**Fit and Fun-sized**(5'4 and under) WEEK 1

Options

Replies

• breezy81
    breezy81 Posts: 186
    Options
    These past few days have been hard for me to stick to my diet. I don't know about anyone else - but about that "time of the month" I get hungrier and crave bad things... I've been snacking unecessarily on Cheez-Its (my weakness) about every night since this past Friday. I also had some brownie bites last night and the night before. I vowed to myself I won't have either tonight; let's hope I keep that vow!

Me too, but this month I made it through! Tricked my self by going very low cal. snacks and getting busy, I avoided sweets ad lost weight! I was so proud!
  • lailavendar
    Options
    I suppose I would fit in at the higher end of the size, with me being 5'4 and all. I've been a member of Fitness Pal for about a month. It's hard to pin point my weight. I ususally fluctuate between 112 and 116 pounds. But I would like to weigh less. Maybe 108 pounds by my birthday (it's on Valentine's Day). That would be ideal. I don't have much to go on. I don't really have a starting weight or anything, since I haven't really lost much. I've just begun logging the food I eat and the exercise I do. Just got a membership to the YMCA. I try to go 3-4 times per week and I eat healthy for the most part (organic and local food) except I've got a sweet tooth. I'm worried about tonight and tomorrow. Like someone said before, I've got 2 Thanksgiving meals to endure. Isn't that kind of sad though how I used the word 'endure' like eating is something to dread? It should be a pleasurable experience, not one full of guilt and regret like it is for me. But I'll try to keep on going. It shouldn't be too hard. All of you fit and fun-sized gals are remaining motivated and on your way to reaching your goals, so I should be able to do that too. Good luck to all!
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Hey all!

I am SUPER tired today. Dropped carbs down to 10% today. I had to get a couple protein energy drinks with no carbs/fat, and snacked on an ounce of almonds while I drove about 4 hours to come home. Had a veggie omelet this morning with spinach, mushrooms, and onions, and low-carb protein shake post-workout. Tonight I had a 93% lean ground beef burger with reduced fat cheddar and broccoli. My workout was a 5 min. run to the gym, 40 min lifting (chest/tris), 30 min on the elliptical, and walking back to my house.

Thus far I haven't even noticed any snack food in my parents' house!! And it's my TOM haha...staying strong! :happy:
  • supermom1114
    Options
    How is everyone doing this fine day? Has anyone already logged what they'll be eating tomorrow (I'm a bit scared to, but I know that if I don't I'll go way over). I do at least plan on getting a run in tomorrow morning. I'm just greatful that I'm not a big turkey day fan (not too much I'm able to eat, lol.

I haven't logged it. I know I should but its a holiday and I'm not going to log it. I don't plan on splurging, I'm eating off of a small salad plate, and only having one piece of pie for dessert. The rest of the day we've got a relish tray and a veggie tray and a cracker and low-fat cheese tray so I'll be taking snacks off of that.
  • supermom1114
    Options
    Well, I like the term "fun-sized" I am 5'2'', weigh in @ 187. I am doing good on this weight lose, and doing it right. Good choices and hard work, like I'm on here right now instead of snaking on the choc. chip cookie dough for the cookies I am making for my son for Thanksgiving. I used to make a batch for 4 dz cookies but only about 2.5 dz got made, today the whole 4 are being baked!!!!

I had measurements at gym last night, I am down 11.5 inches total in 4 weeks and I lost 4 in each thigh!!!!!!!! I ROCK!

Thats awesome!!! WAY TO GO!!!
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    It sounds like most of us are pumped for doing good tomorrow. I've never posted my meals a day ahead of time. I usually post the whole day in the morning. I am planning on doing extra excercises today and through the weekend even if I don't over eat.

Good luck everyone!

JAM
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    Okay... I ate a cookie!! :blushing: I made these white chocolate chip pumpkin cookies and I stayed strong until the second batch came out of the oven...and I ATE ONE. And it was AMAZING. And I'm going to now bike for 30 min. to burn it off. I'm still going to eat a healthy breakfast and go running tomorrow too! :tongue:
  • Ripgirl
    Ripgirl Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    White chocolate chip pumpkin????? I shouldn't even be thinking this let alone asking, but can I have the recipe? Those sound too good to be true.
    Good for you, allowing yourself ONE and then exercising to make it up. Nothing wrong with that!!

