**Fit and Fun-sized**(5'4 and under) WEEK 1

Options

Replies

• ButlerMom
    ButlerMom Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hello, all. Had a pretty good exercise day. I ran 2 miles and walked 2. I need to pick it up!!
  • supermom1114
    Options
    Glad most of us have had a good day! I'm glad I stuck out the day. Usually I start off my day great, good breakfast, most days I work out but by mid-afternoon I'm always craving something sweet. Today I just kept myself busy cleaning and organizing. Had one piece of dark chocolate and then ended the day with chicken teriyaki, brown rice, n stir-fried- veggies mmmm

summer- I totally feel you on slimming down. When I strength train my muscles bulk up a lot. I used to play soccer, volleyball, and basketball so my leg muscles are very defined, for now they're hidden a but from my extra weight but when I start losing weight and working them they really start to show through. Its so frustrating. I just want lean muscles not big bulky ones

mkwood- My husband is in Iraq and has been since April, and gone for training since January, I know its tough. I'd just given birth to our son two months before he left for training and I've been trying to work off the baby weight ever since. I just want to look really good when he gets home in January!!!
  • shel75
    shel75 Posts: 75
    Options
    Hello all,

Missed the check in, but my wt. has not changed in a few wks (so frustrating.....). I am working on increasing my exercise to 5 days a wk for 60 min. Currently - 3 at 60 min and one at 45. I use the eliptical plus the ab and hip flex machines. Clothing size - 6/8 and my goal is 4/6. Diet wise, I shoot for the 60/40 protein to carbs. My biggest body challenges are the stomach and behind :laugh:
  • shel75
    shel75 Posts: 75
    Options
    oops - ht - 5'3 :bigsmile:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Hello all,

Missed the check in, but my wt. has not changed in a few wks (so frustrating.....). I am working on increasing my exercise to 5 days a wk for 60 min. Currently - 3 at 60 min and one at 45. I use the eliptical plus the ab and hip flex machines. Clothing size - 6/8 and my goal is 4/6. Diet wise, I shoot for the 60/40 protein to carbs. My biggest body challenges are the stomach and behind :laugh:

Welcome! I feel you on the whole behind issue LOL! :) Are you not eating any fat for the 60/40 split?
  • spicy618
    spicy618 Posts: 2,117 Member
    Options
    Hi Fun-Sized Gals!

I actually have a tee-shirt that states... "I'm not short, I'm fun-sized" :laugh:

I'm Yvonne... shhh, don't tell anyone my name :wink:

SW: 175
    CW: 148
    GW: 145 (will see from here, don't want to lose the booty :laugh: )

My gym is offering Zumba on Wednesday night and Friday morning... :bigsmile:

Thanks for Lookin out for the Fun-sized group! :flowerforyou:

OMG I so have the "I'm not short, I'm fun sized" shirt too!!!!!!! hahaha

:bigsmile: Sooo Cute.

We should take a pic with it and use it as an Avatar. :wink:
  • spicy618
    Options
    Morning all,
    Hope everyone is doing well and taking care of themselves. :flowerforyou:

I went to the gym yesterday and did the elliptical for 45 minutes (resistance 10) and the stationary bike for 15 (level 10). :bigsmile: about 550 calories. burned according to my HRM.
    I didn't do too bad with my food. Being that TOM just ended, I only had:
    1 weight watchers english toffee ice cream
    1 rice krispie treat
    1 granola bar
    This isn't too bad for me being that I have a serious sugar addiction. :embarassed:

Someone asked about measurments:
    Bust - 34
    waist - 26
    Hips - 38

I was measured for Body fat % at my gym, back in September and it was 29.8%.
    Songbyrd - Do you think I can reach a decent BF% for my age (41) without cutting out my "sweet treats"? :flowerforyou:
    After reading your average carb intake I checked mine and I've been at 150 grams also and I usually stay within. Fat is under control too. However, Sugar is always over :frown:

Make it a great day!
  • spicy618
    Options
    Hi - I'd like to join too - and, wks - great idea for this thread! I'm 5'4 1/2 (so maybe on the tall side of everyone here!) :) SW was 170, CW is 148.

