait to get super fit so I look great in my bikini and heels tanning outside of the Bellagio in Vegas on Spring Break :-P
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    How do I join!? Just keep up with the thread? I would love to do this.... Turkey Day 30 min workout it is :)

I have a pretty muscular build right now and I work out a lot, what I really need is to lose some girth on my middle and slim down my legs...

My biggest down fall is that I get terrified if I eat over 12-1300 cals a day... Granted on occasion I definitely do! I read online that I should eat 9 calories for every pound in my goal weight so 9 x 110 = 990 a day... is that ok to do? I can't wait to get super fit so I look great in my bikini and heels tanning outside of the Bellagio in Vegas on Spring Break :-P

That's interesting, I would also like to know if that is true, 9 cals for every pound, but this would mean I should only have 945 cals a day. Any thoughts?
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options

That's interesting, I would also like to know if that is true, 9 cals for every pound, but this would mean I should only have 945 cals a day. Any thoughts?

I just think that would put your body into starvation mode and you would not lose but I am not sure 100% postive on that
  • sekc29
    sekc29 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 5'2 and am I currently weight 156. I would love to be around 120 but my first goal is 149 by Christmas.
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    Gosh, no, don't eat 900 calories a day! The chances of maintaining your health and getting all necessary nutrients as an active individual on 900 calories a day are slim to none. I eat 1400-1500 cals/day and I've been losing over a lb a week so far. My BMR alone is 1,310 cal/day, so even without exercise 900 would put me at a deficit. The ADA recommends 1200 as a minimum to ensure that you'll be closer to attaining all necessary nutrients at appropriate levels.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,931 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I've been eating 1200 calories a day plus some of my exercise calories and am still losing weight. I think it's important that all 1200 calories come from nutrition dense foods, not empty calories like white flour, sugar, alcohol, etc. I want to be healthy and energetic along with being slim.

When in doubt, I overestimate my food calories and underestimate my exercise calories.:smile:
  • Luke93
    Luke93 Posts: 35
    Options
    Yay!!!!!! Our first week!:happy:

Hi everyone, my name is Celina. I think this is a great challenge this week, I had planned on upping my workouts for the week and taking Thursday off but this challenge is a great motivator for me to at least get in 30 min.

Height: 5'0"
    Starting Weight: 174.4
    Current Weight: 132.4
    1st Goal Weight: 115

For the past few months I have been eating 1200 calories and rarely eating back my exercise cals. But then I kept reading all these things about starvation mode and your body adapting to 1200 and it just kinda scared me a bit. So just last week I upped my calories to 1300. The BMR calculated me at 1266. So technically I should still be losing eating 1300.

Good luck to everyone this week.:flowerforyou:
  • ButlerMom
    ButlerMom Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hello, all I want to join. I"m 5'3.5" and weigh 172....first step is to get to 150. My husband is a MFP fan, too so that makes it easier!!! I'm in for Thanksgiving Day :happy:
  • dinosgirl
    dinosgirl Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    May I join?

I am barely 5' and currently weigh 151 lbs. My third son just had his first birthday this past week so I figure I can no longer use the excuse that I just had a baby for my weight! I am hoping to get down to 125lbs or so. Ideally I'd like to weigh 112lbs like I did when I was my fittest a long, long time ago, but 125lbs seems more realistic.

I am doing ChaLEAN Extreme and loving it! I am currently into my second week of the program and love how the workouts are only 30 - 45 minutes. Perfect for my hectic schedule of a full-time job and mommy to 3 beautiful boys 5 and under.
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    May I join?

I am barely 5' and currently weigh 151 lbs. My third son just had his first birthday this past week so I figure I can no longer use the excuse that I just had a baby for my weight! I am hoping to get down to 125lbs or so. Ideally I'd like to weigh 112lbs like I did when I was my fittest a long, long time ago, but 125lbs seems more realistic.

I am doing ChaLEAN Extreme and loving it! I am currently into my second week of the program and love how the workouts are only 30 - 45 minutes. Perfect for my hectic schedule of a full-time job and mommy to 3 beautiful boys 5 and under.

Welcome!!
    I started at 154 in 2005. I was in a size 13 pants at 5'0. It has taken time but I have totally changed my body through all the school and working full time and all that other CRUD that wants to get in the way of us reaching our goals. I too would like to reach 125 as a short-term goal, and be 118 by the summer. The ChaLEAN sounds like a lot of fun from what I hear!
  • marilla
    marilla Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. What a great thread!

Height: 5'1"
    CW: 130.0
    GW: 110.0

I did a 45 minute Tae-robics workout with 15 minutes of strength/toning. I also completed day 5 of the 30 Day Shred. I think my gym is going to have class at 0800 on Thanksgiving since many have requested it and I plan to go.

Marilla