I'm so impressed.

I have stayed back on track so far this week. Calories within budget, treadmill runs monday & tuesday, 40 minute spinning class today followed by 25 minutes on the elliptical. Tomorrow is a 60 minute strength class and hopefully adding at least 30 minutes of cardio, friday is 60 minute spin.

Seriously hoping for muffin top reduction in coming weeks.
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    White chocolate chip pumpkin????? I shouldn't even be thinking this let alone asking, but can I have the recipe? Those sound too good to be true.
    Good for you, allowing yourself ONE and then exercising to make it up. Nothing wrong with that!!

I'm so impressed.

I have stayed back on track so far this week. Calories within budget, treadmill runs monday & tuesday, 40 minute spinning class today followed by 25 minutes on the elliptical. Tomorrow is a 60 minute strength class and hopefully adding at least 30 minutes of cardio, friday is 60 minute spin.

Seriously hoping for muffin top reduction in coming weeks.

Yea! I actually posted the recipe in the Thanksgiving recipe thread. I'll bump it.

I biked 45 minutes at a moderate pace and then did some calisthenics - low lunges, push ups, triceps push ups, and sit ups. I definitely burnt it off because I plugged it into spark recipes and it was 267 calories.
    TOTALLY WORTH IT!!!
  • Taradise
    Taradise Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I did it!! I did 45 mins on the treadmill with walk/jog interval training. I did the challenge on Thanksgiving!! yay! I'm motivated for a good rest of the day.
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    I did it!! I did 45 mins on the treadmill with walk/jog interval training. I did the challenge on Thanksgiving!! yay! I'm motivated for a good rest of the day.

YAY great job!!! :drinker: :flowerforyou:

My tummy woke me up really early this morning (hungry) so I am about to have a healthy breakfast and go on my 50 minute run!
  • marilla
    marilla Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Challenge completed! I did 45 minutes of cardio (Tae-robics) this morning. Our class is usually 45 minutes so I am proud of myself for making it the extra 15.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!
  • geicko
    geicko Posts: 151
    Options
    Challenge also completed for me ! (though we don't celebrate Thanksgiving here :ohwell: )

I did 50 minutes Cardio Interval with Tony Horton + 20 minutes abs exercices.

Have a great and happy day ladies !
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Challenge completed! I did week 8 of C25K. 5 min walking, 28 minutes jogging, 5 min cool down. It was an extra run today specifically because of thanksgiving. Burned 514 calories according to my HRM. :happy:
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    The 50 min run is complete! It was Day 1 of Week 9 from the G28K program. I did about 4.5 miles. It was a BIG challenge since I've been working so hard this week and all I had was 22g of carbs at breakfast, plus the trail around the lake that I ran is very hilly! I feel accomplished and ready to eat!:drinker:
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    I did 70 mins total I did EA sports and also did 30 day shred day 3 level 1 today i feel great since I started back to working out since last weekend :)
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,927 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: got up early, did 8 sets of 20 crunches, ate a super nutritious breakfast , went to a spiritual meeting where we talked about gratitude, then did 35 minutes on the stationery bike while watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
    life doesn't get much better than this.:bigsmile:
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Challenge completed here too! 101 minutes, 25 cardio and the rest strength and yoga.

Gratz to all who have already completed the challenge so far today.

I logged most of my calories for today already to see what wiggle room I might have for snacks and treats.

JAM
  • ButlerMom
    ButlerMom Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    HELLO ALL....Great morning, I finished the challenge.....Ran 3 miles with my husband and walked a mile. Ate a great lunch and still have plenty of calories left over....Saving room for that Pecan Pie tonight!!!
  • traciedaisy
    Options
    I want to join!!!!! I am 5'1" Need motivation! Just starting
    CW-227
    GW-125