Anyone else here unsure about what a realistic GW is? I've looked at the range using the BMI guidelines... and the range is quite wide. I actually feel pretty good at my current size - I was in a size 14 and now can comfortably wear 8... However, the smaller I get, the bigger I feel. It's so bizarre....

Now that I've reached the milestone of a "healthy" BMI (even if it is the highest point) I realize I could stand to lose a lot more weight... I see really small people and before never thought it was possible. Now, it's within reach - but I don't know if I"m "meant" to be that small - or if hovering at the high end of "healthy" is where I should be. Anyone else confused?

How odd is it to see that question here -where most people are striving to be as small as possible? I'm just trying not to make the mistake of being unhappy with myself... I've accomplished a lot and exercise regularly. (Running e/o day, walking on days off, doing strength / circuit training, eating decently). Ay ay ay...

I'm exactly where you are. Literally. I reached 148 too.:bigsmile: I also feel and look great in a size 8, but also keep thinking how will I look at size 6? I truly feel that if I dedicated most of my workouts to strength training, I would tone up nicely and probably fit into a 6 without losing many lbs. You are not alone.

Hi Yvonne :) Funny - I read your first post and thought - "we could be twins!" I posted my sw wrong - darn 0 and 9 are right next to each other. SW was 179, not 170. So.... I have a good sense of what you look like! I bet you DO look good! :bigsmile:
    Yeah, it's that feeling of not necessarily NEEDING or WANTING to be smaller, but actually a greater curiosity of what I would look like in a 6.... or a 4.... because I never even imagined it before. I've also found at this point that I'm not super dedicated to "losing weight" per se - but more interested in toning up, tightening the flab and being as healthy as i can be.

Gabrielle - thanks for the info.. you seem well informed - thanks for sharing / educating. I've never been remotely interested in health or fitness before the past few months - have a lot left to learn. :) I dont have any way to have my body fat percentage tested... but i DO know I'm healthier than I was a few months ago - there's no disputing that. (Pats self on back!)

And, welcome welcome mkwood! :)

Wow, we are really close in stats :smile: Great job on becoming healthier. :bigsmile: I've read that you can have an approximate Body Fat measurement if you have someone else measure your neck, upper arms, waist, hips and calves (i think) and theres a formula that will give you an estimate. Maybe someone else can chime in if they know more. :flowerforyou:

This is the first time I've reached this weight in a Healthy Way and it feels empowering. :happy:
    I with you on "dedication" not being as it was. However, I don't feel 'right' if i don't get in at least 3 to 4 hours of exercise per week. One of the great habits I've developed within the last year. :bigsmile: So at least I'm still at a deficit :wink: (I have a spreadsheet that I use to track my "actual deficit").

Have a great day!
  • supermom1114
    Options
    Good morning all!!

Got a busy day today. A little grocery shopping for fresh veggies for a veggie tray tomorrow. Then baking a caramel apple pie and pumpkin pie all from scratch except the canned pumpkin. I'm even making whipped cream for the pumpkin pie from scratch!! I love cooking and baking!! Then my son has an appointment with the Ear Nose and Throat doctor, poor guy has been dealing with ear infections in different ears back and forth since Sept. Its been a resistant strain of bug and they put him on the strongest medicine they could and it was supposed to work but didnt so they think his ears aren't draining properly. =(

Somehow I'm going to get some time in today on the Wii, I workout with the EA Active game and my parents just bought the Biggest Loser game but I guess its for people who are really starting out because the first few workouts I've done weren't very hard at all. I'm going to bump up a level today and see how it goes. I really want the Jillian Michaels game for Christmas though. She said on her facebook that she had nothing to do with the Biggest Loser game, so dissappointed lol. I want to get my *kitten* kicked by her someday
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    How is everyone doing this fine day? Has anyone already logged what they'll be eating tomorrow (I'm a bit scared to, but I know that if I don't I'll go way over). I do at least plan on getting a run in tomorrow morning. I'm just greatful that I'm not a big turkey day fan (not too much I'm able to eat, lol.
  • marilla
    marilla Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    So far so good this week. I plan to workout tonight and tomorrow morning. I also find that if I log things beforehand that I do better because there are no surprises.
  • breezy81
    breezy81 Posts: 186
    Options
    Well, I like the term "fun-sized" I am 5'2'', weigh in @ 187. I am doing good on this weight lose, and doing it right. Good choices and hard work, like I'm on here right now instead of snaking on the choc. chip cookie dough for the cookies I am making for my son for Thanksgiving. I used to make a batch for 4 dz cookies but only about 2.5 dz got made, today the whole 4 are being baked!!!!

I had measurements at gym last night, I am down 11.5 inches total in 4 weeks and I lost 4 in each thigh!!!!!!!! I ROCK!
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    had good workout day I did EA sports on the wii and then did Day 2 of the 30 day shred level 1
  • jzbaby626
    Options
    Hey shorties! Hows everybody doin today? Im doin good so far. I did the 20 min of Biggest Loser workout with Bob Harper On Demand (on cable) and then I did the Walk a Mile video. Tonight I want to do the Walk 2 mile video and another 30 min of cardio (hopefully i wont get lazy :yawn: ). Tomorrow I am going to do my 30 min of cardio in the morning and then I want to do the 2 mile walk video after dinner...so we will see if I can stick to my goal. I filled out my diary for thanksgiving but i have a feeling I probably will eat more then I put in. I'll update it if i do. Hope everyone has a good thanksgiving!! :flowerforyou:
  • wks7777
    wks7777 Posts: 230
    Options
    That is awesome!!!Good for u! I cant wait for my inches to go down!Im just really getting started again and im so serious about this!Keep it up!
    Well, I like the term "fun-sized" I am 5'2'', weigh in @ 187. I am doing good on this weight lose, and doing it right. Good choices and hard work, like I'm on here right now instead of snaking on the choc. chip cookie dough for the cookies I am making for my son for Thanksgiving. I used to make a batch for 4 dz cookies but only about 2.5 dz got made, today the whole 4 are being baked!!!!

I had measurements at gym last night, I am down 11.5 inches total in 4 weeks and I lost 4 in each thigh!!!!!!!! I ROCK!
  • wks7777
    wks7777 Posts: 230
    Options
    So far so good today! GOt my day all planned out ready for my low carb day, going to try to get a tough workout regardless whew not looking forward to it!Im so ready to get this weight off!Hope everyone has a great day!
  • bellinachuchina
    bellinachuchina Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I would love to be apart of this group, as well!!! I am 5'2 and 150 currently, I want to ultimately be 135! Keep it goin' everyone!
  • kiki2006
    Options
    These past few days have been hard for me to stick to my diet. I don't know about anyone else - but about that "time of the month" I get hungrier and crave bad things... I've been snacking unecessarily on Cheez-Its (my weakness) about every night since this past Friday. I also had some brownie bites last night and the night before. I vowed to myself I won't have either tonight; let's hope I keep that vow!

I was reading some of the posts on goal sizes - mine ideally would be a 4 (I am currently an 8) but I would be happy enough in a size 6. I have to be realistic - I've had three kids and I will never be that little size 0-2 I once was. :wink:

I am right there with ya! This week has been hard for me as well. With the parties and treats at work plus TOM cravings. I have to admit that the motivation to exercise is just not there this week, but I'm going to try my hardest to get some cardio in tonight and I will be doing the Thanksgiving challenge! Good luck on the rest of the week!
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Good luck to everyone tomorrow for Thanksgiving. :tongue:

I ran 2.27 miles (my 8th week of C25K). I am thinking of adding in an extra run tomorrow with all these festivities. :laugh: I burn a ton of calories running.

I hope everyone is having a nice Wednesday! :flowerforyou:
  • breezy81
    breezy81 Posts: 186
    Options
    Hi all, hope everyones day is going good!! I just did a 2.17mi run(with walking recovery times) but was able to run fro 8 min @ a time, my previous best was 4 min @ once so I am pumped!!! Who knwo how nice it was to be DRIPPING sweat!! Baking pies for Thanksgiving, my house smells so GOOD!!! but Ilook better, that is my motto this year, I can be happy to smell the goodies, I planned a fruit bowl w/some light cool whip for dessert tomorrow. And NO wasted cals. on drinks..,. Plus I will burn off extra cals shopping Friday :)

Good luck tomorrow all,